Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 351
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fun and Adventure !!!.... I've est Retourne' !!  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
Fun and Adventure !!!.... I've est Retourne' !!
« on: June 12, 2006, 09:59:23 pm »
Well, YESTERDAY,  my boyfriend informed me that I needed to get packed for four days worth of travel to an as yet undisclosed location, for  "Fun and Adventure".   Yippie.   My BF is really big on 'Surprise Vacations'  and the only reason Im getting this much notice is that I need to get my meds  in order ( little does he know that I have A two week reserve in my sock drawer at all times) .....

Going on past experience,  a Fun and Adventure vacation usually involves  1) A stay in an unspeakable Hotel  2) some Gay activity that inevitably embarasses the Hell out of me and 3)some kind of scheduling fuckup that gets us back home around midnight on a Sunday...  This time around he told me to pack for a  ' cool climate' and to bring my Passport. so lets add frostbite to the above list. Yes, I realize that its June.   UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Anyway I'll be back on or around Sunday, with pics and shit, so you all be nice....

Later....
Lwood :-*
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 06:02:15 pm by Lwood »
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Re: Fun and Adventure !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 10:02:07 pm »
woot!  I wish I had a boyfriend that great :)  Looking forward to your blog about it  ;D  details on debauchery must be included.

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
Re: Fun and Adventure !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:10:37 pm »
We want details when you get back.

;D :D ;) :)

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline Lwood

Re: Fun and Adventure !!!.... I've est Retourne' !!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 06:06:56 pm »
Bonjour Mon HIV Ami !!!!

Well, It was definitely fun. Here's a clue as to where it was :   

Any Guesses  (hint: you will hate me )

Offline Cliff

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 06:09:46 pm »
Have fun in Montreal!!!!   ;D

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 06:14:04 pm »
I hate you so bad.

:)

I hope they have kickass maple syrup though :)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 01:58:42 am »
lwood.

Well tell us, are we going to have a good time?

Offline Lwood

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:08:41 am »
Man !  and I had three more clues lined up too.  CSI has nothing on the AIDSmeds crowd.

OK, so I nearly crapped myself at the airport when the lady at the checkin counter said "OK, so youre all set for Montreal..."  So lets see, first of all the Airport is absolutely beautifull, and very modern-European. It looks like it was designed by IKEA. Customs was a breeze...
The first thing you'll notice when you get out of the airport is that The official Language is indeed French. And for the most part there's no English translation below it like at the airport, so brush up on the Francias'..
Although everyone speaks French, they can easily switch to perfect English if you dont parley francias, which is kind of a trip, and frankly made me feel like a dumbass for only knowing one language. Most places only take Canadian$$ so change some cash at the airport, credit cards work fine ( the currency exchange is automatic, for once, a nice service of major credit card companies)
Montreal has an excellent subway system and an unlimited 2,3,or 4 day pass is the way to go. a three day unlimited pass was less than $20 Canadian. The unlimited pass is good for the Subway AND bus system. Note, the subway maps are all in French, so locate an English translation before you set out, probablly at the airport, or Hotel. Once you know where you want to go the subway maps are pretty simple.
Montreal is a beautifull city, and very young. lots of fresh faced college students and well dressed young professionalls. Plenty of music student street performers too so keep a handfull of those nifty dollar coins for the good ones...
If shopping is your thing, Montreal is your city! The Rue St. Catherine strip of mostly clothing stores reminded me of Manhattan, without the markup !!  Our favorite was Simmons dept store. Very 'Twentysomething'
and SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS !! if a purchase is over $50 you will be refunded the sales tax after you leave !!!! pick up the form at the Airport and get your receipts stamped before you leave...

OK now for the part you Really want to hear...
The Gay Strip is fairly large, although I have to say more than a bit sleazy ( plenty of bums, Wino's & panhandlers...shops that sell bongs and Crack pipes...  just say 'no')  There are several umm shall we say, 'bath and sauna' clubs which sound like health spas in the guidebooks but in reality look more like homeless shelters. I'm sure there are some nice ones, but we didn't see them.  Plenty of bars at street level with stages and all manner of performers , and yes several male strip clubs (yes, fully nude and suposedly with private sessions available) We were just too damn tired to go exploring, so go with your instincts.     One place we did hit was called SkyBar  (take my advice, use the Elevator) Which is a cool rooftop bar that seemed to be popular with the College crowd  ::) and even included a pool. hmmmm. Dunno if Id get into a pool that was at a bar... think about it..
Overall, the people in the bars seemed young and good looking and pretty much every segment of the Gay community seemed to be present.... and this was on a Thursday.

The Musums are worth the trip also and so is the Botanical Garden - take the guided tour and ont skip the Japanese garden!!   On the way to the Botanical Garden is the Sports stadium where They'll hold the Out Games  in a few months and I think theres a tour available that will take you to the top of the 'Tower' above the stadium....not for those afraid of heights...  There's also an IMAX theater , and several performing arts centers. You won't be bored.

I was impressed with the food Everywhere we went, from coffee shops to top rated restaraunts. They seem to take a good deal of pride in food in Montreal and it shows. One good place is a chain of coffee&Sandwich shops called Van Hough or something like that,,, theyre EVERYWHERE, and very good. Makes Starbucks look like a lemonade stand.

Anyway, Ill add some pics later, Photobucket is slow this morning,  and fill you in on some of the fun and adventure.... hint- sex on a Canadian Goose down featherbed is just sinfully good...

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:26:41 am »
Let me fix that franglais...J'ai retourne....

I have a question...Cool Climate?  Excusez moi?

Sae
(Who lives in outskirts of Montreal....)
Meh.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:45:33 am »
Indeed SAE...cool climate doesn't really apply these days huh...my AC is running full spin.  ;)

Lwood,

Great to hear you had fun in Montreal and enjoyed your trip. Simmons is my favourite stores for buying shirts. They have stuff most stores doesn't have ( styling I meant ). This store originated from Quebec City a long time ago ( we have three over here ) while the one in Montreal is fairly recent.

Looking forward to see the pics.

Regards,

The Canuck

P.S. Lwood...you possibly meant '' Van Houtte ''.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:01:17 pm by The Canuck »

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 12:14:41 pm »
I hate you. >:(
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Lwood

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 06:18:44 pm »
Yep, it was VanHoute coffee shop and cafe type place., they even made bread and cheese taste great...   
My Breakfast of Champions....

I really wanted a good souvineer T shirt but the only clever ones were Canadian Flags with Pot leaves and 'Canadian Bakin' written below it... I finally settled on This One :

and ofcourse I had to fit in with all of the well dressed Montrealers
Got L'Attitude ??

The weather was FAR from chilly, and without the Southern Humidity that I'm used to, it was Ideal!
Another cool thing to try out is the selection of 'Double' or even 'Triple' strength beers. I had one with a 9% alcohol content ( American beer is usually 5%) WOOOO HOOOO. Kinda like a beer AND a shot all at once !!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:52:54 pm by Lwood »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.