Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:02:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Being on TV in the morning  (Read 7476 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Being on TV in the morning
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:44:54 pm »
Hi Forum Friends,

I just received a call from TV 50 Santa Rosa.  They are doing a piece on 25 Years of AIDS, I am being interviewed at 10:00 AM.  This will be moments before I attend the Executive Committee and Basic Needs Committee emergency meeting called in regards to the Funding Allocation advisory. 

I guess I was chosen because I am pretty and and am on the Executive Committee, the Sonoma County Commission on AIDS, the Basic Needs Committee, the Community Re-envolvement Task Force, the Persons living with HIV/AIDS Committee and have been asked to be on the Board of Directors of the AIDS Nutrient Bank.  I suppose it is also because I was on the front page of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat (a New York Times company) saying I have AIDS.

It takes planning to put these shows together, why do I get a last-minute call?  I would have liked to use my Macy's card and get a killer outfit.  Have the best day
Michael
(who actually has a lot of nice clothes)

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline jyngfilm

• AHH! I knew it, Betty had balls
Re: Being on TV in the morning
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:52:53 pm »
hope your interview goes well. Be sure to highlight the need for funds!,,,,,, but i'm sure you will. Best of luck
on the outfit too!!! ~jordon
o
ps: please highlight the context here.
munchausen by proxy is not an out in my case

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:59:32 pm »
Well, are we going go be able to see that pretty face of yours?  TV, Newspapers. Webs.  You're a real multi-media type of guy.  Show us the goods!

robert

(who still laughing about the Carter Family  "Cuntry Music"  episode.)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:10:49 am »
Hi Forum Friends,

On the show, I am going to introduce myself as a person living with AIDS for the past 10 years.  I am wearing a suit and will look like any businessman on the downtown street.  I plan on discussing the reduced funding in the RWCA, the Funding Allocation Working Group and Community Re-Envolvement, a program of which I have been the spokes model and key player from the beginning.

After the taping, I go into the emergency combined committee meetings, I am a voting member of both committees.  THe focus of this emergency meeting is to convince the voting members the ASO is the best qualified organization to head Community Re-Envolvement.  They have ignored this program from the beginning and have recently become aware that if they head Re-Envolvement, there will be a bigger share of RWCA funding and they can keep their jobs.

I will then remind them who they work for... the client with HIV/AIDS.  I am also in the Funding Allocation Working Group and in order to keep their jobs, they have to provide better service to their 500 clients and I refuse to allow them to turn my 9 months of hard work into their job security.

I have spoken with the other two people who are being interviewed, we are on all of the same committees and in agreement to not start a media circus but to demand service for our dollars as we work as hard as all of them and live on disability incomes, while we line up for charity each week.  We all drink from the same public welll but the county employees take much bigger drinks.  Thank you ever so much for your time and have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 07:13:10 am »
It's 4:04 AM, I can not sleep and am supposed to be up dressed and fresh in 2 hours.  I could make a triple Latte and be bouncing off the studio walls.

Robert, I should have been a singer so I could put the cu (you know what) back in the Country.  I jus can't sing... Wait one minute, we are all singers in this world.  "Sing for your supper and you'll get breakfast."  They wanted me to train to be a bartender but I used too much product.  Same as a Mary Kaye Commando, used way too much product.

Sex would probably make me sleep but Mr. Magic lives a mile down the road and would be mad if I woke him on a work night.  "Songbirds are not dumb" and I have a convertible parked right outside. Ta Ta for now
Michael
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:25:41 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:04:06 am »
"Sing for your Supper"... have not heard that song in a long time.

Good luck with you television appearance. :)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 04:19:00 pm »
Michael...

Oh, I wish I could watch that channel!!! Would love to see you!!

Honey, this is terrific news for ALL of US, we couldn't ask for a better representative than you.

And, I found out in Wednesday's Allocation Meeting that my county spends ZERO dollars, that's right, ZIP, toward supplemental monies toward the local affected community needs. Looks like I'm set up to start rocking that boat soon.

Good luck...let us know how it went (I'm sure you looked so suave....!)

Love,
Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 05:36:10 pm »
Dear Zephie,

I was flawless, dressed in black.  I must have been in mourning because I was even wearing black underwear  ::).  They had prepared questions about me and the differences in my life since HIV and again since AIDS.  I got to plug my web site, the RWCA reauthorization anf the Community Re-Connect program.  I wish I could watch it but TV cable does not fit in my budget, I'll never see the show.  I have had no sleep since the day before yesterday?  I don't remember.  Turning on the AC and taking a short nap.  Meet me here later I want the 411 on the Funding Allocation.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Jody

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 07:51:19 pm »
Dear Michael...I'm sure you did very well and made alot of folks more aware of the crisis we live with daily........Take care and bless you for all you do.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 10:07:07 am »
Michael
 Way To Go Honey! I know you did an excellent job  and they couldn't have picked a better person. I wish I could see the show but here in the backwoods of Kentucky is a far far piece from California   :D
 Pehaps you could get a copy and have a video clip here? As you know from my attempts to  start my Ky website  that you rescued me from, I have no idea how you do that but I'm sure you do if its possible.
Hugs
Jena

Offline Markmt

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 12:13:31 pm »
Hi Mike, Pity we could not watch that. Congratulations on your interview, well done,

take care,

mark
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 02:46:21 pm »
The camera man has my web site address and said he would run the site address with the character generator during the show.  Left a message to request a video clip yesterday and sent email to my site designer to see if we can add the clip to www.Commission-on-AIDS.org.  With today being Saturday, nothing will happen, but hope to hear we can all see the show (on-line), early in the week.

I have kind of over loaded my site designer lately with new stuff and since her services are donated, I have to wait in line after the paying clients.  She is adding a new page to the site for "Project Africa" because Mark Netherda, one of our local ID docs, is moving his family there for a year or more to run a clinic for HIV positive children and babies.  Paula Netherda will be contributing news about that project.  Mark, Paula and their children will be leaving for Africa on or around the 19th of this month.  The story on Project Africa was posted in the forums, right before the switch to the new format.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 03:33:12 pm »
Hi Micheal,
Way to go with that interview. Proud of you! One question: Where do you buy black underwear? ...Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline water duck

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 04:39:20 pm »
Dear Michael,

Congratulations.

BTW did u say hello to BUSHY and tell him he made a huge contribution to your mourning  :P ;D

Siang

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 04:48:21 pm »
Hey Jeffery,

Black underwear?  That one is so easy... Macy's is my temple of worship.  My friends who were flooded out this last Winter had some FEMA cash to replace their belongings.  I had to take them there and they were offering a discount off already sale priced items for new credit accounts.

The sales rep asked me to apply for an account, I said I had not worked in 10 years due to a disability.  I do without things every month but always pay my credit cards on time so I have perfect credit.  They said with my past credit history and my disability income, I was GOLD to Macy's, a working person could be fired tomorrow.  They granted my new store account on the spot so I got an espresso machine and black underwear.

With the money I save by not having TV cable and high speed internet and a limited food budget, my Macy's charges are already paid in full.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 04:52:31 pm »
Dear Siang,

George Dubya does not watch the news, it takes too much intelligence to interpret and understand.  Staff does that for him  :o  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 05:00:51 pm »
Jena Dear,

I don't know how I fixed your site, a line in the programming just did not make sense so I changed it and it worked.  I was a business major in college and took a computer programming class.  I could not figure out simple tasks so I dropped business as my major and went into media communications with a business minor.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline water duck

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 06:17:27 pm »
Dear Michael,

Now since u r so well informed about what his staff does for him, a question : does his staff changed his
BLACK UNDERWEAR ???  ;) ;)
Have the best day .

siang

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 05:34:54 pm »
Recieved a copy of the tape from the show this morning.  If you remember Katherine Hepburn in "The Madwoman of Chaillot" you may understand how I feel.  In the movie Countess Aurelia (K Hepburn) overhears the people of Paris talking about the evil people from the oil company, she asks, "why didn't anyone tell me about this?"  They responded with, "because we didn't want to disturb you Countess."

Apparently nobody wanted to disturb me either because my face is so ravaged with lypodystrophy, I didn't recognize me.  It was my words, my voice and my shirt but I did not recognize the face.

I took the tape next door for confirmation but the contractor was not able to take time away from his work and said he would like to come up tonight and see the show.

I called some friends and they are coming over now.  I see myself in the mirror every day and I am in shock.  The other local people in the story look like themselves.  I know I have been losing a lot of weight and body fat because as of this morning, I am 25 lbs underweight.  If my friends confirm that is what I look like all the time, I shant be going outside any more.  Have the best day
Michael
(The other madwoman of Chaillot)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.