Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 07:54:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Switching Atripla to Intelence + Truvada???  (Read 5023 times)

Offline GChastain

Switching Atripla to Intelence + Truvada???
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:08:29 am »
Hi everyone,

first of all sorry about my English, Im writting from Spain so I may have some spelling mistakes  ;D.
I tested HIV + las October, my CD4 were low (230) and VL 15700, so my doctor recommended star straight away. My first combo was Viramune + Kivexa (in Europe is called Kivexa, Epzicom in the USA I believe). I had severe rash after two weeks and she said that I was allergic and that was better to switch to Atripla.
I started Atripla in November and had some trouble to sleep, in fact I just sleep 4-5 hours since i started with it. So my face reflects fatigue...
I did my blood test one month ago and today I went for my results. Unbelievable but I´m already undetectable and my CD4 raised to 564!!! In only 3 months!
So my doctor asked me how I was feeling, and after I told her that I have problems to sleep she said to switch to Intelence + Epzicom (or Truvada) and in 6 months switch to Complera (as still in Europe is not available, but will be in 6 months)
She said that Intelence + Truvada is quiet tolerable, with very little side effects, good in long term and that is no need to have problems to sleep when there r so many combos available...
I must say that she is a very good doctor, with more than 15 years experience working with HIV patients and is in the HIVACAT team (that is the Spanish project for the development of an HIV vaccine) so I guess that she knows what she is doing...
My question is: Is it normal so many changes in such sort period of time??? Would I get better on Atripla if I remain on it (she says that the side effects that u have after 2 months of treatment normally stay...)
Is anyone on Intelence + Truvada? Whats ur experience???
Aso she said that Kivexa (Epzicom) has less side effects than Truvada, but I have read that is slightly more associated to face wasting and lipodystrophy...
In any cases she is recommending me to try this combo and if after 6 months I wanna star again with one pill combo go to Complera.
I told her that I need one week to do my research and decide. There is no much info about Intelence + Truvada to be honest... So dunno what to do! I have my next appointment next Monday!

Offline GChastain

Re: Switching Atripla to Intelence + Truvada???
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:21 am »
Oh, also I must say that I was taking Atripla 6 days a week instead of 7... I read that  the dosage of Atripla components  exceeds the amount required by your body to keep HIV in check and was my personal choice to do it this way... The results were very good as I said before, undetectable in less than 3 months of medication. (In Atripla just 2 months as I was in Viramune for 2 weeks and then I stopped 2 weeks before starting with Atripla)

Offline buginme2

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:19:15 am »
Sounds like your doctor is pretty on top of things.  She is right, if you cant sleep with Atripla its perfectly reasonable to switch to something more tollerable.

Intellence is a fairly newer medication.  I have never taken it. 

Like your doctor also said if you really need the one pill option you can chanve to Complera in six months when its available in Spain.

You should really dicuss with your doctor about skipping your meds one day a week.  It may be ok with Atripla, but if you change meds and continue to skip let your doctor know so she can monitor you (or tell you to stop if your new med isnt as forgiving as Atripla is).

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:21:11 am by buginme2 »
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:34:02 am »
Oh, also I must say that I was taking Atripla 6 days a week instead of 7... I read that  the dosage of Atripla components  exceeds the amount required by your body to keep HIV in check and was my personal choice to do it this way... The results were very good as I said before, undetectable in less than 3 months of medication. (In Atripla just 2 months as I was in Viramune for 2 weeks and then I stopped 2 weeks before starting with Atripla)
Is your doctor aware of your dosing??

I am glad you got the results you needed, and quickly. 

For anyone else reading this thread, it is highly unusual for anyone to be adjusting daily dosing and especially so during the first start of HAART.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GChastain

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:46 am »
yep, she is aware.. and she told me not to do it   ::)

Offline Anqueetas

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 07:52:19 am »
I was on Entelence+Truvada for one month, no side effect what so ever but its require twice a day dosing(no food restriction). I switch to Viramune+Truvada because it is so much cheaper(about 20 times cheaper) and I can tolerate it without any side effect.
ARS, hospitalized for very high fever-July 2011
diagnosed HIV positive - October 16 2011
CD4 460 19.5% VL 49000 - late October 2011
CD4 625 19.5% VL 50030 - January 2012
CD4 369 19% VL 69000 - March 2012
Start Sustiva+ Truvada - April 17 2012
CD4 524 24.5% VL UD - August 22 2012
Switch to Nevirapine+Truvada
CD4 490 26% VL UD - November 2012
CD4 539 29% VL UD - February 2013
CD4 621 28% VL UD - May 2013

Offline GChastain

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 05:44:12 am »
An update about my Atripla experience. After 3 months of treatment, side effects are mostly gone. No problems to sleep and overall feeling great. I dont even feel dizzy anymore and I never had the vivid dreams.
Also I must say that the first two months I lost weight and I was quiet concern as my face got slimmer, so I was also freaking out because of this matter. But this last month I started gaining weight again and everything is back to normal.
It took three months to adjust so Im staying on Atripla.
For those who are starting treatment, keep a positive attitude and let ur body get used to it.  :)

Offline Common_ground

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 06:27:54 am »
An update about my Atripla experience. After 3 months of treatment, side effects are mostly gone. No problems to sleep and overall feeling great. I dont even feel dizzy anymore and I never had the vivid dreams.
Also I must say that the first two months I lost weight and I was quiet concern as my face got slimmer, so I was also freaking out because of this matter. But this last month I started gaining weight again and everything is back to normal.
It took three months to adjust so Im staying on Atripla.
For those who are starting treatment, keep a positive attitude and let ur body get used to it.  :)
This is like word by word my exact experience with Atripla as well.
2011 May - Neg.
2012 June CD4:205, 16% VL:2676 Start Truvada/Stocrin
2012 July  CD4:234, 18% VL:88
2012 Sep  CD4:238, 17% VL:UD
2013 Feb  CD4:257, 24% VL:UD -viramune/truvada
2013 May CD4:276, 26% VL:UD

2015 CD4: 240 , 28% VL:UD - Triumeq
2015 March CD4: 350 VL: UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.