Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:59:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 238
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Playing around and ended up in the hospital.  (Read 31522 times)

Offline wolfter

Playing around and ended up in the hospital.
« on: September 28, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »
Well, I've been gone since Monday enjoying my recovery in the hospital.  My brother and I got into a wrestling match Monday after our euchre league.  We ended up going to the ground and I felt and heard the snap. 

I waited til morning and went to the ER.  I completely
 broke my fibula in half and that bone pushed against the tibia and caused the ligament to twist 180 degrees.  The x-rays sure are pretty.  They put a temporary cast on Tuesday and I had surgery yesterday to put plates and screws on one side of the bone.  Another temporary cast and I have to go back in 10 days for them to pin the other side and receive a long term cast.

Moral of this story, start acting your age. ::)  He wanted to keep me there 10 more days but I promised him I'd do everything he dictated and return.  I so hate hospitals. 

On a side note, my mother got a little disgusted as the NP who was doing the intake and assigning me a room returned a short while later and and declared in a normal voice; "Mr. Wolfe, we only have 2 of your HIV meds in stock".  She said this in front of several people and I thought nothing of it.  My mother pointed out that it was never asked if she knew my status.  If not, then she would have known then.  I reminded her that it's just a virus and I think she actually got it.

Wolfie, who was given 60 percocets to get me through the week.  Doubt I'll down them with wine?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:04:13 pm by wolfter »
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Playing around and ended up in the hospital.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »
Oh Wolfie. You are not a kid anymore, you do realize that right?

Sorry this has befallen you. I guess you wont be hiking the Nat'l Mall again with me anytime soon.

Get well soon and enjoy those Perky's.

btw, have you had a Dexa scan? Maybe you're a bit brittle?

Hugs
Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline weasel

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:22:02 pm »

Hi Wolfie  :)

Hope you heal up quick .  That sounds dreadful !

Playing with your brother ....  :o

))) HUGS (((
                                                              Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline britchick

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:24:31 am »
Wolfter!

Oh noooo!!!!!Hope you feel better soon.I also hear you on the no privacy re your status.....somebody loudly announced my name at a govt office...and my status re THT(Terence Higgins Trust).

Everyone knows what THT does .....I got a few stares.....from old dears in the waiting area!!!!!!!!!!

Act your age????Never......life would be too dull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rest up!!!!!!!!!

Britchickx

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:23 am »
Ouch!!  All the best on speedy recovery.  As I've mentioned several times here, a hospital nurse is how my brother and his partner learned my status, and how I learned I was even on an HIV med.  I know all medical personnel go through privacy classes today.  Anyway, take care and cool it with the wrestling. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 06:51:56 am »
Oh Wolfie. You are not a kid anymore, you do realize that right?

Sorry this has befallen you. I guess you wont be hiking the Nat'l Mall again with me anytime soon.

Get well soon and enjoy those Perky's.

btw, have you had a Dexa scan? Maybe you're a bit brittle?

Hugs
Will

I had to google dexa scan.  I've never had one but will probably mention to my doctor. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:56:22 am »
Thanks for all the well wishes.  I still can't believe the expected recovery time from this.  I'm on my 2nd temporary cast and receive my next one in just over a week.  He expects I'll need to have that one on 8-10 weeks because of the additional damage done.

Still trying to figure out how to take a legit bath.  I can't imagine only sponge bathing for 2 months.  Just for fun, I'll post the xray later.

Wolfie

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 07:14:44 am »
  This is what my foot looked like before I realized I couldn't just walk it off.  My mother would have made a horrible doctor. :o

Upon arriving at the ER.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 07:30:18 am »
Wolfie,

You waited until the next day to go to the ER? Yikes!
Wrestling?
I would only wrestle if I thought there was a good opportunity to get "pinned".

Naughty nurse!

Hope you recover quickly!

Try to find someone cute to help with the sponge baths. It could be fun!

Ouch!!! Just saw your pictures!

Take care,
Mitch
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 08:11:57 am »
  This is what my foot looked like before I realized I couldn't just walk it off.  My mother would have made a horrible doctor. :o

Upon arriving at the ER.

Greg !!!

OUCH!!!!  That looks painful, hope it heals quickly. One of the things I found out, is that I can't do what I used to do. I can't do what I did 5 years ago, when I was almost 56.

The other day, I attempted doing  chin ups again, and felt a slight tearing sensation, in the right shoulder. I let go of the bar, before any damage, and everything is OK. I won't do that again !  :P

Heal quickly---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 08:33:39 am »
Wolfie....

YIKES!  That looks a little painful.

Be a good patient and do as the doctor tells you.  It will ensure that you don't need to stay in that cast longer......

Last year I broke my wrist from a fall during a tennis match.  I continued playing all weekend - 4 additional matches (I broke my left wrist -- play right-handed).  So, it took me 4 days to find out it was broken.  I also didn't do exactly as told -- spent 14 weeks in a cast and it didn't feel right for another 2 months after that.
SO.................  be a good patient!!

Hugs,
Mike

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 08:36:59 am »
I hope you mend quickly ... It looks awful . I'm hurting for you .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:28 am »
Ouch - i could only look at the picture quickly - as I am just a bit squeemish over stuff like that...
I would have been calling ambulances and everything ---- LOL

OUCH!!!
Feel better soon.

-Phil (who is now in pain just from looking at the picture)

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline wolfter

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 10:19:35 pm »
Ouch - i could only look at the picture quickly - as I am just a bit squeemish over stuff like that...
I would have been calling ambulances and everything ---- LOL

OUCH!!!
Feel better soon.

-Phil (who is now in pain just from looking at the picture)

I couldn't call the ambulance as they will only transport you to the nearest hospital.  That's a place that has repeatedly misdiagnosed me over the years.  We traveled quite a distance to my little country medical center that provides darn good care.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 10:20:55 pm »

Greg !!!

OUCH!!!!  That looks painful, hope it heals quickly. One of the things I found out, is that I can't do what I used to do. I can't do what I did 5 years ago, when I was almost 56.

The other day, I attempted doing  chin ups again, and felt a slight tearing sensation, in the right shoulder. I let go of the bar, before any damage, and everything is OK. I won't do that again !  :P

Heal quickly---Ray

I couldn't do pull ups 25 years ago so I wouldn't even attempt that now. ;D

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »
Wolfie....

YIKES!  That looks a little painful.

Be a good patient and do as the doctor tells you.  It will ensure that you don't need to stay in that cast longer......

Last year I broke my wrist from a fall during a tennis match.  I continued playing all weekend - 4 additional matches (I broke my left wrist -- play right-handed).  So, it took me 4 days to find out it was broken.  I also didn't do exactly as told -- spent 14 weeks in a cast and it didn't feel right for another 2 months after that.
SO.................  be a good patient!!

Hugs,
Mike

Thanks for the good points.  If I remember, you broke it right before Seattle?  The doctor already warned me that if the first part of the healing doesn't happen correctly, I'll need severe orthopedic surgery.  It does seem like some of us old HIV dudes hate dealing with hospital stays?

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.  The reality of this painful situation is really kicking in as I'm taking more pain meds than I ever have for any other illness/disease/injury. 

Edited to add:  I can see how people become addicted to these mellow pills.   ;D  I didn't realize til I had it filled that percocet is the same thing as oxycodone. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:27:48 pm by wolfter »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »
Wolfie, I'm really suprised that they didn't want to pin it. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 10:56:33 pm »
Wolfie, I'm really suprised that they didn't want to pin it. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

They did pin one side, but couldn't do the other side until the bone was twisted back in shape.  That's why he wants to leave these pins in until it partially sets then he can install them from the other side.  Thanks, I sure do hope it's a speedy recovery.  Depending on how well this part sets up, that'll determine how long my next admittance to the hospital will be.  Therefore, I'm really behaving.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:10 am »
Edited to add:  I can see how people become addicted to these mellow pills.   ;D  I didn't realize til I had it filled that percocet is the same thing as oxycodone.

Percocet is a higher schedule and suppose to be more potent than hydrocodone; however, percocet never worked for me.  It seemed like I was just taking Tylenol 3.  I guess people are just different that way.   

Offline wolfter

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:18 am »
They started out giving me infusions of morphine which wasn't having any affect at all which is unusual as even Tylenol makes me drowsy.  I guess being such a hyper person, any downer puts me out.  (except for Morphine?)

He prescribed 2 5mg tabs every 3 hours of Percocet.  I'm only taking 1 and am just now getting to where it doesn't knock my ass completely out.  I'm to the point where I can just sit there in good place. :o

I do like how they make my feel mentally though.  It's shutting down my ever thinking, over processing brain.  Might have to discuss this development with my doctor.

Thank again all.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:21 am »
Hope you're feeling better.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 12:49:01 am »
Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks, I guess I'll cut you some slack on being a wussy after your foot surgery. ;D  The good news is I am getting a hell of an adominal workout with the crutches.  The little white pills are making me feel way better.  I'm slowly getting used to the idea of laying in this damn bed again for several weeks.  And it's not because of the AIDS this time.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 01:55:08 am »
Ouch. Hope you're feeling better wolfter.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:55 pm »
Wrestling?  Really?   ;)

Don't get *too* used to laying in bed.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline wolfter

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 02:42:52 pm »
Wrestling?  Really?   ;)

Don't get *too* used to laying in bed.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Henry

I should have probably called it horseplaying. ;D  We tend to get in little competition about who can take the other to the ground first.  Quite childish I know, must be a hillbilly thing...lol  He absolutely feels horrible and even commented that I must have gotten weak in my old age as it wasn't that aggressive at all.  I almost told him he was at risk for infection because broken bones release HIV into the air.  But that'd have been a bit cruel.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 10:08:50 pm »
I tried googling this question, but I know there is a lot of drug expertise here. :o  My ortho surgeon prescribed oxycodone.  The bottle reads 5/325 TAB.  I already ran out of my 2 week supply and contacted my GP who called in a prescription until my next appointment.  He prescribed hydrocodone.  This bottle read 5/500 TAB.  What exactly are these numbers?  What exactly are the differences between the 2 medications? 

Thanks.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 11:11:02 pm »
The oxycodone 5/325 is 7.5 oxycodone or percocet and 325 Acetaminophen .

The other is Hydrocodone Bitartrate 5 mg + Acetaminophen 500 mg is correct .

HYDROCODONE V.S. OXYCODONE == THESE TWO DRUGS ARE SIMILAR, BUT NOT the same. Hydrocodone is the generic name for Vicodin, Norco, Lortab and about 30 others. It is a narcotic analgesic, and not quite as strong as Oxycodone. It's also SLIGHTLY less regulated ie.. it can be CALLED IN to a pharmacy by a physician. It can be habit forming. Vicodin and the rest are a combo of hydrocodone and acetaminophen (Tylenol). Oxycodone is also a narcotic analgesic, also can be habit forming. It's also a combo of acetaminophen and oxycodone (generic) name for Percocet, Tylox, Roxilox. It is SLIGHTLY more regulated ie.. in CANNOT be called in to a pharmacy, you have to have a physical written prescription from a physician. Because of it's potential for abuse and dependence, doctors tend to order Vicodin rather than Percocet.

I did a little copy paste from wiki answers for the bottom part for more clarity .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 05:34:13 am »
Thanks Jeff.  I was wondering why he didn't prescribe the same thing, but after this explanation, it makes sense.  He called in the prescription.  I'm gonna ask for the Percocet prescription come Monday.  I have to take 2 Vicodins to have the same relief as 1 percocet.

I've always had extra pain meds left after every situation where I needed them as I don't normally need them too often.  This time is the exception.  Kinda sucks that I haven't had so much as a glass of wine since this happened.  You know, that fear thing about mixing.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 10:55:26 am »
I've always had extra pain meds left after every situation where I needed them as I don't normally need them too often.  This time is the exception.  Kinda sucks that I haven't had so much as a glass of wine since this happened.  You know, that fear thing about mixing.

Lets face it , that was a pretty grisly accident you had there buddy . It involves bones , muscle and lots of other joints and tissue ... you are going to need pain management with this injury for a little while at least . Of course its not good to drink wine and take pain meds but if you are taking the pills as prescribed and can quit after one glass of wine its not going to kill you , so a glass of wine before bed is doable . I may get yelled at for telling you this but I do not think its a big deal .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 04:37:02 pm »
Thanks Jeff, I was looking for my first ok. ;D  Have no wine but did find an old beer in the fridge. 

I'm becoming my own recovery advocate.  My leg hurts terribly if I lay in bed like ordered.  My entire leg hurt and I couldn't get comfortable.  Still couldn't bend my knee and was getting pissed.  I started doing little exercises without putting pressure on it.  I can now bend my knee clear to my chest. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 05:52:49 pm »
Thanks Jeff, I was looking for my first ok. ;D  Have no wine but did find an old beer in the fridge. 

Not a problem Wolfie ... I gave the same advice to my good friend Anna Nicole Smith but the bitch didn't even call me back to say thanks and we never spoke again . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
tee hee. ;D
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 12:21:45 am »
Not a problem Wolfie ... I gave the same advice to my good friend Anna Nicole Smith but the bitch didn't even call me back to say thanks and we never spoke again .

Too cute. ;D 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:47 am »

I can now bend my knee clear to my chest. 

I'm having trouble getting that visual out of my head.

Hope you mend well and quickly, Wolfie.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wolfter

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 07:03:30 am »
I'm having trouble getting that visual out of my head.

Hope you mend well and quickly, Wolfie.

Most gay men do this automatically, it's just tougher with a broken leg....:)  I have discovered my new sleeping med, a half glass of beer and it knocked me out solid for hours.  Gonna be my nightly ritual.  Just not at 6:00 pm though. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 04:26:27 pm »
hydrocodone is what, for example, I was given after being zapped by a laser bean in my butthole. But it was oxycodone all the way with foot surgery, though I didn't take it more than two weeks. I took ibuprofen for an entire month.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
My Saturday evening update.  I manged to fix a gianormous amount of my fried rice.  It took 2 days, but I'll be able to eat on it for a solid week. 

Have moved into the living room.  Have a recliner in front of the pc, tv, proximity to the kitchen, and a pee jar. 

Also, a beer or two is ok (IMHO), if it allows you to sleep. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 07:50:41 am »
Today is the big day; I have an appointment with the ortho surgeon to decide the next course of treatment.  I know that I'm over this already and am ready to become active again.

I might have to go buy some sweats as I have only one thing to wear now that it's gotten cold.  I so hate seeing sweats in public, but I guess I'll join the ranks.  Right now, all I can wear is my jogging suit as it has zippered legs.  Wearing a jogging suite while on crutches...priceless.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:41:47 am by wolfter »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:25 am »
Do you smell because you can only take sponge baths? :)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 09:44:16 am »
Do you smell because you can only take sponge baths? :)

Yeah, I solved that one pretty quickly.  Sponging was not working and I figured out how to take a bath while elevating my leg.  Takes a while to perform the task, but it works. 

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »
 Of course its not good to drink wine and take pain meds but if you are taking the pills as prescribed and can quit after one glass of wine its not going to kill you , so a glass of wine before bed is doable . I may get yelled at for telling you this but I do not think its a big deal .   

Crack open the white zin!
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 01:30:36 pm »
Today is the big day; I have an appointment with the ortho surgeon to decide the next course of treatment.  I know that I'm over this already and am ready to become active again.

I might have to go buy some sweats as I have only one thing to wear now that it's gotten cold.  I so hate seeing sweats in public, but I guess I'll join the ranks.  Right now, all I can wear is my jogging suit as it has zippered legs.  Wearing a jogging suite while on crutches...priceless.

Now you know we wanna see photos of you in that velour tracksuit.

Hope everything works out for a rapid recovery.  At least you have lots of distractions to help you cope in the meantime: dolls and booze, so sparkle Neely sparkle!
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 01:57:27 pm »
Speaking of tracksuits, can you picture me in a Sergio Tacchini one wearing huge gold door-knocker earrings and prancing at Tracks in DC circa 1990, high as a kite on two hits of acid?

Anywho, you may want to consider that look Wolfie. :P

Offline wolfter

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 09:09:58 am »
Definitely in more pain today than I have experienced since this happened.  The good news is that it's healing better than the surgeon thought it would.  Without notice, he jerked my entire foot sideways to align the bone.  He casted my leg in this weird contorted position that just won't stop aching.

I'll try to post pictures of my beautiful yellow cast later.  He indicated that I might not need another surgery if it continues healing at the pace it is.  We'll know for definite in 2 more weeks.  That'll be my 4th cast.  I've never heard of replacing them so often.

I would love to have a few of my old velour track suits, they'd be perfect right now.  I have my nylon Nike running suit so I can at least look stylish while laying around in pain.

Surprising, I did have a glass of wine/cranberry juice and it made me sick to my stomach.  Where as a beer works wonders.

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:09 am »
Here in high-class Topeka, lounge/pajama pants are the new casual. They have elastic and drawstrings in the waist. If you can't handle shopping at Walmart, you can usually find them at Target and Kohl's. They have generous crotch and leg room and would be easy to put on over your cast.

Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 11:08:04 pm »
Speaking of tracksuits, can you picture me in a Sergio Tacchini one wearing huge gold door-knocker earrings and prancing at Tracks in DC circa 1990, high as a kite on two hits of acid?

Anywho, you may want to consider that look Wolfie. :P

I opted for the 80's style.  The Don Johnson linen slacks look with a modern twist.  And a couple pair of dreaded sweat pants that I know I will NOT wear in public. :o  All I can do is shop and I'm actually getting bored even with that.   Plus, I've never had tats or piercings and wasn't much around the drug scene growing up in the heart of marijuana country.

I do have a different appreciation for what your sissy ass went through after foot surgery. ;D  I'm less mobile than the different AIDS periods I went through.  This freaking cast hurts worse than the first 2 and I'm absolutely miserable.  2 days and I already know I'll need more oxy's. 

I have managed to hobble a vodka/water to my bedstand where I intend to get a lite buzz and hopefully sleep peacefully. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 07:20:22 am »
Definitely in more pain today than I have experienced since this happened.  The good news is that it's healing better than the surgeon thought it would.  Without notice, he jerked my entire foot sideways to align the bone.  He casted my leg in this weird contorted position that just won't stop aching.

I'll try to post pictures of my beautiful yellow cast later.  He indicated that I might not need another surgery if it continues healing at the pace it is.  We'll know for definite in 2 more weeks.  That'll be my 4th cast.  I've never heard of replacing them so often.

I would love to have a few of my old velour track suits, they'd be perfect right now.  I have my nylon Nike running suit so I can at least look stylish while laying around in pain.

Surprising, I did have a glass of wine/cranberry juice and it made me sick to my stomach.  Where as a beer works wonders.
Did you kick the hell out of him with the other foot?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 09:49:17 am »
I'm less mobile than the different AIDS periods I went through.  This freaking cast hurts worse than the first 2 and I'm absolutely miserable.  2 days and I already know I'll need more oxy's. 

That sucks. Similar thing happened with my second cast. Seemed at a slightly weird angle of foot to ankle that was uncomfy. Yours sounds worse though. Do you think you should call the doctor, especially if you need to get another oxy prescription anyway. Maybe it was put on incorrectly.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 10:39:15 am »
That sucks. Similar thing happened with my second cast. Seemed at a slightly weird angle of foot to ankle that was uncomfy. Yours sounds worse though. Do you think you should call the doctor, especially if you need to get another oxy prescription anyway. Maybe it was put on incorrectly.

He warned me that there'd be a lot of discomfort.  It was either put up with this for a while or have another surgery to pin the other side of the Fibula.  He indicated that within 2 weeks it'll fuse together enough that additional surgery might not be needed.  This cast gets removed a week from Monday and I'll get my next long term cast.

By going this painful route, he expects it'll take about a month off of my total recovery time.  I did notice my nightcap vodka played wonders; I slept all night which is rare for me anyways.  My regular doc gave me a prescription for hydocodone that I'm alternating with the oxy's. 

My waxing lady is taking me shopping this afternoon which also is making the pain easier to deal with.  I have actually gotten tired of online shopping, so doing it live with be great.  Wonder if I can buy just one shoe?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 10:52:52 am »
waxing lady? As in back waxing or floor waxing?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.