Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:19:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 445
Total: 447

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am fucked.  (Read 15085 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
I am fucked.
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:36:40 am »
Great. lol. Great.

So I just found out my university placed me in the all-male residence hall on campus with non-private changing area in the bathroom.

In other words you guys better get all the quality time you can with me now because soon I will be nothing but the memory of a hate crime.

I'm so fucking angry and frightened. I called them up and explained to them that that won't work, and they were like, "Well, it's the only space available." And that's it. That's all they can do.

What do I do? Agh. God.

Offline mjmel

Re: I am fucked.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:41:18 am »
You are def in a pickle.
Ummm...speak out? Never mind. Just reread and you DID speak out.

Mike
(wish it were me!)

Offline Florida69

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:19 am »
I am sorry you having this dilemma, but I have a feeling you will be fine.  It is normal if you live on campus not all residences are coed.  You may have an opportunity to meet other people more intimately and you may even make some wonderful friends, and may even be surprised in who you make friends with. You have a great personality, I have learned that people like you based on who you are not what you identify yourself as.  I mean I would not go and introduce myself to the fellas as being gay, but when it comes out it comes out.  My advice is to be yourself.  If that does not work maybe next year, you may decide that you want to live off campus, there are always options.  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline physicsguy

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:05:56 am »
Admittedly I don't know much of anything about you or where you are, but why do you assume it's going to end badly?

I lived in the dorms as an out guy and was fine - the vast majority of people (obviously variable by location) are not narrow minded bigots waiting to commit a hate crime.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:20 am »
I'm a female-to-male transsexual. Not just gay. :/

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 10:09:41 am »
Mouse, I cannot see how they can legally do this. You're still biologically - and legally - female and they're putting your at risk for rape ... and the rest. I think you need to get a lawyer on this - check with GLBT groups to find one who does pro-bono work. You shouldn't have to put up with this kind of treatment. It's irresponsible on the university's part - and possibly criminal. Good luck, keep us posted.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:43:26 am »
Mouse, I agree with Ann that this is BS.  You need to talk with the housing authority and explain your situation to them, so they can correct this for you.  You are legally declared a female and as such, you need to live in the proper dorm.  I would be asking them if they would put a "traditional" female into a male dorm?  When they replied: "Of course not?", then you retort with, "Well, I am female and you want to put me in a male dorm" and I bet they won't be able to move you fast enough.  Somewhere your sex has been confused with your name maybe, but either way, you must be put in a dorm where you will be safe and secure.

If they try and get really pissy, I find that a comment to the effect of contacting the local media will help them to see the light.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:25 pm »
Whole heartedly agrees with Ann and Killfoile. They are putting you in a pretty fucked up position. And physicsguy thinks not everyone is bigots or whatever, needs to take off the rose colored glasses. There are more bigots out there than he realizes.

I would raise holy hell to someone about this, definitely don't sleep on it. Go to whoever you need to go to. Keep us posted, for sure.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 12:20:06 pm »
I don't think physicsguy knew of the trans detail -- he's new here.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 12:51:00 pm »
 Not much to add because you have some great advice here . Just want to let you know I'm thinking about you . Once you have this is sorted out the next transgendered person may not have it so rough . I'm sorry you are the one having to deal with it in the first place .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 12:55:43 pm »
Mouse, I agree with Ann. There might even be some legal resource available to students on campus. If not I suggest you contact Lambda Legal Services -- the # should be accessible on the web -- explain the situation to them. If they can't help you they should be able to point you in the right direction.

As daunting as this may feel right now, this is a situation that is getting a lot of attention and more respect these days. I know this is going to get worked out.

You've been through tough stuff before this and you're still standing. And you will prevail.

Please keep us tuned on how this evolves.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:25:22 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 12:58:02 pm »
Mouse are you going to be open about your trans gender on campus?
If not, I wouldn't get media involved....of course.
Does the univ know about your transgender?
I think you call call the Dean of Student Affairs and explain the situation. Or the "Ombudsman". The housing office is too low on the totem pole.
Or call the President's Office, and explain to his/her assistant the situation, and demand followup with the appropriate dean.  

Also, depending on your college, and the locale, "hate crimes" may not be on the horizon.  Where i went to uni, transgender was no problem.  Also, why on earth would guys have a problem with you, you flattered the sex by becoming one.   I think guys might have a problem with a male to female transgender.  The ones who werent turned on or curious, of course.  But I don't know so much about the campus climate these days.

Good luck.  Insist on your comfort zone!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:01:41 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 01:04:10 pm »
The reason I suggested starting with the Housing Authority is I assume Mouse does not want to make a big thing of this and it may be easily corrected by talking to the head of that area.  You can always go up the ladder, but if you do, do not be surprised when those you walked over, get testy with you for not letting them do their job.  

Edited to add: Mouse, I believe they may have made a simple mistake and the fair thing is to let them correct it, but if they will not, then you take a stroll over to the Dean's house.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:08:31 pm by killfoile »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 01:12:19 pm »
Try contacting GALLOP (Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia) and see if they can be of any help:

www.galloplaw.org

I'd also try and contact someone at Mazzoni Center since you're already a client there, though they may just give you the number for GALLOP.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 01:51:48 pm »

Also, depending on your college, and the locale, "hate crimes" may not be on the horizon.  Where i went to uni, transgender was no problem.  Also, why on earth would guys have a problem with you, you flattered the sex by becoming one.   I think guys might have a problem with a male to female transgender.  The ones who werent turned on or curious, of course.  But I don't know so much about the campus climate these days.

I am not being insensitive, Mecch -- but there are still plenty of people walking around on this earth currently who would gladly make a real life sequel to the movie "Boys Don't Cry"

And just in case you're not familiar with all the specifics, here's an abridged history lesson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Teena

Good luck, Mouse! Everyone has posted some great starting points that will hopefully assist you in getting this matter sorted out as quickly as possible.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 02:57:23 pm »
Also, why on earth would guys have a problem with you, you flattered the sex by becoming one.
Great. lol. Great.

So I just found out my university placed me in the all-male residence hall on campus with non-private changing area in the bathroom.

[/quote]

Mecch,
assuming Mouse doesn't have male genitals (yet ? ), wouldn't this :  ->non-private changing area in the bathroom <-  ,  be a tad bit uncomfortable for him ?

just thinking
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:58:40 pm by Grasshopper »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »
Also, why on earth would guys have a problem with you, you flattered the sex by becoming one.   

What planet do you live on? I don't think Mouse is looking for compliments, just safety.

Don't panic quite yet little one. I'll bet you they will be able to work this out.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 04:34:07 pm »
I agree with Ann and Philly.  I think you just need to make more noise about it.  Is there any GLTB groups on campus that you can contact and put some pressure on housing?  I can't imagine a university would want to welcome the potential lawsuit involved if something were to happen to your safety.

Good luck

Pete

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 06:07:44 pm »

I can't imagine a university would want to welcome the potential lawsuit involved if something were to happen to your safety.

Thing is, and I know you probably absolutely hate this fact, Mouse, but LEGALLY and biologically, you are still female. Let this fact work in your favour just this once. They cannot force a person who is legally and biologically female to share non-private toilet/shower facilities with males.

PLEASE get legal counsel!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 06:16:04 pm »
Thanks guys. Sorry for flipping earlier. Anxiety disorder compounded by this lol~~.
And the girl I spoke to on the phone really upset me.

Last year I lived in a single in a co-ed building (co-ed as in boys live on one side of the building and girls on the opposite side), but the shower/changing stalls were completely private (a stall door like on a bathroom stall, a small bench for clothes and changing and then a small shower curtain into the shower).

I asked for similar accommodations for this upcoming fall semester, but apparently they ran out of space in both of the co-ed buildings and so, since I am registered as male, they stuck me in the only other available dorm.

What I'm PISSED OFF about is I have been speaking to them about need special accommodations for months now and they should have reserved a space for me. I couldn't afford to send in my deposit for housing until last week, but they managed to reserve a room for me last year and I couldn't give them my deposit until THE DAY I MOVED IN last year, so what the fuck?

And the woman I spoke to on the phone was more or less telling me I was shit out of luck and that I'd just have to "figure something out" when it comes to changing in the bathroom and not having my body seen.

Yeah. That's a great way to control my anxiety. Having to put up with that everyday.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 06:16:31 pm »
I agree with Ann and Philly.  I think you just need to make more noise about it.  Is there any GLTB groups on campus that you can contact and put some pressure on housing?  I can't imagine a university would want to welcome the potential lawsuit involved if something were to happen to your safety.

Good luck

Pete

Yeah. I'm sort of the President of the only LGBT group on campus.
Lol.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 06:20:09 pm »

And the woman I spoke to on the phone was more or less telling me I was shit out of luck and that I'd just have to "figure something out" when it comes to changing in the bathroom and not having my body seen.

No, I'm pretty damn sure that they  are "shit out of luck" - there's no way in hell they can force you to live like that. Once again, you need to get some legal advice. You have rights.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »
No, I'm pretty damn sure that they  are "shit out of luck" - there's no way in hell they can force you to live like that. Once again, you need to get some legal advice. You have rights.

Ann

I don't know what legal advice could do if they are literally out of space in the other buildings.

I think the most I can hope for at this point is getting my security deposit back and moving in with an ex of mine that moved into an apartment off campus this year. I spoke to him about it this afternoon and he's willing to let me stay. If I would have known they were going to stick me in this situation I would have done that in the first place. But I want my $125 back.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 06:47:58 pm »
A lawyer would just issue a threat and let the college official(s) know that they were dealing with this subject in a very official manner.  There's a chance that they would buckle rather open themselves up to a potential large problem down the road.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 08:54:13 pm »

I don't know what legal advice could do if they are literally out of space in the other buildings.

I think the most I can hope for at this point is getting my security deposit back and moving in with an ex of mine that moved into an apartment off campus this year. I spoke to him about it this afternoon and he's willing to let me stay. If I would have known they were going to stick me in this situation I would have done that in the first place. But I want my $125 back.

I would definitely contact a lawyer, quickly.  I was a Resident Assistant back in my undergrad days (don't ask how long ago....).  I promise you that they make last minute reassignments all the time.  You just need to act before everyone arrives on campus.
Plus -- if there are legal ramifications, they WILL figure something out for you.

good luck,

Mike

Offline Jody

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 09:41:29 pm »
Hi Mouse...As Andy points out, try the services of lambda.org or lambdalegal.org

Best off luck to our young friend.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 10:08:12 pm »
Mouse, this is THEIR PROBLEM, do not let them make it yours.  You have a right to privacy and they claim to not have room, because they fucked up.  Hold their feet to the fire and keep asking to speak to the boss in the chain of command.  Surely there are other males who could be moved to make room for one guy.  And get a lawyer or someone to advocate for you, if they will not make the proper accommodations available.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 03:57:05 am »

Yeah. That's a great way to control my anxiety. Having to put up with that everyday.

Yep Mouse, this is bullcrap, you've got to speak to higher ups to find the solution.  Of course be nice to housing authority but just take the issue elsewhere on campus offices, til you get a solution.

To those posters who misunderstood and thought I was suggesting its no big deal to be changing and showering nude.   I WAS NOT, and do not see that is the solution. 

I was suggesting that those posters who immediately assumed hate crimes on campus may be painting the picture blacker than it is.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline carousel

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 05:14:01 am »
When all you want to do is get on with your course, having to deal with all of this must just seem such a hassle.

I agree with the others that you need to take this further and out of the job's worth's who are telling you there are no options.  I really don't believe that there is nothing that can done.

As well the safety, security and well being issues mentioned, it is important that we stand up for our needs.  That way, we question and can win against discrimination.

I understand that you may need legal help, but is there no student advocacy or service that helps students confidentially that could support you in this matter and liaise with the accommodation service?

Offline mjmel

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 05:53:57 am »
At least you have a Plan B to fall back on. Good for you! You are quite the resourceful one.  You didn't rely on others to solve your problem (like that was going to happen) and I suspect such quality in your character is something you'll use time and time again within your unique lifestyle.
Next semester (quarter?) address this need at an earlier date....before all those vacancies are filled.

I do not see this is a case of discrimmination but only an awkward situation at a late date. How could they possibily know your unique situation and how can they do anything if all vacancies are filled at this point in time.

Mike

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 06:26:53 am »
At least you have a Plan B to fall back on. Good for you! You are quite the resourceful one.  You didn't rely on others to solve your problem (like that was going to happen) and I suspect such quality in your character is something you'll use time and time again within your unique lifestyle.
Next semester (quarter?) address this need at an earlier date....before all those vacancies are filled.

I do not see this is a case of discrimmination but only an awkward situation at a late date. How could they possibily know your unique situation and how can they do anything if all vacancies are filled at this point in time.

Mike

Yep, You're right, it's all Jaser's fault. He did address this situation when he applied to college as a freshman. The college knew he was transgendered (because he was honest and told them) and provided appropriate accommodation.

But what the heck, it's just an awkward moment for a kid with a "unique lifestyle."

Better yet, you could use this as a teachable moment for Mouse. You could hang out with a bunch of frat guys, explain to them all about your unique lifestyle and how you dealt with the awkward moment.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:51:27 am by Dachshund »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 08:42:05 am »

Like college is not hard enough as is, hope things work out for you Jaser.  I agree with the others and would seek council concerning the matter.   They can make alterations to the living arrangements, they're just taking a hard stance because they don't want to deal with it.  Maybe you should even try bypassing this woman and speaking to someone with a little more authority on the matter.

Hope things work out.  Damn you sure have grown up!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 09:50:31 am »

I bet they don't have a 100% fill rate for the space in other buildings.  I mean that, in my experiences, not everybody shows up for rooms that have been reserved.  Perhaps they should put you number one on the waiting list... not that you should be kept waiting, but it wouldn't be cool to bump somebody out of the room they 'reserved'.  In the meantime, I'm sure that if you go to them in person, pull your driver's license (or other ID with gender on it) out of a purse, show it, and basically say WTF is up with putting me in the men's dorm, they'd realize their mistake!
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Dennis

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 11:01:57 am »
If you don't get anywhere within the next day or so, email the college president directly. That's exactly what I did with an issue I had at my college. He resolved the problem within a couple of hours. Unfortunately, nowadays, most employees are programmed to follow policy and don't know how to step outside the box to resolve problems. Whenever possible, I bypass the middleman and go straight to the top!

You could always seek legal representation. However, I'm afraid that process would not resolve the issue quick enough, with classes starting in the next few weeks.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 06:48:55 pm »
Sorry Jaser, missed your post (#19) where you explained you applied in plenty of time. Clearly, my thoughts and wording would have been structured differently.
And Hal........you should do something about your nasty, cantankerous attitude.  Only you would take my words and twist them as though I was blaming Jaser. I simply thought he had applied late. Simple mistake on my part since I missed his posting and the details it contained.

Mike

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 08:43:54 pm »
Mouse,

I would seek legal advise and representation.  You gave them enough warning about your situation and they did not recognize that.  It's great that you have somewhere to go off campus if this doesn't work out though! Best of luck to you little bird.

-Swede
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 08:10:49 am »
Sorry Jaser, missed your post (#19) where you explained you applied in plenty of time. Clearly, my thoughts and wording would have been structured differently.
And Hal........you should do something about your nasty, cantankerous attitude.  Only you would take my words and twist them as though I was blaming Jaser. I simply thought he had applied late. Simple mistake on my part since I missed his posting and the details it contained.

Mike

Sorry mikey, I forgot you were such a delicate flower, clearly my thoughts and wording would have been structured differently. Chalk it up to a silly, awkward, unique lifestyle moment.

edited to add I just thought of something:

Mikey you're not still holding a grudge because I had to respectfully decline your offer to be Sam's godmother?

Honey, that was years ago, a big girl would have moved on by now. I tried to be fair. I showed Sam all the applicant's pics (Thunter won) and let him make the choice. Here was his response when he saw your mug. I don't know why Sam has such a nasty, cantankerous attitude. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:59:20 pm by Dachshund »

Offline komnaes

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 08:53:25 am »

Hey Mouse, as many have pointed out, it's literally impossible for them to run "out of space".. make it a big enough deal and if they have to bump someone else, well, just be assured that you need it more than she does.

Good luck!
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Lakis

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 10:08:28 am »
Hi Mouse. I agree with Ann. Why Don't you check all the legal possibilities to make it right?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 09:07:45 pm »
Hi Mouse~

So sorry to hear about this situation.  I agree, that they can make a switch at the last minute.  They would much rather make a switch and put someone else in another dorm, than to risk a legal battle with you.  It was so ignorant what that woman told you over the phone, about trying to be discreet when you changed or something.  Uh HELLO?  Smack her for me. 

Yes, act quickly and tell them they can either make a switch or your attorney is going to call them.  I agree with Ann and everyone else here.  Get some legal help fast, as a back-up plan.  Hopefully it won't come to that.

Best of luck to you with all of this.  I know it will work out for the best.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 02:25:00 pm »
You might want to try here too: http://www.aidslawpa.org/

AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 01:43:23 pm »
Looks like calling twice a day for a week finally got to them, as I just called and they changed my room to the building I was living in last fall.

So  ;D

Offline David_CA

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 01:57:28 pm »
Looks like calling twice a day for a week finally got to them, as I just called and they changed my room to the building I was living in last fall.

So  ;D

Way to go!  I had to do that once with a car tax issue.  By day three, the issue was resolved!  I'm glad it worked out for you.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »

So  ;D

Good to here, and thanks for the up date  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 05:54:21 pm »
Great news, Mouse, I'm glad your persistence paid off. Now go try to enjoy the rest of your summer break!

Ann
xxx

PS - make sure you get the change/new room details in WRITING!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:56:02 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 07:28:14 pm »
That's great news! Your determination was greater than their stupidity and resistance.

Have a great time fixing that room up in the Fall when you get back from the summertime off.
Andy Velez

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 07:34:34 pm »
Now all I have to worry about are some of the fuckwits I go to school with that object to me being roomed in the male side of the building. lol

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 07:45:54 pm »
Now all I have to worry about are some of the fuckwits I go to school with that object to me being roomed in the male side of the building. lol

I wouldn't worry too much about that if were you, at least the biggest problem you faced has been corrected  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.