Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:48:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 388
Total: 388

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: PET RULES  (Read 6364 times)

Offline bluelove

PET RULES
« on: July 07, 2006, 11:09:08 am »
Seeing that everyone here has pets of some kind l thought l would post this.Hope you all have not seen it before.

PET RULES

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.  Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object.  Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed.  I am very sorry about this.  Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.  It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible.  I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom.  If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open.  I must exit through the same door I entered.  Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All  Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain

About Our Pets:

1. They live here.  You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal.  To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college,
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: PET RULES
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 11:22:24 am »
Absolutely funny. Thanks for this, I needed it this morning.
I know this doesn't mean anything to anyone else, but for the very first time, Sweetie came to the bedside in the wee hours this morning, I  put her in the bed with me, and she slept between my legs. My heart swelled with pride that this small act was so very significant to me. She has blossomed into a very sweet little darling, and has finally shown me unadulterated trust.
She had been mistreated by someone at a very young age, and it has taken time to gain her complete trust.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 11:35:07 am »
OMG Lisa, our pets have a secret communication link!   I have had Fang for exactly one year now, and for the first time, she curled up and snuggled with me during the night.   I truly think animals have that 6th sense....she knew I was feeling down and kinda blue, and she was trying to comfort her daddy.

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 11:45:15 am »

Sam asked if he could add a number twelve to your list?

12. If your children have children, your pets can eat your children's children.

My boy is always thinking. Did I mention his photostamps came in the mail?

Hal ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 11:51:01 am »
Check your next phone bill carefully Alan. I think they have been drunk calling each other when we're asleep.
I found teensie little paw prints on the caller ID screen yesterday. :o
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:28:07 pm »
ROFL, this post is so true. I think my two get on the computer too, because I know they have me placed on ignore. :)

Offline Christine

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 01:42:29 pm »
That was so cute! We need a bed larger than a king-size. Two humans, three dogs in bed with us, and one on the floor in his doggy bed...it is  little tight. And I still want a Great Dane!  :D

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 07:29:39 pm »
I loved it..that's definately a keeper....thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 10:09:05 pm »
Loved it!  I actually printed out the rules!  Here is a picture of my Moe, who pretty much sums up your post!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline bluelove

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 10:48:27 am »
Oh my Moe is a pretty cat.And like my cats likes to hog the pillows.

I tell them for someone so small you guys sure take up a lot of room on the bed.

I think they get a laugh out of me sleeping at the edge of the bed.

And they snore too!

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 11:28:12 am »
Hilarious!!!!, and so true!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 08:07:07 pm »
Thanks for the Rules. My 2 Appenzeller dogs claimed that the can't read, but I know this is a lie, after all, they go out cruising in my pickup truck, Waldo steers and shifts, while Elmo does the gas, clutch, and brakes, and the Kitty keeps a lookout for the cops. I would like to add a few of my own. Why pets are better than kids, add that they won't turn into junkies and hock all your stuff for more drugs. Nor will they ship you off to a nursing home the moment you forget their names. Have a great day and thanks again for makling me laugh. Carl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 11:04:22 am »

Allow me to add a #5 to the list...for the benefit of my feline 'companion':
5.  Your clean water bowl and fresh water is maintained for your hydration and drinking.  It is not provided as a play toy for you to spalsh water all over the floor...creating a safety hazard for your owner.  You know better than that.

Oh well...can't help but still love her!

Gary

Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 01:34:43 am »
I have been using the bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not required.

Cute and thanks everyone for posting pics of your fur-babies.  :-* More! More!  :-*  I still don't know why pets follow us to the bathroom. I just laugh - I think mine watch me "you-know-what" because I watched them "you-know-what" (when they were kittens -I had to make sure they understood the protocol ;D)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.