Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:51:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Las Vegas 2010--it actually worked  (Read 14756 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Las Vegas 2010--it actually worked
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:56:15 pm »
Las Vegas?

Overall it was one of the strangest gatherings I've ever been to.  The noise, the distraction, the enormity, but you know what?  Somehow we made it work.

My favorite memories: (in no particular order)

1.  Seeing a 17 year old looking woman sitting on the banquette in the C bar.  Sensing she was part of our group and just bluntly asking:  "Are you hippielady"?  The answer was yes.  What a surprise.

2.  Standing in the airport, surveying the arr. board to see when Will and Thom would be in, and out of the corner of my eye I see a person holding a sign.  I turn to my left and there's Weasel with a sign that said AMG (though technically we weren't AMG).  We hugged and I knew instantly he was a kind and gracious man.

3.  Sitting in the C Bar awaiting Jan's arrival.  Seeing someone enter through the doors (in my defense the glare obscured my view) and then jumping up and running with open arms to a woman who (once I was 5' away realized wasn't Jan) had a complete and total look of terror on her face.  I did the smart thing and just ran past her.

4.  Watching the fool of fours jump from the sky tower.

5.  Meeting Weasel, Hippielady, lforsyth, alliance, and next2u.  (What a wonderful group!)

6.  Reconnecting with friends who I had met before.

7.  The truly moving and touching memorial service that Louavul gave.  The beautiful and tear producing video in memory of Ric. 

8.  The awesome food at Lil Buddah.

My only regret is that it wasn't a little more intimate.  That's why I opened with "strangest gathering".  But then we knew that LV was going to provide a venue with lots of distraction and still I came away with many fond memories.

I know there's more I'm going to want to add, but for now I'll just open it up and see if anyone else has something they want to offer.

RAB

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
Re: Las Vegas 2010--it actually worked
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:13:40 pm »
It not only worked.  I felt like an outsider at first but told myself to knock it off and join in to have fun. "Feeling Godd" by Doctor "David Burns".

RAB, You told me about a guy who stayed in his room.  I didn't want to be that guy. I wanted to enjoy every minute, and I did.

Gladd you liked the Knobb Creek. So did I.

Love, Larry
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:15:03 pm »
That was Feeling Good, by Dr. David Burns.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:10 pm »
3.  Sitting in the C Bar awaiting Jan's arrival.  Seeing someone enter through the doors (in my defense the glare obscured my view) and then jumping up and running with open arms to a woman who (once I was 5' away realized wasn't Jan) had a complete and total look of terror on her face.  I did the smart thing and just ran past her.

LOL! Ok, RABBY-ROO, blame it on the "glare" and not the liguor :) That had to be the most hillarious thing I saw! You failed to mention that the run to the "lady" was like 30 yards and not just a few feet :)

So In addition to what RAB listed Id like to add the following as my favorites...

1) The amazing view of a pool full of hunk-hunks from our patio at Little Buddha

2) The sweet ride in the front seat of a code-3 Ambulance with an angry bull-dyke driving, and the hunky fireman all around us (I can say this now because Thom is just fine)

3) Jen crawling on the floor with an empty glass looking for some more Baileys (thank God we were in a room, lol)

4) RAB and his "Village People Party" Slot Machine :)

5) Laughing our fool heads off in the C Bar for no reason at all (could have been the liquor).

6) Hugging Jan once again and listening to that wonderful accent.

7) Being a part of the most wonderful group of people I've ever met, the love was palpable.

The 2 most surprising moments for me was meeting HippieLady and Alliance, they were nothing how I had them pictured :)

-W

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:12:23 pm »
Oh come on...I don't really look that young! 

My fondest memories was the whole experience.  I instantly felt at ease with everyone there.  lforsyth and I must have made eye contact a handful of times while I sat there and waited, I had no idea what any of you looked like. 

Jan and Jenn, you are both dolls and I love you dearly.

Alliance, I had a blast with you Friday night and if you are ever in the mood to scratch beats with zippers again just let me know and I'm there.  I promise to wear my pashmina.  :D

RAB, you are just the sweetest.  You made me feel very welcome and I love you for that.  Just don't forget to breathe, it does the body good.  ;D

The dinner was awesome on Friday.  I drank too much which wasn't all that much but for me it was.  I wish I could have stayed longer and gotten there earlier.  But I made sure to have the best time in the short time I had there.  I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Katie
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 10:44:54 pm »
the whole thing was great.  But I have nothing to show for it but this lousy sky jump certificate which says none of you can call me a wimp~  :P

All of you with cameras~~  can we post them on flicker of something so we can share?

robert

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 11:05:49 pm »
Dearest Robert...if there's anyone I'd want to be on double restriction with it would be you.  We can hit up all the sweet shoppes together no matter where we are.  ;D
~Katie~

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:55:00 pm »

Gladd you liked the Knobb Creek. So did I.

Love, Larry

Larry

We actually cracked it open on Sunday evening and all had a final toast to this year's gathering.  It was too bad you couldn't have been there.  But believe me it was much appreciated.

LOL! Ok, RABBY-ROO, blame it on the "glare" and not the liquor :) That had to be the most hilarious thing I saw! You failed to mention that the run to the "lady" was like 30 yards and not just a few feet :)

That's exactly why I got confused! IT WAS THE GLARE AND THE DISTANCE! Liquor had nothing to do with it.   ::)

2) The sweet ride in the front seat of a code-3 Ambulance with an angry bull-dyke driving, and the hunky fireman all around us (I can say this now because Thom is just fine)

You guys were total troopers!  Though I'm jealous about the hunky fireman part!   >:(

4) RAB and his "Village People Party" Slot Machine :)

You know I played that thing with the same $10.00 for 4 days.  The final night I finally got down to zero.  The next morning, since I was unexpectedly alone, I put in a second $10.00 and came home with $65.00!  So I actually came out ahead.

The 2 most surprising moments for me was meeting HippieLady and Alliance, they were nothing how I had them pictured :)

-W

I'll second that.   :D

Oh come on...I don't really look that young! 

Katie

Oh yes you do!  Seriously, I couldn't believe it. 

the whole thing was great.  But I have nothing to show for it but this lousy sky jump certificate which says none of you can call me a wimp~  :P

robert

You're right Robert it was great, and we'd never   :-X call you a "wimp", especially after seeing that enormous cut/wound on your leg.  I hear the nurse in the ER nearly fell out of her chair when she saw it.  And you just kept shrugging it off.  You are one tough cookie mister.

RAB 

(Who missed Jen crawling around on the floor--dang it!)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 08:30:31 pm »
Here all my pictures and films of Will and Robert jumping.

Enjoy! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000644790052

I wished I was as brave as them.

Sorry that you'll have to cut and past it instead of clicking on it. I'm a systems analyst and I still marvel at technology (NOT!).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:34:55 pm by lforsyth »

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 08:32:30 pm »
RAB, I didn't see Jenn crawling but I did catch her telling to local girls to stay away from their boy friends from Ireland.  I guess she's lucky they were to drunk to swing at her.

Yeah, those who didn't make it.  We did have a lot of fun.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
Re: Las Vegas 2010--it actually worked - Robert
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 08:40:40 pm »
When I first saw him I thought, What the hell is THAT! Sorry that I should have said something.  Thanks to Will and Garry, Robert got some attention. Robert and I recocnized each other, for some reason, as we lived in S.F. during the 1970's.  We just couldn't place it. We couldn't have had sex as he was into Black Men only then.  Oh Well.  Now you know he's now wimp at any level.

Am I bad for telling that?

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
I was also glad to connect with Nick! We both have a lot in common and I hope we meet up again. It's nice to be among you youngsters (it helps me to stay young) but I had a great time.  RAB, you and I have been positive for about the same time.  There are many of us out there.  How many have access to AIDSMEDS.com

I wish I was there with you all in San Francisco. I was there two years ago at the AID's Memorial.  Remembering all of my friends and Partners that are gone. The Memorial in LV got me to thinking about all of them who are infected or gone. From the 80's, 90's and 00's. I was in the group that the Hepatitus Vaccine was gotten.  The State of California contacted me in Arizona to re-open my blood. I can only guess HIV was here before patient zero.

By the way, one of my favorite films is "ZERO PATIENCE".

Love< and Night, Night: Larry
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:53:51 pm by lforsyth »

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:17 pm »
Katie,

You could cook anything for me and be happy to be around a real family.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 10:16:44 pm »
Oh, I forgot to mention the #1 best memory of Vegas...Sleeping next to RAB on the last night;D

Dont be jealous bitches!

-Dubyah
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:01:36 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:54 pm »
Oh, I forgot to mention the #1 best memory of Vegas...Sleeping next to RAB ;D

Hubba, hubba! Dont be jealous bitches!

-Dubyah

I'm jealous there was spooning going on and I had to sleep alone.  :( 
~Katie~

Offline Cliff

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 04:23:56 am »
Awwww, I'm glad you guys had a fantastic time!  Regardless of where it is (bright lights of Vegas or quietness of a small time), I'm sure it will always work!  It's the people. 

I still can't fathom how you guys did that sky drop thing.....you are all mad!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 08:22:17 pm »
Oh, I forgot to mention the #1 best memory of Vegas...Sleeping next to RAB on the last night;D

Don't be jealous bitches!

-Dubyah

Yes it's true!  Will and I did sleep next to each other.  I'll  just leave it at that.   ::) :P :-
Problem was it was in seperate beds!   >:(

I'm jealous there was spooning going on and I had to sleep alone.  :( 

Oh now wouldn't that have been a Kodak moment?  RAB, Hippielady, and Willywump all snuggled up togethe in one bed?  Spooning?  Yikes!  We'd have never lived that down.  (You don't snore do you?)

I still can't fathom how you guys did that sky drop thing.....you are all mad!

You are so right Cliff, they were stark raving crazy to do it.  Seriously.  It was a commitable event.  I'm just sayin.

RAB 

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 09:11:39 pm »

Oh now wouldn't that have been a Kodak moment?  RAB, Hippielady, and Willywump all snuggled up togethe in one bed?  Spooning?  Yikes!  We'd have never lived that down.  (You don't snore do you?)

RAB 

Oh I would have loved to be in the middle of a RAB Willywump sandwich...spooning of course.  ;)  I don't snore unless I'm sick with congestion.

~Katie~

Offline weasel

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 06:23:13 am »

Loved it all  :-*
                                      Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 11:18:05 am »
  I don't snore

Even if you did snore RAB's teeth grinding would have drowned you out, ZING :)

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »
I've been having a bad time after but hope to make it through to next year.  Your all SICK, but my kind of SICK.

SO, it is New Orleans.  I missed my chance in 1969 to hang out of hotel windows and pick up men.  But my body today would just scare them away.

Offline next2u

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:22 pm »
: )

it was definitely memorable. what happened to the link?

best,
d
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:48 pm »
I hope you all got my links. Getting ready for AID's Walk  on 10/03. Because I've not been active in the gay community I applied to clean up after the event. Glad to make it to 61 and hope to made it to 62.

Nick and all other's, I hope to see you all next year.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:49:46 pm by lforsyth »

Offline weasel

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »

I had a blast !   

Bonnie is a  dear !  the David's are  cute   :P

Lforsyth is very  handsome man   :P

Hippee lady is a  sweet little girl !

The more I looked at  Rocky  the  more Rocky got .................... :o

Moving on .......................................

If any of the  People that attended  let me know !

I got great  pictures !

My Facebook  is open .

My only request is that you leave a comment !

Not a Secret comment but a real  live   People see comment  :)

I am NOT  in the closet  ;)

Weasel

P.S.   People from Kentucky can P.M. me   for some photos VIA  E-mail 
             If that works for yous

P.P.S.   Can't wait for next years  group in    NASHVILLE !
             I'll   bring BOB  with me  :)

" Live and let Live "

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 11:10:58 am »
Good to read you guys had such a good time

xx hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.