Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:55:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773197
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cry and then cry and cry and cry  (Read 7009 times)

Offline lylanova

cry and then cry and cry and cry
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:55:17 pm »
 Hi ya ladies!
... it's a while I don't come here to the forum...
Since I was diagnosed a lot of emotions, feelings and things have changed...
At the beginning I was calm, and reasonable... I trusted on doctors, and though I would have had a normal life, except for the daily pills and the three months labs...
Now... it's starting to be a little bit hard...
Maybe I spent the first months just thinking about the others (my fiancé - who was the first to discover to have HIV between us, and that has passed it to me, trying to reassure him that nothing could have changed; my family... etc..)... now that everyone seems to be quite "calm" around me... I'm so depressed, and cry for anything... and sometime I also think to say goodbye to everything and move alone somewhere without leaving any sign... just desappear...
It's hard to lie about my conditions, it's hard to be different from the others, it's impossible to think that everything is like it was before, because it's not.
I know I won't die... or at least not now (hopefully) and not just because I am positive... but... life seems so different now.
Everything is so big and heavy now... everything is so hard and heavy  to do. I start to cry and sometimes even cannot breathe... I start to cry even without knowing why I am crying sometimes... and sometimes i feel like if something is treading on me.
I really would like to have a friend here where I live, but noone of my friends know about my conditions and they are all living so far. I've met two wonderful people herein the forum.. and it's a good think to share my emotions with them, and see that they're happy that they go on with their lives... but I feel so... empty now... there's nothing that makes me happy. Nothing. I also started to doubt about my love, lately. Next year we should marry... but now I just would like to run away far from all this. I just would like to switch off my mind.
I cannot recognize myself like this... where I am now? Who's this person???
Why I find it so hard to stay in the office? Why it's so hard to talk to other people, having the daily usually relationships? Once I was a perfect public relator!

I just would like to stop. Stop everything. Desappear.

Lyla
"And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am "
Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

Diagnosed 02/2010- prob. seroconversion Feb 2007
02/2010 CD4 416 (16%) VL 52.416
03/2010 CD4 362 (16%) VL 102.530
04/2010 CD4 425 (17%) VL 91.245 started Kaletra+Truvada
05/2010 CD4 547 (17.5%) VL 883
07/2010 CD4 335 (18%)    VL 35
09/2010 CD4 646 (??%) VL undetactable !!! yesss

Offline emeraldize

Re: cry and then cry and cry and cry
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 12:13:12 am »
Hi Lyla,

I'm sorry you're feeling down or depressed, but if I've read your previous posts correctly, it's only been four months since your diagnosis.

That's not a lot of time to make all of the adjustments to a life-changing event.

Give yourself time and make sure to talk with your doctor to see if you need a medication to address depression and/or anxiety.

Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:24:17 am »
Lyla, what you're going through is perfectly normal.  It's normal to sort of mourn, like you're doing.  You know, mourn what we think would have been a "normal" life, etc.   I wouldn't make any big changes right now; wait until you get through this period in your life.  If it gets too unbearable, please seek professional help (a counselor). 

What I can tell you is this:  I've been through exactly the same emotions you're going through, and it does get better.  You have to give yourself time, and tell yourself that what you're going through is something we've all gone through.  And tell yourself also, that things will be alright.  You just need to get through this, and the way you're dealing with it, (crying), is perfectly normal.  Good luck, and please feel free to vent; we're here.
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline lylanova

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 03:46:50 pm »
Thanks Em, thanks Betty...

I am so nervous right now... I feel like if I am putting everything in the dustbin. And the thing is that I want to put everything in the dustbin.

I can find comfort only in dreaming... my actual life doesn't have anything I would like to have.
And these thought are horrible for me.

What about my fiance? I still feel to love him, but if it's still love... why I only would like to desappear, leave him alone... move away.
I'm even starting to hide things to him... and starting dreaming about another man, a man that exists only in my dreams...

I've just started with the psycologist... but... it has no sense at the moment.

I would like to fly away from all this sh*t.

Thanks for understanding and caring.

Lyla
Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 08:54:23 pm »
Thanks Em, thanks Betty...

I am so nervous right now... I feel like if I am putting everything in the dustbin. And the thing is that I want to put everything in the dustbin.

I can find comfort only in dreaming... my actual life doesn't have anything I would like to have.
And these thought are horrible for me.

What about my fiance? I still feel to love him, but if it's still love... why I only would like to desappear, leave him alone... move away.
I'm even starting to hide things to him... and starting dreaming about another man, a man that exists only in my dreams...

I've just started with the psycologist... but... it has no sense at the moment.

I would like to fly away from all this sh*t.

Thanks for understanding and caring.

Lyla

Hi Lyla

Glad to read that you're seeing someone. Everything you're describing makes sense to me. And, I'll bet it's making sense to the psychologist, too.

Getting a diagnosis of HIV is traumatic and you've got to take time to sort things out. Understandably, you've got to sort things out for yourself, not as a partner, or engaged person, but as a separate person.

So it probably feels as if you need to feel even more separate, sort of shutting out all other noise or demands.

Follow your instincts on some things. You'll be okay.

Em

Offline debsd222

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:47:31 pm »
Lyla, I;ve been aware of my diagnosis for about 18 months and I've got to tell you there are just alot of ups and downs. I'll feel really positive and ok with everything for a bit, then do like you are, just cry and cry at the drop of a hat. Seeing my numbers improve has helped alot, but some days Im just in the pits. I think its normal. I also found that once I was able to tell a few select people it helped SO much. Keeping that secret can make you feel really awful. I have a women's support group here where I live and I thought I wasn't a "support group" person, but it turns out to have been a great source of support and understanding for me. It really does get better.   Deborah
April 08 3 month bout w/ shingles, ongoing nerve pain
Dec 08 pos  cd4 200 %8  VL 18,000
Feb 09 started sustiva, truvada -allergic to sustiva, hospital 4 days.
March 09 started truvada, reyataz and norvir
March 09  cd4 279  % 12 VL 10,000
April 09 cd4 327  %12  VL 300
Aug 09 cd4 392  %16  Vl undetectable
Dec 09 hospital pneumonia 6 days
Dec 09 cd4 462  %20  VL undetectable
Mar 10 cd4 629 27% VL undetectable
July 9, 2010 cd4 505  21% VL undetectable
Oct 2010 cd4 689  22%  VL 64
Nov 2010  cd4689  22%  VL  UD
May 2013 cd4 759. 29%. VL. UD

Offline lylanova

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:05:08 am »
Sorry if I haven't been there for a while...
I just want to thank Emerladize and Deb for their support. It is a great help ladies!
Now it' a little bit better, bnut I know tears aren't so far...
I try to go on on the better way... trying to be happy for what I have...
I know I will fall again, but also know I will be able to restart...
We're such strong women, aren't we?

A big hug
Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 08:20:40 am »
Hey Lyla,

It's good to know how you're doing.

And, it does come in little bits which turn into bigger bits and they all eventually become bricks.

You'll use the bricks to create a path for yourself.

Then, someday, you might read a post or hear a friend tell a story and you will draw on your experience to put that person at ease.

Em

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.