Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:12:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: need some educational help from you all, pls pls pls pls pls  (Read 3152 times)

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
need some educational help from you all, pls pls pls pls pls
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:27:18 pm »
as i hae said in a previous message, i am setting up a educational tour in schools from 2007.
one of the subjects is living with HIV and finding out we ae positive.
i was hoping some of you wanted to right me out how this has changed their lives and that from the ones around them.
how you felt when finding out.
basicly your story.

xxxxxxx
thanks
angel
To live would be a awefully big adventure

Offline Eldon

Re: need some educational help from you all, pls pls pls pls pls
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:44:17 pm »
Hello Angel, this is Eldon.

You are definitely on the right track. Gather all of your facts and data then prepare to make your presentation. I wish you the BEST in all of your endeavors.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06:52 pm »
In a previous message, I explained that I am setting up an educational tour in schools for 2007. One of the subjects is "Living with HIV and Finding Out We are Positive."

I am hoping some of you will write to me to let me know how having HIV changed your life and affected those close to you. I am also interested in knowing how you felt when you found out you were positive. Basically, I am interested in your story.

If you like, you may send it in a PM or create a posting. Thank you so much. This will hep me to make a much more interesting and educational presentation.

xxxxxxx
thanks
angel

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:27 pm »
Angel,

I would love to share my story with you. I have mentioned experiences I have gone through in past posts. This site to me has become my own personal therapy and as far as what you are doing for the kids at schools is great, I wish I had the courage to do it, but I have to remember to take the baby steps first. You'll understand as I continue on.

I never knew anyone that found out they were poz and take it stride, and neither did I. I got infected by an ex when I lived in Miami but found out through a co-worker that my ex was poz when he went to jail and they test you for it. I did ask him about it when he got out and he admitted it was true. I was even willing to stay with him but life does have a sense of humor and she should it to me. He left me for a crackhead. From that point on I got tested regularly, then while doing a routine bloodwork, it surfaced, 5 yrs later.

I did like most of us do, broke down and cried. Asked why me, what did I do to deserve this,etc. After I called myself picking up the pieces and trying to deal with it, I had to decide who I was going to share this with. I thought the family should know, boy was that ever a wrong decision. I told 2 of my sisters and they decided to go on a crusade and disclose my status to everyone. I chalked that up to bad judgement and told myself that everyone can't be like my sisters....WRONG AGAIN! I had confided in 2 friends and the minute we disagreed on something, they were only too willing to tell. So now those experiences has left me with trust issues when it comes to disclosure.

Being infected has certainly changed my perception on things. I use to think of being infected as a death sentence, but with the way the world is today, anything can take you out. But I have also learned to appreciate the beauty of life. I take things one day at a time and count my blessings because my life could've turned out much worse. As far as a love life and romance goes, that has come to a screeching holt. Because of the disclosure issues, I feel I can't be with a neg. I have yet to find any that doesn't go off the deep end or make ignorant statements about the virus. I know I'm not the only poz person in my town but with what I have gone through, I really don't make the effort to meet people. In some ways I think I have turned into a recluse.

I hope this was helpful to you as it was for me. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Queen Akasha
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:38:38 pm »
Hi Queen,

many thanks for giving me this real and honest text,
you decribed the most perfect way in what i have been trying to explain to them,
only way these days you can make those children understand is to make them feel. to late for educating them.
and you are right, this site does work as therapy, it's great having a extended family .
one aspect i think you are wrong, you havent turned into a recluse, you just became very carefull, like we all have,

xxxxxx
all the best and talk to you soon,

Angel

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.