Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 387
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ZEPH, SHANE AND LISA  (Read 8621 times)

Offline Sdgirl

ZEPH, SHANE AND LISA
« on: July 01, 2006, 08:04:49 pm »
 Here we all are with the mighty Zeph!  Our first meeting that has been memorialized on film!  We look mighty happy....that is because WE ARE!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:34:49 pm by Sdgirl »
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline Sdgirl

Re: ZEPH, SHANE AND LISA
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 09:13:08 pm »
[size=16HERE'S ANOTHER PHOTO FOR YOU!!pt][/size]

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »
What very happy people in those photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 11:45:33 pm »
Looks fun guys! Thanks for the pics!
Positive since 1985

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 11:52:05 pm »
:) cool people smiling makes me smile back.

:D
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 12:16:43 am »
Yep!

;D

RAB

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 03:10:08 am »
You all look wonderful..thank you for sharing with us Lisa.

I love it when families get together... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 05:36:57 am »
Hey, I want a margarita too!

(looks fun guys!  hope you're all having a good time)

John

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 06:58:45 am »
 :)

Thanks for sharing. Glad to see everyone with big  ;D 's on their faces !!!

The Best----Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 01:28:49 pm »
It's nice to see you enjoying each other's company.  No!  Not like that!  Get your minds outta the gutter.. sheesh.  >:(

;)

Hugs,
Phil
Member since March 2004

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 02:48:20 pm »
To My Forum Family!

There is something so MAGIC about meeting special folks in person from Aidsmeds...it's a spark and zing like nothing I've ever experienced before, and with Shane's and Lisa's arrival (and departure, boo hoo...), I've lived this amazing sensation now on six different occasions in the past 6 months........Trish, Robert (Redbluff), Minh, and Paul.

I've got to tell you, my heart is full of joy today as I type this! Lisa and Shane and I tried to pack as much sharing into a (too) short 19 hours as we could...and, although I felt like there were so many favorite places I wanted to take them to, we did exactly what was needed by all of us: to share each other's company, to talk talk talk, to enjoy a couple of meals (and cocktails), exchange stories about our lives and our work, to express those concerns relative to our positive HIV status (as only our 'family' can do...) and revel in the absolute wonder at having been brought together by this site.

What is most impressive to me about Shane and Lisa is this: despite recent HIV+ diagnosis, they sought support and found us here on Aidsmeds, jumped right in to the Forums, reached out to form relationships, and jumped on planes to make a personal connection!! The word courageous just doesn't seem to explain how powerful an event this is for them....or for me.

We hated it that the clock was ticking too quickly toward the end of our visit, but we agreed it would not be our last. (Shane and I begged Lisa to come to Montreal, but understand that her work schedule restricts at this time...)
What I know for sure is that each of them lit up this sleepy town of mine with their bright spirits and their laughter.

I'm listening to Josh Groban right now (thank you, Minh), and I'd like to dedicate these lyrics to my special '6', as well as to each and EVERYONE of you who have touched my life these past 10 months:

"When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary,
When troubles come and my heart is burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit a while with me

YOU RAISE ME UP, SO I CAN STAND ON MOUNTAINS
YOU RAISE ME UP, TO WALK ON STORMY SEAS
I AM STRONG, WHEN I AM ON YOUR SHOULDERS
YOU RAISE ME UP...TO BE MORE THAN I CAN BE."

"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 02:52:40 pm »
Oh! I almost forgot!!

With love,

Zephyr

"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 06:44:05 pm »
I really enjoyed those pictures!  ;D You are always eating  :P And I missed my lunch today in the plane: 3 hours delay and no time to eat during the flight.
By the way, how on earth do you post pictures in this forum?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 06:48:14 pm by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 11:46:48 pm »
Shane,  Zephy tells me we have much in common... I see we do... I have that same Mickey shirt... ;D
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 11:50:34 pm »
That's too funny, Danny.  Another item I have noticed is, while I don't have the talent to participate, I am a HUGE fan of Broadway and musicals.  Yep, a big ole showtunes queen.  What can I say?  hehe   :D

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline terpie82

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 08:20:28 am »
I'm so glad that you guys (SD & Shane) had the same opportunity to meet the impressive, wonderful, and wise Zeph as I did. From the looks of it, you guys bonded immediately, and I hope you two will be there in Montreal in 6 weeks (my gosh, has time gone by that fast?). Hmm, do I foresee a potential connection??? hehe
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%
Three-month treatment interruption for NIH study and back on Stribild 1/8/16

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 11:02:52 am »
Hi Lisa

How wonderful that you three made such a great connection. Good on ya for making the journey to meet Zeph, isn't she magnificent. She and I and Minh met recently as well while Zeph and I were at NIH. It was so cool to be with other family members !!! I'll be meeting "Fearless" in a few weeks when I go up to Sydney to participate in a study up there. I find the connections that we are able to make through AM so rewarding and heartwarming. !!!!
Thanks for the thread and the great photos.

Paul

Offline Teresa

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 11:08:54 am »
Its so neat that you guys got to meet. Thanks for the pics...looks like ya'll had a great time!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 01:38:30 pm »
Thank you for the beautiful photos! So happy to hear that you had a wonderful time together!

Hope to be able to meet you all one day!

Hugs, Eirin

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.