Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:22:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 112
Total: 114

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Vaginal Fluid on Penis  (Read 27112 times)

Offline reallyscaredhelp

Vaginal Fluid on Penis
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:11:15 pm »

I was hooking up with a girl and I had a condom with me. at one point she got ontop of me and we were making out before I put the condom on. I guess she was really getting turned on and my boxers came off but her very loose lacy panties were on. She grabbed my penis and rubbed it against the front of her vagina softly.which was wet  at the time. There was no penetration, i Did not feel the penis going inside but there was wetness on the top of my penis from her actions but no actual insertion of the penish into the vagina..just touching of it on the outside. After that she gave me a blow job, I put the condom on and we had sex. I am just worried that the vaginal fluid that she had that came ontop of my penis head may have entered my urethra and exposed me to possibly HIV because my penis head had relative moistness and liquid on it?  and when i put the condom on after it may have soaked the vaginal fluid into my urethra. I am just so worried and I need help ASAP!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Vaginal Fluid on Penis
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 01:23:59 pm »
What you have described is frottage. In no way is it considered a risk for HIV. Other infections, from herpes to chlamydia to HPV can be spread that way, but HIV requires specific environmental circumstances to infect. HIV can only remain viable inside the body.

As long as you are using a condom for penetrative sex, you will be protected from HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »
Really,

Stop worrying. What you did is called frottage (rubbing genitals together with no penetration) is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv is outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Just in case you're wondering, getting a blowjob is also not a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

You did the right thing and used condoms for intercourse.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER A BLOWJOB, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline reallyscaredhelp

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:39:13 pm »

Ann,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you said. I am going to get a routine check up tomorrow. It is the first time I have ever done this. Wish me luck!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 01:45:42 pm »
Really,

You're welcome and good luck. If you've been using condoms consistently, you should not have any problems.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline reallyscaredhelp

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:02:44 pm »

Anxiety Number 2.

I am really sorry for this but I guess I need comfort or reassurance, but there is more to my anxiety that I did not mention earlier.

Now this is going to sound a little crazy, but 9 years ago, when I was in high school, these guys played a prank on me and poked me with a sharp pen on the back of my leg. This happened in August 2001. and to this day I have never forgotten that day. I immediately felt the pain when it occurred and checked my leg when i got home but i didnt find any cut or skin breakage but still it hurt so bad when it happened. then till this day i have never forgotten what happened. i am guessing that because it happened 9 years ago and by now if i had something it would show up because i have not been on any HIV meds
Anxiety Number 3:

I finally got the strength to tackle my fears about HIV and I went and got tested today. It was the most scariest and frightening thing i had ever done. They had to take my blood pressure three times! because it was soo high. I get the results on Wednesday and I am so nervous.
what if it comes back positive what will i do? I have also heard that you can get a false positive too..how will this change my life? My mom my parents my friends? I am in graduate school and I am doing my masters degree in Mathematics. I really cant deal with this. I almost dont even want to know what the results are..it will be devastating. I have not been sexually promiscuous. I lost my virginity this summer to that one girl i described in anxiety number 1.... i know...i know....but i have done stuff with other girls which include making out and recieving oral but never giving,,but ive done all those other stuff with other girls.

I am just terrified..its horrible. I am praying and wishing it comes back negative. it will be a second chance at life..but if it comes back positive..well..i dont know..all i have is God i  guess. I am healthy. 24 year old, 172 pounds. i work out frequently,,and have good health i just have these issues..please help me..these next few days will be total and utter hell.

Offline reallyscaredhelp

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 06:04:19 pm »
so i am thinking..9 years..if something happened it would have come up by then..esp since i was on no meds..and what i described earlier you said was frottage, and i put the condom on before i went in her..so my chances of a negative result are looking good,,but there is always the what if..i am so scared for wednesday...

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
After you collect your negative result, I sincerely hope that you find a counselor to discuss this irrational fear. It has held you in it's grip far too long.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 07:00:23 pm »
really,

You've been fretting for nine years because someone poked you with a pen? Hiv isn't transmitted from pens. Do yourself a favour and study our Transmission lesson linked to in the Welcome thread.

As JK suggests, when you collect your negative result, go get yourself some counselling. We cannot help you with your irrational fears in this setting.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline reallyscaredhelp

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 03:07:05 am »

once again, thank you all..when this is all over and done with (God willing the best comes out of the results) I am going to have to help myself deal with my issues with anxiety. It has been eating at me for almost a decade..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 07:43:17 am »
Based on what youreported you are certainly going to test negative.

As Ann has suggested, get yourself some professional help. What a waste of life and energy to have spent nearly a decade of your life worrying secretly without any basis in HIV science for your concern. I daresay there maybe other issues connected with it which your talking with a therapist or other professional would free you up to have a happier life.

HIV for sure is not your issue and as long as you consistently use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected sexually.
Andy Velez

Offline reallyscaredhelp

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 02:07:37 pm »

Thank you Andy.. you are right. My results come out on wednesday and everything I have mentioned on this forum is the truth and I do have alot of anxiety issues. years of secret worrying is nothing I will ever want to go through again. I will let you all know how everything turns out. God Bless you all for your kindness and patience.

Offline reallyscaredhelp

Test Results
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 11:04:10 am »

They medical center called me yesterday with the results, however I was so scared of picking up the phone. The message left on the phone was as follows 

"good morning (my name) this is (the name of the medical center) and we are calling to let you know that your test results are in. Please stop by or call for an appointment at (left their number) thank you bye"

I am worried because before my blood was drawn the administrative lady told me that if the test was negative they would say please stop by to pick up your results. She said that if it was positive generally they will let the patient know that their results are in and that they must make an appointment to meet with the physician or something like that to go over the result. I guess the voicemail left was a combination of both, however my tension would greatly be reduced if it did not mention the "appointment part" i am so scared and much to terrified to go in and  get the results....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 11:54:49 am »
really,

Get a grip and grow a set. If they wanted you to see a doctor, they wouldn't have said "please stop by". They would have only told you to call and make an appointment.

Go collect your negative result.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline reallyscaredhelp

Unprotected Exposure
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »
Last night I did something really stupid. I met one of my students at a bar and we ended up going back to her dorm room. We started making out and then she got on top of me. I pulled my pants down. and then we started dry humping. Somehow she managed to pull her panties to the side (while it was on her) and put my penis in her vagina. I wasn't too sure what was going on and within a minute I came in her and I pulled out. The entire incident did not last very long. The dry humping maybe 3 minutes and the insertion (that happened so quick) I would say 50 seconds or so.

I have been freaking out since mainly because one this is a student of mine (even though we are a year apart) and what are my chances now of getting HIV or an STD. I am circumcised and all that and I spoke to her and she told me she is clean and had been tested before. Either way I have managed to convince her to go and get tested on Monday and she told me she will show me her results.

I will eventually get tested I think its 6 weeks after the incident then another 6 for confirmation but while I am waiting can I trust on her results. For key note she did tell me it had been months before she last had sex. I am so nervous I really dont want my life to end over such a stupid decision. Can anyone please help me out here? and this is basically what happened.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 05:35:35 pm »
First of all I have merged your threads here. Please follow our rule in the future and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

Yes, you did have risky sex. You can if want to get tested at 6 weeks. A negative result at that point would be a strong indication that you will continue to test negative at 3 months.

HIV is a fragile virus to transmit. You had a single and apparently brief exposure. It is also significantly harder to transmit from female to male than the other way around. So the odds are significantly in your favor that you are going to test negative.

I also want to tell you that using the term "clean" when referring to HIV status is very offensive here. HIV is not about being clean or dirty. It's about being positive or negative for a virus. Please remember that in the future.

Good luck with your tests. I think it's likely you will come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline reallyscaredhelp

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 05:42:15 pm »

i'm really sorry I did not mean to be offensive in my use of words and i will certainly take that into consideration in the future. She is getting a full STD check next week. If she comes out negative in all of them does that mean I don't have much to worry about before my test 6 weeks from today?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 09:18:16 am »
really,

You cannot go by someone else's results. You need to test to find out YOUR OWN status.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.