Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:03:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 342
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please assist...  (Read 4108 times)

Offline PumpkinCrunch

Please assist...
« on: May 16, 2007, 08:37:12 pm »
Hello everyone,
I have a really wierd scenario. I met a guy at a local laundrymat by my college. He seemed to be a relatively mild-mannered honest guy.
Well after associating with him about 2 months. He slowly gained my trust. I wasn't interested in actually "dating" or having intercourse with him. The reason being was because something was not right with him. I could never bring myself to "sleep" with him. So I chose an alternative route - Masturbating him off. I am so (insanely) conscious when it comes to sex related stuff that after the procedure was done I immediately got up to wash my hands. He orgasmed but it didn't have time to really cover my hand (a small amount touched the fingertips). My concern is after I did that and cleaned my hand and his area with a wet towel is if he could have infected me with HIV.  He later rolled over and I was laying pointing away from him. I recall him reaching over me and touching my vagina.  I am  relatively sure his hand was not "saturated" persay but I am unsure if this is a cause for alarm. I have read that air dries up the virus making it non contagious. Does anyone know if the few minutes it took me to wash my hands could have deactivated the virus when he groped my vagina? Also I would like to add that I have not been ill or anything and the reason I freaked out was because I found his info plastered over a "dont date him site". The lady that wrote it said he had been hiding his status for almost 2 1/2 to 3 years. When I confronted him after a few months he still denied it. This was a wierd situation because I also found a bill from the hospital in reference to "Urethritis".  (I disappeared a few months and he called me out of the blue). After the call was when I found the website with his info on it. 

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Please assist...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 08:49:26 pm »
You have absolutely nothing to worry about, please read the lesson here on how HIV is transmitted.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bremen

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 09:04:15 pm »
I am a woman that reconnected with a former contact I had had a few years before after I got my diagnosis. Of course I insisted on protection after we stayed in touch and he tested negative. That is considered safe for him. Later I found out he has geniatal herpes and has known for twenty years. He gave me HPV the first time I was involved with him. He never tells people about his herpes because he is afraid of th e stigma and can't deal with it. He most likely has infected many women over the years he has known and never told anyone.  I have him listed on don't date sites now as well. Most men that are listed on those sites are there for a reason. There may be a few scorned lovers just out to make trouble but I would think the number of t hem is probably few.  I must now be tested every six months to see if I have developed cervical cancer as well from th e HPV he gave me.

Washing your hands probably took risk away from you, esp. if you had no open exposed wounds on your hands. As for his hand, all you can do is be tested.  I was positive for ten years before I got sick enough to be diagnosed. You can ask the testing center or the doctor but my doctor has told me that the virus does need to be in the fluid of a living host to remain alive. IT was said to die after it is released in some way. Cleaning spills and using protection are important but I would not consider it a time to panic unless you are tested and may unfortunately test positive. Even then it may not have been him.  I am not one to "sleep around" yet I became positive most likely by trusting the one wrong man the wrong time.  I will never know for sure who or if that is how I became infected. It is just something I have to deal with now. Just get tested the proper number of times since I have been told that it takes some time for the virus to show itself. And use protection in the future. There are many jerks like the one I dealt with and also cheated me out of money so I have also been involved in court dealings with him. He either has or will be served with order of execution papers on the largest lien I have against him which he has made no effort to contact me at all or pay at all.

It is most likely not the time to panic yet. Just be tested for your own peace of mind if you choose to do so, use protection and relax as much as possible. Hopefully you are negative. But even if the worst would be to happen, there is life after being diagnosed. We can have jobs, relationships and everything!  I wish you well.

Offline PumpkinCrunch

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 09:15:15 pm »
 :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:36:22 pm by PumpkinCrunch »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 09:54:30 pm »
Bremen, however well intentioned you were in responding, only certain authorized people are to respond to questions in this section.

In this case you are unduly encouraging her to be alarmed when in fact she was not at risk for transmission in this incident. HIV is absolutely not transmitted in the manner she is concerned about.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:58 pm »
Pumpkin, you absolutely were not at risk for transmission in this incident you are concerned about. HIV is a fragile virus. It is not transmitted via masturbatory scenarios. Well it is possible but only in therory. In the real world of HIV it just doesn't happen that way and we would certainly have known long before today if it could be accomplished by any of the various actions related to masturbation.

Please read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. Essentially the risks sexually are through either unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. Period.

You don't need to test in relation to this incident unless you need the inevitable negative test result to put the issue to rest for yourself.

This is not an HIV situation.Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:05:24 pm »
I would not consider it a time to panic unless you are tested and may unfortunately test positive.

Bremen

This is not accepted as good advise....Pumpkin does not need to test because she has not been put at risk.

Pumpkin

Please do not start to stress over this, you have NOT been put at risk so no testing is necessary.

Jan
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:31:29 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline polenta

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 10:22:12 pm »
hello pumpkin, It's great that you are asking honest questions about your sexual experiences. I work in the field and have counesled over a thousand men and women concerned about their HIV risk. I have never delivered a positive test result to someone who described a sexual situation comparable to the incident you describe. HIV tends to prefer internal soft tissue. Hope you find some comfort in the support  from folks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 10:39:28 pm »
polenta, please do not post in any other's threads. If you have questions and concerns please start your own thread. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.