Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 04:12:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 192
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Roll Call / Hotel Update  (Read 9022 times)

Offline AMG Coordinator

Roll Call / Hotel Update
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:52:10 pm »
Hello family,

Firth, the hotel still has not entered our group into the system.  Please see below for further details.

Second, and this is very important...I need everyone who plans on booking a room for this year AMG to please post your intentions do so below.  I have blocked 25 rooms this year.  I need to know if I need to adjust/lower this room block to prevent from incurring any penalties.  Please keep in mind if I have to decrease the number of rooms this may affect our room rate.

Good afternoon Dennis,

Please see the message below regarding your group.  The group is now definite and the information is being loaded into the reservation system at the Fiesta Americana Reforma.  As soon as this is ready, the hotel will be advise you and me. They hope to have this all loaded by Monday, latest Tuesday so your participants can make their reservations.

Have a great weekend.  Jeanne Crane

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 2:57 PM

To: Crane Jeanne; Asistente A y B FARF

Subject: Update ** DENNIS BURNHAM GROUP FARF

Importance: High

Hello Jeanne we have an update on the reservation process for the group.

Adriana has confirmed that the group is currently Definite in tiempo cero.

The information on the room reservations has been sent internally to the reservations central and Adriana has been informed that the information will be loaded in the system, but this takes 48 business hours so the guests will be able to start making their reservations on Monday or Tuesday.

Once this information has been fully loaded and ready we will be informed.

Thank you and regards

> Rocio Terres

> International Sales Desk Account Executive

> North America Meetings & Incentives

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 12:23 PM
To: Crane Jeanne
Subject: FW: Signed contract ** DENNIS BURNHAM GROUP FARF
Importance: High

What is the hold up.  I checked last evening and our group is still not set up.  My group is rapidly becoming aggrivated at the slow response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: jeanne.crane@posadas.com
Subject: RE: Signed contract ** DENNIS BURNHAM GROUP FARF
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:13:24 +0000

Can my group begin making reservations?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RE: Signed contract ** DENNIS BURNHAM GROUP FARF
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 14:23:44 -0500
To: dburnham71@hotmail.com
CC: rocio.terres@posadas.com

Good afternoon Dennis,

I have just returned to my office and see that we did receive the signed contract. Thank you so much.  We will have this in the system by Thursday so your folks can start making reservations.

Once you get to a fax machine, please send the copy of the credit card information as the hotel still requires this for their files.

Thank you so much Dennis for your patience.  I look forward to working with you and your group.  Jeanne

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Re: Roll Call / Hotel Update
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:14:14 pm »
Mini and I are coming, but we aren't staying the entire time.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:17 pm »
Thom and I have booked air fare tickets and ground transportation on both ends before the rates go even higher.  We are happy campers, but a bit ticked at the hotel's lack of response.  Are they pulling our short hairs?  I have few left.  We feel that they need to make a few concessions:  free bell service and a reduced daily maid service.  We are pissed at this hotel, big time.  What is their f---ing problem?

Dennis, you have done a fantastic job, as usual.  But these folks seem to have been a major challenge for even you.  We hope the the hotel GM will be available to kiss some major butt when our group arrives.

Hugs to all, R&T

PS - Arriving on Wed, 8/13.  Departing on Tue, 8/19.

(Modified to add dates.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 07:29:29 pm by Ric Wilke »

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 12:25:46 am »
Hi Dennis.

Mark me down as being there and 1 room.  Coming in on Thurs and out Sunday, 4 nights.

robert

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:17:21 am »
1 dbl room for 6 days (Aug.12-18)
2 people

Mike (mjmel)
David (philly267)

Offline Jody

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 02:09:27 pm »
I am going Wed. Aug. 13 - Wed. Aug. 20 and I will order a double room if anyone wants to share.

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 02:36:30 pm »
I will be there on Thurs the 14th  leaving Mon 18th.....will order a double room  willing to share if anyone needs/wants to do so.

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 02:38:06 pm »
Dennis,

I will check in on Wednesday, Aug 13 and check out Tuesday, Aug 19.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:21:22 pm »
Dennis:

I'll be booking two rooms (one for Jan and one for myself).

Regarding lowering the guaranteed room count.  I think that's a good idea.  My guess is we'll be looking at 15 rooms possible. But who knows, these things can change at the last minute.  However, based upon the way things look now, I would hate for you to be facing a potential financial hit if you stay at the 25 room guarantee.

As far as the possibility of our rate changing due to the lower # of rooms.  Here's something just FYI.  When I tried to check to see if the group had been set up yet on Thursday, I was offered a AAA discounted rate of $102.00 (including tax).  Which isn't that much more than what they are currently offering us ($74.00 + 12.58 [tax] +3.50 [house keeping] = $90.08 daily plus the $5.00 bellman charge [assuming a total of $10.00 in/out].  I know what a difficulty this has been for you, and I can't thank you enough for all your hard work and attention to detail.  I also know you're a shrewd negotiator, so if they try to raise the rate, the info I mentioned above might be a good counter argument.

Thanks again buddy!   :-*

RAB

Edit to add:  I think these two reservations will be for a total of 20 nights.  I need to confirm with Jan when she'll be moving from her IAC hotel to the AMG hotel to make sure though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:37:12 pm by RAB »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 10:24:46 pm »
Things are looking V-V-good for me and the boyfriend attending, for 5 or 6 nights.  I'm going to talk with him about it tonight. I'd be using the money earmarked for repairs to the van but I have another scheme in the works to pay for that so I think it can wait a bit.

One thing I was wondering is can we have a thread with the dates, links to the hotel, prices, all that info so I don't have to hunt through threads to see what the latest for sure info is? or at least a post in this thread that I could bookmark?

Dennis is once again doing a FABULOUS job!

Offline Curtis

• Smooth seas do not make skillfull sailors
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »
I'm in.  I've slept on the ground with blankets in Utah.  There's a hotel?  Yay!

Curtis
Probable infection: 1993
Tested poz: 10/4/1995

Much time passes.....

Worst labs in 2009: CD4 20, CD4% 3, VL 9000.
10/1/09: Ziagen, Icentress, Intelence.
11/30/09: CD4 42, CD4% 6, VL undetectable.

Hooray! :-)

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 07:00:55 pm »
I'm in and Santiago is coming with me! We bought our plane tickets this afternoon. We'll be there Wednesday through Tuesday.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:54 pm »
I will have a general post up sometime this weekend with all the weekends details as we have had in the past.

Thanks
Dennis

Things are looking V-V-good for me and the boyfriend attending, for 5 or 6 nights.  I'm going to talk with him about it tonight. I'd be using the money earmarked for repairs to the van but I have another scheme in the works to pay for that so I think it can wait a bit.

One thing I was wondering is can we have a thread with the dates, links to the hotel, prices, all that info so I don't have to hunt through threads to see what the latest for sure info is? or at least a post in this thread that I could bookmark?

Dennis is once again doing a FABULOUS job!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 09:49:27 pm »
Unfortunately as we have had to push off me starting meds now for three months due to financial concerns, we can't even contemplate a vactaion at this time. My apologies for the late information.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.