Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:33:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 480
Total: 481

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Canuck...What A Nice Guy  (Read 10627 times)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Canuck...What A Nice Guy
« on: August 22, 2006, 12:28:57 pm »
With everyone getting attention for their various roles in making Montreal a success...  I feel like we missed
a very important contributor..CLAUDE.  Claude you were very gracious and a wonderful host.  Thanks for answering
all my silly questions and for assisting me on several occassions.  YOU'RE A FINE MAN :o and I dont care what they say about you...I LIKE YOU. ::)

Hugs & American Kisses
David :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Canuck...What A Nice Guy
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 01:39:31 pm »
Claude

I want to echo what David has just said.  I can't imagine what this gathering would have been like without your help, translations, and suggestions.

You truly were a perfect host. 

There aren't enough Thanks that could be expressed for all the help that both you and Suzette provided to us. 

I know how much work, thought, time, went into your roles as Montreal Ambassadors.

With love and gratitude, I will simply say THANK YOU!

RAB

:-*

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 01:45:01 pm »
Sincerely,
No thanks is needed....Please.

I knew Canuck was a nice guy already..... :D  I can't imagine how things would have turned out without everything he did.  Seriously.  Thank goodness for you Canuck.  Congratulations on having it all work out according to plan.

It was wonderful to meet you all.....RAB it was a distinct pleasure working with you. You really busted it on the whole gathering and it showed  Everyone seemed comfortable and welcomed from what I could see with a quick acclimation to Montreal.

I wish you all.....all the best,
SAE

Meh.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:12:24 pm »
I had the terrific luck to encounter Claude in the lobby of the hotel, five hours before my plane took off and two hours before I needed to head to the airport.

Claude, thank you for filling those hours with our conversation. I would have written this privately, and still might, but I think it's important that the people on the forum know what a tremendous resource you have been during this gathering. Anyone who did not get, or take, the opportunity to sit and talk with you has had a woefully incomplete Montreal experience.

I almost did the same, because I tend to be timid about walking up to folks and chatting. But I am glad I sat next to you Monday afternoon. Thank you for showing me the generosity of spirit and the deep appreciation for living history that seems distinctly Canadian.

Also, thanks for walking me to the station and walking me through the process of getting a bus ticket to the airport. You saved me thirty five dollars in taxi fares, and not once did I feel, as I was afraid I would, like an ignorant out of towner lost in a strange land.

Cannot say enough good things about Claude.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 02:23:42 pm »
OMG!  SAE....  I always forget somebody...and you're far too pretty to be ignored.  Your contribution to this
gathering was incredible.  You're a riot too.  What a fabulous sense of humor ;D

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:24:30 am by david25luvit »
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 02:27:37 pm »
Do *NOT* get me started on SAE.

I fell so deeply in love with her that Consumed is going to punch me in the head.

Ya know, I never thought of myself as one of the cool people. But this weekend, I somehow managed to find myself in the company of some of the coolest people I have ever met.

Might be time for a new mantra, because... well, not all people suck.

*edited to add

Wow, it just occurred to me that I managed to spend some quality time with not one but THREE Montreal ambassadors. And each one, in a very specific and different way, influenced my view on the city, on the gathering, and on my own life. Hot damn. Hot and holy damn.

:)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 02:31:22 pm by jkinatl2 »
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 02:28:27 pm »
Claude and Suzette are both angels.  They have no need for wings or halos for this to be obvious.  They exude untold warmth and were perfect Ambassadors.  Thom and I cannot thank either of you enough for all you did to make our visit to Montreal such a wonderful experience.

With love and respect, Ric and Thom

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 02:58:18 pm »
Claude thanks for the time we spent together talking that was special. :-*

SAE aka SUE thanks to you for the trip from the airport and the next Smirnoff Ice is on me. ;)

Consumed is a lucky man to have you. :-*

Offline CalvinC

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 03:17:13 pm »
Claude, vous étiez un ambassadeur merveilleux. Vous avez impressionné vraiment tous ces Américains. Peut-être maintenant ils feront tout mouvement ici ! And Suzette, even being from The Hawk didn't stop you from helping to put on a great show.  :D

Andrew

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 06:55:38 pm »
Hi everyone,

Many thanks for all the very very kind words. These are making me blush a little here.... :-[

I will definitely be more elaborate with my comments within the next few days , in this thread and others as well . Somehow I need to decompress a little before posting my own views.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 08:16:08 pm »
I must be invisible.............Oh well.
I guess that's why I didn't get my french kisses...
Claude and all those hottie boys didn't SEE me :o :-X :'(
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 08:49:19 pm »
Ok David,

I know I'm not a hottie boy, but I saw you and you are cute...perhaps more aptly;  devilishly handsome.

Sae
 :-*
Meh.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 03:05:10 am »
Unless I'm married by then, I'm doing him next year. ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 08:11:55 am »
David,

Either you're incredibly short (maybe that's why they didn't see you?) or you spent most of your time on the floors and sidewalks of Montreal. Just sayin....

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 11:30:46 am »
You guys are funny.....I was talking to Claude (as far as being invisible)
but No! Ann...  I didn't spend any time on the floor and shame on me for NOT.
I'd done it on the floor with Tim Horn but someone else had him "cornered"
I'm not naming names...but he has blue eyes. ::)

Creighton...you're such a sweetie.  You had me at HELLO! :-*
and Suzette...If you weren't CONSUMED these days...I'd given you a great big KISS!
Hmm!  Should have done it anyway I suppose but your humor kept me in stitches.

There were some really HOT guys in Montreal.  OMG!...they traveled in packs!!!

Now if you wanna talk about "the big boy" strippers...Oh LA LA!!!
Talk about "swanging" OMG!  They SWANG girls :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline Basquo

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 12:43:05 pm »
Um, actually I was talking about The Canuck! :-X

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 05:24:20 pm »
Cher Claude, mon tres cher Claude,

You have a special place in my heart. Actually you were just as I thought you would be .

Ever kind, softhearted, smooth.............the thought of having met you in person warms my heart.

The conversations we had were so refreshing, yet felt so much on the same level.

We both feel as if we are ready to go.....BUT, that may well be the reason that we love to live and learn, and find out about new things in life.

Thank you Cluade, for everything.

Merci et un bisou de mon coeur.

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 05:33:10 pm »
Well, ok David, you must be really short then. It's just that the two photos I've seen that were taken by you both look like they were taken from the perspective of someone sitting on the floor.  ::)

You look much taller in your avatar. :D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 05:53:06 pm »
I was sitting in a CHAIR for some of them...Ann.  No Floor shots though.
 I'm only 5-9 .
Guess that explains it. 

And sorry Creighton...It was my thread...an easy mistake for me to make since you didn't mention Claude's name.  But not to worry...I was only trying to be nice.......Maybe Claude will find you more appealing.  I'll
cross my fingers for you ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 10:37:38 pm »
Hello everyone,

Again I'd like to thank you for your kind words.  :)

David...you are certainly a typical gentleman from the South and enjoyed our conversations very much. By the way David, I haven't really '' French kissed '' any attendees of the AMG 06...and kept my tongue in my mouth...so don't consider yourself excluded or rejected.  :P

Andrew..we never really had the chance to really talk and only exchanged a few words here and there. I guess it wasn't meant to happen this time, but hope we'll have other opportunities. Je n'essayais pas vraiment d'impressionner tous ces Américains, mais je voulais qu'ils apprécient leurs séjours à Montréal et il semble que ce fût un succès à ce niveau.  ;)

Jerry...we had a nice conversation during the '' Meet & Greet '' and wished we've had more time.  :)

Unless I'm married by then, I'm doing him next year.

Creighton....I must had missed something then...but so very typical of me.... ::)

Ric & Thom....I don't know if I'm an angel but you guys were fantastic and rarely met such compassionate friendly souls. I wish you again a very long life together.  :)

Jonathan...Your luck was also mine as I never had the opportunity to talk to you before our encounter in the lobby of the hotel. I must thank you for your very kind words, and talking to you was a real delight. Yes it was a few hours before you left, and yet we had quality time and such can't be determined only by the time running on a clock. If I was able to save you some money then it was somewhat a selfish pleasure as I had the opportunity to spend a bit more time with you. Thanks for having put up with the '' massacre of your language ''  :D

Rocky...as I told you many times..I did my best for making sure everyone had a good time...but you weren't a stranger to that since your input into the whole project is far from being neglectable.  ;)

Mon cher Herman...It was such a pleasure to have those conversations with you. Mind wise, we really connected and sometimes had the impression to hear myself talking. Indeed we both feel we are ready to go...but not now I suppose since we still have so many things to learn and hopefully heading into the right direction....Merci d'avoir pris le temps de m'écouter...et au plaisir de te revoir. Gros Bisous... :-*

Sae...As far as I'm concern you were part of the team and deserve all good comments coming to you..really Suzette..you know how much I really care for you...and Consumed is really a lucky guy..you are one of the nicest lady I have ever met.  ;D

It was really easy to let people coming to me or going to them...but so very hard to let them go. This is an experience I'll never forget, and hopefully not the last time.

Regards,

Claude aka The Canuck

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 11:10:51 pm »
Dear Claude,

We could not have asked for a finer host than you!  I think you are a wonderful guy, and I love to hear your voice....in fact, I could just sit and listen to you speak...it's like music.

Thank you for all you did for us, for being the gentleman you are, and for opening up your heart to us.

And to think, before I came up there, you told me not to 'expect too much' when seeing you.....Claude, you are TOO MUCH.

Love,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 11:17:19 pm »
Claude,
Since I mentioned you in another thread, I would just add here you made this trip very memorable. I am glad we were able to spend the time together and will ever be in your debt for the knowledge you shared, the patience you had with my trying to prounounce French words and all the work and effort you put in making this a special time for me and for all of us.

SPECIAL HUG,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 01:35:08 am »
At our last dinner Monday night I got to sit across from Claude.  How cool is that?  Dinner in a French restaurant with a Canadian with a sexy French accent?  We talked about all sorts of things political and cultural and about food and wine and men...everything that makes life worthwhile. 

Thank you Claude.

robert

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 04:42:11 pm »
I, too, was privileged to have several times to chat with Claude.  He was such a good ambassador, and yes, like so many others, it was way too cool to hear him speak in French.  Thanks again!

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 08:34:21 am »
Hey Claude...

Not to worry.  You were a fabulous host...even without the little French Kisses.
And very much the gentleman... And you know us southerners love our gentleman folk :P

(((((  Big Hug )))))
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 05:30:49 pm »
Claude,

haven't heard anything from you in awhile......hope you are doing well.

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.