Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:10:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 630
Total: 631

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Did anyone catch this guy today on CNN  (Read 10350 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Did anyone catch this guy today on CNN
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:53:56 pm »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Did anyone catch this guy today on CNN
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:18:13 pm »
I've heard of this fool. He's an admirer of Freddy Phelps.

But if he wants to burn korans, let him. That said, he better not lose his shit when differently minded people wish to burn the bible.

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:43 pm »
By inflaming Muslims overseas, as the leading General in Afghanistan charges, and possibly putting American lives abroad in danger, wouldn't that be viewed as a terrorist act?

Might as well use the fascist state we seem to have embraced to our advantage when we can.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:38:49 pm »
He's my new hero.  I hope he hijacks a plane a rams it into the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 07:28:10 pm »
He's my new hero.  I hope he hijacks a plane a rams it into the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

They better let us build a church there after!!! :D  It's amazing how I just come up with this shit.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 07:37:22 pm »
They better let us build a church there after!!! :D  It's amazing how I just come up with this shit.

Nice try, no cookie.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 07:54:53 pm »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 02:03:59 am »
Most muslim theocracies (and muslim majority countries) don't allow the building of Christian churches.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 02:16:14 am »
Most muslim theocracies (and muslim majority countries) don't allow the building of Christian churches.

Firstly, they're not "theocracies", they're "theonomies".

Secondly muslim majorities nations which prohibit the building of churches are in the minority.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:50 am »

Christian churches in Iran

Church of the Holy Mother of God, Darashamb
Saint Sarkis Cathedral, Tehran
Saint Thaddeus Monastery
St. Vartanants Church
Vank Cathedral
Catholic Church of Tabriz
Saint Sarkis Cathedral, Tehran
St. Nicholas Church, Tehran
St. Vartanants Church

ps: do you also believe all of the lies those Bible Thumpers down South tell you about sodomites?

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:35:37 am »
You guys think I'm pro-Christian and it's so cute that time and time again I have to tell you I'm anti-religion in general.  I do think it's a bit much when any church won't allow another into its territory.  As for the good 'ole fashion book burning, this stuff is fantastic.  I hope there are no real world repercussions for the military guys, but I love it when the religious get pissed over just about anything.

Also

http://cgi.stanford.edu/group/wais/cgi-bin/?p=48305

"Moreover, when the subject was policies towards non-Muslim religious structures in officially or predominantly Islamic countries, Soraya Sepahpour-Ulrich (and apparently John Eipper?) (12/3/09) did not think it at all “hair-splitting” to point out that whereas there are no churches in Saudi Arabia (position 1), there are churches in other officially Islamic countries. However, what was concealed by Soraya’s response, and the website that John referenced entitled “Christian Churches in Muslim Countries: A Blatant Western Lie Exposed,” showing pictures of churches in Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Turkey, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, Syria, and the UAE, which was apparently meant to support this point, was that all these countries (except possibly Bahrain) enforce various policies falling between positions 2 and 3: i.e. significant limitations on new churches and/or expansions to old ones."

Just because there is a church standing in a "Muslim" nation, doesn't mean they will allow the building of new ones.

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:50:12 am »
He's from the Orlando, Fl area:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/07/florida.quran.burning/index.html

Ray

Not that it matters that much but,  he's from Gainesville not Orlando.   They are 115 miles (and a world)apart.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 10:59:49 am »
I hope they burn they're pointing finger . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:58 am »
Firstly, they're not "theocracies", they're "theonomies".

It's not incorrect to characterize many (even all) Islamic states as theocracies. "Theonomy" isn't usually used to refer to a system of government, rather, the system of government resulting from theonomy is called a theocracy.

An Islamic state is a state that has adopted Islam, specifically Sharia, as its foundations for political institutions, or laws, exclusively, and has implemented the islamic ruling system khilafah (Arabic خلافة). As such, all Islamic states are theocracies. This includes the states of Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen.

LINK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy#Islamic_states

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:23:31 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 03:37:20 pm »
It's not incorrect to characterize many (even all) Islamic states as theocracies. "Theonomy" isn't usually used to refer to a system of government, rather, the system of government resulting from theonomy is called a theocracy.

An Islamic state is a state that has adopted Islam, specifically Sharia, as its foundations for political institutions, or laws, exclusively, and has implemented the islamic ruling system khilafah (Arabic خلافة). As such, all Islamic states are theocracies. This includes the states of Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen.

LINK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy#Islamic_states

Firstly, fuck wikipedia. A source written by the personality disordered and quoted by the intellectually slothful.

The use of the term "theocracy" to refer to these states has been common practice for quite a while, but that doesn't make it correct. They are properly called "theonomies".

MtD

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 04:25:38 pm »
Firstly, fuck wikipedia. A source written by the personality disordered and quoted by the intellectually slothful.

The use of the term "theocracy" to refer to these states has been common practice for quite a while, but that doesn't make it correct. They are properly called "theonomies".

MtD

You're so predictable, I knew you'd say "fuck wikipedia," lol.

It's pedantic for you to have tried to correct Trey for using a word entirely appropriately. Period. End of story.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 04:25:44 pm »
Not that it matters that much but,  he's from Gainesville not Orlando.   They are 115 miles (and a world)apart.

Thanks for the correction !! I could have have sworn " Orlando "  popped up on the screen, but your right , he's from Gainsville.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 04:30:26 pm »
You're so predictable, I knew you'd say "fuck wikipedia," lol.

It's pedantic for you to have tried to correct Trey for using a word entirely appropriately. Period. End of story.

The tina starting to wear off, is it Inchie?

MtD

/edited to correct a small grammatical error/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:32:23 pm by Matty the Damned »

Offline J.R.E.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »

That's what makes us different, we do. We also give every person (no matter how abhorrent) their first amendment right to burn the Koran, or the Stars and Stripes. We have a Bill of Rights to protect the rights of the minority no matter how distasteful we find them.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 08:16:09 pm »
The tina starting to wear off, is it Inchie?

Reel it in, please. This wasn't necessary.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 10:14:38 pm »
Evidently this pastor ran a church in Germany until he was kicked out last year:

der spiegel article link

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 01:00:07 am »
I've found it so funny that FOX and Sarah have been sparking up all this anti-Islam crap until General Petraus came out and said it would cause harm to the troops.  I could see the discussions now in the FOX underground bunker.... We want to create hate against Muslims, but Petraus is our hero and we've knocked anyone in the past for saying anything against him. Hmmm? 

Now, they are suddenly attacking this pastor and mocking his church.  Now if Petraus would say not allowing the Muslim center would create problems for the troops, it would cause FOX to be for it.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »

There is currently some breaking news going on with this issue. Terry Jones, claims he will not burn the koran.  Apparently he Jones " states, that a deal was arrived at to move the Mosque from the proposed location.

However this is still breaking news :

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/september/148630/Gainesville-pastor-cancels-Quran-burning  

GAINESVILLE --

Gainesville Pastor Terry Jones says he will not host a Quran burning on Sept. 11.

At a news conference Thursday, Jones said he cancelled the event because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move.

He said he and Imam Muhammad Musri will be flying to New York City Saturday.

Musri, of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, was the bridge that brought about peaceful solutions in both events. For the second day in a row, he drove from Orlando to speak with Jones.

On Thursday, he brought gifts-- a framed full page newspaper ad and photos of billboards showing American Muslims condemning Islamic extremists.

During the conversations, they also talked about the proposed mosque near ground zero and the pastor reportedly said he would call this whole event off if that mosque is moved. Imam Musri said he could urge Feisal Abdul Rauf, the Imam behind the proposed mosque, to relocate somewhere else in New York City.

"He has mentioned indirectly that if that mosque is put on hold or relocated, he is willing to back down. So I'm hopefully that this will be the key to resolve this standoff," said Imam Musri.

Media has gathered all week at the small church in the middle of a religious firestorm.

Jones planned to burn hundreds of copies of Islam’s holy book on the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
Related Headlines

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »
 Florida Iman claims:  "no Deal"

http://www.newsok.com/florida-imam-no-deal-to-move-nyc-mosque/article/3493335

Florida imam: No deal to move NYC mosque

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida imam says no deal has been reached to move the site of a mosque near ground zero in exchange for a Florida minister to call off plans to burn Qurans.

Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center speaks at a news conference in Gainesville, Fla., Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010. AP Photo

Imam Muhammad Musri tells The Associated Press that what he offered was a meeting among the Rev. Terry Jones, the New York imam planning the Islamic center and himself to talk about the mosque location.

Musri is president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida. He says he told Jones that he does not believe the mosque should be built near the World Trade Center site and would do everything in his power to make sure it is moved.

Jones says he believes a deal was reached to move the mosque and would fly to New York Saturday to discuss it.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/florida-imam-no-deal-to-move-nyc-mosque/article/3493335#ixzz0z4aeYlRq

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 06:53:27 pm »
This Pastor Jones seems a bit sketchy, it was clear as both the Pastor and the Imam spoke today that they were saying 2 different things. Pastor was saying he was assured the Mosque would be moved, Imama says The NY Imam was open to meeting with Pastor to discuss the issue. It's definately not the same thing.

-Will

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 08:26:33 pm »
Deal or No Deal?

What's inside case number 72 Howie?  Oh no it's a burning copy of the Koran!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 08:29:37 pm »
Deal or No Deal?

What's inside case number 72 Howie?  Oh no it's a burning copy of the Koran!

No deal, and sumtin tells me Pastor is gonna be burnin double the amount of Korans after he gets back from NY and realizes aint no one gonna move the mosque.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 07:12:06 am »

Hundreds protest controversial Gainesville church...

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/september/149943/Hundreds-protest-controversial-Gainesville-church

By Heather Sorentrue, Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:14 AM
GAINESVILLE --

Hundreds of students frustrated with what they call the hateful message of a Gainesville pastor protested across from the tiny church Saturday night.

The protesters marched from a nearby city park down the street to a point across from the church. Organizers see this as a way to unite the community which has received so much attention because of Pastor Terry Jones. They said he brought disgrace to Gainesville and they said it's their turn to be heard.

It was one of three events around town Saturday evening where students and religious leaders are trying to mark Sept. 11 with a message of religious tolerance. Gainesville police have very tight security should anything happen.

Pastor Terry Jones flew to New York and finally came out and said he will never torch the Quran. Protesters said they believe this was all about Jones getting attention.

"No, we're not going to do it-- not today-- not ever. We're not going to go back and do it. It's totally cancelled and hope that through that we'll open up a door to talk with the Imam about the ground zero mosque," Jones said on NBC's Today show.

"The Quran burning has been called off, but the hate that this man is perpetrating and the ignorance and intolerance is still very much alive. And if the hate is here than we're going to be protesting for peace," said protester Kyleigh Kreech.

The church did take down the "international burn a Quran day" sign. However, Dove World Outreach Center still has other anti-Islamic signs up on the property.

Evangelist K.A. Paul, who tried to intervene in the Quran burning, claimed he paid for Jones' flight up to New York just to get him out of here. And he said the pastor decided he wanted to travel first class. News 13 tried to call and confirm that, but have not heard back.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 07:45:57 am »
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.  The Miighty Oz has spoken!"
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.