Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:36:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 451
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 407
Total: 408

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Insertive Oral & ARS  (Read 8002 times)

Offline Dave1981

Insertive Oral & ARS
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:02 pm »
Greetings,

What an amazing site this is.  I've been stressing out in a major way since my low risk exposure 5 weeks ago and the words I've read here written by the administrators have helped keep me as together as can be expected.  Y'all are the most understanding and optimistic people I have found while beating myself up on the internet over symptoms and risk.  Thank you.

I engaged in unprotected insertive oral with a female 5 weeks ago.  I asked her if she was clean.  She said "yes."  I noticed no cuts or bleeding in her mouth, but I do have small raised flat bumps from HPV on the head of my penis.  No open sores.  There was about 30 seconds of fellatio, followed by a hand job that led me to climax.

Approx. 2 weeks later, I felt a tingling in the tip of my penis, which progressed to abdominal pain, pain where my kidneys are, and then armpit and neck pain and tightness.  No discharge.  I visited my PC after a week of symptoms and tested neg for Gon, Chlya, and Syph.  No mono.  Although I didn't have a rapid strep test, I can still swallow comfortably and there are no spots on my throat.  I was prescribed meds for a yeast infection and, but it didn't really made a difference.

Headache, intense body pain where my lymph nodes are, a dry/white tongue, mild sore throat (like hair caught in my throat) and lack of appetite (I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks) are my major symptoms.  I have had no fever or rash.  I've been to two doctors who've checked me for swollen lymph nodes and, although I had pain in those areas, they said they could not find anything out of place.  They also said I did not have thrush in my mouth.  All doctors have said that I am freaking out about nothing. 

Is it common for those suffering for ARS to have any urethral discomfort?
Is it common to have pain in areas where lymph nodes exist without swelling?

My body runs healthily at a degree or two below 98.6.  I rarely have checked my temp when I'm healthy to find that it is 98.6.  At what temp would a person like me be considered to have a fever?

Am I a hypochondriac?

I wouldn't be thinking at all about HIV if all of my tests hadn't come back neg.  I read that, although not conclusively, seroconversion in most people happens at an average of 28 days.  I submitted to an antibody test today, results in two days.  I know my risk is slim to nil of contracting HIV, but any answers to my questions and words of encouragement would go a long way for me..  I am very grateful for the opportunity to reach out to you all.  Thanks and I will post my results when I get them.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Insertive Oral & ARS
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »
You are worrying needlessly about HIV. Getting a blowjob is one of the most common of sexual activities. In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a single confirmed case of transmission to a guy in that manner. Not one. It's safe to say you are not going to make history by becoming the first.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. If they persist, discuss the situation with your doctor. It's not about HIV.

I want to add one further comment. To use the term "clean" when referring to someone's HIV status or indeed any STD is offensive. Those who are HIV positive are not dirty. They are simply living with the HIV virus. So don't use that kind of language when you are talking about anyone's status.

Finally, there is no cause for concern about HIV this time nor any need for HIV testing. The only confirmed sexual risks for the transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Use condoms everytime for those activties and you will be well protected.
Andy Velez

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »
I am sorry for that disrespecful remark.  I read that once on this forum and I forgot.  I am sorry.  Thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:19:41 am »
Dave,

You're here worrying about hiv from getting a NO HIV RISK blowjob, but you seem to have no regard for the fact that you have HPV on your penis and you had no qualms about putting your infected junk in someone else's mouth. And yes, one can get HPV infection in the throat and it can lead to throat cancer.

Until you get something done about the HPV on your penis, either don't put it in anyone's mouth or put a condom on it when you do. Show some responsibility, please. You asked her if she's "clean", while you yourself are not, going by what you understood that term to mean. Clean up your own act before you expect it of others.

Stop worrying about this NO RISK blowjob and get your HPV seen to ASAP - and certainly before you go exposing others to your infection again.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »
Dear Ann,

I notified my friend of my situation before engaging and she proceeded anyways.  I was really trying to get the point in my initial description.  I have much regard for the health of everyone I contact.  I also believe your opinions to knowledgeable and accurate.  Sorry if I've offended you with my infected junk.

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:20:28 am »
Greetings all,

Happy to report a negative result at 5 weeks.  Not conclusive, but encouraging.  Thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
Dave,

No surprise there as you did NOT have a risk as you have been repeatedly told.

I hope you get that HPV seen to before you spread it to someone else.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 01:04:55 am »
I wish I had as much patience as how much I observed in nervousboy's new post... I'm anxiously awaiting a conclusive test, still almost 1 1/2 months away (for 3 mos).  I've still been feeling sick.   A perpetual headache and pain (but no swelling, as confirmed by my PC) in my armpits and neck have been driving me nuts.  It is now 7 weeks post my "no risk" eposure. 

My PC took a complete blood test around week 4... I should have asked (and will still pursue some measurements) what my CD4 count/percentage was, but my results were "normal."  I've been to my Dr's office three times in the last month and he reiterated how he though my worrying and clearly observable anxiety were both unwarranted considering the circumstances. 

Though I 've had a 5 week negative test, I still feel like I have an infection.  I've taken full courses of doxycycline and fluconazole for potential infections and neither have had any effect.  I'm not trying to bother y'all.  I think it makes me feel minutely better just to tell someone one how I feel.  Thanks for your time. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 02:17:35 am »
I wish I had as much patience as how much I observed in nervousboy's new post... I'm anxiously awaiting a conclusive test, still almost 1 1/2 months away (for 3 mos).  I've still been feeling sick.   A perpetual headache and pain (but no swelling, as confirmed by my PC) in my armpits and neck have been driving me nuts.  It is now 7 weeks post my "no risk" eposure. 

My PC took a complete blood test around week 4... I should have asked (and will still pursue some measurements) what my CD4 count/percentage was, but my results were "normal."  I've been to my Dr's office three times in the last month and he reiterated how he though my worrying and clearly observable anxiety were both unwarranted considering the circumstances. 

Though I 've had a 5 week negative test, I still feel like I have an infection.  I've taken full courses of doxycycline and fluconazole for potential infections and neither have had any effect.  I'm not trying to bother y'all.  I think it makes me feel minutely better just to tell someone one how I feel.  Thanks for your time. 

Doxy and fluconazole? Over this? Jesus!

If your doctor had any brains he'd refer your hypochondriac ass to a psychiatrist.

Have you taken the time to read our Welcome Thread? You should pay particular to this section:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Consider yourself warned.

MtD

Offline nervousboy

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 02:45:18 am »
Hi Dave, I've just read on here what the team have told me, and I 100% trust and believe them, they are good people. I've had it in my head that the WORST I can get is an STD, which is treatable, even though I am very confident I don't even have that. I believe that if you dwell on it and kid yourself you have got it, you will bring all these problems on yourself and you will go off your head.
       Good luck and best wishes, Nervousboy.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 02:59:26 am »
Hi Dave, I've just read on here what the team have told me, and I 100% trust and believe them, they are good people. I've had it in my head that the WORST I can get is an STD, which is treatable, even though I am very confident I don't even have that. I believe that if you dwell on it and kid yourself you have got it, you will bring all these problems on yourself and you will go off your head.
       Good luck and best wishes, Nervousboy.

Nervous,

You need to read our Welcome Thread too it would seem:

Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

That applies to you. Stay in your own thread.

MtD

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »
Thanks NB, for taking the time out to try to make me feel better.  Waiting to close the window is an arduous experience, one that I deserve to incur.  Best of luck to you :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »
You don't have a "window period,"  Dave. You didn't have a risk to begin with. All this stuff is about unnecessary drama on your part as you have been told several times. But you are listening to your fears and doubts which have no basis in HIV science. 
Andy Velez

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 02:32:22 am »
Hi Andy,

You are right... I am listening to my fears and doubts.  If I were 100% sure I'll be negative at 13 weeks,
I wouldn't be here.  What I have discovered, is a wonderful resource of people like yourself that make their time available to people like me that, for whatever reason based upon science or not, are afraid.  I have read many more dramatic threads than mine while researching here, so please don't think I'm trying to cause a scene.  In fact, if/when I test negative at 13 weeks, I would be pleased to offer my time to service this community as counsel to the "Worried Well" who post here.   I think I'll have accumulated a wealth of information that may be helpful.  Thank you, as always. 

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 02:45:37 am »
Hi Andy,

You are right... I am listening to my fears and doubts.  If I were 100% sure I'll be negative at 13 weeks,
I wouldn't be here.  What I have discovered, is a wonderful resource of people like yourself that make their time available to people like me that, for whatever reason based upon science or not, are afraid.  I have read many more dramatic threads than mine while researching here, so please don't think I'm trying to cause a scene.  In fact, if/when I test negative at 13 weeks, I would be pleased to offer my time to service this community as counsel to the "Worried Well" who post here.   I think I'll have accumulated a wealth of information that may be helpful.  Thank you, as always. 

Dave whether or not you are 100% sure of your HIV status is not our concern. We have considered your questions and rendered our opinions.

You were not at risk and you do not need to be tested for HIV.

You need to understand that we cannot help you with your fears and doubts. You clearly have mental issues and those are outside the remit of this forum. I encourage you to discuss your problems with your doctor and seek a referral to a properly qualified mental health professional for face to face assistance.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 07:25:46 am »
Dave,

Have you been to a doctor about your HPV yet? If not, WHY not? Quit fretting about a virus you cannot possibly have and do something about the one you DO have.

And stop with the drama. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to and like Matty asked you to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »
Who's questioning?  Yikes!  I thought this forum was a place for discussion... hard to do when you're only allowed one post.   I'm not being dramatic.  I've been as polite as possible and gracious for your input.  Good luck. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 03:53:28 pm »
Dave,

One post? You have been questioning - repeatedly - whether or not you could have been infected through getting a blowjob. We've answered - repeatedly - that no, you cannot possibly have been infected with hiv through getting a blowjob.

You are being dramatic. Not one person has ever been infected - HPV or no HPV - as a result of being blown and you won't be the first.

You've skirted the one issue that you do have a problem with and that's your wart-encrusted dick. Get it taken care of before you go sticking it into any other person's mouth or anywhere else on their body. Warts (HPV) are easily spread through skin-to-skin contact UNLIKE hiv and you're infectious. Keep your warts to yourself.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Dave1981

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 10:53:30 pm »
Dear Ann,

It's just my opinion, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that someone in your position ( a moderator, having the discretion to voice experienced judgement upon the worried cases in this forum ) should demonstrate better manners.  You cheapen your own advice with your language, not matter how much you are annoyed.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 11:58:52 pm »
Dear Ann,

It's just my opinion, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that someone in your position ( a moderator, having the discretion to voice experienced judgement upon the worried cases in this forum ) should demonstrate better manners.  You cheapen your own advice with your language, not matter how much you are annoyed.

Dear Dave,

You should have better manners than to foist your diseased genitals on other people.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 06:31:35 am »
Dave,

Try to insult me all you like, but it's not going to make the least bit of difference.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is that you come here worrying about a virus that you have not been at risk for, while ignoring the fact that you have put another person at risk for another serious virus - one that causes cancer - and you seem to show no remorse for this fact. You have also not even had the good manners to acknowledge that you need to get your warts taken care of by a doctor.

Keep up with the fretting over getting a no hiv risk blowjob and you'll be given that time out you've been warned about. This is your absolute last warning. 

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.