Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:15:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 713
Total: 713

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: potential new med assistance  (Read 4166 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
potential new med assistance
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:42:26 am »
1-888 4ppanow

this is a service that asks you certain questions and matches you with programs from the phrarma that might be right for you.   

Basically  they ask you certain questions and see what 'category' you fall into and then can refer you to programs offered by big pharma. 

I registered today... i don't know if it's worth shit or not, but they said I qualified for a few drug company programs..  i will keep you updated,  Can the mods/owners chime in if this is legit? 

It sounds like it is.

I'm not taken in easily by frauds.. but this does sound legit to me.... a good program similar to adap or basically a drug assitance program thru the providers.... i can't give any recommendations just yet as they really only provide  you referrals to the corporate programs you might be eligble for. But anythign that might save money is a good thing.

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
Re: potential new med assistance
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 06:26:44 am »
How did you learn of this service?  Can you look up their company name in the BBB?

Please do be cautious and don't get taken by a hidden scam.

Good luck.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:26:21 am »

It seems to be legit, but I'm wondering how they make money, or if they are a non-profit outfit. I Googled the phone number and came up with a website - here's the About Us page from same:

https://www.pparx.org/about.php

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:23:22 pm »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:58:00 pm by emeraldize »

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 06:52:17 pm »
Hello Bailey,

Thanks for posting this. Please do keep us updated on this.... And EM, thanks for checking into this also, Ann, thanks for the website.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 07:59:00 pm »
i just got a report on this from emeradize... and from her initial discussions it's 100% legit... she will be speaking with some industry reps further about this so stay tuned for updates.

oh, i originally saw it on television and it's not just for hiv/aids... just med programs in general.  I'm still waiting on my 'package' of info, so i'll keep you tuned.

Still not sure how much a benefit it may be, but who knows. 

PS:  if you do call and 'enroll', they will ask for personal information and the meds you currently take... the lady i spoke with kinda had no clue what the meds were truvada/viramune but her computer said there are programs i qualify for based upon income (which i'll likely be excluded from because i have company sponsored insurance)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:27:56 pm »
Hello Bailey,

Please do keep us posted on this newly found information. When you get the packet, read it over carefully and highlight the important aspects of the program and post it to us.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 09:17:55 am »
Bailey,

Don't feel that because you are covered under insurance that you may not qualify.  I'm currently enrolled in a program that will help pay for my prescription co-pays 100%.  They would also help pay for my premium if it was a personal policy not company sponsored.  (They didn't feel it would be prudent to send my health insurance a third party check and to remove the payments from my paychecks).  I work full time and have health coverage.  Hopefully, you have something like that in your area.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 10:33:47 am »
Hey you guys....Montel Williams has been doing commercials for them for quite a while now. The ASO's around here recommend them highly for us poor folk, as our ADAP program is the suckiest in the country.
The pharmaceutical companies have always had these programs, they just weren't widely advertised. We used to refer our patients to their compassionate use programs all the time.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 09:58:31 pm »
Hi Bailey and Everyone Else,

This just adds affirmation to what others have written. I did hear back from someone today and it is legitimate.

Em

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.