Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:19:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 230
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lady Jan  (Read 17278 times)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
Lady Jan
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:21:52 pm »
Dearest AMG friends and family,

Please understand that the title of "Lady Jan of Kincavel" is a legitimate Title that designates her as a land owner in the parish of Kilchoan, county of Ardnamurchan, Scotland.

Protocol dictates the following:
1) Ladies may approach, touch Her hand and may then embrace.
2) Gentleman must curtsy, then approach to touch Her hand and may then embrace.

RAB, as Lady Jan's Man-in-Waiting will remind anyone of any infraction of protocol.  This need only be done once, during your first greeting of Lady Jan at AMG.  After that, "Katie bar the doors".

/s/ Laird Richard William Wilke of Kincavel.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Lady Jan
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »
Dearest AMG friends and family,

Please understand that the title of "Lady Jan of Kincavel" is a legitimate Title that designates her as a land owner in the parish of Kilchoan, county of Ardnamurchan, Scotland.

Protocol dictates the following:
1) Ladies may approach, touch Her hand and may then embrace.
2) Gentleman must curtsy, then approach to touch Her hand and may then embrace.

RAB, as Lady Jan's Man-in-Waiting will remind anyone of any infraction of protocol.  This need only be done once, during your first greeting of Lady Jan at AMG.  After that, "Katie bar the doors".

/s/ Laird Richard William Wilke of Kincavel.

"Dearest Ric:"

(Said with an unpleasant tone)

You're as crazy as she is if you think I'll curtsy!  Harrumph!

RAB   :-*

(They are both crazy if you ask me.  Just sayin!   :P)

(Crazy ass fools!)

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:30:58 pm »
I do a lovely full court curtsey -- or is My Lady wanting merely modern quick one?  ;)
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:32:45 am »
Barbara, please!  You think her pig does that before she barges into the house??

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 12:02:40 pm »
Barbara, please!  You think her pig does that before she barges into the house??

LMAO!   :D

Now I've got this image of Kuni doing a curtsy stuck in my head!  Lord!

RAB   ;D

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 10:47:15 pm »
Friends,

Do any of you think that QEII requires this from any of her corgies?  We are talking about Lady Jan here.  A little R-E-S-P-E-C-T, please.  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:58:31 am »
Friends,

Do any of you think that QEII requires this from any of her corgies? 

Oh, she does, she does. It's just difficult for the untrained eye to recognise a corgi-curtsey. Ever notice how the corgis are always a few steps behind her? I've also seen footage of them backing out of the room.

;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 05:00:44 am »
"Dearest Ric:"

(Said with an unpleasant tone)

You're as crazy as she is if you think I'll curtsy!  Harrumph!

A kiss to the back of the hand and a curtsy is demanded from Lady Jan's "Man-in-Waiting"...you will be wise to follow protocol.. remember two weeks can go very slowly when punishement is being dished out.. ;)

I do a lovely full court curtsey -- or is My Lady wanting merely modern quick one?

Andy a Modern quickie is fine by me.. ;D

You think her pig does that before she barges into the house??

No but she does Knock before she comes in..seriously.. and Ann, she (Kooni) has no choice, she comes in she has to back out she's too fat to turn around.. :D

My love and respect to Ric..the Laird of Kilchoan.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 05:04:54 am »

and Ann, she (Kooni) has no choice, she comes in she has to back out she's too fat to turn around.. :D

ROFLMAO!!! I can just picture it!

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 07:32:59 am »
"A modern quickie is fine with me" :o  Oh, the places that sends the mind ;D

Jan may be a lady, and Rick may be a Laird, but let's not forget that we will be bringing the QUEEN - complete with tiara.  That makes me the Queen Mother (and Hubby the Queen Daddy?).  I expect full and proper hommage.  I'm also a land owner, which makes me the Lady of the Manor.  However, I won't expect anyone to call me by my title, it would take way too long and might bring unwelcomed attention.

Her Highness, the Queen Mother,
Lady Mum of Salem
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:15:54 am »
all this royalty ~~~  What's a commoner to do.

well, I'll give Lady Jan a respectful peck on the check.

and, of course, I'll be proud to be part of Queenie's entourage.  Wherever she is, I won't be too far behind.  Or maybe I'll be in front, tossing rose petals her way.  That would  be nice.

robt

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 02:45:31 pm »
Robert,

I planted two Carpathian walnut trees last year in honor of my heritage, or at least a part of my heritage (we Yanks are mixed up a lot these days.) :P

So, you can refer to me as "The Count,'" or ""Count Vlad," which one of my former coworkers used regularly. ;D

Or you can "Count" on me when we get to Boston to make sure we see the "sights," like we did in Montreal, remember?  ;)

HUGS and NIBBLES,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 06:29:46 pm »
good lord, vlad.

well, at least you're not a princess. (I imagine well have our share of those.)

I'm 'countin' the days.  August will be here before you know it.  Then we'll see if we can explore the streets of boston without getting banned.

nibbles, eh?  are they safe?  Guess I'll just have to chance it.

robt

Offline minismom

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 07:11:34 am »
Robert,

Just don't give her any homework :P 

edited to add: I did tell Hubby that we could just drop Mim off and disappear.  As long as we showed up twice a day to give her meds, no one would miss us. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:14:24 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Robert

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 11:02:01 am »

edited to add: I did tell Hubby that we could just drop Mim off and disappear.  As long as we showed up twice a day to give her meds, no one would miss us.

That puts a great big smile on my face.  You are so right.  Mim will do just fine, thank you.

oh, and I can't promise you about the homework.  It's in the blood.  I mean, it just seems so natural to talk about the Boston Tea Party when you're in Boston.  And, of course, that leads to taxiation without representation, and Paul Revere and the Old North Church and 'one if by land and two if by sea' and it never stops. ;D

robt

Offline minismom

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 02:56:45 pm »
We're already working on that good stuff - even watched "National Treasure" ;D.  While it does have it's educational value, we're really doing it to KICK BUTT on the scavenger hunt.

Hubby wanted me to tell you that you're more than welcomed to be on our team - but only if you do YOUR homework ;)  And, um, you don't forget the rose pedals ::)

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 06:32:53 pm »
"A modern quickie is fine with me" :o  Oh, the places that sends the mind ;D

Jan may be a lady, and Rick may be a Laird, but let's not forget that we will be bringing the QUEEN - complete with tiara. 

Don't worry Mom I know my place when the QUEEN is in attendence.. :D

""Count Vlad,"
From Aztecan:

Wasn't Vlad the Impaler a nasty man from days gone by, I think Bram Stokes based Dracular on dear old Vlad.. you Mark may be a count but you are certainly not a blood sucking one.. ;D

Hugs

Offline Robert

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 10:05:29 pm »
well, mum, I've put on my thinking cap and now you got me going.

First, let me say, this is all just 'extra credit' for little Mim but it is required reading for all of those over the age of 18.

It's quite simple, Paul Revere's Ride (also known as The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere) opens the door for all of us to experience the richness of Boston, her history, the landscape, the buildings and the people. . All the furor and madness and revolutionary fervor that led up to the American Revolution centers around Boston and that poem.

If you go to this link, (The Midnight Ride) you can read about the real story of Paul Revere's Ride and even take a Virtual Midnight Ride yourself.

It's really important to know this stuff because, as you all know, Dennis has arranged a walking tour/scavanger hunt for us.  The key to a winning team is to know your history.  The best way to do that is to read Longfellow's poem.

robt

ps.  for the young at heart HERE is the website for Paul Revere's Kids.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:34:28 pm by Robert »

Offline minismom

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 11:43:15 pm »
Jan, Mim has been practicing her tight squeezy hugs - not sure she'd go for the whole curtsy thing and as for kissing...well, she doesn't even like us to give a nighty peck on the cheek :-\

As for you, Robert, you're on our team.  The rest of you back off (including you, RAB - but I still love you - just not enough to let you have Robert ;))  Game on!
www.watoto.com

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 06:29:10 am »
It's quite simple, Paul Revere's Ride (also known as The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere) opens the door for all of us to experience the richness of Boston, her history, the landscape, the buildings and the people. . All the furor and madness and revolutionary fervor that led up to the American Revolution centers around Boston and that poem.

Not to be a downer ... but Paul Revere was/is overrated.  First of all he didn't even make it to warn that the British were coming (he was captured).  Then afterwards he billed the gov't for his expenses that night!  >:(

While not from Boston Sybil Ludington is a more worthwhile hero to study and she was only 16 years old.  IMHO   :D

And if M'Lady Jan wants a modern quickie then thats what she'll get.  ;)

Your Humble Servant
AA

God Save The Queen!
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 05:14:08 pm »
ALL RIGHT!  LISTEN UP!

This thread is a train wreck if you ask me.  It covers everything from self proclaimed  and/or incestuously manufactured, and self serving phony titles of royalty, to Jan's desire to a quickie  (now there's a topic I have no need to delve into), to picking teams for the scavenger hunt, and a history hoedown between Robert and Andrew.

You're all nuts if you ask me!

I'm just sayin!   >:(

RAB   ;D

(Crazy ass fools, the whole lot of them. Lord!  If they had a brain they'd take it out and play with it.  If you ask me there isn't a sane person among them!  Not one!)

(Crazy ass fools!)

Offline Basquo

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »
  That makes me the Queen Mother (and Hubby the Queen Daddy?)

Oh, RAB, you, along with everyone else, have failed to recognize the overall sovereignty of the Queen Daddy! I mean, a title like that trumps everything !

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 12:17:57 am »
Oh I noticed it Basquo...I just didn't like to say anything...I can only hope Hubby has a good sense of humour because he is going to need it.. ;D.

So Mr RAB if you don't believe I have a legitimate title then why pray tell have you had a new "Throne" install just for me...yes folks it's true I have a new "Throne".

self proclaimed  and/or incestuously manufactured, and self serving phony titles of royalty,

That statement, I'm sad to say is jealousy, pure and simple jealousy...the man is to be pitied, so please, when you see him in Boston don't hurt him.

Hugs

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 01:59:50 am »

You're all nuts if you ask me!

It was not a nut house! -- Jacqueline Susann

Offline minismom

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 07:06:11 pm »
We all love you RAB, and you love us and you know it! ;D  As a matter of a fact, I have bought a very trendy backpack to use in Boston - just for you.  That way, you won't have to spend your time snatching my purse and demonstrating the proper way to carry it whilst in public.

I agree with Jan, RAB is jealous and he deserves pity :-*.  Just be glad that none of us have to sit next to him on a plane as we travel 'cross country.  Don't worry about Hubby, Jan.  He's managed to stay married to me for 16yrs without any major mental breakdowns or heavy sedatives.

Her Royal Highness, The Queen Mother,
Lady Mum

edited for a comment that could be misconstrued as mean.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:08:14 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 04:46:57 am »
I agree with Jan, RAB is jealous and he deserves pity .  Just be glad that none of us have to sit next to him on a plane as we travel 'cross country

Umm..I will be sitting next to him on a plane for six hours as we fly towards Boston..just have a strong cocktail ready for me when I land.. ;D

Hugs

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 08:12:14 am »
I know, MiLady, I know.  Make sure he practices his curtsy, bows, and groveling.  May I suggested placing a small mickey in his first inflight drink ;)
www.watoto.com

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 10:06:56 am »
Umm..I will be sitting next to him on a plane for six hours as we fly towards Boston..just have a strong cocktail ready for me when I land.. ;D

Hugs

All of which means I'm the one to be pitied!  

And the real reason we had a "new trone" installed is obvious!  You're full of it! :D

H & K

RAB   ;D

I know, MiLady, I know.  Make sure he practices his curtsy, bows, and groveling.  May I suggested placing a small mickey in his first inflight drink ;)

Just one?  that's kinda not goona do it!  ;) And I'd rather ride on the wing than grovel!  

H & K

RAB   ;D

(Who blames Ric for starting this whole title/royalty stuff!)

(Still say they're all CRAZY)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 05:51:10 pm »
I WAS looking forward to finally meeting all of you people -- but after watching this thread (train wreck, I believe it's been called), I must admit --- I'm growing a bit fearful.........    ;)

Mike

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 09:06:50 pm »
I WAS looking forward to finally meeting all of you people -- but after watching this thread (train wreck, I believe it's been called), I must admit --- I'm growing a bit fearful.........    ;)

Be afraid Mike, be VERY afraid.. ;)

Hugs

Offline bocker3

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:10 pm »
Well, you all might be "crazy" as some suggest - and a healthy fear may be in order -- but I do have one thing up sleeve.  I lived in Boston for a few years, so I DO know how to get around and might just be of value to someone in a situation like, oh, I don't know --- a scavenger hunt.  Not too mention the ability to help folks figure out how to get from point A to point B (or NOT).  It's not royalty -- but it IS something of value.   ;D

I should add -- I'm not much into bowing or curtseying (is that a word??), but I'm always willing to give a hug when warranted......

Mike

Offline Robert

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 11:26:39 am »
Well, you all might be "crazy" as some suggest - and a healthy fear may be in order -- but I do have one thing up sleeve.  I lived in Boston for a few years, so I DO know how to get around and might just be of value to someone in a situation like, oh, I don't know --- a scavenger hunt.  Not too mention the ability to help folks figure out how to get from point A to point B (or NOT).  It's not royalty -- but it IS something of value.   ;D

this is just Mike's roundabout way of telling us he knows how to ditch us should we embarrass him too much and he just can't take it anymore. :o

Offline bocker3

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:13 pm »
this is just Mike's roundabout way of telling us he knows how to ditch us should we embarrass him too much and he just can't take it anymore. :o

Who???  Me???  Never.................

or would I...................?

Actually, I am looking forward to finally meeting your wonderful people -- a tad strange, but wonderful.

Mike

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 05:38:34 pm »
Well, you all might be "crazy" as some suggest - and a healthy fear may be in order

Trust me you've got the right idea.   ::)

-- but I do have one thing up sleeve.  I lived in Boston for a few years, so I DO know how to get around and might just be of value to someone in a situation like, oh, I don't know --- a scavenger hunt.

I want to be on Bockers team!   :D

I should add -- I'm not much into bowing or curtseying (is that a word??), but I'm always willing to give a hug when warranted......

Mike

Aww Mike you've called us out.  That's what AMG is all about!

RAB

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.