Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 15, 2024, 01:28:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37594
  • Latest: FloBeee
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772732
  • Total Topics: 66292
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 171
Total: 172

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just wanted to introduce myself!  (Read 11679 times)

Offline JustAGirl

Just wanted to introduce myself!
« on: July 02, 2006, 11:19:02 pm »
Hello my name is Tiffany I am 27 married and have 4 kids.  I was diagnosed HIV+ in 2002 when I was 2 months pregnant with my daughter I have been + for 8 years.  My hubby was with me when I found out and has been with me through it all he remains negative!  I have had 2 babies they are 3 and 4 now and both negative. I have only been on meds during my pregnancies and a couple months ago due to a hysterectomy.  I am in great health and med free!

I have been looking for support from others in the same boat in my town they only seem to have support for men. I am hoping to find people to vent to when I need someone who understands! I look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Offline Dachshund

Re: Just wanted to introduce myself!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 11:26:12 pm »
Wow, welcome and what a story. You are about to meet some of the best women on the planet. Aw heck, the guys are not too bad either.

Welcome,
Hal :)

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 11:26:47 pm »
Hello Tiffany and welcome to the forums. My name is Teresa and we found out 2 months ago that my hubby is HIV+ while i have tested HIV-.

This is a great site and im so glad that you found it. THe people here are wonderful!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 11:34:58 pm »
Hello Tiffany, and welcome!

We have the greatest positive women here you could ever hope to meet!   I'm sure they will be able to offer you lots of support and guidance....  and some of us old guys have something to say now and then, too !

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 11:55:20 pm »
Welcome to this amazing group of people.  It truly is a family, and if you can't vent to family, well....you know.   ;)

I have had the distinct pleasure/honor of meeting two of the MOST amazing women on the planet this weekend.  If nothing else, you are in good...no...extraordinary company.

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 12:01:55 am »
Hey Tiffany, thanks for sharing your story with us, and welcome to the forums.  You'll find plenty of support and friendship here.

xx
matt

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 04:30:15 am »
Hi Tiffany

My name is Jan and the mother of 6...but they only come home on holidays now, with their own families... ;)

Welcome to the forum..you have found the right place, the guys here are a wonderful bunch and like to keep us ladies safely tucked under their wings..they are very supportive to our needs so don't be shy about asking questions.

Hope to hear more from you.

Hugs
Jan :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 05:05:20 am »
Hi Tiffany,

Sounds like you have your hands full with your family right now.  Glad you stumbled in here though.  Pull up a chair and sit with us for awhile... ;)

John

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 08:13:32 am »
Look no further new friend.

Consider this, your venting arena........though it would also be nice if you just hang out sometimes too. :)
I don't envy you. I raised three kids alone, and they put me through the mill!
I'm very glad that your hubby is supporting, that seems to be a rareity these days.
Nice to meet you...... and welcome aboard! :-*

Lisa
(the one in N.C. ;) )
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 08:24:25 am »
Hi Tiffany
 Like the others have said, welcome to the family, we're sorry you have to join us but we're glad you found us honey. I was diagnosed last Sept. and found this place shortly after that. I can honestly say the wonderful people here have  saved my sanity ( and probably my life) more than once already.
 I am a single mom of eight kids, only 3 left at home thank God! I work full time as a social worker and am doing great, been on meds since my diagnosis and  feel better now than I have in a long time.
 PLEASE, ask  anything you need or want to know, theres always someone here with a good answer. Share what you want, take what you need..
 Again, Welcome....
Hugs
Jena

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 08:40:36 am »
hey Tiffany, nice to meet you  :)
 looking forward to seeing you around soon!

Kate

Offline bluelove

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 08:54:25 am »
Hi Tiffany

Welcome to the forums. This a great place for support and to vent.

I have two teens so right now my house is "drama' central.

Again welcome.

Blue

Offline Cliff

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 09:12:28 am »
Hi Tiffany!!!

Welcome to the forums.  It's great to see more women around here.  We have a great bunch of women (and men) here so hopefully when you need woman-specific issues you can get the support here that is sadly lacking in your area.

Take care,

Cliff

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 09:34:54 am »
Hi Tiffany,
Nice to meet ya'. I'm really happy that you've found this forum.
I've been positive for 16 years and I have found the people here to be a fantastic support system!!
I only found this forum a couple of weeks ago, but it already feels very "homey".
I love this place and the people are great to talk to! ;D

Peace,
Kelly  8)
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 10:19:07 am »
Welcome to the Hotel California, Tiffany!!

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 10:29:30 am »
Hello Tiffany,
Welcome, to these forums.

JOHN(UK)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 11:06:43 am »

Tiffany,

Welcome to the forums, as others have said, it's a great support group!  I am a parent too and if that was not stressful enough now we have HIV thrown into the mix!   Look forward to getting to know you.

Thomas

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Christine

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 01:24:55 pm »
Hello!
I've been positive since '93, and am also married to a negative man. No kids, 4 dogs. I am glad you found the forums, it is wonderfully support.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 02:12:05 pm »
Hello Tiffany,

Welcome to the forums, i don't have much more to say then the rest of the folks here, this place is wonderful. I have raised 3 boys on my own plus dealing with hiv and i have survived. Well at least i have a little of my senses left lol. I hope you stick around and meet some of the folks here they are wonderful.
Hope to get to know you better.

Love Wendy

jerry

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 02:44:14 pm »
Hello Tiffany.

Welcome to our family here.

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 10:13:45 pm »
Hi Tiffany,

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure with two small kids you keep plenty busy.  It's a good thing you are in good health and med free! 

Look forward to seeing more of you.

Phil
Member since March 2004

Offline kiki06

• Member since June 2006
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 11:25:21 pm »
Welcome Tiffany!

I'm new to the board but not HIV, I've been positive since 1994 as a result of a rape and found out in 1996. I'm a recently single (ex and I were together five years and his negative) mother to a wonderful five year old little boy who is my pride and joy and who is also negative. I've never been on meds except while I was pregnant with my son.

I'm so glad you've found the board, I think you will like it. I have really enjoyed reading and posting every once in a while since I found them, everyone seems really nice and helpful/supportive.

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Kiki
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
           Mother Teresa

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 11:42:26 pm »
Hi There and welcome. This is the best place I have found in my 22 years of being poz. I'm glad you found us, and it is great to hear you are doing so well!
Positive since 1985

tendai

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 07:32:14 am »
hie Tiff. welcome to the forum, its great to have more females around.  i'm also 27 buti'm not married and i dont have kids.  this is a great place

Offline Nadine

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 08:00:15 am »
Welcome to the forums Tiffany. You have really found the best place for support. I am not HIV+ but my husband is, I don't know where I would be now had I not stumbled across aidsmeds a year ago.
Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 08:15:29 am »
Thanks for sharing your situation with us. You'll luv it here. You can learn so much just by reading other people's posts, like an education in of itself almost. Welcome  :D

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 10:30:36 am »
Howdy Justa,

You've come to the right place for support. There are some great women here, some great guys too!

Make yourself at home. Feel free to vent, rant, rave, laugh, whatever. We do it all here.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.