Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:06:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I just got my viral load  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Pek

I just got my viral load
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:48:24 pm »
Hi,
I had the positive result 1 week ago. Today I got my viral load(but not the CD4 testing) and it showed me this results
viral load > 9,462

Is that too much? (I think I was infected around 3 years ago)
Is there some relation with viral load and CD4?
I didnt go to my doctor yet. I think he wants to wait for the CD4 to have another appointment;
Thanks

Offline RemyG1971

• E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa Try it to end the panic
Re: I just got my viral load
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:42:19 pm »
I am still learning myself. VL (Viral Load) is how much of the infection is in your blood, CD$ is how much the infection has hurt your immune system. I believe it is suggested now that no matter the CD4  # you start meds but it used to be 500 & below. To answer your question of 9,000 being too high no I do not think it is. I know when I first tested positive my VL was in the 74,000 and shortly after starting Atripla it dropped to undetectable.

Offline jimbalaya

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:50:51 am »
a viral load of 9,000 is not very high at all...when my partner/husband was dxd, his viral load was around 3 MILLION...a few weeks later it was down to a couple hundred thousand....so 9,000 is pretty low.   :)

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:17:57 am »
Your viral load is not very high, but I understand your concern..My viral load the first time I got it was around the same and when you don't know what it is, it can sound pretty scary..The highest my viral load got to be before I started meds was 250,000...but like a previous poster stated, it can be in the millions

Offline Pek

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »
thanks for all the answers

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.