Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sudhir Paul, Ph.D. UpDate  (Read 45318 times)

Offline tatosao24

Re: Sudhir Paul, Ph.D. UpDate
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2012, 12:33:59 am »
This fund rasing started in Dec 2011. Is for human trials. Previus raising was for pre clinical studies which have already taken place and this allows ARF to go foward to human trials.

Anyone else knows anything else about this?

Offline Cosmicdancer

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »
I'm not sure if there's another thread re: abzyme research, but here's the thread I found, even though no one has posted anything in it in over 8 months.  I got an email yesterday from the Abzyme Research Foundation because I made a donation towards their $50,000 goal.  Here's what it said.

"I am thrilled to report that we hit our initial $50,000 goal!  Over 375 donors  came together to make our first presentation to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) possible. I am incredibly thankful for your support, and very excited to take our first step towards receiving FDA approval for a new HIV/AIDS vaccine.

These funds will be used to employ Dr. Ellen Cooper as our chief FDA Regulatory Adviser. ARF is honored to work with such a prominent and respected figure in the field of HIV clinical studies.

Dr. Cooper is a graduate of Case Western (M.D.) and Johns Hopkins (M.P.H.), and her incredible achievements include:
·       Founding Director, Division of Antiviral Drug Products at the FDA (’88)
·       Vice President and Director, Department of Clinical Research and Information at AmFAR, and Chair, (’91-’93)
·       Chair, Therapeutics Coordinating Committee of the Office of AIDS Research at the National Institute of Health.  (’93-’96)

In short, we believe there isn’t anyone more qualified to lead an innovative new therapeutic vaccine through the complicated process of FDA approval for testing in humans.

Thanks for supporting us!  This year we tackle the FDA, next year a human trial!

All my best,

Zachary Barnett
Founder, Executive Director
Abzyme Research Foundation"
Summer, 2007 - &$#@?
November, 2007 - Tested poz, 300,000 vl, 560 cd4
Feb, 2008 - 57,000 vl, 520 cd4, started Atripla
2/2008 - 5/2015 - undetectable on Atripla
May, 2015 - UD, switched to Complera
September, 2015 - UD, 980 cd4, switched to Stribild (Complera interacted with acid reflux medication)
January, 2016 - Stribild, UD, 950 cd4
June, 2016 - UD, 929 cd4

Offline Matts

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 06:04:45 pm »
Thank you for making a donation:)

will this work against latent cells?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:59:51 pm by Matts »
Dovato

Offline Cosmicdancer

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 11:31:05 am »
This is a "covalent vaccine" that produces antibodies or "enzymatic abzymes" that target a coat protein on HIV called gp120.  It's a region of HIV that does not mutate, so it is considered an achilles heel of HIV.  I don't know if the vaccine targets latent cells infected with HIV, but if the vaccine works in humans, the memory B-cells would bind to this region and destroy any active HIV before it infected new cells and ultimately eradicate the infection.  It has induced protective antibodies in mice, rabbits and rhesus monkeys according to the Abzyme Research Foundation. 

http://abzymeresearchfoundation.org/science/whats-an-abzyme/

http://abzymeresearchfoundation.org/science/immunotherapy-prophlaxis/

If you enlarge the text in this link, you can see the data from studies in monkeys.
http://www.uth.tmc.edu/pathology/research/circ/documents/PlanqueAIDS2012_poster.pdf
Summer, 2007 - &$#@?
November, 2007 - Tested poz, 300,000 vl, 560 cd4
Feb, 2008 - 57,000 vl, 520 cd4, started Atripla
2/2008 - 5/2015 - undetectable on Atripla
May, 2015 - UD, switched to Complera
September, 2015 - UD, 980 cd4, switched to Stribild (Complera interacted with acid reflux medication)
January, 2016 - Stribild, UD, 950 cd4
June, 2016 - UD, 929 cd4

Offline Mishma

• HIV drugs are our Allies but hardly our Friends
    • Marquis de Vauban
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »
Cosmicdancer: Thanks for the links.

As a free monoclonal catalytic antibody, to my mind, would not have any effect on latently infected cells as they do not express/secrete viral particles until activated.

Since they are produced artificially outside the body they would not have any physical association with the host B cells and thus could not lead to memory cells expressing the catalytic antibody. 

But by altering the the structure of the HIV envelope gp120 they would allow access to other naturally occurring antibodies reactive to newly uncovered regions (epitopes) of the viral membrane. Binding of these, plus additional signals from other cells, of the immune system would allow those reactive B Cells cells to differentiate into activated B-Cells which in turn would become either memory B cells or antibody secreting plasma cells.

I haven't found anything about the half-life of these Mabs, perhaps others here have that answer.

2016 CD4 25% UD (less than 20). 30+ years positive. Dolutegravir, Acyclovir, Clonazepam, Lisinopril, Quetiapine, Sumatriptan/Naproxen, Restasis, Latanoprost, Asprin, Levothyroxine, Restasis, Triamcinolone.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:00 am »
Hate to burst the bubble but...
 I was on a phase II trial of a therapeutic vacine that targeted the same protein during the first half of the 1990's. Big fat zero effect.

Just because people rave on about conspiracies doesn't make the study any more likely to succeed. Save your money.

Offline sam66

• Keep The Faith ; Fight The Fight
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 11:51:34 pm »

Hate to burst the bubble but...
 I was on a phase II trial of a therapeutic vacine that targeted the same protein during the first half of the 1990's. Big fat zero effect.

Just because people rave on about conspiracies doesn't make the study any more likely to succeed. Save your money.

Most will fail few will succeed, doesn't mean you shouldn't try  :'( stupid attitude
december 2007 diagnosed +ve ,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.