Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 01:51:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773099
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 298
Total: 299

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Blog keeping diary on HIV meds.  (Read 3198 times)

Offline EUROLOVE

New Blog keeping diary on HIV meds.
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:50:21 am »

'm a 31 year old guy, very optimistic in character and with huge dreams! So far my life has been amazing! Then last year I found out I had HIV, I wasn't to surprised since I had been engaging in some self destructive sex- patterns, though it did hit me quite hard and I lived in denial for over a year. Then recently I decided to face the reality and deal with it. So today I will start treatment, and I decided to make this blog as a way to keep a record of my new commitment. I will take one pill of Stocrin and one of Truvada before I go to sleep in about 2 hours, I am scared but optimistic and at the same time grateful to all those that make it possible for me to at least have this option. I am scared of the side effects it will have on me both physically and mentally, yet I will from this moment on try to think about the good things, and not the possible bad. I will get through this and if the scary side effects occur I will deal with them.  But every night before I take my meds I will think positive thoughs, remember who I am and what I want in this life! This disease will not kill me nor will it define me!

Wish me luck tonight.

Just Me

http://justmeandhiv.blogspot.se/

08.23.2012 CD4 320
08.27.2012 CD4 540?
09.04.2012 STARTING MEDS TODAY.

Offline RWR

• if You think You can’t you can’t
Re: New Blog keeping diary on HIV meds.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:08:37 am »
Good luck EuroLove.  I wish I had kept a blog or journal like so many on here.  I have my original test papers. I thinks it is important looking back.Your positive attitude is important.  Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Rockin

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:19:53 am »
'm a 31 year old guy, very optimistic in character and with huge dreams! So far my life has been amazing! Then last year I found out I had HIV, I wasn't to surprised since I had been engaging in some self destructive sex- patterns, though it did hit me quite hard and I lived in denial for over a year. Then recently I decided to face the reality and deal with it. So today I will start treatment, and I decided to make this blog as a way to keep a record of my new commitment. I will take one pill of Stocrin and one of Truvada before I go to sleep in about 2 hours, I am scared but optimistic and at the same time grateful to all those that make it possible for me to at least have this option. I am scared of the side effects it will have on me both physically and mentally, yet I will from this moment on try to think about the good things, and not the possible bad. I will get through this and if the scary side effects occur I will deal with them.  But every night before I take my meds I will think positive thoughs, remember who I am and what I want in this life! This disease will not kill me nor will it define me!

Wish me luck tonight.

Just Me

http://justmeandhiv.blogspot.se/

08.23.2012 CD4 320
08.27.2012 CD4 540?
09.04.2012 STARTING MEDS TODAY.

Hey man, THAT'S the spirit! Don't worry about side effects unless they actually occur and live your life as close to how you lived before your diagnosis as possible. You are healthy and that's all that matters.

And if an asshole rejects you because of your status then he didn't really love you to begin with. There will be others.

Offline EUROLOVE

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:37 am »
Thanks for the good feedback guys, 2 days in now and I'm feeling pretty good. Much of luck and love to you all.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.