Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:18:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 205
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: POZ Forums Technical Problems: Report Them Here  (Read 191300 times)

Offline Tim Horn

POZ Forums Technical Problems: Report Them Here
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »
Please post Forums technical problems here.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:25:34 am by iana5252 »

Offline Basquo

Re: POZ Forums Technical Problems: Report Them Here
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:28:30 pm »
The forums look different, there is no forum roster out to the left just stats, and Quendalon is online. Is there a problem? New software?

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 02:05:54 pm »
The new edition makes my avatar kinda squashed on the sidebar but not in posts
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »
squished avie to the left :o and now everything starts much, much further down the page. I haven't decided yet if the awesomely cuter emoticons ;D :o ;) make up for having to scroll further down to reach actual content - but the color scheme is nice.

Are you going to be able to add words to spellcheck yet?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:22:50 pm »
The forums look different, there is no forum roster out to the left just stats, and Quendalon is online. Is there a problem? New software?

Yep, we've upgraded the Forums from SMF 1.1 to SMF 2.0. Functionality, on the user side of things, shouldn't change all that much, though we did reintroduce the ability of members to "ignore" other members (you can do this by clicking on the person's profile and either adding him/her to your ignore list (or buddy list, as they case may be). Other than that, the upgrade provides a lot of functionality on the back end of things, including reCAPTCHA registration requirements to help us weed out spam bots (we've been dealing with between 200 to 300 spam registrations on a daily basis).

The new edition makes my avatar kinda squashed on the sidebar but not in posts

Yep, I see that too. Will see what I can do about that.

Tim
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:07:47 pm by Tim Horn »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:30:43 pm »
though we did reintroduce the ability of members to "ignore" other members
w00t! I might just use that some now  ;)

I do like the way quotes look. (although in the reply function right now, all the left sidebar has disappeared.)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:26:32 pm »
Not so much a technical problem as a colorblind problem.  Is there a way to change the color hues?  I can barely differentiate the colors and everything seems to bleed and blend together?
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:51:57 pm »
Yer think what is a link and what is not kinda fey in distinction
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Raf

• Bald by choice
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:13:36 pm »
Yikes, the forum looks somewhat different now.
Dx: 05/14/2008
Latest HIV Meds combo I've been taking:

Kaletra + Combivir (since 05/16/2008 - 05/09/2019)
Acriptega (05/10/2019 - today)

Offline edfu

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 06:20:03 pm »
The Welcome message appears on every single page, and I can't get rid of it.  And how do you go from one subject thread to another, since they aren't listed anymore in the left-hand column (e.g., from "Living with..." to "Off Topic")?   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »
The Welcome message appears on every single page, and I can't get rid of it.  And how do you go from one subject thread to another, since they aren't listed anymore in the left-hand column (e.g., from "Living with..." to "Off Topic")?

To close the Welcome message at the top of the Forums, simply click on the box in the subhead bar to collapse the window:

image broken

I'll get the Forums index back into the left frame.

Tim
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:19:25 pm by iana5252 »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »
Any chance on changing the red color of the forum titles?  Red is just too suggestive for this type of forum, IMHO.  Even black would look better.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »
Wow!  Things look different! I have a 32 inch monitor and still have to scroll and look around to kind of get familiar with the new layout and color scheme. I'll try out the functions as I go.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »

I'll get the Forums index back into the left frame.

Look for a << symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the index if your index is appearing across the top of the page. Click on the << symbol and the page will reload, putting the index back on the side.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 12:34:23 am »
Click on the << symbol
I don't have that symbol :'( and only have "user", "stats" and "search" in the left column (which is totally gone during posting a reply)

on forum listing on the left, no << symbol

no left column during posting
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:19:48 pm by iana5252 »
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 01:30:00 am »
I don't like the red colour for the forums headings. Little icky.

Also, I haven't figured out how to move straight from one forum to the other. If I wanna go straight from "Off Topic" to "Living With" for example??
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 02:05:27 am »
I don't like the red colour for the forums headings. Little icky.

same color as the type in your avatar, darling
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:57 am »
Look for a << symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the index if your index is appearing across the top of the page. Click on the << symbol and the page will reload, putting the index back on the side.

I don't have this symbol.  Any chance the topics will be put back on the left side?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 06:58:07 am »
I don't have this symbol.  Any chance the topics will be put back on the left side?

Sorry, my mistake. Some of my pages are a little different due to being a mod. :o

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 07:23:44 am »

Also, I haven't figured out how to move straight from one forum to the other. If I wanna go straight from "Off Topic" to "Living With" for example??

Use the "Jump to" drop-down box at the bottom of the page, in the lower right-hand corner.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 10:06:04 am »
Use the "Jump to" drop-down box at the bottom of the page, in the lower right-hand corner.

That's not very useful -- it's extremely cumbersome to scroll WAYYYYYYYYYYYY down every time you need a certain function. What moron SMF web designer would place that down there?

If Timothy H. has the abilities to move that box somewhere up top it would be great.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:36 am »
That's not very useful -- it's extremely cumbersome to scroll WAYYYYYYYYYYYY down every time you need a certain function. What moron SMF web designer would place that down there?

If Timothy H. has the abilities to move that box somewhere up top it would be great.

Workin' on it now.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »
I've coded a Forums Index for the left panel and it will appear on all pages in the Forums. Note that I've made the Forums Index and Stats blocks collapsible - just click on the "-" or "+" signs in the header box for each to open or close them.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 02:44:40 pm »
Thanks, Tim.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 12:00:10 am »

Second that as in same question.

Function wise, this may be better, but design wise, I liked the previous version better. Or may be I will forget the first one soon and get used to with this one.

Question on the ignore option, that would only work for PM or on the thread also? Just a question

Since (who wonders if he will be talking to himself soon)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 12:17:42 am »
I've noticed that now when creating a new PM the "To" field isnt auto-populated with names as you type. I now have to type in the full name (and remember exactly how that name is spelled).

Not a huge issue mind you, but if its an easy fix it would be nice to have that back again.

great job so far Tim and co. !

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Growler

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 01:13:27 am »
I'm using firefox 6.0
I'd just finished adding a photo to my profile and then I clicked on the "Show Own Posts" link on the profile edit page.

I was then taken to the following page:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=profile;u=71147;area=showposts

The page was blank except for the following message:

Incorrect key file for table './adms_forums/smf_sessions.MYI'; try to repair it

GROWLER

Addit: Just clicked on the page link and this time it worked perfectly, went straight to my own posts.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:15:03 am by Growler »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 08:03:10 am »

We've had problems with PHP spell checkers in the past. Are going to try one out on another community forum before rolling it out here. Will hopefully have a functional spell checker available here early next week.

Question on the ignore option, that would only work for PM or on the thread also? Just a question

Good question, actually. If anyone has gone ahead and put others on their "ignore" lists, could you let me know -- privately -- if you're still seeing Forums postings from those individuals?

I've noticed that now when creating a new PM the "To" field isnt auto-populated with names as you type. I now have to type in the full name (and remember exactly how that name is spelled).

I'll look into systematic autofills, but your own computer's cache should do a good job of recalling names you frequently type into the "to" field when sending a PM.

Tim 

P.S. I realize it's never easy getting used to SMF upgrades and I appreciate everyone's patience and feedback. If anyone notices anything particular useful about the upgrade, from a user's standpoint, please note tips and tricks as well. And I will say that from a admin/mod standpoint, the upgrade is already proving to be a blessing. Instead of waking up to 150-plus account approvals to weed through, this morning we had a grand total of six account reviews pending.

Offline Bad Girl

• I see you!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 09:28:04 am »
Hi everyone, this is Bad Girl, Ann's bitchy alter-ego. She only brings me out when there's new software to play with, so I haven't been seen in these forums since around 2006 when we first switched from FuseTalk to SMF.

Remember what Ann said about there being >> or << symbols? Well, we do all see them, but we plebs only see them in our profile pages. (and that stupid bitch was wrong about anyone seeing them in the general forum pages - duh!) You'll find them next to our profile info, which may be showing to you as a middle column, or it may be showing as a bar at the top.

If you see a bar, clicking on << will change it to a column. If you see a column, clicking on >> will change it to a bar. Personally, I prefer a column; your mileage may vary.

I checked out the ignore function. I had to go into my profile and under "modify profile", I clicked on "buddies/ignore list". Once I was on that page, I clicked on the ignore tab. Then I added that smarmy git newt and came back to this thread.

I could still see that newt had posted, and I could also choose to see his post. I admit it, I was weak and peeked at his post, even though I ignored him. What am I like? Sheesh!

Now heads up, everyone. If you put someone on your ignore list, not only will their posts be blanked out (with the option to view), but they will also not be able to send you PMs.

HOWEVER - and this is where it may get confusing....

If you only want to ignore PMs, you can go into your profile under "modify profile" and click on "look and layout". On that page, in the list of changes you can make you'll see "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list". If you un-check that box you'll see their posts, but not their PMs.

You can take a member off your ignore list by going into your profile, going to your ignore page, and clicking on the red X that appears next to their name.

Another thing that is different now is that EVERYONE'S email address is hidden.

Let me repeat that - EVERYONE'S email address is now HIDDEN.

If you want members to be able to email you anyway, go into your profile, click "modify profile", click "account settings" and check the box that says "Allow users to email me". If you do this, the member who emails you will not be able to see your email address. You then have the choice of whether or not to email them back, using your account and allowing them to see your address.

This is what it says in the SMF help pages: Allow users to email me - A member may choose to allow other members to contact them via email. The forum does not reveal the member's e-mail address, but instead provides a contact form.

If there's any other questions members may think I can help with, please ask in this thread. It can be handy being a moderator's alter ego! :D

In badassness,
Bad Girl
Bad girls have more fun.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 09:33:58 am »
Bad Girl, as you and others can now see, you're under a warning for calling me a stupid bitch. You didn't really think you'd get away with it, did you?

Folks, this is a new function that we mods are currently creaming ourselves over. We're still figuring out exactly how it works, and we won't be using it here until we are sure how it works. The fine folks over in Am I Infected will be our first guinea pigs. When we know exactly what we're dealing with on a practical basis, we'll make all the necessary changes to the Welcome Thread and let people know.

As Tim says, we appreciate everyone's patience and feedback.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Bad Girl

• I see you!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 10:16:51 am »
I mean it!
Bad girls have more fun.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 12:01:52 am »
I must be the only person who is having an issue with the colors.  It's no secret amongst all my peers that I respect, the issues I have with my eyes.  I really don't like the background colors.  Black and white work great ;D 

Greg

Offline buginme2

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 12:30:10 am »
At the bottom of each page is a drop down menu that allows you to click It, select the topic (such as Living with HIV) and then it jumps to that category.

If you are using an Iphone (which is usually how I view the forums), the drop down menu only lists the topic you are currently viewing, all the other choices are missing.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 07:47:39 am »
I must be the only person who is having an issue with the colors.  It's no secret amongst all my peers that I respect, the issues I have with my eyes.  I really don't like the background colors.  Black and white work great ;D 

Greg

Greg, I understand you have issues with your eyes. (I'm astounded at the fortitude with which you have dealt with that - particularly when it was really bad. Respect!)

However, the background colours are identical to the ones in the previous software. Alternating posts are a very light blue/grey and a very slightly darker blue/grey. Perhaps I'm missing something - could you be a bit more specific? Did you have a similar problem with the old software?

Please understand that I'm not being dismissive. I'm sure you're not the only person with visual difficulties and we want to ensure these forums are as accessible as possible for all.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 07:50:29 am »
At the bottom of each page is a drop down menu that allows you to click It, select the topic (such as Living with HIV) and then it jumps to that category.

If you are using an Iphone (which is usually how I view the forums), the drop down menu only lists the topic you are currently viewing, all the other choices are missing.

I've seen that myself and I've seen that with a PC, a laptop and a netbook, even with the previous software. However if you give it a couple seconds, the rest of the forums do appear. Maybe you're not giving it enough time? Try it out and let us know.

BTW, I've never accessed the forums through a phone. Do you not see the left-hand column? The index is now appearing there again - Tim fixed it yesterday.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wolfter

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 09:48:35 am »
Thanks Ann.  The old layout worked perfectly for me.  I have a difficult time with the blue words on blue backgrounds.  After just a few moments of reading, everything becomes hazy, I think due to straining to read.  I've tried adjusting my hues, but it affects every other site I visit.  It's like I have to change it just for AM.

I'll play around with it and see if I can resolve it here.  I have everything zoomed at 400% and maybe that's skewing everything. 

Modified:  Somehow I ended up with a pink background with black text and I can see it all really well now.  I'll stop messing with the colors and live with pink for this site.  It sure is ugly, but very functional.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:03:12 am by wolfter »

Offline buginme2

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 10:47:39 am »
I've seen that myself and I've seen that with a PC, a laptop and a netbook, even with the previous software. However if you give it a couple seconds, the rest of the forums do appear. Maybe you're not giving it enough time? Try it out and let us know.

BTW, I've never accessed the forums through a phone. Do you not see the left-hand column? The index is now appearing there again - Tim fixed it yesterday.

I tried it again on my Iphone.  It still only lists the page you are currently viewing.  The other pages do not appear (and I waited awhile).

The index on the left appears fine, just the jump to scroll at the bottom.  The jump to scroll is the method I had grown accustomed to using because on such a small phone it was easier to use, often times if I used the links on the left I would end up clicking the wrong thing (because of the small screen). 

>>>>speaking of which...I have accidentally clicked "report to moderator" about a dozen times..its cause I'm usually using my phone and end up clicking it by mistake (small screen).  I'm really not "reporting" that many times  ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:49:48 am by buginme2 »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 11:08:43 am »
However, the background colours are identical to the ones in the previous software.
I had an issue at first also because the colors in this theme are somewhat different from what was used in the previous version. I had to adjust the contrast on my monitor to make all the subtle differences standout a bit more. this theme is gray on gray with gradient blue headers (with the difference in post backgrounds almost negligible), while the last one was slate blue and gray
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 01:06:29 pm »

>>>>speaking of which...I have accidentally clicked "report to moderator" about a dozen times..its cause I'm usually using my phone and end up clicking it by mistake (small screen).  I'm really not "reporting" that many times  ;D

You must not be completing the report process because I don't really recall any reports from you - certainly not the numbers you're implying.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline buginme2

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 01:10:23 pm »
Okay good.  When I usually try to hit the "X" and stop the page loading when I do it.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »
woohoo, i've got the left column back now when I'm posting a reply.

but the emoticons seem to have reverted to the old ones. :'(

it's good to see the site back online after all those hrs yesterday. Thanks for all you're doing Tim to improve the site and to keep it going.  :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline buginme2

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2011, 09:33:51 pm »
The quick links jump to drop down box also doesn't work on an IPad

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 02:36:10 pm »
Tim

I can't open my pms.  I click on the subject line and it says it's taking me to message # whatever, but nothing happens. 

I sent Ann a pm asking if something has changed, she responded that she's flumoxed.  The pms are coming through to my e mail account, but because I can't open a specific pm I can't respond to it without sending a whole new message.

RAB :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 03:20:25 pm »
RAB, can you scroll down to the message? Not as convenient as a click, but it will still get you there - or at least it should!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »
RAB, can you scroll down to the message? Not as convenient as a click, but it will still get you there - or at least it should!

Yep, that works!  Thanks Ann.

But you're right it's a wee bit inconvenient.

RAB :)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 03:23:38 am »
Creating Captions For Profile Pic

When I changed my pic and tried to add a new caption to go under my profile pic, the box to do that was squished.  All I could see were the tops of the letters I was writing.  So, I just had to wing it and hope it came out right.  It didn't.  I misspelled a word. 

Anyone else having this issue?  Or, just my stupid, antique laptop again?  Not the biggest tech issue, I know.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 05:25:05 am »
Mine looks fine Ted, and so does yours for that matter. When was the last time you updated your browser? I remember having "text box issues" one time when I was running an outdated browser.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:32 am »
if you're running IE, clicking on the compatability button (the icon that looks like a ripped in half page, that is to the right at the end of the address/url box, before the refresh and stop buttons) often fixes oddish problems with this website - especially if you get the "jumping textbox" problem
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline buginme2

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2012, 06:30:39 pm »
Hi

This is kind of a technical problem.  Last couple of days you have been running an ad for Kaletra that is sort of a popup that doesn't go away unless you click on the little x on the corner. 

I mainly view the forums on my IPad or IPhone and that pop up is nearly impossible to click away.  When you move the screen to get near the x the ad in turn moves farther away from you.

It's vexing

Thanks for listening.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 06:40:01 pm »
It used to be that when that ad appeared you would make one x-click and it would go away at least for several days, or maybe a week before re-appearing. About an hour ago it appeared for me and then it would re-appear with every damn page reload. At least until I sent someone else here a PM asking if they were seeing the same thing over and over, and then suddenly after sending the PM the ad went away.

We'll see how this plays out. Maybe it was just a glitch, though in the past when odd behavior suddenly appears the database becomes fucked up the next day and the entire forum disappears for "maintenance" :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.