Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:42:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 584
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My turn......  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Robert

My turn......
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:58:51 am »
I left yesterday (Monday) morning.  DRove down the penninsula from SF for my Dr's appointment in Fremont.  It's 24 miles and only took 1 1/2 hours (it was in the Chronicle this morning that SF has one of the worst commutes in the country, 2nd only to LA).  Left at 7:30A and arrived just in time for my 9A.  Got my results (t-cells 598...38%...VL.. undetected). Then talked to my Dr about all things HIV including the the weekend (wonderful), my general disposition (blah), fatigue, my latest chest X-Ray (just OK...a lot of scarring.) etc etc.  Finally hit the road and got home around 4P.

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend.  I drank too much but it's the one time of the year I let loose. I drink.  I dance.  I talk.  I have a good time.   It's worth it.  As you all know,  I'm terrible with names.  It's take a year, as those from last year know.  NOt to worry, though.  We'll do this again next year and I'll be on a first name basis with everyone.

hugs and kisses to you all.....robert

Offline JohnOso

Re: My turn......
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:33:33 am »
Robert,

I was so pleased to be able to meet you in person finally.  I want to thank you for driving us around on a tour of the City and giving the "insider's" view of things. It was a spectacular afternoon to be with you, David (Blixer), Mark (Aztecan) and Alan (AlanBama).   Hopefully Ron and I will be able to make it up to Red Bluff at some point and we will be able to meet with you and your "other half."

You are one of the sweetest people on the face of the earth.

Big furry hugs,
John

Offline Blixer

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:46:37 pm »
Robert,

I'm so blessed by getting to know you and all the others.  Thanks so much for being one of the encouragers  to get me to step out and come to AMG.  I had the most wonderful time.  You have a very special spirit about you!!!  The Saturday afternoon tour was great although after looking at my pictures either I close my eyes a lot or you have that special knack of snapping the picture right when I blink.  But I've got lots of fantastic memories.  Thanks for all you did!

I'm a bad one with names too. But I did manage to get several names committed to memory.  I'm already planning on being there next year.  Maybe year 2 will help me to master all of the names.

And great news on the lab results!

Hugs,
David
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:45:01 pm »
All I can say Robert is, God you know how to party and have a good time. Thanks for the night out in the Castro district. If all you want to do is hear my accent, I'll be more than glad to hang out with you anytime and talk your arm off. :D Thanks for showing me a good time. Hope we can do it again soon.

Rodney 

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 06:49:06 pm »
Sorry to hear about the nightmare traffic jam.  1 1/2 hrs to Fremont is pretty harsh.

It was great meeting and hanging out with you, and I look forward to the next time we can get together.

You know where to find me   8)

JR
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 11:36:35 am »
Robert

Hugs and kisses back at you buddy.  I think you're a pretty special man and the art work you did for the CD turned out beautifully.

Thanks guy.

RAB   :-*

(P.S. I put it in the mail today.)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:01:49 am »
It's 24 miles and only took 1 1/2 hours (it was in the Chronicle this morning that SF has one of the worst commutes in the country, 2nd only to LA). 

Imagine if you will... Living in Seal Beach and working in Santa Monica-  That is scary ::) Have the best day
Michael
(who really is,  not a country boy) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.