Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 01:38:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Intro Thread Hi Everyone!!  (Read 10253 times)

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
My Intro Thread Hi Everyone!!
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:29:28 am »
My name is Tre'Vera, I am a 26 year old mother of one and have been positive since 10/16/06,I was infected by a man I was seeing for 7 years more on than off. Since finding out my status life has been a wild ride!! I mean real wild!! my first day at the clinic I was embarrassed by a nurse and in then talked down to by a social worker who barely knew if she was coming or going!! I am so happy that I found this forum, where everyone knows how I feel and there are women here able to help guide me along the road if I should ever get lost LOL!!! Well n-t-wayz I don't know where I would be without Christ!! I am nothing without him!! My faith has gotten me through a lot of hard times. Especially during the last year and half or so!!  after doing some research I found there is not a lot of support for many of us in Ohio. I have learned a lot from the last year and a half mainly how to Love me ....how to forgive. I found that holding on to the anger slowed my healing mind body and soul so I had to learn to forgive quickly!!

If there is anything you would like to know about me anything at all!!! please ask I will tell you.

Tre'Vera
2008 Miss Ohio Plus America
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline thandi

Re: My Intro Thread Hi Everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 05:15:00 am »
Hi everyone

I m Tandy from South Africa. I also knew about my status in July 2006. I dont go to a support group but I have been motivated to leave my life to the fullest by strong women from this forum. This is also my first post you will get lot of answers from these forums there are so many people who are knowleagable about  this illness and who are living their lives positively. I also want to say hi to everyone and thank you, you are my source of strength.

Tandy

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:01 am »
Hi Tredai

Welcome to the forums, I'm glad to hear you have been able to let go of your anger, HIV is never an easy road to travel but in time you will find out what works and doesn't work for you, just take your time, the first year can be the hardest...the ladies here will look after you so don't hesitate to ask questions.

Thandi

Welcome also, it would be best if you started your own thread that way we can keep track of your posts, it's easy to get lost in someone elses post..I look forward to hearing more from you both.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:26:28 am »
Welcome to both you ladies.  Hope to hear more from you both. 

I've been positive (diagnosed) since 1989, diagnosed full-blown AIDS since 1994.  I've been through a lot of shit.  These women on here are some of the best in the world.  Please join us in the dating thread.  It's not all about dating; it's about our daily lives, stories, struggles, etc. 

Hang in there ladies!
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:01:17 am »
A Big Welcome to both of you ladies.. I glad you both found your way to the forums. The forums have been a blessing for me. Hope to see you in the dating thread..

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 09:10:33 am »
Welcome. Tre'Vera and Thandi,
I am glad you found this forum :)  I have been poz since 94 but just found this forum in the last couple of months. 
Take care,
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline netta

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:35 pm »
Welcome !!!! Ladies!!!!!! This is the place to be and the family here is very supportive, I am also new, been here for a month now. i am a long term survivor.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 06:03:59 pm »
I just wanted to add my welcome to the both of you :)

Offline thandi

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 07:05:43 pm »
Thanx so much ladies for the warm welcome. You sure gonna see me in dating threads I have been reading a lot of your posts you are a bunch of great individuals.

Jan- Thanx I will sure do my intro.

Tandy

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 08:43:38 pm »
Welcome to the forums, ladies.  I just have to echo the fact that you have found yourself among the best group of women in the world.  You are truly part of a wondeful family.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:27:30 pm »
Thank you for the welcome I can't wait to know all of you more!! :)

Tre'
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline catwoman

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 09:51:07 pm »
Welcome!  :)

Offline vivyt

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 11:00:10 am »
Welcome! The women here are wonderful!

Offline Victory101

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 06:45:22 pm »
Welcome ladies. I am also new on here  though I've been lurking for months. I will introduce myself properly one of these days. ;)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 10:57:27 pm »
Hello Victory.  I do hope you'll join us more often. :)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

tendai

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 10:00:39 am »
Hi Thandi Tre Dai and Victory! just adding my welcome..

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 10:19:48 am »
Welcome all..Im Jamie..single mother of 3..dg in 03...
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 09:58:03 pm »
I am new here too

I do not know if you are allowed to post links here but I have a blog and a forum that I started to try to contact women who live in the same rural  area of the UK as I do.
Let me know if I can post links to them ?

I am also VERY angry at the treatment - or lack of - that I have so far had from the consultant I have been allocated -

I live in the UK so can not choose my HIV doctor, and so far have found that the one I have been 'allocated' has been totally upsetting and patronizing and just so unhelpful - I am not yet on any HIV treatment even though my CD4 is 250and i think I should start now -
but the communication with my doctor has broken down - right from the start as I was only diagnosed in Jan 08 although I have probably had HIV for many years - woried I will not get the HIV treatment I need.

I have not as yet 'let go' of my anger

I think my anger is only just beginning  -

in terms of how appallingly women with HIV are treated and how women at least in my part of the world - but probably more so everywhere else in the world as we in the UK are 'supposed' to get 'good' HIV treatment?  - and how women with HIVare hiding away due to the stigma of HIV and he lack of support and understanding

Veritee XX
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 10:01:57 pm »
Hi Veritee-
I believe there are other women here that live in the UK but my geography sucks so don't quote me :)  You can put your link on your signature line so it comes up everytime you post(which I think is in the same place where you put your pic in).

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline WHYME2

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 06:30:44 am »
HI everyone,

37 yr old, 2 kids, from NYC
Married for 10 years divorced for 1yr.
My ex hubby believes he was HIV+ since 2005

took my first HIV test in January 1996 after I had my daughter
NEGATIVE
Next test was March 1, 2008
POSITIVE

I am scared as hell
tired of crying,
and plain ole just tired.

I don't think I can ever come to terms with this.
Ive allready started lying about my doctor visit....
and I peeled off the names of all my meds

I don't even want to see an advertisement or commercial on HIV/AIDS

help >:(
whyme2

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 07:58:27 am »
Dear Whyme

What can I say ? as your name on this forum just about sums it up for me too ???

I too feel like you - why me!

I am 55 years old with one birth daughter who is now 18 and two 'foster' children, who are older but still rely on me to a degree for emotional and other support.

I have only just found this forum too and it is such a great relief to find it.

I live in the UK in a very rural area - where unfortunately is is generally thought that only homosexual men get HIV and women in Africa  >:(- but that it does not exist as any sort of issue for heterosexual women - especially  here in this sleepy English country village.

I too had a HIV test right in the early days of HIV testing and insisted my husband had one too ..........because he is a seaman working away at sea, so I always knew it may be a possibility? But this was about 20 years ago and since felt there was no need whatsoever for either of us to get tested ........

As I have been totally sexually faithfull all our married life so far - 21 years - and before when we were not married but living together.

- and do not use any form of intravenous drugs - although my best friend is a recovering heroin user, so I am not at all judgmental but she is HIV negative happily, but I have taken no related risks for over 20 years so I never thought HIV would be a direct issue in my life!!

How wrong can you be ????

I was so wrong about my husband being faithful like I have been -  and he nearly died of PCP Pneumonia in January this year- 08 -  and then of course it was found he had HIV and then I was tested and found I have HIV too.

It has all been a huge shock - and I feel Evey day - why me?

I hope we can talk on this forum and support each other alongside these lovely women who have been here for a while

Veritee XXX
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 08:17:51 am »
Whyme, welcome to our women's family!  Everything you're feeling is normal given your recent diagnosis.  Just breathe and give yourself time to adjust.  The first year is always the hardest.  I've been HIV+ since 1989 (diagnosed).  I was in a treatment center for alcohol/drugs.  I tested poz February 12th, then on February 15th my 1st husband died.  That was extremely hard to get through, but I did.  I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS in 1994, due to having the wasting syndrome (I weighed 80 lbs, and I'm 5'9"), and a CD4 count of 3.  Back then, they didn't have the medicines they do now, so how I survived is a miracle I suppose.  I have one daughter who's 23.  I got married a 2nd time (in 1991) to someone I met in NA (Narcotics Anonymous).  He eventually went back to shooting up and cleaned out my bank account.  Well, the years passed and right now I'm completing a BS in psychology.  Having HIV/AIDS is definitely better today than it was when I was diagnosed.  If you haven't yet, I suggest getting a therapist to talk through everything with.  I've had onr since 1991, and he's been invaluable.  Please join us in the dating thread.  It's not all about dating.  It's about our daily lives, struggles, support etc.

Veritee, welcome also.  I welcomed you in our dating thread.  I hope things improve for you.  Please continue to check in with us.
  Luv to everyone,
Betty

Offline thandi

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 04:58:37 pm »
Hi Whyme and Veritee

I understand exactly how you  feel I was also diagnosed in July 2006. In my first year hiv was in my mind every minute of the day, It was the first thing in my mind when I wake up and the last thing when I go to bed. I would look at my friends and think they look so happy why me. I would also look at my colleagues at work and think gosh they look so happy they are not like me. But I must assure you it can only get better with time, these days I am happy with my life and I take it as a gift and live it to the fullest. I bought myself a new house I changed my car and I told myself hiv is not going to rule my life I am in control. Hang in there girls and be strong there is a reason for everything.

Thandi

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 05:04:04 pm »
To all new ladies to the forum, big welcome.  It might be difficult initially but things will get better with time. 
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.