Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:59:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 624
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: hand job  (Read 7138 times)

Offline apples

hand job
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:47:23 am »
Went for a massage and the girl gave me a handjob. She was fully clothed, no sex though I touched her Virginia via her underwear.
Had 2-3 opened wounds, though no blood, on the left base side of my penis.. I did not notice any cuts or blood on her hand, though I am scared of the possibility
Like to know the risk level. Pls help to reply asap as I am getting more paranoid.  Thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: hand job
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 12:51:22 am »
Well the "risk level" for this incident is none. Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread to learn about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

That said, all sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least twice a year. A full screen includes an HIV antibody test. Other STD's such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia and genital herpes are much more prevalent and contagious than HIV. If it's been a while since your last full screen or if you've not had one before you might consider making an appointment with your doctor or local clinic.

HIV is not transmitted as a result of handjobs.

MtD

Offline apples

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 12:15:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
So I do not need a test, right?
Is there any case similar to mine that was positive?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:20:22 pm »
Apples,

In over twenty-five years of this pandemic, NOT ONE person has ever been infected with hiv through getting a handjob or any thing else you describe.

You did not have a risk and you do not need to test, unless it is part of a routine sexual health care check up. You only need one of those if you are sexually active - that means having anal or vaginal intercourse and you only need to test once a year, twice a year if you have several different partners.

You do NOT need to test over your massage experience.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline apples

Menstural blood
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 06:07:28 am »
Had an encounter where the girl sat on my tigh. Later, i notice a blood stain on my tigh.(i was wearing pants)  Later, she  had some leaking of mustrual blood on her skirt. I put some newspapers on the car seat and drove her to the nearest toilet. When she got up, there was blood on the newspapers. I folded the papers and put it on the car's floorboard. I do not think I touched any blood.

After she cleaned up, She sat on the same piece of newspaper and I drove her home

I lick her nipple a couple of times

Am I at risk? Pls help to answer soon, thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 08:24:13 am »
Even if you had touched the blood that is not an activity which would have put you at risk. MAYBE if she was definitely HIV+ and IF you had a substantial freshly open bledding wound on your hand then MAYBE there would have been some risk.

Get my drift? You are way overanxious without any basis in HIV science. If you haven't already done so, please read the lesson on transmission, which can be found through a link in the Welcome thread that opens this section.

You weren't in any way at risk for HIV in this situation but you do need to become better educated about transmission in general.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline apples

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 08:00:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I am anxious because about 2 weeks after the encounter, I experienced some pain and strain on the right side of my groin. I still am experiencing this pain. I am afraid that it would be related to the encounter. You know, when the  girl sat on me and  her blood  could have come into contact with any cut openings on my body or on my penis.  I have read up about the disease but the doubt abnd fear is still there.

So, is there any possibility of such a case happening?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 09:18:06 pm »
Apple,

You have already been told you weren't at risk or in any danger over this incident. Yes, we understand blood was involved. Yes, we understand she sat on your leg and got some on your pants. Yes, we understand that you drove her somewhere she could clean up and then you drove her home. Yes, we understand you handled the blood-stained newspaper she sat on in your car. Yes, we understand you licked her nipple.

Now, YOU need to understand that we are telling you that you were not at risk during any of these incidents. Not one of them. You had no risk. End of story.

Feelings of pain and strain in your groin has nothing to do with hiv. Go see your doctor - you may have a hernia from lifting something incorrectly. Whatever is going on, it has nothing to do with hiv and only your doctor can tell you for sure what may or may not be wrong.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline apples

used condoms for all encounters yet now have syntoms
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »
I used condoms for all sex encounters and yet now I have syntoms -
- itch on outer elbows
- rash on neck and body
- tired eyes
- some times blur vision

I never notice any condom breakage

I am confused

Pls reply

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 01:38:23 pm »
I've merged your threads here. It's a rule of the site to only use one thread for all of your entries. So this is where you should always write if you have occasion to do so in the future.

As for your latest concern, you are worrying needlessly. As long as you used condoms for each of those experiences then you were well protected. If a condom had broke you would have known it because it's very visible and the condom looks like a hoop with fringe on your penis.

Your symptoms are not HIV specific in any way. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline apples

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 01:54:27 pm »
Thanks Andy for the quick reply
Just that I check on info on other websites that indicated the syntoms
I have now.
Especially the rashes which I have been having on and off for about 3 months
Also, found some pimples on my body that was mentioned as syntoms in these
websites
My eyes tend to get blurry a little more frequent now

Is there a possibility that infection took place even when I wore condoms?
Or after I took the condoms out, there was some seapage into the penis?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 02:28:26 pm »
There is no such thing as "seepage" through a condom to your penis. Condoms provide very effective protection.

You should be discussing your symptoms with your doctor instead of self-diagnosing with HIV, which you don't have. And do yourself a big favor and stay off of surfing the net. All you will do is find fuel for your fears to no good purpose.

HIV is not your problem. Period. Don't bother giving more details about your symptoms. They have nothing to do  with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline apples

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 04:02:41 am »
Hi! Need your assistance with this query -

I am still having rashes on my body
The rash on my 2 outer elbows has not completely gone away
Sometimes its itch.
Now, the rash has appeared on the left side of my body.
Doctor said could due to sensitve skin or something I eat.

The Doctor's dermasone cream did not stop the itch.
I am going crazy with 'hiv' thoughts
Have always been careful to use condom for oral and virginal sex. No anal
If this is protected sex and safe, why am I having this rash syntoms?

Pls help with reply

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 05:21:02 am »
You don't have an HIV concern.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 12:12:34 pm »
As you have already been told you did not have a risk for HIV. And just because you are still having symptoms that bother you does not by default mean that HIV is the cause. Because it isn't. You should be discussing your problems with your doctor.

There is nothing more we can do for you here in this setting because HIV is not the problem.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.