Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:35:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread # 62- Summer Breeze  (Read 42415 times)

Offline Snowangel

Re: Ladies Thread # 62- Summer Breeze
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42:44 am »
BT- I don't remember you saying your eye doctor shot themself, i am sorry to hear that. I am way past due on a oil change.  I hope you hear from the job soon so you can know what you will be doing.

Cin- I would definately take the lady the walked over with the dog.  I know it is stressful now but just think of the stress that you have if you get someone in there that doesn't pay and or trashes the place.  When I was working in property management, there was some people on Sect 8 that owed a couple hundred bucks, which doesn't seem like much but they were only supposed to pay 8 bucks a month, then others went above and beyond to take care of their place.

Mum- The autism lady sounds nice, I hope she works out. I am trying to get my SO to watch the kids one day so I can come down just for the day.  I wish I could go on the 9th but that is my sons birthday, I would have like the salem tour.  What day do you think would be better for me to just show up? 

Oh, oh jumpy screen- time to go :)
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 09:59:51 pm »
Justa  quick post -- Caller #1 wants to see the inside of the place tomorrow, so we aren't discriminating.  Ice will show the place and we might try to get the couple in the neighborhood already to come by.  This way, we can run the histories on both couples before the weekend.  It'll also lighten the load for Saturday.  I got Caller #4 this afternoon, a disabled vet on HUD who lives a mile up the road.  He was a very nice gentleman and he'll come by Saturday. 

Hopefully this will work out to two showings tomorrow and two on Sat.  Its pretty cool that two callers already live right there and don't want to leave the area.  It really is convenient to everything.

Wish me luck, more tomorrow.

Now I want pizza rolls.   ;D

Where the hell is Wendy?  Weeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn--ddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2009, 06:21:18 am »
Snow, I would say if you wanted to come just for the day, Friday would be the best.  There's the Memorial Service at 11am, then that night is the Meet and Greet.  Saturday would be a good 2nd choice - that's the day of the scavenger hunt.  But as far as really getting to sit down and know people, Friday would definately be the day for that.

Our bedroom got painted yesterday - some places took 3 coats!  Now today we get to move everything back.  It looks terrible without the trim and baseboards, but we can't do those until we get the floor in the end of August / beginning of Sept.  I fell asleep yesterday at 7pm and woke up at 5:30 this morning :o  Funny thing is that I feel like I could go back to sleep for the rest of the day. 

No big plans for today.  I need to get the house cleaned really good.  I hate coming home from vacation to a messy house.  Tomorrow is pretty much mommy-and-the-girls day.  It should be fun - if I can get them all up and ready to leave by 7:15am.  They don't like getting up early.

That's all for me.  Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 06:53:51 am »
Morning all,

Snow, yeah, my eye doctor shot his wife and himself.  They were indicted on several federal charges regarding their medical practice.  The wife was, I believe, an assistant.  His name was Dr. Philip Gabriele.  I always liked him.  He never did anything wrong with me.  It was a huge shocker when the police found he and his wife dead at one of their practices.  I guess they couldn't take the thought of going to prison, and losing everything they had.  I know some people think suicide is selfish, and it really is.  But, people do it for a reason, which is usually desperation.  So, I don't sit in judgment of anyone who's done it or attempted it. 

Cin, sounds good with the showings.  I hope something pans out.

Mum, I've never painted a room.  I have a huge problem with inhalants.  One time I cleaned out a bathtub with bleach, and my lungs were messed up for quite awhile after that.  Paint probably isn't as strong as bleach.  I'd love to see a picture of the room when you're done.      What do you have planned for mom and girl's day?

Yesterday I got my oil changed, went to the eye doctor's to get my records, did a little shopping, and picked up some scripts.  HR still hasn't called.  I will give them this week, as my friend suggested.  I just hate the waiting.  I'm still skeptical about them hiring me when they find out I've got three misdemeanors on my record.  I should have gone to the police, and found out if they could run a background check on me, with me there, so I can see what all it says.  Maybe I can still do that. 

Today I have the yearly women's exam after my volunteering.  Not really looking forward to it, but it's no big deal.  I usually don't have any problems.  I'm going to mention the sweating and crying easily while there, and also my allergies.  I'd love to get an allergy nasal spray.  Nothing other than that.  You all have a good one. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:00 am »
Betty, we all have appointments to get our hair done at 8am - have to leave by 7:15.  Then, we'll go grab breakfast somewhere (maybe Denny's)  and then go to #6's hearing appointment at 11:30.  Not sure what we'll do after that - probably grab a burger and head home.  Hubby and the boys will be doing the yardwork while we're gone.  I wouldn't want to get  home too early and disturb them ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2009, 06:42:05 pm »
Just a quickie.  Mum, that sounds like fun! 

According to a lady from the university I talked to (where they're having that graduate certificate program), I got accepted!  She said my letter went out today.  So, hopefully things will start rolling.  I just have to figure out what to do now.  My brother said when I get the letter, to get in touch with the program's director, then go to financial aid (about loans).  Unfortunately, pell grants won't cover this since it's on a graduate level.  Maybe the director of the program will know about something I can do at the university to take some of the expense off.  Anyway, wanted to let people know.  I'm excited!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 08:47:22 pm »
Hi GFs~

Snow and Mum~ That's really cool that you might get to meet at AMG.  Let us know how the plans go!  I wish I could meet all of you guys someday.  :)

What a whirlwind of a day with these potential renters.  I called the dog-walking lady in the same neighborhood today.  I invited her to see the inside tonight while Ice was there and she said she wasn't interested!   :o  My heart sank.  

So, here I was, with one showing tonight to the couple with the worst credit who don't think they'd have enough money to move in.  Ice got to meet them and gave me a call soon after.  Turns out that the veteran guy made it over there, too!  I had called him earlier today and said he was welcome to stop by tonight.  Ice said he was very nice, and they both grew up in Baltimore so they swapped stories.  Turns out that veteran guy had Sec 8 paperwork and left it with Ice.  I read through everything this evening and I will call his administrator tomorrow to get things moving.

Veteran guy called me directly after he left and said he loved the place, that Ice had done a really good job on it.  When you have brand spanking new carpet and a brand new bathroom, its like no one ever lived there before you, so the veteran guy couldn't stop raving about it.  I think he will be the renter.  I told him if nothing comes up, I didn't see why he couldn't have the place on 9/1.

I have to get the process going so Sec 8 can inspect the place.  I'm still going to have the other Sec 8 lady come see the place this weekend.  It can't hurt until I get an official signed lease from someone.

Whew!  This has been a rollercoaster.  I hope tomorrow goes well when I call the administrator.

Now I need chocolate.   ;)  Also, I think I have had a slight hernia for years (like 15+) and not really known it.  Now my stomach gets tender in one spot like there's a torn muscle, esp if its that time of the month or if my belly is full, or if I roll over in bed too quickly.  The budda belly fat doesn't help, either.  I go to my GYN this Friday so I will ask her about it.  I wonder if pregnant women deal with this as their stomachs expand.  I look like I'm ready to give birth from this lipo.  Sucking it in makes no difference -- it doesn't go anywhere, lol.  I've only gained about 12 lbs in the past 1-1/2 yrs, so I really don't know why I have this pain.  They say hernias are common in obese women.  I'm 5'6" and went from 165 to 180 but not overnight.

Ugh, its always something, isn't it?

Sleep tight, my GFs.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:50:12 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 11:09:17 am »
Morning Ladies---

I hope you all are doing well. Things have been kind of a trip the past few days, nothing with Papi but with my sister. The one who lives upstairs from me. I guess you can say that I really got things off my chest with her on a number of things. All by email of course and she says I am full of hatred. She says this because of how I feel about my other sister who blatantly put my status out to people back home. And even her part in it. She says she had apologized to me but I don't remember her ever apologizing. And if that was her feeble attempt at it thru email, it's a little too late. Now I have never wished her ill will but my other sister, I have. In so many words, I wished her dead. Now she says she has cancer, not my sister who lives upstairs from me but the other. And to be honest, I have no remorse about her having cancer. To me, karma is a bitch and she is getting what she deserves for all the pain she has put me and others in my family through. I don't feel bad about it at all. Don't get me wrong, I have tried to forgive her countless times but she would always do the same thing whenever she got the chance. So, I have no more forgiveness for her, I told my sister this. But it was them who made me full of hate. And that hate has made me a stronger person.

Cindy---I'm glad everyone showed up for the viewing of the house. Once Section 8 inspects the place, if anything is wrong, you will have I believe 30 days to fix the problem. One thing I know is that you will need smoke alarms is every room, at least that is how it is here. And you will need a carbon monoxide detector too. But I am sure your Section 8 renters have probably told you all this already. I know once you get the place rented, it will be a load off your mind. A hernia for 15 years? Really? And no doctor noticed this? How odd.

Just thought I would check in with you all....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:24 am »
BT- Congrats on being accepted! What does that entail or is that what you have to wait to find out/decide?  How did things go at the gyn appt?

Moon- Try not to take it too personally if someone tell you they aren't interested. You will find someone perfect soon enough.  I hope if you decide to go the sect 8 route, the inspection goes well and you get someone in as soon as possible.

Mum- Friday sounds like a good day, now I am trying to decide if I should drive all the way in or take the T part way. Decisions, decisions.  Now that I think about it, I will take the T, I suck driving in Boston. Do you ever watch Rachel Ray, she just had a kid friendly recipes that looked that it might be good- I think she called cheeseburger macaroni and cheese with meatballs or something like that. I just go the woman within catalog, haven't ordered anything yet though.

I am just laying low today with the kids, it poured this morning and it is getting humid now.  One of the 3some wants to see the G force movie with the "gimme" pigs, he will have to wait to after the 3rd :D.  I still want to see the new Harry Potter.

Offline minismom

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 03:32:59 pm »
What a day, what a day, what a day!  After #6's hearing appointment, the audiologist asked, "Have you ever thought about having her fitted for a hearing aide?"  Um, YEAH!  Only since she was a year old - 4 1/2 years ago!   The audiologist said she didn't have the equipment to fit her and made a referral to another audiologist.  I called them today and tomorrow at 2pm, #6 will FINALLY be fitted for her hearing aide.  I was able to fax everything over to their office, so she won't need re-tested tomorrow. ;D  The ENT also wants #6 to get a CT scan of her inner ear and have some genetic testing.

Betty, CONGRATS!! How long will you certification take?  I'm so excited for you.  Good luck with the financial aide part.  That's where we are with Hubby and it's making me crazy.

Cindy, sounds like you got a winner.  That was really fast, too.  I'm glad that everything's worked out for you.

Snow, I LOVE WW.  I just got the last of my order in ;D  Did your catelog have a coupon on it?  If not, PM me and I'll send you the code from my recent catelog.  I'm not ordering anythig from it so you're more than welcomed to it.  I need to PM you our cell phone numbers so you can give us a ring when you get to Boston.  Be sure to at least bring PICTURES of the kids - I want to see them!

After our hair and before the ENT, I went to Gabes and bought a pair of Earth Shoes that on the internet was $119 for only $24!  I have heel spurs and it's very hard for me to find shoes that I can walk in without my back hurting.  These were so comfortable. They are ugly as homemade sin, but they are comfortable!

Not much going on for the rest of the day.  I have housework and laundry to catch up on.  Make it a good one!

Much love,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 06:42:36 pm »
Evening all,

Cin, good luck with the final decisions.

Queen, if that's how you feel, then that's how it is.  I wouldn't do well with a family member who went around telling people about my + status without my consent.  I wouldn't do well at all.

Snow, the pap smear didn't happen.  I just found out yesterday when I went that Medicare only pays for a pap smear every two years, unless there's a history of cervical cancer.  I did get an allergy nose spray, though, so the visit itself was a success I guess.

Mum, I wear shoes for comfort anymore, not necessarily for style.  I don't like to be uncomfortable.  And that's happened as I've gotten older (and wiser).

The graduate certificate program is three semesters-fall, spring and summer.  I'm guessing I will just receive a certificate for drug and alcohol counseling.  It also gets a person ready to take the state test for drug and alcohol counseling.  And if one passes the state test, one gets credentials to put behind the name.  But, the state test costs $150 to take, then another $200 to put the credentials behind the name.  So, who knows what's going to happen.  My best friend seems to think I would make a good therapist. 

Today I went and got fingerprinted for the new job.  I hope it passes alright.  And I gave signed consent for a background check etc.  Tomorrow I go for the drug testing, and they're going to do a TB test.  So Monday I go back for the reading, and they do a physical.  Please ladies, keep your fingers, and toes crossed that everything works out.  I really would like this position.          That's it for me.  You all have a good evening.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 07:21:45 pm »
Good to hear from everyone.  I called Sec 8 and left a voice mail.  Basically there is no background info they can give because they aren't allowed to.  I called the potential renter guy and left a message, saying I had questions about the paperwork.  Ice and I have a good gut feeling about him, in case he fusses about a background check.  His Sec 8 covers all of the rent and everything else is lining up, so we'll see.  I was going to offer to credit the cost for the background check to him on the water bill, so its really no money out of his pocket.  I guess Sec 8 wouldn't consider him for the housing program if his criminal background was bad.  Besides, the guy is retired and Sec 8 will cover all of the rent, so his credit history doesn't make a difference unless he doesn't reimburse me for the quarterly water bill.

Queen~  Sorry to hear about the sibling rivalries again.  I can understand how bitter you must feel about the sis with cancer.  I get like that with my mother and thought about just writing her off.  She can be a full-on bitch and I find that I avoid her phone calls more and more.

Just yest I asked my mother if she got the birthday card and gift cert I sent to her to get her nails done.  (It used to be manicure, pedicure and brow wax, but now its just manicure bec she is getting more ungrateful.  She has everything she could want, so why bother?)  Anyway, she said she got the card and thought it was dumb.  She was pissed bec my brother's three kids are over for a couple of nights and she wanted me to take a day off to help out with them.  I said no bec I am busy trying to rent the townhouse and I work 5 days a week with a commute from hell, in case she forgot.  I didn't say all of that but I just said no.  I got off the phone quick and told Ice I just felt like writing her off.  I go through this shit all of the time, and ungrateful people are more trouble than they are worth.

Enough about me, but I am certainly not calling to see how the day went with the kids.  Tell somebody who cares.  So, yeah, Queen, I'm rowing that bitter boat with you and I don't give a shit.  This isn't good for my health.  My new life is finally starting and it sounds like yours is, too, so be selfish.  Don't worry about everyone else, just you.  It sucks that we are having spats with crazy family members but its their loss, right?

OK, gotta go rest.  Stomach is better today, thank goodness!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:23:28 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2009, 10:20:53 am »
Good Morning Ladies---

Thanks Cindy and Betty. I thought maybe I was just being too hateful about it all but I see from both of your comments that I am not. I let Papi read the emails she had sent me and even he said that she has issues and that I don't need those type of people in my life. And as I like to say," 2 tears in a bucket, motherfuck it." I am starting a new life and I don't need to dwell on people who can't seem to be happy for me.

I woke up today with a major headache. Actually went to bed with one, I think it is because of the heat. It has been very hot and humid here. It's humid now at 90% and suppose to rain. But I also woke up with my sugar being at 79 which is low for me. I hadn't gotten to the jittery stage yet so I grabbed a glass of ice tea which seems to be helping at the moment.

I am also psyched cause Papi bought me a PS3 yesterday. I can't wait to start playing it. But today is going to be kind of busy for me because I have to go and get my hair professionally braided today. That was decided after I curled my hair yesterday, went out in all that heat in about 5 minutes all my curls jus dropped out of my head. The humidity and the fact that when I sweat, I sweat from my scalp. And no amount of hairspray seems to hold my curls.

Well, that's about it for me. I'm going to watch Austin Powers. TGIF ladies... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2009, 10:53:56 am »
HI gfs , I know its been a miniute, I have been depressed some over being so tired in my body. I don't know why, I take vitamins and i finally got some new hormones pills and cream from my gyn. This is suppose to help my libido. My dh is being patient, but frustrated. I think I am in denial about being 51 yrs old !! My oncologist says my body is changing and things slow down at this age. I decided to buy some boost because it has given me energy before, but it is so exspensive. Another thing is I have lost some weight except for my "aids tummy " I can't eat as much as I use to, I think it might be from the hernia. I am still cooking and can't wait to try the peperoni rolls !!! .next week the kids go back to school  already.!!! my 6 yr old grand is going to 1st grade and reading very well already! my 12 yer old is growing up so fast, in midddle school now. They are a joy to me, of course. I am about healed from my surgery and hope my next test in Sept, come out normal with my pap and everything. I am planning on getting a puppy very soon and I cant wait, this will keep my butt busy and get me some exercise, my gf dog is pregnant, she is a shitzu mix and I love shitzu. well I am officially a couch potatoe !!! I sit in front of the tv all day!! I have been doingsome crafts, like crocheting, drawing when I feel like it.
Queen and Moon- very happy for you all and your new life -wish you both the best !!!
Betty- so excited about your new job and your plans to get certified !!!
Has anyone heard from Wendy ???
love to everyone  :-*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:01:15 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2009, 09:55:17 pm »
Hi GFs~

Netta~ Wendy hasn't been on here in ages, I wonder what's up?  Sorry to hear you're feeling fatigued.  Try a short walk in the morning before it gets too hot.  Even 10 minutes helps to make you feel better and gives you a jump start to the day.

Queen~  You got a PS3?  Woo-hoo!  You are set, lol!  I want pics of those braids, too.  ;)

I got two more calls for the TH today bec the ad is running again this weekend.  I have three people to show it to tomorrow.  I'm doing the showing at noon cause Ice and I have the kids and a full day, so we don't want to hang around.  We are still hoping to rent to the veteran guy, but we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket.  You never know, he could call and change his mind, so I want to have plenty of back-up.  Ice and I really like the fact that its guaranteed rent payment if we choose him.

I went to my new GYN today and she was very nice.  I told her about my Budda belly, possible hernia and all that stuff.  She said it didn't feel like a hernia, but it sure was tender when she checked, although not as bad as two days ago.  She thought I should see a GI doc, possibly.  I go to my diabetic doc on Monday and my ID doc next month, so I'll see what the consensus is.  I'm not ready for any GI shenanigans.  I DO have to go for my first mamogram in November when I turn 40.  Yay.   :P

I picked up my Atripla tonight at the pharmacy.  My copay was $25   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D and the retail price for it was marked at $1925!  Whew, that is expensive.  The pills are a little thicker than the Sustiva, so nothing too bad.  I will start them the third week of August or so, right around the 13th anniversary of my husband's passing.  How ironic.

Sweet dreams to all.  Cheech says "Woof.   Snore."

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:58:23 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2009, 11:36:36 pm »
Hey everyone. Boy I miss a few days and I can't keep up!

Betty- Congratulations! I may not know you well but just based on what you have posted I think you would make an excellent counselor. You are a good listener.

Cindy- You are closer to renting... :)

Queen- Enjoying New York?

Mum- When does school start where you're at?

Nothing going on here. I'll talk to you all later!

Offline minismom

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2009, 06:18:09 am »
Andrea, I have no idea when school starts.  I assume some time the end of this month (it is August, right?)  We started a couple of weeks ago.  The kids will have next week off while Hubby and I are away.  We aren't bound by the public school schedule so we can pretty much start and stop when we want.  You don't start until after Labor Day, yes?  Where did the summer go?  For that matter where did the last 7mths go?

Cindy, wouldn't it be great if you actually had to CHOOSE from several potential renters?  I know you and Ice are relieved.

Today is our city-wide garage sale.  Not sure you can count a place whose human population is about 900 as a "city", though.  My mom and I go every year.  We meet just before 9 and head out for a couple of hours.  I have to be back home by 11 to pick up Hubby and the kids.  We're taking them to see "G-force" this afternoon.  Last year I found a wooden rocking cradle that a was handmade for this lady's daughter.  She was selling it and the matress for $10!  I snatched it up quick and gave it to our middle daughter for Christmas for her "babies".  I couldn't believe someone would actually sell something like that rather than keep it and pass it down in the family.  Just never know what you're going to find.

At some point I have to get the kids all packed up and ready for their 8 day venture to my parents' house.  We drop them off on Monday morning. I can't wait ;D

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2009, 07:58:25 am »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I don't know what a PS3 is.  I'm so electronically challenged, it's not funny.  I hope your braids turned out nice, but I'm sure they did.  How long does that take?

Netta, I know, just at being almost 44, how much my body has changed.  You need to be gentle with yourself. 

Andrea, I try to listen to people, because when I talk, I want to be listened to.  I truly believe that what you put out to other people comes back on you, so I try to be careful.

Cin, mammograms aren't anything.  I had to have a lump in my right boob biopsied a couple years ago, and that turned out to be something, but only because the doctor knicked a blood vessel when he was doing the biopsy.  But, it all turned out good.

Mum, where are you and hubby going on your vacation?  You guys sure deserve it.

Today I'm going to look at the front apartment again, and decide if I want it.  My landlord knows I may be interested.  Yesterday I helped my best friend's son move.  He's getting his first apartment with a friend of his.              I don't have anything spectacular planned for today (or tomorrow either).  You all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2009, 09:00:24 am »
BT~  A PS3 is a Play Station III so Queen can play all of her video games, lol.

I am wondering about the guy we want to rent to.  He had a criminal check done by the housing program, so that's got to be good bec he made it in.  He doesn't think he should have to fill out a background check bec Sec 8 "already checked him."  Well, I have no payment history on this guy, but he is new to Sec 8 and the rent would be covered.  The only transaction he and I would have is the quarterly water bill.  OK, so maybe he's good to rent to, Ice and I have a good first impression of him, and his GF who won't be living there works for a reputible employer, so hopefully "he's good people."

Now he told me he smokes and I asked that it be done outside -- the ad said no smoking.  He said he used to have a large dog and may want to get one again.  I said it wouldn't fit through the doggie door and he said he would just open the door and let it out.  

My concerns are a house smelling like smoke if I ever go to sell it and a house with a larger dog bringing in more dirt and trampling up the yard.  I guess if the time ever came to sell, I'd have to repaint, recarpet and resod.  I guess its worth it in the meantime, right?

I just have this feeling that I will go by one time to do a check-up and the house will stink and be filthy from a large dog and cigarette smoke.

Someone tell me something to make me feel better, lol.   ::)

Ice snored all night and I slept in shifts and ended up on the couch.  I feel like a zombie.   :o

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2009, 10:41:31 am »
Cin, all I can say is to stick to your guns.  Don't rent to just anybody.  If you have rules, like nonsmokers, no big dogs, then maybe you should stick to them if that would make you feel better.  If he knows you'll bend on some things, he may expect you to bend on everything.  That's just my opinion.  I understand being flexible; I'm not saying you shouldn't do that.  But, stand firm on things that really matter to you.

Oh, and section 8 doesn't let people with drug felonies on the program.  Other felonies they do.   Although I seem to remember hearing a story about someone having a drug felony and getting on section 8, but I think they had to jump through a lot of hoops.  And I'm not saying people who have had trouble with the law shouldn't be allowed to rent.  Hell, I've had trouble with the law.  Just be careful and be picky.  You have a right to be.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2009, 04:45:02 pm »
Thanks, BT.  :)  I have a right to be picky.   ;D

Turns out only one of the four people showed today.  The fourth person called at 930 am and I said Open House was 12pm to 1pm.  One lady who only saw the ad yest came by promptly at noon with her adult son.  She is ready to move ASAP, is month-to-month where she is and has a good county job.  She just paid rent on her apt and is wondering if she can pay the deposit to me when she gets her apt deposit refunded.  Ice and I are going to say no, but hope that she still tries to rent with us.  She said she had good credit, and if she does, she can give herself a loan via cash advance and pay herself back when she gets the apt deposit refunded to her.

Got two more calls today and Ice spoke with them cause I got overheated downtown.  We went to a VW show and it was HOT.  Ice is a wheeler and dealer so I may just have him call veteran guy and county worker lady from today and see who wins, lol.  I am beat.  More soon.

Queen texted me earlier to see who I picked, lol.  GF, I know its hot as crap up there in NY.  I am ready to shave my head, lol.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:01:20 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2009, 06:39:47 pm »
Betty, we're not going anywhere.  Monday Hubby is going to play golf with my cousin and I'm going to dance class and then out to eat with a friend of mine.  Tuesday I'm having my fasting bloodwork done, then we're driving to Morgantown for breakfast at IHOP then a lupper at Red Lobster.  Later that night, we're going to see the Transformer movie - at 8:20PM :o  Tickets on Tues. are $4.25 all day.  Wednesday we'll figure something out, then we'll pick up Mim that night after dinner.  We leave for the airport at 4am Thursday morning.  It'll  just be nice to keep an adult schedule and not have to worry about naps, diapers, snacks, meds, and bedtimes.  Until the 10th - those are things for Nana and Paw-paw to worry about ;D

Cindy, sounds like you are rolling along quite nicely.  I do understand about trying to get smoke out of the house if you decide to sell it.  We ended up hiring a professional cleaning crew to get out the smell - then found out the new "tenant" was a smoker ::) Not sure why she insisted that we get the smoke smell out. >:(

Netta, sorry you're feeling so down and out.  Is it the heat?  If so, cooler weather is just a few months away ;) 

Back to the laundry - gotta get the kids packed up.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2009, 06:43:26 pm »

Cindy I agree with BT, I would stick to my guns and say no smokers, no big dogs.  I think you are being pretty lenient by even saying he can smoke outside.  The first cold spell or snow we have this winter he will be smoking inside and you know he will.

As for the lady from the county make her come up with the deposit because once she gets in you may have a hard time getting the deposit especially if she is living payday to payday.

Be strong, the right person will come along remember the frog…..ribbit!!!

I missed a few days and it sounds like everyone is so busy.  Have a great day everyone.  Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2009, 09:06:39 pm »
The first cold spell or snow we have this winter he will be smoking inside and you know he will.

That's exactly what I told Ice.  I have no way to control the guy once he moves in -- I'm not a babysitter.  I don't want to throw someone out because they broke their lease by smoking inside.  I know its tough to evict people and I still have a heart.  Still, I don't want smokers in my house. 

County lady's son really liked the bsmt bec its like a seperate little apartment down there.  I was happy that they were happy.  I spoke to Ice earlier and we are going to tell the two potential renters that we need background checks on them both in order to make a decision.  I hope I don't lose them both over this.  I feel bad bec I felt like veteran guy would be moving in, but Ice keeps saying that no one has signed a lease, so we can do what we want.  He's the smooth talker and doesn't take any shit while still being nice.

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2009, 02:17:23 am »
Yeah, my hair turned out nice. Papi wanted it braided back but in small braids. I got it done in Harlem by some African ladies. I never saw a shop where it was just women braiding, I think all of them was African. Two African women got into it and was about to fight, don't ask me what they were saying because they were speaking in their native tongue. Papi has been spoiling me terribly but I am loving it.

Betty-- you are right about fellonies. i had one back in the day but when i applied for section 8 the first time they denied me. Not because I lied about it, I told the truth and even then the felony was 8 years old. The only reason they accept me is because my old case manager wrote a recommendation for me to the head of Section 8. Even then it took me 5 years to get it.

Cindy-- I agree with the others, stick to your guns. If you're willing to compromise then tell him he can only have a small dog. Even though I am a smoker, I would never consider renting a place tha doesn't allow it. Wondering what guy was thinking? Probably that he could get away with it since you wouldn't have to see him for rent. Seems a bit shady to me too.

Man, I am telling you, the PS3 can do a lot of things. Like play blu-ray discs, buy and download games and that is just some of it. I can't remember everything it can do. Well, it is late and I am tired so I will check back later. Sorry if I left anyone out....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2009, 08:29:13 am »
Cin, I agree with Mary.  Where I live, the landlord doesn't care if people smoke.  When I was still smoking, I started smoking outside unless it was raining or cold.  Then I would go back to the inside.  Like you said, you can't be there to watch him all the time.  And, if you allow him to move in, knowing he smokes, you won't be able to get a court to go along with you should you want to evict him because of that.  That, of course, is just my opinion.

Queen, I'm glad your hair turned out.  I thought it was you who had the felony with section 8, but I didn't want to say anything.  I just remembered you telling the story awhile back.  I'm glad Papi is spoiling you.  Don't you think you deserve it after the shit you've been through?

Mum, I forgot about you guys going to AMG.  I wish I could go, but of course that costs money I don't have.  Maybe if I ever get a job, I'll be able to save to go to one.  I think it would be a blast. 

Happy Sunday.

Offline minismom

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »
Just a quick note before I finish the laundry and get the kids packed.  Did I mention they are leaving TOMORROW!!!!  Tonight our church is having a melon feed at Sportsmen's Lake.  Hubby's taking the kids so I can finish up everything here.  He'll use the excuse that the kids haven't had dinner to not stay too long.  I want the kids in bed early so they can wake up early so I can drop them off EARLY!  Did I mention they are leaving TOMORROW!!!!

On a sad note, we weighed Mim today and she's lost a pound since Friday.  So all that good weight she'd been gaining, she's now lost.  We'll weigh her tomorrow before she leaves and my mom will weigh her on Wednesday morning when she gets up.  Yes, we're bringing the scale to my parents' house - not to Boston.  She'll have absorption testing done on August 20th when we see her doc again.

Well, that's all the time for sitting I've got.  Love to you all!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2009, 05:08:02 pm »
Mum your so sweet you deserve the time away with hubby. You will have to fill us in on the AMG.  I read some of the stuff and would be intrested in going next year if it is good.

Cindy, stick to your guns...don't give in to a smoker, you will be sorry.

Gotta run, I have to pack I am going to DC tomorrow and Tuesday for business.  I am taking the MARC train so I won't have to drive and park plus it only costs $22 RT, not to bad.  But it is limited to Mon-Friday.

Have a great evening and I will talk to you all soon. Mary  :)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2009, 09:35:38 pm »
HI GFS~

Well I ce and I planned a lot of outings this weekend, so the kids weren't as bored.  It made the weekend go by super fast so I didn't lose my mind like I usu do when we are all just sitting around.

We got three more calls today for the place -- I told Ice we would because its the beginning of the month.  He has set up for three more people to come by one night this week to look at the TH.

Veteran guy called and left a msg today to call him, I was a little nervous, didn't know what to think.  I called back and he just wanted to make sure he wasn't supposed to do anything else.  I said he needed a security deposit, which I assumed he knew, but he didn't know.  I wrote a letter tonight for him to forward to his administrator in order to get the deposit ready.  I also included some "reminders" in the letter, such as no smoking, no pets over 65lbs and credit check must be done.  I emailed everything to him, and he admitted his credit wouldn't be that good.  I am still on the fence with the smoking thing and the credit has me only slightly worried because most of the pay will be from Sec 8.

I also called the mom and son, left a message, and asked her to send over any recent criminal background check info, and also asked her to fill out the credit check info.

Potential renter people don't want to fill out paperwork for anything!  Everyone has a sob story about credit or little money or whatever.  I figure the serious ones will fill out the paperwork.  LOL  We'll see what happens and at least we have three more potential lookers for this week as well.

Mum~  I'm sorry to hear about Min's weight.  I can't see how kids that age and that active can keep any weight on.  Ice's youngest is a very very petite child, almost 8yo, and when she's turns sideways , you can't find her.  She eats and eats, its nuts!  I hope that some starch will help Min.  I read that you were putting more protein shakes and such in her diet, right?  I always thought protein curbed hunger, made you less hungry the higher the grams of protein, so wouldn't she eat less then?  Does it also build muscle as well?  I can't recall but maybe thats why the docs want her eating more protein?

Yeah, the smoking thing with veteran guy is bugging me.  Best case is he rents there for a long time, in which case when he moves out, we'd need new paint and carpet anyway, hopefully to sell and not rent again.  Worst case is the guy only rents for a year and then wants to move on, so the next renter wants a fresh place.  It would be a bigger investment to redo new paint and carpet over after just a  year for another renter.

Two tears in a bucket, it is what it is.

Oh I was in a pie-eating contest today at my company picnic, it was to win a 32" flat screen TV.  I was almost done a quarter piece of pie in four huge bites when they called another winner.  It was PITA (remember her?).  She said all she wanted to do was beat me, lol.  I kept telling her afterwards it was a pie-EATING contest, not a smash-your-face-into-the-pie-so-it-sticks-to-you-and-you-don't-have-to-eat-it-and-your-plate-is-clean-anyway- contest.  LOL

That's alright, if she won, she won.  Ice has plenty of nice TVs here.  Maybe I'll post a pic with pie on my face, lol.

Sleep tight, GFs.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:40:49 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2009, 10:53:30 pm »
Babies are all packed (their bags are in the car ;D), sound asleep and I'm wide awake.  It's weird - I'm exhausted but wide awake.  I didn't sleep much last night because my nose was all plugged up and I kept sneezing.  I was worried about taking Benedryl with my Advair and Singulair.  At 4am, in desperate need of sleep, I took a couple anyway.  I was able to sleep until just after 7am.  I missed my nap and now I'm afraid I'm just too tired to sleep.  :-\

You ladies have a wonderful week and I'll talk to you all soon.  Be good and take care of yourselves and each other.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2009, 07:05:28 am »
Morning all,

Mum, sorry to hear about Mim's weight loss, but I'm with Cin. It seems when kids are her age, they're so active, running around all the time, how can they gain weight?  Mim's active, correct?  Well, anyway, I"ll be anxious to see what her doctor says.  Hopefully he can come up with something.  And the dietician that he talked to.  I sure hope you get to talk to her.  Now, you and hubby have a great time!  You guys sure deserve it!

Cin, now, I'm a renter and I don't mind filling things out, (so it's not everyone who rents).  Of course, if I do that it's because that's how bad I want something.  Like for the application for that grad. certificate program.  When I was done filling out the online app, it wouldn't get submitted unless I paid $45.  That's a lot of money to me.  But, I wanted it bad enough, so I did it.  And when I mentioned it to someone, they said that's how they weed out people who aren't really serious.  So, just look at that credit thing you're doing like that I guess.  I know about sob stories.  That place I was volunteering at, everyone who came in had a hard luck story.  The sad thing is, most of them were true.  It's a very hard economy right now, harder than it's been in years.  So, if not all people have good credit, it wouldn't surprise me.  Hell, I filed bankruptcy earlier this year.  So, my credit isn't that good either.  But, I've been renting from the same guy for four years, and I've never been late once with rent, nor ever missed paying the rent.  Paying my bills is the first thing I do at the beginning of each month.  Anyway, now I'm starting to ramble.  I'm sure if you use your good judgment, you'll be able to weed out the people you know wouldn't be good renters.  I still say stick by your guns with your rules about the place.  You don't want someone in there you won't be able to trust.

I'm going to that clinic today so they can read my TB test.  I've never had a reaction to one.  And I believe I'm getting a  physical.  I don't think it's going to be too detailed.   I also have to call the university I may be attending and talk to the financial aid administrator.  In the 80's I had taken out a couple student loans, and when I tested positive I had them forgiven.  Well, it shows up on my record every time I apply for financial aid.  And, being that it's a new school, the computer said I have to talk to someone about it.  They may want what my old school did, which was a letter from my doctor (saying I can do "substantial gainful activity").  And I'm going to call section 8 and see about the apartment in the front.  And I've got to do some shopping.  So, hopefully I won't miss any important phone calls when I'm gone.  Wish me luck.          You all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2009, 07:13:17 am »
Betty, you never cease to amaze me.  You see what you want, and you kick butt to get it.  You may get down, but you're never out.  Truth be told, you were the inspiration for Hubby going back to school and getting the degree he wanted to get back in the day - instead of the one he was pressured in to and doesn't use.  Your inspiration is far reaching.

I know I said I wanted the kids to wake  up early, but um..I was kind of hoping the sun would be up.  Our youngest son was up at crack of dawn.  He's our talker and has no volume or mute button.  He has a shirt that says "proud to be loud" and he is.  I didn't want him to wake up the rest of the crew, so I we sat down and did crafts.  Now he and 2 of the girls are eating cereal.  We'll probably leave here about 9 to drop them off.

Make it a great week, ladies! 

Mum

edited to add: I got an email from Dr. F and when we go back on 8/20, he's going to run absorption tests.  For now, he wants us to make sure she gets lots to drink so she doesn't dehydrate (she has horrible diarrhea) and keep doing what we're doing.  We'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:42:28 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2009, 06:47:11 am »
F R E E D O M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Need I say more?

Make it a goog one,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:35 am »
Thanks for the compliment, mum.  I'm not that special.  What I do is nothing someone else couldn't do.  I'm just very thankful I was given a second chance at life.  Trust me, I have my moments.

Mum, I hope you all have a great time doing whatever you're going to do.  Today I'm going to talk to my landlord about possibly waiving the deposit on the front apartment, and just transferring the deposit I made on this one.  Then I'm going to the Farmer's Market, and possibly to the section 8 office to do some paperwork.  Keep fingers crossed that all goes well. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2009, 11:47:50 am »
Hey Ladies---

Just checking in with you all And chuckling at Mum and her new found freedom... :D Don't do nothing I wouldn't do, Mum...Too bad there's no smiley with an angel and a halo.....*lol* Yeah, my hair turned out nice and I got compliments from a few people.

Betty-- Yeah, Papi is spoiling me and I must admit that I am loving it. While I was getting my hair braided, he went out and bought me 14k gold hoop earrings. They are nice. I have to get use to wearing earrings again though. It is nice to have someone take care of me for a change. Yeah, it was me with the felony from back in my 20's. It pissed me off when I got denied because I was being honest with them and the felony was 8 years old when I filled out my application. It's not like I have a long ass rap sheet. That is the only thing I have ever done in my life. 11 days in lock up was enough for me. And there is only one law I break on a daily basis... ;)

That's about it for me. Off to play Warcraft...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2009, 06:12:53 pm »
Cin, now, I'm a renter and I don't mind filling things out, (so it's not everyone who rents).  Of course, if I do that it's because that's how bad I want something.  Like for the application for that grad. certificate program.  When I was done filling out the online app, it wouldn't get submitted unless I paid $45.  That's a lot of money to me.  But, I wanted it bad enough, so I did it.  And when I mentioned it to someone, they said that's how they weed out people who aren't really serious.  So, just look at that credit thing you're doing like that I guess.

Hi BT~ Sorry I came across like I did, lol!  I meant "MY" potential renters don't want to fill out paperwork.  I have told almost all of them that bad credit wouldn't necessarily mean I wouldn't rent to them.  You're right, if they want it bad enough, they'll fill it out.  Good luck with the new apt, let us know if you get it!   :D

Ice is meeting with some more people tonight.  One couple sounds promising.  I hope someone shows up, cause Ice was up there waiting around on his day off.  He has way too much energy sometimes!

I did prelim paperwork on veteran guy and faxed it to Sec 8 asking the admin guy to review it.  I'll just keep moving along with whoever I can, nothing is final until a lease is signed.

Cheech says hello.  I say I am tired, lol.

Queen, glad you're having fun and getting spoiled!

Mum~ There have been plenty of times I have asked Ice's youngest if her off switch is broken.  She's getting the idea that none of us want to hear her ramble incessantly, but I know that's what kids do.  She usu chooses to do  it at dinner, eats nothing and then tries to snack as few as 15 minutes later.  I make her clean her plate now and give Ice the evil eye when he compromises with her.  I hate that!  Grrrrrrr, lol.

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2009, 06:54:09 pm »
Well, I got some bad news.  I didn't get the job.  When I was strung out, I got busted a few times for shoplifting, and so they won't hire me.  I'll be honest, for the first time since getting off drugs, I wish I could get high.  It's got to be better than just crying.  Anyway, I wanted to get that off my chest.

Offline missy

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2009, 09:36:22 pm »
BT you keep the faith GF.  Getting high won't solve your problem, your strong and you will bounce back. Keep looking the right job will come along. Sometimes it seems like when we are up, someone jumps out and kicks us in the ass but really we can do it!!

When my husband died last year, I thought my life was over but I realized with all of your help that I could be strong and I could go on by myself. I am not saying, I still don't miss him and it sucks that I  had to be strong without him  but I knew I could do it. He was Poz too so when he died of a heart attach and left me all alone I felt like my life was over too. I felt like I would be alone by myself for ever...but one day I snapped out of it and said if I find someone else great, if I don't oh well, life goes on and I want to be here. I can do it too.

Cindy goodluck on the rental go with you gut you will find the right person to rent. and Yes by all means do a credit check and a reference check. good luck GF

Mum sorry to hear the little one is not doing well. Keep the faith and know you all will be in our prayers and for Pete's sake have a good holiday with the Hubby you need and deserve it.
Love ya all, Mary :D

Ps. I have to go give blood tomorrow morning. After 2 long days in Washngton DC I am beat. I think I need some time off and some rest.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:53:02 pm by missy »

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2009, 02:03:35 am »
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the women's threads for some time but just didn't think that I really had anything to add.

First of all, my heart goes out to you Betty! I will not pretend to truly understand addiction but I have been around it almost my entire life. You are a strong woman and the proof is in everything that you have achieved. Going back to school and finishing (I have a hard time following through with things), being there for your grandchild, surviving this horrible illness that we suffer from, and entering into recovery and staying there and many other things I am sure! Keep your head up, your an inspiration to many on here, probably more than you know. And about the job, FUCK EM!!! Something else will come along even if not as soon as you would like. Keep your mind busy, I know that when I'm doing something that requires some brain power of even physical activity, I'm able to cope and I'm just happier. I really hope that I didn't upset you or anyone by jumping in here but I was compelled to respond to this. I hope you can see what a gem you are even if some others can not. I wish you luck.

Ok, It's been a while since I've done an introduction but I'm going to keep it short (I'll try, lol). I was diagnosed when I was about 18. My BF is also pos. I expected a pos diagnosis as my BF had just been diagnosed with AIDS, but none the less was a blow. My numbers in the beginning were awesome and it took me several years before I needed meds. I live out in the boonies for sure and love it (mostly!). I have 6 dogs and 9 cats and no that was not a typo! I don't work but I do have a wonderful garden…of a sort.

I just wanted to jump in here and let you all know how wonderful it is to read about other women dealing with the same issues. I hope you are all having a great week and if not, I hope it gets better!

Be Well.

P.S. this jumping comment box is irritating and has only happened in this posting, how irritating!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:05:44 am by HollyStar »
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:55 am »
Mary, thanks for the encouragement.  I'm so sorry about your husband.  My first husband died the first time I was in treatment, in 1989.  Although he was +, he died from alcoholism.  He drank so much it shut down his heart (and he was only 29).  Of course, I'm sure you and your husband had a good relationship.  My husband and I did not.  Oh, he probably thought we did.  But, he was an extremely abusive alcoholic.  But anyway, I am sorry.

Holly, thank you also for the encouragement.  I feel special that you jumped in to respond to me and my mess.  Thank you so much.  And, I'm glad we have another woman to share our thoughts/lives with.  I hope you feel comfortable here; you should, we're a good lot.  You said you were diagnosed when you were 18; how old are you now, if you don't mind me asking?  You've probably been through a lot, being diagnosed at such a young age.  You have quite a few animals, but hey, whatever helps, right?  I'm sure they're well taken care of and probably great company.  I have one cat that I rescued from a shelter, and she's one of my best friends.  Animals really are great companions.

I'm feeling a bit better today; I think the shock is wearing down a bit.  I still feel pretty much like a loser, and wonder if this criminal history is going to haunt me the rest of my life.  Like I said, there's no felonies on my record, but there's four misdemeanors of the same thing within a short amount of time.  It hasn't been for some years, but they are there.  I just want to tell the lady at the job I was trying to get that I'm really a good person, and that they should give me a chance.  But, that would do no good.  Anyway, you all have a good one.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2009, 02:32:43 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Betty, I'm 25. Yep still a youngin' I guess but I don't feel like it. I have been through a lot but I really don't think that I would change anything. I wouldn't be who I am today. Sure I have issues and don't we all but I'm doing pretty good considering. My BF is also in recovery and has been clean for several months now. I am proud of him and I keep my fingers crossed that he stays in recovery. My family does not know about my status and I do not wish them to know. I would like to be open about my status but I'm not there yet. My family are rather uneducated in some areas and would likely be the type to think that sharing a chair or a soda would be a danger to them. So for now, it will just have to stay like it is. I just thank goodness that I live a good distance from them all, lol.

And yes, I do have quite a few animals but they also have a huge amount of space to run around on. No indoor kitties though, because there is no way I am dealing with a litter box. Most of them are getting old and these cat's are proof that outdoor cats can live just as long of lives as there indoor counterparts.

Well, I have stuff to do today but I will check in later. You all have a nice day and hold your head high.

Be well.

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2009, 09:58:20 pm »
Hi GFs~

Welcome, Holly, glad you decided to join us.  This ongoing thread is for all ladies who want to add their thoughts on anything.  Its like a journal for each of us, but the best part is that we get feedback from our friends here.  So, welcome!   :)

BT~ I am sorry about the job also.  I was thinking that you should go back and ask for a second chance, but it sounds like you know they won't budge?  Crap.  How long ago are these things on your record?  Can they really hold that shit against you forever?  I'm frustrated for you, gf.  Please don't give up, though.  Keep trying to pursue new jobs and even if you get your foot a wee bit in the door somewhere, it could lead to more things for you.  Its all about networking and we all have to start somewhere.  I'll say a prayer for you.  I'm so sorry that you're feeling down about this.

Queen must be having a good time in NY cause we aren't hearing from her.   ;)

Mum have a good time on your break.  I am thinking about Min and the weight issue with fingers crossed.  I am very hopeful for you!   :)

Well, only one of three renters showed up last night for Ice.  We are still thinking about two from before.  Its gonna be the older guy, at least that's the route we're going.  I got the paperwork to Sec 8 yest and rec'd a call back today.  They will be entering my info into the system and calling soon to schedule an inspection of the house.  Ice is going to call the renter and make sure he understands what is due at the time of lease signing, i.e. security deposit.  I will meet with the guy this weekend to get a few papers signed to move things along.  

I feel bad because the other renter and her son are falling on hard times and she wrote a letter that she faxed to me tonight, asking if I could go lower on the rent.  I haven't responded yet, as Ice wants to talk to the first guy and make sure all of our ducks are in a row.  The second lady is nice and would be a good renter, but is just having trouble with money up front.  Aren't we all?  She drove through my hood last night and spoke with a neighbor of mine.  This neighbor I haven't spoken to in years, although I saw her hubby at the mailbox on many occasions, but the neighbor offered up all of this info on me, told the renter lady I was widowed, etc.  Nothing bad, but just a chatty Cathy, you know?

Good thing is that the renter guy I have filed paperwork for has a lot of guaranteed money plus retirement, so he is set.  All he really needs to pay me for is the water bill quarterly, so who can say no to that?  He is a nice older guy, no kids at home, lives alone and is retired enjoying life.  He should be getting a small apt but he wants a bigger place, so I am sure he's excited.  My place is a good deal.  Since I have owned it for so long (16 yrs), I'm not tied up in an expensive mortgage, so I can offer cheaper rent for a really nice place.

Pretty soon I won't have to pay for it myself while living somewhere else, whew!

Cheech scared a frog at the back door and it almost jumped into the house at my feet.  :o  Cheech snapped at it and it scared he and the frog, lmao.  I think its gone now.  Crazy Cheech.   :D

Sleep tight ladies, watch out for that full moon.  Crazy things happen!    :o

Reminder:  The screen will jump when you have a long post.  Hit Control A to highlight, then Control C to copy the highlighted text.  Go up to Tools and click on Compatibility View.  Your screen will reset and your text will disappear.  Click your cursor into the text box and paste by hitting Control V or right click your mouse and choose paste.  Your text will be copied into the box and you'll be money.   ;D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:25:21 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2009, 10:03:05 pm »
Now I see Queen peeking in here, lol.  Hi GF!!!!!!!!!!!!   How's the Big Apple?    :D

Offline netta

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2009, 10:08:10 pm »
just lost my post. anyway hi gfs, Holly nice to meet you.
Betty sorry about the job. something better will come along. its ok to cry. just a quick hello.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2009, 10:14:57 pm »
Evening Ladies--

Yep, Cindy, I have been a bit busy...shopping...Papi has been taking me the last few days, by the time we get in, I am exhausted. But I am excited because Papi bought us matching laptops today. Woooo Hooooo. I can imagine Cheech and the frog scaring each other.. :D Yeah, I saw you on too. The Big Apple is hotter than a firecracker right now. It has been humid and in the upper 80's. For the most part when I am out, I am sweating like a runaway slave.... ;D

Betty- Sorry you didn't get the job. Isn't it a bitch how our past can come and bite us in the ass even though we are no longer that person. Know what I mean? My felony was the only bad thing I ever did in my life. I was in my twenties then, you know that stage, we think we know everything. I hope you are able to find something else soon.

HollyStar--I have seen you post in other parts of the forum. But welcome to the Hen House, a bunch of great women here. And you will fit in just fine. 9 cats, damn. I love cats but that is way too many for me. The most I've had at one time was 3. Now I don't have any because my bf is allergic to them. I am plotting on an iguana though.....one day.

I am going to keep it short for now. If I left anyone out, sorry. I wanna play with this laptop some more...Night ladies...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 07:26:38 am »
Morning all,

Holly, it's a bitch when you don't have family support, but you know your family better than I do.  If they would be freaked out by the littlest thing, then I wouldn't tell them either. 

Cin, it sounds like the deal is almost sealed on your place.  Good.  I hope it all works out.   I'm not really sure if someone can hold old charges against one forever.  I know that one of the charges is at least 10 years old, so I suppose they can.

Queen, it does suck about the past being held against us.  I wasn't necessarily in my 20's when the charges happened, but I was totally strung out.  I barely remember going to court.

I talked to the court yesterday on the phone, and the lady said it is possible to get misdemeanors sealed.  She said something about it costing $2 for something or other.  Now, I'm thinking there's got to be more to it than that.  Otherwise, people would be there every day getting charges sealed.  I'm going down there this morning, so I'll report back when I have all the information.  But, if what the lady told me is true, then maybe by this afternoon I'll have it taken care of.  That would take care of 3 of the charges.  The other one is from Michigan, so I'm going to have to call them to find out what's required in that state.  You all probably know, I only live about 20 minutes from the Michigan line, so it is driveable.

Other than that, my therapist should be here today, and I'm supposed to go register for classes.  My bff said she thought it was strange that they're going to let me register without having the financial aid in place (I've been waiting on their office to send me out these forms that have to be filled out before the student loans can get approved).  So, maybe when I get there today, I'll find out I can't.  Financial aid better start moving their ass.  School's going to start real soon, and I don't want to have to miss any of it.             That's about it for right now.  You all have a good one.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2009, 09:56:24 am »
BT- I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, that is what I was going to say to you though, I know the here, they have lawyers at the local ASO that helps people to get their records sealed after a certain amount of time.  I think you might want to have a CORI run on yourself so that you can see what shows up and what needs to be taken care of.  I am a big believer in everything happens for a reason and you will get a bigger and better opportunity in the future.

Holly- Welcome!  Glad you joined us. What kind of dogs do you have?

Queen- You must be dying in the city, if you are having the humidity we have been having.  That is cool you got a laptop know you can travel with your games :) 

Cin- Good Luck with the inspection.

Missy- How was D.C? I have always wanted to go down to the Smithsonian and check out all the other sites.

I have trying to figure what I am going to do for my sons birthday this Sunday.  He started football practice Monday, he has it every weekday from 6 to 8, so he is really excited about that.  He moved up from Pee-wee and is in juniors now and because he is tall and under 115 he might be able to handle the ball, so it should be a fun season.  I took the clippers to his head and my SO did the 2 smaller boys so now I have 3 bald heads  ;D

Cin-Thanks for that info, it took me a minute to find the compatibility view but it works great!!

Offline missy

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:58 am »
Hi GFs good morning to everyone,

Holly, welcome I know you will find a lot of friends here, this is a wonderful group of ladies who just share their thoughts and problems and good times. Sometimes it is just good to have a friend to talk to that doesn't judge but gives you honest supportive feedback. Welcome, welcome welcome!

BT you hang in there girl, and keep checking into getting that record sealed. I would call them on the finical aid something sounds a little quirky. Unless they are sure you qualify and know all will be taken care of so they are just moving forward. I think back and chuckle as I went to school later in my life.  It took me 10 years, but I have a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management and an AA in Biology. I thought I would never make it to the end but I kept plugging away and completed it. I am sorry about the job though and I know something else will come your way. Don't give up you are a survivor!  :)

Queen glad to hear all is going well for you and have fun with the new computer.  I love my laptop, I sit in the living room with it in my lap or at the out back when its not to hot just enjoying the weather and talking to my friends.  Stay cool! 8)

Cindy hope all is well with the renters.  It sounds like you are going with the smoker! Just make sure you and Ice check him out good.  I understand paying for everything yourself is not easy,  since my husband passed, I do it all.  I can't wait to sell my house and downsize. 

Snow, DC was ok but I really didn't get to see much this time as I just went on business. But I have been there several times for fun and there is a lot to see and do but if you go be sure to wear your  walking shoes.  :D

Talk to you all later, Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2009, 11:40:17 am »
Well, of course the $2 thing was too good to be true.  When I went to the court, the lady was going to give me a copy of something or other for $2, and I said "no, I wanted to get my record sealed."  She said something about, "well, you have to file papers and a judge has to approve it."   Now, can you all tell the difference between "I want my records sealed," and "I want a copy of my record," (or whatever it was she was going to give me  a copy of).  Sometimes I wonder about the legal system in my county.  The ASO here doesn't work with any lawyers, unfortunately.  They have extremely limited resources, due to cuts in funding.  And I've called the pro bono lawyer agency here, and they don't handle criminal stuff.  So, I'm unsure what to do now.  I don't really know who to call.  Maybe I could search the yellow pages and see approximately how much it would cost.  If it's too much, then forget it.

I called the financial aid place at the school, and they had the wrong address for me.  So, all these dimwits who work there when I called the last couple days, didn't even check that with me.  They just said the forms should be here anyday.  I'll tell ya, today is not a good day so far.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2009, 02:46:13 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Betty, I guess it was too good to be true. In my county there is a legal self help class every month at some of the local health clinics. I'm not sure if there is anything like that where you are. If you decide to pursue it, I wish you luck.

Snow, my dogs are mostly mutts. I have a wolf/shepherd hybrid (poor girl is going deaf), a hound/rott mix, the wolf and the hound mated and we have one of their pups, a charpei/chocolate lab/pitt/ridgeback mix (I guess lol), a lab/husky mix (absolutely beautiful dog) and a yellow lab (pure bred and a total nut!). Are you sorry you asked? LOL. They are a handful to be certain! I've picked them up at grocery and department stores, a police station, taken one from a poor home. The lab is the only one that I've ever paid for and she is something else.
I hope your business trip went well. I worked for a company a few years ago as a temporary manager and thought all the traveling would be fun. WRONG! I drove a few thousand miles in a month. I actually applied for the job, went through the whole process and was offered the job pending the background and credit check. I have horrible credit and the job offer was rescinded. I was disappointed but I didn't need all that stress anyway. How in the world are you supposed to improve your credit if you can't get a job because of your credit? It worked out for the best.

Queen, I'm so happy you are having a good time in NY. I would love to see your braids. I could use a new lap top. The disc drive on mine doesn't work anymore and really can’t keep up with the games anymore anyway. And yes, 9 cat’s is a lot but they are outdoor kitties. Feeding time can be hilarious, I tell ya.

Thanks for the welcome Missy!

Well, I have an appointment with my ID doc today and I’m going to discuss changing meds.  I gave the Atripla a shot and thought it was going ok for a while but not anymore. So we’ll see how things go. But I’m really not liking what I’m dealing  with now as far as side-effects. Some of what I’m experiencing I’m not sure is med-related and or just the disease.

Well Ladies, you all have a good day and I bet everyone is having fun at AMG.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.