Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:13:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 206
Total: 207

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part IX - Fanciful, Fits and Futures  (Read 58103 times)

Offline vivyt

Re: Dating Thread Part IX - Fanciful, Fits and Futures
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2007, 09:08:17 am »
Betty,

I am a teacher and my degree is in Child and Adolescent Development, so when I saw that you wrote a paper in this field I thought you might be in my field. I was in the Master's program the year I became sick and made it almost to the end. I was in the process of writing my thesis and I was just too sick to finish. I need to go back and finish but I haven't really been motivated. What field of psychology are you going into? PhD or PsyD?

Vivy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2007, 01:46:04 pm »
This is the first time in 4 years he has gone. One of those manly things guys occationally have to do I suppose. I think it was an excuse to see his brother and step father. It was a 3-4 hour drive to land near Houston. I think he got it out of his system for a while. He was ready to come home.
Billy isnt the gung ho rough and tough kinda guy.  He'd likely protest and be embarrassed if he read this but he's more of a sweetheart than a Rambo.
But I like him that way so it shouldnt be a issue.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2007, 01:47:30 pm »
Guess I should have made it clear I was answering on the deer hunting above. LOL

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2007, 04:29:46 pm »
Afternoon Ladies------

No date with Rico this evening because he came over last night. He spent the night too.. ;) And there was not one phone call, I was impressed. It felt nice to have arms wrapped around me all night even though I kept waking up. I guess that was because I am not use to anyone being in my bed. He left a little after 10 am but called me a few hours ago. We talked for a few and he said he would call me later. I think we are both reeling in the after glow of last night. We have both been sleeping off and on most of the day but that missing hour prolly had a lot to do with it too.... So, I am all  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

I am wondering how Cindy's breakfast date went. It must have been good and still going cause she hasn't been logged onto yahoo.. ;) I am sure she will supply details when she is available. This thread has gotten past the 100 post mark, it's time to start Dating Part X, who is up to the task this time? Confused, Ny, Viv, Sunseeker, Tendai, one of you need to start one, I think we are all taking turns with it.

Cammie-- Sorry to hear you are still going through some rough patches but you know you can vent here. Betty-- I am sorry to hear about your grand daughter not feeling well, hope she gets better soon. I know there is something going on around here too. I have been sniffling but not sure if it's cause of my flu shot or being around some sick people with colds.

Winiroo--- Welcome to the Forums. I have been seeing you post in the movie thread, you are funny as hell, you should fit in nicely here. I was lol about the bf hunting Bambi. I use to use that line too. Tell us more about yourself.

Speaking of movies, I am watching The Pulse which seems kinda good but I will have to watch it again since I have been kinda distracted. Hopefully by the time I return someone will have started a new thread. Have a good evening.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2007, 09:01:19 pm »
I am so LMAO @ myself for the typo yesterday. Doesn't that make me look REALLY bad at math. I feel ya on the call first thing, Queen. I cannot stand the unannounced guest. I am subject to not answer the door.

Well, DH is coming on and I'm watching the Cowboys game during commercials. We're up by 7 now. YAY!

08/13/07 - Diagnosis confirmed
08/30/07 - T-cells 400, VL 6,500 (Baseline)
11/30/07 - T-cells 428, VL 9,950

Offline nymphaea

« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2007, 12:13:33 pm »
Hi everyone

Anyone got any suggestions about dating?  I have been trying the dating sites - been burned pretty badly.  I thought dating positive guys would have been easier, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  There are so many who seem to meet me online, think I'm the best thing since sliced bread, and then go cold.  It's kind of hard for me over here as there are none too many positive straight guys here in Australia.  I am intelligent, attractive and funny, but I don't know whats going on with some of these fellows.  Sorry if I sound a bit soppy but I just got my heart smushed - again - and didn't know where else to turn.  Anyone else got advice  about this whole internet dating thingy? :'(

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.