Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Marzo 18, 2024, 11:16:22 pm

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 772781
  • Total de Temas: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 241
Total: 242

-no title-

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Possible Needle Stick Exposure  (Leído 30168 veces)

Desconectado ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Possible Needle Stick Exposure
« Respuesta #50 en: Febrero 15, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »
Oh my goodness.  I urge you to seek the help of a mental health professional, you are beyond what we can do for you here.  Good luck with controlling your anxiety.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Desconectado Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Respuesta #51 en: Febrero 15, 2007, 03:33:51 pm »
GM,

Enough is enough already. Your line of questioning has gone far beyond the scope of this website.

I'm giving you a four week time out to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide for you. Please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional to deal with your fears.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be banned permanently from this forum.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #52 en: Abril 03, 2007, 04:15:22 am »
I'll be getting the results today. Hopefully I'm negative. Thanks for all of the support everyone, especially Mr. RapidRod.
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #53 en: Abril 04, 2007, 01:38:43 am »
 ;)
All is well!
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Respuesta #54 en: Abril 04, 2007, 09:28:25 am »
NOT a suprise.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #55 en: Abril 04, 2007, 08:08:34 pm »
Hello everyone,
Just wondering, I took the OraSure® HIV-1 Oral Fluid Specimen Device test.
The collection tool was in my mouth for one full minute and about another 30-35 seconds. Was this sufficient?

I hope the test was done properly.

Thanks in advance.
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado RapidRod

« Respuesta #56 en: Abril 04, 2007, 08:35:41 pm »
GM, you're negative. You're done here. Move on with your life.

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #57 en: Julio 16, 2007, 12:53:01 am »
Hey Guys,
Hope all of you are doing well. Today I was on an escalator going down and had my right handle on the rubber handle. While I was going down, I felt a very sharp jolt of pain in my middle finger and am thinking it might have been a needle. What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-GM
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado md

« Respuesta #58 en: Julio 16, 2007, 01:11:00 am »
I think that you definitely still need to seek counselling to help you deal with your completely irrational fear of being infected with HIV from imaginary needle sticks.

Desconectado Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Respuesta #59 en: Julio 16, 2007, 04:48:05 am »
GM,

Even if it was a needle (which I doubt very much), so what? It wasn't a risk for hiv infection.

It would seem you still haven't sought counseling for your hiv anxieties - something I hoped you would have done back in February when I gave you a time out.

If I end up having to give you another time out, it will be for two months.

Going down an escalator is not a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is does not survive in a transmissible form in the environment.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #60 en: Julio 16, 2007, 11:17:30 am »
Do you guys think it could have been minor electrical/static shock?
Thanks so much!
-GM
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado RapidRod

« Respuesta #61 en: Julio 16, 2007, 11:26:39 am »
How would we know. Static doesn't cause a risk of HIV either.

Desconectado Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #62 en: Julio 16, 2007, 11:54:42 am »
Never mind the escalators and all of the frabber jabber. You need to pay attention to what Ann said to you.

Andy Velez

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #63 en: Septiembre 25, 2007, 02:14:18 am »
Right after Spanish class, I decided to go to the restroom for a quick leak. There were two urinals and two stalls. Someone was using the "big" urinal so I decided to go into a stall but soon realized that I couldn't put my backpack on the floor. I came out and went about using the "small" urinal. So standing there, I felt a little nervous and couldn't go about doing my thing. The guy next to me finished what he was doing, washed his hands, and left. I immediately urinated, as no one was in the bathroom at the time. When finished, some elderly man walked into the bathroom and went about using the unoccupied "big" urinal to my right. I believe it was when I was washing my hands when the man asked me where the University Quad was. We exchanged a few words and after him saying "I can't believe I don't know where it is after being here for a few semesters," he left. I washed my hands again. After exiting the restroom - a sense of deja vu encompassed my entire self, both physically and emotionally. I am confident this man engaged in anal rape with me, and I can't get over that fact. I was going to tell my mother about this occurrence but am very afraid to do so as I don't remember how anything happened - possibly due to shock. What is my risk fellow friends, and do you think I should get tested? Thank you.
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Respuesta #64 en: Septiembre 25, 2007, 02:27:26 am »
Right after Spanish class, I decided to go to the restroom for a quick leak. There were two urinals and two stalls. Someone was using the "big" urinal so I decided to go into a stall but soon realized that I couldn't put my backpack on the floor. I came out and went about using the "small" urinal. So standing there, I felt a little nervous and couldn't go about doing my thing. The guy next to me finished what he was doing, washed his hands, and left. I immediately urinated, as no one was in the bathroom at the time. When finished, some elderly man walked into the bathroom and went about using the unoccupied "big" urinal to my right. I believe it was when I was washing my hands when the man asked me where the University Quad was. We exchanged a few words and after him saying "I can't believe I don't know where it is after being here for a few semesters," he left. I washed my hands again. After exiting the restroom - a sense of deja vu encompassed my entire self, both physically and emotionally. I am confident this man engaged in anal rape with me, and I can't get over that fact. I was going to tell my mother about this occurrence but am very afraid to do so as I don't remember how anything happened - possibly due to shock. What is my risk fellow friends, and do you think I should get tested? Thank you.

Anal rape?

You, my friend, are in need of serious psychiatric help. Your posting history shows that we are not able to address your many and several problems. I urge you to contact a mental health professional without delay.

I have reported your post to the Moderators for review.

MtD

Desconectado Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #65 en: Septiembre 25, 2007, 08:09:18 am »
You need some professional help, the kind we cannot provide you with here. We've gone through quite enough of these unwarranted worries with you.

I'm giving you a time out. Go get some help with your problem about HIV.

This is not the place for that.
Andy Velez

Desconectado GM1987

« Respuesta #66 en: Abril 26, 2008, 01:16:26 pm »
Hey guys and girls,
Just wanted to say hi. Especially Mr. Rapid Rod, how are you?
Mr. RapidRod is my hero.

Desconectado Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #67 en: Abril 26, 2008, 11:27:55 pm »
GM, you posted a face sign in someone else's thread. You are not authorized to be commenting in words or pictures in threads other than your own. Please don't do it again. I've deleted it from that thread. Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.