Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:13:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What ever happenned to customer service ?  (Read 8512 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
What ever happenned to customer service ?
« on: October 08, 2007, 07:34:54 pm »
 ???

Last Thusday evening, I called Verizon, to report static on the telephone line. It is to the point, where I can't hear the other person talking !! After going through at least ten minutes of menus, and button pushing, on the phone, I finally managed to speak to a live person. She said someone would be out this coming Thursday to fix the line. ONE WEEK to fix the phone line ? It used to be, that the phone company would be out the same day or the following day. I am going to ask that the bill be adjusted, for the period of time that we are unable to use the phone !

At least the DSL connection is still working. I don't have any problem with that... They sure want their money fast enough !! Customer service sucks !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dachshund

Re: What ever happenned to customer service ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:55:03 pm »
Chill out Ray, they have to come all the way from India. ;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:55:37 pm »
Ray~

I would call back every damn day and ask to speak to a supervisor.  Unfortunately, customer "service" is in direct relation to how big a pain in the ass you can be these days.  Go for it, lol!  Hell, call them 4x a day.....  ;D

"Can you hear me NOW?"

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 07:56:34 pm »
LOL at Aunty, maybe they can get a discount and fly over with the guys from Dell.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:33 pm »
Ray, honey, just be thankful you don't have Sprint!  Their customer service is notoriously the worst, and even people who work there will tell you that (I know two.)  I had an issue with them and I called them everyday for about a month, and they always said they were "notating the account," and when I called the next day they would say they had no record of my call. Cellular, landlines, it's all the same.  I would mention the CEO's name and they would say "Hello, hello?" and hang up on me!

As far as the rest of customer service in this nation, I'll just say I got burned out 8 years ago and took a vacation to the obscure world of medical records...and haven't looked back since. When I get bad service these days, I tell the person to their face.  When I get good service, I tell their supervisor. It really makes a manager's day when you say "I'm not calling to complain, but to compliment," because they get bitched at hourly.  Mostly,  I complain to a manager directly at the grocery store, because the checkers have a line of people to deal with after I get done with them, so it's not really fair to hit-and-run them.

I started in retail when I was 12 years old (yes it was legal then in Texas and no I'm not really 60.)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:51 pm »
Funny, you should bring customer service problems up. I was going at it with my cable company..Time Warner. I scheduled for a technician to bring out an extra dvr for the roomie and to go wireless for my laptop, well I am pretty patient sometimes but when it got nearing 4 pm since I was scheduled between 2-4, I decided to give them a call. You wouldn't believe the hell I went through. The first customer service rep didn't even apologize, just said that the technician prolly got held up and just rescheduled me w/o even asking me if I wanted to reschedule. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was told there were no supervisors because they were short staffed at the moment...WTF? I hung up and called back. This happened til around 7 pm. In between that time I was left on hold or when I did get a person I wasn't satisfied with their answers which was oh he is prolly still with another customer. I even went to their website and got the run around, an automated email from a bot who said someone would get back with me in 24 hours. By then I had spoken to someone but you would've thought they would've sent someone out the next day since mine never showed up. When someone responded by email their reply was that things had been settled or resolved. I emailed back and said a resolution would have been to send me a technician the next day, not take 20 bucks off my bill which did nothing for me. Now they are suppose to show up tomorrow, once again between 2-4, I won't hold my breath but if one does show up I think I will try to find out still who I can bitch to.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 10:45:29 pm »
That reminds me I have to go to Sprint's store. My contract ends on october 21st and there is apparently no way I can prevent it from going month to month, unless I cancel today, which means I will have to pay the $150 early cancel fee. If I call on october 21st at 11:59:59 I will pay the fee. If I call on october 22nd at 12:00:00 I will pay a month. I have the contract and nowhere it says I have to pay an additional month. But the battle will be hard, they are stubborn, and I am too.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 11:17:29 am »
I am afraid the "customer service " label is an oxymoron....with very few exceptions  ( I don't even need to take my socks off to count) this is simply  another annoying item on a long list of electronic menus.
My personal recent experiences include the Dish Network, the "wireless high speed internet "and the "dept of Motor vehicles."...... Dish was the worst.....when one of the set top boxes stop working the person who finally answered ( after three 10 item  menus) strongly implied that I had broken it and if they replaced or fixed it I would be charged for the full cost of repair...  they then sent me a replacement which I installed myself( connect two cables)  only to find out that when ever I changed channels the audio would come on for the new channel but not the video...called again and was told that all items are carefully checked before being sent and I must have broken it.....if they sent another replacement I would be charged $250 for the replacement......I said fine then just cancel my service ( I had already passed the contract term)   ...a supervisor then took over and tried to convince me  not to cancel......I reminded him of the "charges"  he said all charges would be waived....I said no charges should even be assessed....he said he couldn't do that...That I would have to sign on for another two years and he could "waive" the charges...I effectively, not politely, said stick it and have ordered....the competitors system......
I would like to think they will give better service  but I will reserve judgment.....

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 03:28:43 pm »
Chill out Ray, they have to come all the way from India. ;D

Please Verizon..., Ed and I only want to reach out and touch someone !! :)  :P

They just sent an automated message to my cell phone and reconfirmed, that the repair would be made before 7:00 PM on Thursday....JJJJEssssshhh !! That is really unacceptable !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline 404error

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:15:23 pm »
I would call back every damn day and ask to speak to a supervisor.

I used to work doing customer service (never again) for a company that provides cell phone, cable, internet and home phone service and this isn't at all what you think it is.  "Can I please speak to your supervisor?"  Sure, I'll put you on hold and transfer you to our "Supervisor Dept."  There is no supervisor.  Those "supervisors" are no more empowered than the original person you spoke to.  People just have this sense of "I'm talking to the man at the top now so whatever he says must be the final word."  What customer service is is this; a shrewdly calcuated model on what sort of minimal levels of appropriate service one must provide in order to maintain a status quo wherein the number of customers leaving due to dissatisfaction is lower than the number of new customers arriving from the clutches of the competition.  Unless you are someone who has every service they offer and you consistently spend well above what the average customer does, you are nothing and no one to them.  Unless of course you're behind in your payments, then you get all the attention in the world.

If you are dissatisfied what I wouldn't reccomend is calling back and being a jerk to whoever it is you get on the phone.  That person you're talking to (and I'm thinking mostly of those in North America, not our outsourced brothers and sisters in India) is most likely a student working their way through school.  Do you think they personally care about your hardships associated with; dropped calls, overcharged bills, and interrupted cable/internet service?  I assure you that they don't.  What we used to do with people who called in with some serious attitude was put them on hold, leave the office, go to the coffee shop, wait in line, order, pay, leave, go outside, light a cigarette and smoke it while laughing about the person you've left on hold.  The entire process would usually take about fifteen minutes.  If people were good enough to wait through all that I usually helped them with whatever they wanted, however if that person was a supreme jerk I'd hang up after leaving them on hold for fifteen minutes.  I assure you that the approach that I was taking here isn't unique and I was by no means even close to being the worst employee there. 
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 06:48:24 pm »
Would you believe the damn technician came and left a note on the door. I looked outside and saw the damn trucks but no men. Now I know I am partially hard of hearing but my roomies ears work fine and she did not hear them ring the bell either. And there is a sign on my mailbox that says ring the bell. I called them back and they told me I would have to wait to til the 15th now to have a technician come,and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that I would get a call back in 24-48 hours. This is bullshit but doesn't know who to complain to if you got to wait to get a supervisor. Sheesh!!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 09:23:11 pm »
The cost to get a new customer is 6 times higher than maintaining the current list.  But, they still just don't get it.

I put in 17 calls in the month of June to AT&T for tech support on my dial up connection.  There were no solutions to the problems after all those calls.  In July, I received an offer from Comcast for phone service, high speed internet and an upgrade in TV service.  It was an amazing offer which included unlimited long distance anywhere in North America at no cost.  AT&T has been sending all these offers for a limited time deal on phone and dial up service.  Not for all the AT&T in China.  Have the best day
Michael
(who did find, "Collect Call From Inmate" did cost $5.95 and it was a local call)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:24:46 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline randym431

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 11:37:09 pm »
***Automated responce...Do not reply***

Dear Ray, I have read your post and will respond within the next 48 to 199 hours.
Thanks for your loyality to the forum.
Randy (poster cs rep)   ;D  ;D  ;D
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 12:32:09 am »
I used to work doing customer service (never again) for a company that provides cell phone, cable, internet and home phone service and this isn't at all what you think it is.  "Can I please speak to your supervisor?"  Sure, I'll put you on hold and transfer you to our "Supervisor Dept."  There is no supervisor.  Those "supervisors" are no more empowered than the original person you spoke to.  People just have this sense of "I'm talking to the man at the top now so whatever he says must be the final word."  What customer service is is this; a shrewdly calcuated model on what sort of minimal levels of appropriate service one must provide in order to maintain a status quo wherein the number of customers leaving due to dissatisfaction is lower than the number of new customers arriving from the clutches of the competition.  Unless you are someone who has every service they offer and you consistently spend well above what the average customer does, you are nothing and no one to them.  Unless of course you're behind in your payments, then you get all the attention in the world.

If you are dissatisfied what I wouldn't reccomend is calling back and being a jerk to whoever it is you get on the phone.  That person you're talking to (and I'm thinking mostly of those in North America, not our outsourced brothers and sisters in India) is most likely a student working their way through school.  Do you think they personally care about your hardships associated with; dropped calls, overcharged bills, and interrupted cable/internet service?  I assure you that they don't.  What we used to do with people who called in with some serious attitude was put them on hold, leave the office, go to the coffee shop, wait in line, order, pay, leave, go outside, light a cigarette and smoke it while laughing about the person you've left on hold.  The entire process would usually take about fifteen minutes.  If people were good enough to wait through all that I usually helped them with whatever they wanted, however if that person was a supreme jerk I'd hang up after leaving them on hold for fifteen minutes.  I assure you that the approach that I was taking here isn't unique and I was by no means even close to being the worst employee there. 

I am one of the customers who has all their freaking services and pays out over a 100 bucks a month to their asses and you are basically saying that I am suppose to deal with it? I think not. And I thought every dept had an acting supervisor who runs things then? Who tell them when they can take a break? Someone has to be in charge. I will wait for a supervisor to call back, if I do not get one then I will call the Better Business Bureau or whoever I need to speak to.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 02:27:42 am »

Supervisors are usually an employee  who was promoted because they came to work everyday and did a good job, not because they have any specific training or skills.  Every Supervisor answers to a Manager who is in effect a boss.  Everyone has a boss and tries to do a good job to look good to that boss at bonus time or promotion time.  Getting through the gatekeeper program in any company is childs play if you ask to speak to the Supervisor's boss.  That boss also has a boss and the persistent can and often do get through.  Now you are in an environment where you can invoke some change in the quality of your services.  These are the people in any organization who have the ability to make such changes.  GO FOR IT.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Falkore

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 03:50:29 am »
Having been in customer service for several years, I can see it from both sides. In the past I worked for an international hotel chain and I was promoted to the position of "Supervisor" and some days "Manager on Duty".  Not because I had kissed anyones a&&, but because I had the years of experience and the ability to calmly deal with very irate customers. 

I currently am a supervisor for an international bank phone customer service center.  I get the calls after the line level employee is either unable or unwilling to help them.  I know what you guys are talking about.  Most of the time I am able to solve the problem in short order.  Often times it is just a matter of education on the part of the line level employee or maybe even the customer.  Some times the customer has no idea what the policy is for our bank.  Also there are times when the customer wants the impossible.  They want a new card sent to them by 8am the next morning when they call at 11 at night.  It's just not systematically possible. 

I have also called a few customer service centers with random issues that are not simple or are not addressed by the company's automated system.  I have found out that even when calling my own bank there are times I want to speak to a fellow supervisor to get the right answer.  I have found myself calling in as a customer and telling the FA (Financial Associate) that the answer they gave me is wrong and guided them on how to find the correct answer in the companies information system.  There have also been times when I just got the run around, being told that the issue would be resolved and then finding out later that nothing happened and nothing was resolved. 

I found a web site you guys might find useful.  When you run into those annoying and complicated automated systems, reference this website http://www.gethuman.com/ to find out how to bypass them and get straight to a live human.  However, I would encourage you to use the automated system for many simple issues.  There are so many times I have received a call asking me a question that is easily answered on the automated system.  Many people just pound the "0" button to get a person and ask a question that could have been answered before the person had to hold.

"Ain't no shame in my flame"
Date:          CD4:     VL:
10/02/05     568       2,070
11/18/05     541       2,970
02/17/06     442       4,720
04/17/06     510       1,100
07/12/06     391       3,050
Start Atripla
09/22/06     595       Undet.
01/18/07     562       Undet.
05/25/07     540       Undet.
09/26/07     531       Undet.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 05:53:24 am »
I am one of the designers and own the rights to a product called Employee Satisfaction Survey.  It was available in English and Spanish.  It is a 60 question anonymous survey based on the theory that concern for quality and personal productivity are directly related to employee satisfaction.  It has 5 questions in each of the 12 areas which reflect on the productivity of a company.  The client would get overall average rating, area averages, individual question averages and comparasons with other client companies.  The interesting point is each of the 12 areas has a direct relation to customer service.  Somehow, years ago, I was up to making suggestions on self-correction for companies with a problem.  Satisfaction with Supervision is the second most important with Satisfaction with Compensation as #5.

The Supervisor is the communicator between staff and  top management, knows howv the operation runs and usually has good company spirit.  The Supervisor was key personnel in the success of my safety program designs but never the buyer.  To sell product, I had to connect with CEO, CFO, COO or HR (if the company had over 500 employees).  My connected call ratio was 1:3 to set appointments and 1:10 to close a sale.  Life in industrial safety was fat city for a real long time.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 07:47:13 am »

:)  The phone company finally fixed the problem at 3:00 yesterday afternoon. ( just about 4 hours shy of one week) The problem was in a junction box, a quarter mile away ! Several of my neighbors had problems also.

I'm happy now------Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 03:26:43 pm »
I am still not happy and no supervisor did NOT call me back within 24-48 hours. Anyone know who I can go to or do I have to show up aat the local office in person.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 04:22:00 pm »
That reminds me I have to go to Sprint's store. My contract ends on october 21st and there is apparently no way I can prevent it from going month to month, unless I cancel today, which means I will have to pay the $150 early cancel fee. If I call on october 21st at 11:59:59 I will pay the fee. If I call on october 22nd at 12:00:00 I will pay a month. I have the contract and nowhere it says I have to pay an additional month. But the battle will be hard, they are stubborn, and I am too.

Milker.

Milker~

I'm curious as to how this will work out for you, and I'm glad you brought it up.  I have a 2-year contract for my cell phone with Sprint.  I can't wait to cancel, which will be sometime in January.  I'm going back to Verizon in a heartbeat!  Be sure to let us know what happens!

~Cindy

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 05:25:47 pm »
Time Warner is run by the minions from hell.

At my old house last summer, I KNEW the problem was in the line just down the street. (I'm a computer guy, we know these things). The service rep. replaced cables in the house and out to the pole - but not the next section down where the problem was. By the time he was ready to leave, I still didn't have cable. He drove away and left me standing in the street when I asked him why I should continue paying for a service that they obviously could not supply to my house (though it had been working for the previous 10 yrs!). Of course, I did the customer service run-around on the phone again, and was given another appt. in only two days if I wouldn't cancel my service. The next day, I saw one of their repairmen replacing the cable just down the street and viola! I was back online. No, I didn't cancel the service appt.; I wasted their time for being shitty to me. Afterwards I did call back and bitched enough to get a 2 month discount though.  ;)

Now at the new house, similar problems in a line running through the neighbor's yard two houses down. I know that's where the problem is because I've chatted with the neighbors and SAW the lightning hit that pole and blast a power transformer (it was way cool!). Got a service call, and got all new lines inside and out - but once again, not the needed replacement just down the street. So 2 dozen times a day the cable modem loses the signal, logs out, and then logs back in. It's annoying as hell; but if I'm available from 7a to 7p four thursdays from now, they'll be happy to send out another service rep.  >:(

As an IT guy, there's nothing I hate more that talking to tech support or customer service. No matter how simple I explain my problem, the person on the other end is never qualified enough to assist me.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 08:54:33 am »

I was supposed to get an ultrasound as a prerequisite for an initial appointment with a hematologist.  During the three weeks between obtaining the appointment, and the actual date thereof, I called the doctor's office three times and left messages with the appropriate staff person that no one had contacted me with the ultrasound appointment.  She never returned my calls.

Not wanting to cancel and reschedule this appointment, as time drew near, I called and asked to speak to an office manager or supervisor.  The response I got was "It won't do you any good to attack me."  Attack her?  What is this...the Twilight Zone?

But...I did get an ultrasound appointment several days later.

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline 404error

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 07:48:22 pm »
there's nothing I hate more that talking to tech support or customer service. No matter how simple I explain my problem, the person on the other end is never qualified enough to assist me.

They do that on purpose (the corporations)  Why would you put all the power in the hands of the front line?  When you give them all the answers to all the questions and empower them financially the company is going to lose money.  Most people are pretty decent when it comes down to it.  They understand that things happen, life isn't always fair and will likely do something for you given the chance.  No corporation wants to see its revenue cut short because of employees who are sympathetic to the needs of the customer.  That revenue is the direct property of upper management as well as the shareholders.  Also, by limiting ones ability to effectively service your needs they test your patience.  You call in talk to employee #1, he can answer some of your questions but can't resolve the situation, to do that he'll have to transfer you to employee #2.  Now, you already waited on hold for 15 minutes before you got to the first person, are you going to be waiting around for another 15 minutes to talk to another person who may or may not be able to solve your problem?  Some will but many will hang up, or they'll get angry an demand to speak to your supervisor.  Often they'll be told that the supervisor is unavailable but will call back within 24 to 48 hours.  I can't tell you how many times I've passed messages on to management only to open up an account up to a week later and see that no one has done anything to help this person out.

I called and asked to speak to an office manager or supervisor.  The response I got was "It won't do you any good to attack me."

And that's the problem in asking for a manager.  In my experience, I'd wager that nearly 10% of callers want to speak to a manager.  A large percentage of these people are common idiots trying to get something for nothing, essentially trailer trash.  Another group who always asks to speak to a manager are immigrants with thick accents who claim to be victims of racism at the hands of a customer service agent because that person couldn't understand their broken english.  These callers are annoying and ever the victim (at least in their own eyes) 

"I'm sorry Mr. Gurdeep Dhaliwal but those calls to Mumbai look legitimate and I won't be crediting back $250 to your cell bill today, and no you aren't going to be speaking with a manager."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:22:07 pm by UpAllNight »
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 02:27:49 pm »
Ok, yes, I am still bitching. The Time Warner Bastards did not even have me scheduled for a technician to show up today but that was what I was told on the 9th....WTF. Now come on...There must be someone I can talk to about this. I called yesterday to make sure I would not miss the technician today and was told there was never a work order made for today. This is total BULLSHIT. Now I have to wait til the 18 and I told the customer service person to make a note on my account that someone should call before they come which is what they use to do but for some reason I have never received a call not ONCE for any of the times they were scheduled to come. I once again asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were busy. There has to be someone I can complain to about this. This is not me being a bitch, this is Time Warner not doing their FUCKING jobs and I want satisfaction. I should not have to wait almost a month to get a fucking DVR and wireless internet!!!!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 08:41:56 am »
Good Luck Ray....when it comes to corporate America....especially a phone or cable company.
Customers service went the way of the DODO bird.....we don't get it but we all remember it once existed.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Jean-Yves

• Meow!
    • Home for Sign of the Tiger
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 04:51:42 pm »
Here's one old lady's way to deal with lousy customer service.
http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071019/NEWS01/71019035

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 04:57:16 pm »
Yeah, I saw that article on Yahoo. I wonder if Time Warner saw it....I finally got my dvr and wireless internet...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 11:30:25 am »
Take a jar of urine and dump it on the service manager by accident on your  way out.........
If service stinks.........then so be it.  Let them stink!
My suggestion anyway..........
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 12:35:14 pm »

Milker.

Milker's big phone call is tonight!   :D  Are you going to the Sprint store today?

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2007, 03:00:54 pm »
Yeah, I saw that article on Yahoo. I wonder if Time Warner saw it....I finally got my dvr and wireless internet...

Queen,

Glad to hear that you got the problems taken care of...

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Iggy

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2007, 03:25:23 pm »
I think there are two extremes to be noted in the customer service debate:

There are the customer service reps who could give a damn and even take pride in making life miserable for some, and on the flip side are the customers who think they deserve anything from gold star service when they only pay for a bronze star plan to those who seek validation for their whole lives  when they talk to customer service.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.