Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:00:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Would you Support Limited Bombing for Punitive Reasons?

Yes
7 (31.8%)
No
15 (68.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 29, 2013, 02:46:48 pm

Author Topic: Syrian Civil War  (Read 34600 times)

Offline RobbyR

Re: Syrian Civil War
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:28 pm »
We just need to stay the hell out of the Middle East it's nothing but trouble. Obama put his foot in it and basically committed us to military action after he drew the red line. It's bad what Assad did but I don't see what we can do about it unless we're prepared to go to war. There are no good options. Stay out & the carnage continues, get involved & risk a wider war.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2013, 12:31:44 am »
We just need to stay the hell out of the Middle East it's nothing but trouble. Obama put his foot in it and basically committed us to military action after he drew the red line. It's bad what Assad did but I don't see what we can do about it unless we're prepared to go to war. There are no good options. Stay out & the carnage continues, get involved & risk a wider war.

While I am not advocating our involvement here, your reasoning makes me wonder what would have happened had the French said that when the American rebels were agitating their dictator??
My reasoning for us staying out of any war in Syria is that there are no real goals, aside from ridding Syria of Assad.  There is no ONE rebel group, so what would be the ultimate goal?  Certainly not creating a vacuum.

M

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2013, 01:26:13 am »
I just find it interesting how our government and citizens react to the chemical weapons issue.  We gave them to Iraq, to use against Iran, including anthrax and the bubonic plague.  When Saddam used them against the Kurds, we turned a blind eye.  We were supplying Saddam with weapons, training, and intelligence.  Because he was of use to us then, we weren't concerned much with the use of awful chemical and biological weapons.  We gave Saddam the positions of Iranian troops, knowing that he planned to use chemical weapons.  And, many consider Reagan one of the best presidents.

Has the government ever apologized for that, and adopted a real policy that we would never give these weapons to anyone ever again?  It just seems like we pick and choose what we find repugnant.  We don't have much moral authority.  We have stockpiles, with many stored here in Kentucky.  Why don't we destroy them, to show they have no legitimate use? 

I remember reading we may have used chemical weapons in Iraq. Here are a couple articles, that allege the U.S. used depleted uranium, white phosphorus, and napalm. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-considine/us-depleted-uranium-as-ma_b_3812888.html

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2005/nov/15/usa.iraq

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:19 am »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2013, 06:55:38 pm »
Hmm sounds like the hawks want the same old same old - regime change, WAR. Plus they get to crow, rightly so, about Obama's ham-handed handling...   

Who enjoys hawks crowing...

Sounds like the dems will mumble about a too broad mandate, look down and away.

Oh the French language reports were merciless about the parallels between Kerry and Colin Powell and the ill-defined or maybe fraudulent justification of all this...  Maybe the frog government is on board but the press and people sure aren't. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 08:20:16 pm »
We should be well aware of what we're getting into. Bashar Assad is no looney like Ghaddafi. Assad is a ruthless, intelligent, calculating, man who's spent 13 years building a police state capable of withstanding any internal or external threat. If we attack & don't go all the way, like in the Gulf War in 1991, Assad will be weakened but left in power & will claim victory over the US & continue acting out. If however we do go in there's a very real risk that he'll lash out & gas more of his people or worse attack Israel or Saudi Arabia. If we attack, which seems likely, he'll probably lash out. Syria has the largest stockpile of chemical weapons in the Middle East. Supposedly they also have quite a few scud missiles they've gotten from the Russians.

I'm for doing something to stand against Assad's genocide, but the question is what. There just aren't any good options & I'm reluctant for another war in the Middle East. His use of chemical weapons was terrible, but I'm not clear on what our stake in this is.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:12 pm »
That bloodthirsty Boxer and Pelosi want to commence bombing NOW. Thank God we have Boehner and Rubio calming them down  ::)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:02:07 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2013, 10:05:03 pm »
That bloodthirsty Boxer and Pelosi want to commence bombing NOW. Thank God we have Boehner and Rubio calming them down  ::)

Boehner's a drunk (like you) and was passed out -- likely from cheap house tequila and high-fructose Walmart margarita mix. His #2, Cantor of the Old Dominion, says that this is a "secular proxy war" with Iran and wants Barry Soetoro to do his job and take out the mullahs at the end. So, in that context, Babs and Nan are actually staking out the more liberal position.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »
Boehner's a drunk (like you) and was passed out -- likely from cheap house tequila and high-fructose Walmart margarita mix. His #2, Cantor of the Old Dominion, says that this is a "secular proxy war" with Iran and wants Barry Soetoro to do his job and take out the mullahs at the end. So, in that context, Babs and Nan are actually staking out the more liberal position.

Fascinating political insight from a klonnie head.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2013, 10:26:18 pm »

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2013, 10:29:14 pm »
Yeah, I bet you find it fascinating.

I hope this doesn't reopen the whole birth certificate issue again....  ;)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
I hope this doesn't reopen the whole birth certificate issue again....  ;)

SOCIALIZED SPACE TRAVEL!!!

Offline Azrael2012

• Say Hello! :D
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2013, 12:06:18 am »
Just wait until one of them wakes up, looks in the mirror and says "Today is a Say Something Hat Day"  ::)  then decides to wade into a civil war because a "red line has been crossed"........how come that wasnt said when China moved their warships into the Sea of Japan last year?

There are currently no overweight Sopranos waiting to come on stage and start singing.....and its unlikely any will be booked for next years Superbowl either!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:36 am »
I don't know how I can focus on chemical weapons and military action, when there is this scandal.  This needs a special prosecutor and impeachment hearings.  This is what many on the right find so appalling, today.  I've seen it on both national and local news, as well as social media.  These silly things always come from the right.  "Oh, dear!  Obama didn't wear a jacket in the Oval Office, when Bush always did.  Bush respected the office."  Btw, there are photos of Bush not wearing a jacket and I believe his feet on the desk. 

I post this here, because I don't see how something as serious as military action can be debated between the parties, when silly things like this make news.  The nuts and Faux News start the story, and then mainstream media picks it up.  News outlets post it on facebook, asking whether you think it is disrespectful to the office.  How dare a black Kenyan (lol) put his feet on the white man's desk.  I don't care if he jerks off on the desk, just as long the decisions made at that desk are well thought out and done for the right reasons. 

http://www.teaparty.org/does-seeing-president-obamas-foot-on-the-oval-office-desk-make-your-blood-boil-28018/

Offline mecch

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2013, 06:56:51 am »
Nixon sullied the Oval Office years ago, with his lies, crimes and vulgarity. Clinton did his bit to keep it dirty.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13:23 am »
I see nothing wrong with the picture. Obama is talking on the phone & deliberating the issues of the day. He's the Chief Executive & like any other ceo the office gets stuffy every now & then. He still looks nice, has a nice shirt & tie on. No issue in my opinion. Actually to be accurate he is bi-racial. Maybe that bothers the right wingers even more. But like meech said, if you want to talk about truly tainting the Oval Office, Nixon sat there & spewed out tons of bigoted hate speech & Clinton let that fat intern Monica blow him off. So yea I see nothing wrong if Obama simply talks on the phone without a suit jacket. Maybe Fox News was having a light news day.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2013, 11:44:07 am »
Please people, FDR started the shenanigans by doing Coke lines off the Oval Office desk. He was jacked up to Jesus when he declared war on Japan. ::)

Who cares what happens in the White house... I'm sure GW porked Laura in the bunghole on that desk. Who wouldnt want to do that?

...now can we get back to the business of attacking other countries please!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:50:03 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2013, 11:56:44 am »
I'm sure GW porked Laura in the bunghole on that desk. Who wouldnt want to do that?

Laura Welch runs over people with cars if they refuse sex. Then again she smokes menthol and is a closet abortionist like her daughters.

Offline mecch

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:13 pm »
I'm sure GW porked Laura in the bunghole on that desk. Who wouldnt want to do that?

I don't want any of Laura's holes even if they were offerred up in the Presidential Suite of the Hotel Wilson in Geneva, with black attachés of unmarked cash.

speaking of First Ladies

I read somewhere that Vogue took down its profile of Mrs. al-Assad. So I googled her.

Charming:

lymail.co.uk/news/article-2408054/As-Syria-implodes-Mrs-Assad-splashes-chandeliers-Western-food-fitness-fads-Bizarre-shopping-spree-British-beauty-holed-bunker-vile-dictator.html

As Syria implodes, Mrs Assad splashes out on chandeliers, Western food and fitness fads: Bizarre shopping spree of the British beauty holed up in bunker with vile dictator

Asma Assad, 38, orders Western food so her children don't eat Syrian cuisine all the time

Studied at King's College London and worked as a banker at JP Morgan before meeting her husband
Extreme spending came to light last year when she ordered £270,000 chandeliers

Former adviser to the Assads claims Asma is superficial and has 'no heart'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2397440/Asma-al-Assads-Instagram-charm-offensive-backfires-users-turn-Syrian-lady.html

Instagram users turn on Syrian first lady Asma al Assad after she attempts internet charm-offensive

Pictures show British-born Asma al-Assad doing charity work

Instagram outrage where commentators brand her a 'hypocrite'

Offline bocker3

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »
I don't know how I can focus on chemical weapons and military action, when there is this scandal.  This needs a special prosecutor and impeachment hearings.  This is what many on the right find so appalling, today.  I've seen it on both national and local news, as well as social media.  These silly things always come from the right.  "Oh, dear!  Obama didn't wear a jacket in the Oval Office, when Bush always did.  Bush respected the office."  Btw, there are photos of Bush not wearing a jacket and I believe his feet on the desk. 

I post this here, because I don't see how something as serious as military action can be debated between the parties, when silly things like this make news.  The nuts and Faux News start the story, and then mainstream media picks it up.  News outlets post it on facebook, asking whether you think it is disrespectful to the office.  How dare a black Kenyan (lol) put his feet on the white man's desk.  I don't care if he jerks off on the desk, just as long the decisions made at that desk are well thought out and done for the right reasons. 

http://www.teaparty.org/does-seeing-president-obamas-foot-on-the-oval-office-desk-make-your-blood-boil-28018/

And the media (mainstream or otherwise) shall continue to do so, so long as eyes keep looking at it.  They rely on folks passing it on and posting it elsewhere (hint, hint) to keep the story moving. 

M

Offline mecch

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »
Laughing at the dumbbell tpartiers scandalized by such posts is not "part of the problem". 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »
Yeah Ted , be sure not to repost that pic Mike warned you about posting , you know the pic , its the one Mike just warned you not to post by posting it himself .   

I couldn't resist .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:31 pm »
Yeah Ted , be sure not to repost that pic Mike warned you about posting , you know the pic , its the one Mike just warned you not to post by posting it himself .   

lol. I was thinking the same thing  ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2013, 06:32:20 pm »

I couldn't resist .

Tell me where I told Ted not to post it???  I dare you....    :P

Plus -- I didn't "post" it, I simply quoted it, so there!!!!  Besides -- a picture is worth a thousand words, right???  Hmmmm,  How many other politician like "ducks" can I come up with?? ?? ??
I guess it all comes down to what you definition of "post" is??

Hugs to all (except the faux news posters, of course  ;) )

M

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:42 pm »
Syria didn't attack us. I feel bad for the citizens there but it's not our business. Assad  is horrible, but he didn't use chemical weapons against us. Too many unknowns if we get involved. And all of them bad. Why should we spend blood & treasure in this? We should have stayed out of Iraq & we should not get into another war in the Middle East but it's going to happen & nothing's going to stop it at this point.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2013, 06:50:13 pm »
Tell me where I told Ted not to post it???  I dare you....    :P

Plus -- I didn't "post" it, I simply quoted it, so there!!!!  Besides -- a picture is worth a thousand words, right???  Hmmmm,  How many other politician like "ducks" can I come up with?? ?? ??
I guess it all comes down to what you definition of "post" is??

Hugs to all (except the faux news posters, of course  ;) )

M

I edited personal information out of someone's post the other day not realizing I quoted the personal information when smugly admonishing them for posting it , of course a well meaning forum member reported me to the moderator and pointed it out .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »
we should not get into another war in the Middle East but it's going to happen & nothing's going to stop it at this point.

But Obama said this isnt going to be a war.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2013, 07:07:35 pm »
I edited personal information out of someone's post the other day not realizing I quoted the personal information when smugly admonishing them for posting it , of course a well meaning forum member reported me to the moderator and pointed it out .   
ROFL

Offline wolfter

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:04 pm »
Syria didn't attack us. I feel bad for the citizens there but it's not our business. Assad  is horrible, but he didn't use chemical weapons against us. Too many unknowns if we get involved. And all of them bad. Why should we spend blood & treasure in this? We should have stayed out of Iraq & we should not get into another war in the Middle East but it's going to happen & nothing's going to stop it at this point.

Since it's none of our business and we should stay out of it, I'm just curious if you feel the same way with other issues such as AIDS funding and famine relief to poor nations?   ;)  Why save "those" people if they're not willing to help themselves!!!!

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:51 pm »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 07:27:45 pm »
Jon Stewart was back last night, and I see things how he does.  He mentions what I posted in an earlier post.  We assisted Saddam in using chemical and biological weapons against Iran.  We looked the other way, when he used them on the Kurds.  We still have huge stockpiles.  We still have Napalm bombs, with reports we may have used them in Iraq, along with depleted uranium. 

Over 100,000 Syrians were already killed by conventional methods.  What makes this the time to get involved?  And, I have also thought how so many talk about us looking weak.  We will do this to not look weak?  Even if it makes no sense and may just cause more problems, we must do this to not look weak, because Iran and others are watching to see what we do?

Oh, I especially enjoy how Rummy discusses how awful it is to use chemical weapons, when he was the point man for assisting Saddam in doing the same.

http://m.comedycentral.com/tds_video.rbml?id=uncle-jonny-stew-s-good-time-syria-jamboree

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »
Jon Stewart was back last night, and I see things how he does.  He mentions what I posted in an earlier post.  We assisted Saddam in using chemical and biological weapons against Iran.  We looked the other way, when he used them on the Kurds.  We still have huge stockpiles.  We still have Napalm bombs, with reports we may have used them in Iraq, along with depleted uranium. 

Over 100,000 Syrians were already killed by conventional methods.  What makes this the time to get involved?  And, I have also thought how so many talk about us looking weak.  We will do this to not look weak?  Even if it makes no sense and may just cause more problems, we must do this to not look weak, because Iran and others are watching to see what we do?

Oh, I especially enjoy how Rummy discusses how awful it is to use chemical weapons, when he was the point man for assisting Saddam in doing the same.

http://m.comedycentral.com/tds_video.rbml?id=uncle-jonny-stew-s-good-time-syria-jamboree

Pelosi and the posse disagree with you
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 08:33:31 pm »
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:38:32 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 11:06:25 pm »
Pelosi and the posse disagree with you

Well, she has been a little odd.  She left the West Wing and talked to reporters about a discussion with her 5 year-old granddaughter, regarding whether to strike Syria. 

Offline cicero

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 11:46:15 pm »
I'd just like to add that the Secretary of State today was saying the objective is to degrade Assad's capabilities.  To change the equation so to speak. But as others pointed out, there is not one rebel group. In my opinion the U.S. has got to stop with the philosophy that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". It can be argued that that is how Saddam Hussein came to power as well as how Osama bin Laden and Al Queda grew in the first place.

Furthermore, yes, it is awful what is happening there -- whether killing by "conventional" means or using chemical weapons on civilians. My guess is that a large body of the Syrian population have their political views but would rather just not have this multi-sided civil war and death all around them.  I am not at all confident that even without "boots on the ground" U.S. strikes on Syria are not going to kill MORE innocent people.

And on a final note I'm not (nor am I ever) confident that the decision makers in the executive branch or the legislative branch understand enough of the nuance for this attempt at a "surgical strike" to not just make things worse.
"How could this happen to lovely me?" -Jacqueline Susann

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 10:54:34 am »
Why are we the world police?

Would Syria help us if our governement was killing us?  Would any of the other countries help us like we help them?

Does Syria even want our help?

If not then we should stay out or do like my brother suggested and turn the country into a parking lot.

I should watch more  news and less Duck Dynasty.

Michelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline mecch

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2013, 01:03:37 pm »

If not then we should stay out or do like my brother suggested and turn the country into a parking lot.

Do nothing.  Or annihilation.  Pretty bleak binary, there.  :(

Yugoslavia.  Libya.  Our involvement wasn't exactly full out war. Or maybe if some disagrees, and says these were wars, well at least they weren't very long. There were operation related air crashes in Yugoslavia but officially no NATO combat casualties.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »
If Assad was overthrown, are these the folks to take over?  These people are no better, really.  This just reminds me of arming and training Bin Laden and the Taliaban.  Or, giving support to Saddam to fight Iran.  If the strikes caused Assad to fall, wouldn't we just end up with a regime just as bad?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/world/middleeast/brutality-of-syrian-rebels-pose-dilemma-in-west.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2013, 10:42:56 am »
I actually dont know what the f*ck we are doing now. I'm starting to sense incompetence and mission creep.

Would it be too damn much for 'Bama to go primetime tv for a few minutes and explain to us exactly what he wants and intends to do?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2013, 10:45:59 am »

Would it be too damn much for 'Bama to go primetime tv for a few minutes and explain to us exactly what he wants and intends to do?

He's already scheduled to do that on Tuesday I think. PLEASE KEEP UP.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:07 am »
He's already scheduled to do that on Tuesday I think. PLEASE KEEP UP.

Oh lovely! then only 3 more days of WH staff contradicting each other and rampant shoulder shrugging and eyes glazing over.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:57:33 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2013, 10:58:53 am »
Oh lovely! then only 3 more days of WH staff contradicting each other and rampant shoulder shrugging and eyes glazing over.

So you openly admit that your grasp of the facts is lacking? Fascinating.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2013, 11:18:37 am »
Im not supporting this war but there are a few things I have noticed about our president .

He is crazy like a fox and has always been several steps ahead of any thing his detractors or people who wish to stand in his way . He stands back with cool calm dignity while others muddy themselves and shows their hand . I think his instincts have served him well so far in every tough fight he has found himself in .

I am a pacifist at heart and have trouble comprehending war as a solution to a problem and off hand I would say World War 2 was the exception in my mind .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2013, 11:23:55 am »
So you openly admit that your grasp of the facts is lacking? Fascinating.

Since you bring it up, what exactly are the facts?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2013, 11:29:23 am »
Since you bring it up, what exactly are the facts?

That a speech will be given on Tuesday, which you criticized as being non-existent, because obviously your brain has been marinating in tequila all week.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

I am a pacifist at heart and have trouble comprehending war as a solution to a problem and off hand I would say World War 2 was the exception in my mind .

I was supporting bama and Kerry, but now that all this time has evolved and Assad has hidden his weapons ad command, etc... Im wondering if it still is prudent to strike.

But at what point do we strike? What if he uses chemical weapons again and a third time etc and kills 5000 and more?

and then theoretically do we strike if he uses small yield Nukes?

Is ther another line? or no lines at all now?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2013, 11:33:17 am »
Wow. Now Assad has gone NEW-klee-AHR? That's how you say it in Texas amirite?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

Do you have any grasp of what "theoretically" means? If not please google

Also, since you are in a commenting mood, where is your line on this issue?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:46:17 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2013, 11:47:30 am »
I was supporting bama and Kerry, but now that all this time has evolved and Assad has hidden his weapons ad command, etc... Im wondering if it still is prudent to strike.

But at what point do we strike? What if he uses chemical weapons again and a third time etc and kills 5000 and more?

and then theoretically do we strike if he uses small yield Nukes?

Is ther another line? or no lines at all now?

I really don't know the answers to these questions but my feelings are all deeply uneasy about our country attacking sovereign nations when they haven't directly threatened us .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »

According to former president Dubya: New-kew-ler

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.