Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 285
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 283
Total: 283

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: er lets call it convelesing  (Read 41120 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
er lets call it convelesing
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »
Dear hearts.

Its been a particularly poorly week. Two big medical appointments have been attended to. While in Hospital a cat Scan revealed that my spleen had grown since the last time it posed and quite a few off my lymph nodes where swollen, however no biopsies as all indications regarding infection showed that I was clearing all active infection. Yesterday I  saw for the first time my new GP , who assumed from my discharge report that my Hodgkin had return, I said that was not the conclusion off the HIV/oncology team.

Today I met with my HIV doctor off 15 + years , and it is agreed that the swollen lymph nodes need to be kept an eye on especially as I still feel very unwell. I meet with him in 4 weeks time and am encouraged to contact him in the meantime , a Scan will occur after that meeting if my health and bloods indicate its needed.

In the meantime I am crunching morphine sulphate and that gets me off the sofa for a couple off hours a day .

As those off you who know I write these sum up,s so that firstly I am clear about whats going on , else it can just seem like blundering from one medical environment to the other.

Hopefully the tone will gain some more glitter in the coming weeks.

A word off heart felt thanks to friends who are walking Mia , dealing with mind shattering idiotic bureaucracy totally stripped off any empathetic input , and putting up with groans.

Later as the babies say , futurama as I reply to there general confusion.
Michael

"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: er lets call it convelesing
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:20:10 pm »
Theyer my dear man . We really must stop meeting this way . Cheery-O- .

Please look after yourself and keep us updated . Hugles .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline britchick

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »
(((Theyer)))

Im so sorry to hear that you are not feeling so great.Please take it easy, rest up,  and let your friends  continue to look after you and Mia.

britchickxxx

Offline britchick

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 04:49:30 pm »
OMG sorry didnt realise pre haart thread again : ;)
britchickx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:27 pm »
Sorry you're dealing with such difficulties.  Sending lots of positive energy your way.  Take care of yourself.

hugs
wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:50:04 am »
Oh Michael, so sorry to read of your challenges.  Please watch yourself, I'm sending kisses (do you feel them)!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 08:34:47 am »
Oh Michael, so sorry to read of your challenges.  Please watch yourself, I'm sending kisses (do you feel them)!

Betty

I feel them Betty ... your sense of direction must be off today .

Michael ... I am hoping today is a better one . Hugs .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »
Betty your sense off direction is perfect,

No temp today eaten 3 small meals ,reading Margery Allingham short stories , arm still part immobilized by vaccine shot , tinnitus and eye pain right down so more comfort than I have had this week . Would like my Batman to run a bath and prepare all the pills,powder, hot chocolate , warm the towels , pyjamas and dressing gown , prepare hot water bottle but he is away at the annual convention off imaginary servants.

Weather is very wet and uninviting forecast is more tomorrow entertained with thunder and lightning this afternoon , used less morph today . Would love to get out off the flat and walk the dog , illness is very very boring..

mod to add Happy Birthday Mr Wump.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »
Michael, I'm glad you were able to eat without having a dreaded fever.  I hope you continue to improve.  If I were there, I would draw you a nice hot bath.  In fact, if you had two tubs, I would also draw myself a hot bath and we could gossip while soaking!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »
Michael, I'm glad you were able to eat without having a dreaded fever.  I hope you continue to improve.  If I were there, I would draw you a nice hot bath.  In fact, if you had two tubs, I would also draw myself a hot bath and we could gossip while soaking!

That's an erectile drug commercial you know ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »

It is?!  Woops.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 04:21:21 pm »

Oh lovely

Offline Theyer

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »

When one,s knowledge is wide a little edit would not go a miss

Offline Theyer

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 06:57:33 am »
After a couple off days without temp I spent yesterday dosing one , and again dealing with the eye ache. On top off that a visit from my landlords surveyor went arse up ,with me up setting a good friend into the general mix , who had done a lot off work on my behalf with the landlords.

I cannot cope with anything when I have even the slightest temp, my brain goes to mush and I am extremely emotional and thin skinned. Mostly I am able to use this knowledge and take steps to avoid, delay anything required off me. But some days you cannot take aversion action and bingo a mess.

This am the temp is back dosed down now , spoken to the clinic if it contines I am to contact. Its OK if I can just keep myself to myself , my danger points are dealing with bureaucracy , all Patient goes and in no time I am feeling persecuted by them ,what was inefficient becomes a personal attack .

Then it brings up the fact that the problem would not exist if I had the money to pay for work myself.

This is what I did when I had the money , it got the jobs done and the council/landlord out . This action has come back to bite as it has been said by the council that I had never requested certain repairs , its hard to make them realize that was because every penny spent was worth it as it kept there special brand off madness away.

A bit off a rant , but it is not a straight forward time and to ensure damage limitation I am keeping self to self , opinion lock down.

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 07:28:25 am »
Rant away....you've earned it....

I rant with caution myself these days as there are just some things that deserve to have a good talking about as they really are just ludicrous (it's a word..i hope)
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Theyer

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 02:07:39 pm »
I would just like to record that today I got out, shopped,picked up drugs, spent a pleasent hour chatting on Skype , have had NO physical complaints all day. None , I am now going to join my dog on the Sofa , read drink Tea eat chocolate. I thank you.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:19 pm »
I would just like to record that today I got out, shopped,picked up drugs, spent a pleasent hour chatting on Skype , have had NO physical complaints all day. None , I am now going to join my dog on the Sofa , read drink Tea eat chocolate. I thank you.

Well ... there is always tomorrow  :o .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 04:39:51 pm »
Well ... there is always tomorrow  :o .

Sadly so true oh wee-er on my walk . We shall see ,I expect you will get to hear one way or another.

More shopping tonight?

mhtv

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:57 pm »
Sadly so true oh wee-er on my walk . We shall see ,I expect you will get to hear one way or another.

More shopping tonight?

mhtv

One never knows when a craving can hit for pie or pork chop at 3 in morning ... so I have a WallMart a mere block away . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »
I am overcome with rapture as I approach my first week of no physical illness since September , as I said to a friend evan feeling tired when well is nicer. Tomorrow I go for full bloods that my HIV doc and I will meet and discuss the last week off Feb .

And , if the weather Gods allow, I will get to travel to the Lake District on Friday without being Pilled to the Gills on my famous how to travel when ill with out arrest combo .

Pip-Pip
m

Offline wolfter

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 04:29:16 pm »
Glad to hear that you're finally getting relief.  Enjoy your little adventure.

Greg

Offline Theyer

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 06:35:14 am »
Yesterday was good news day.

I met with my HIV Doc to evaluate the past two months blood work and there is no need to mount any further investigations into the return off the dreaded Hodgkin. I was dancing for Joy inside though as I was having day 2 off very bone bruised feet I just jiggled from the waist up.

Emotionally its not surprising I guess that the past two days saw a return to exhausted sleeping, I had also had a good run ,nearly 4 weeks without it and had returned from the Lake district and generally had been , for me pretty actice .

What the blood work also showed was that my testosterone collapsed during the hospital stay and had not recovered , so due to the osteoporosis I opted for the 3 month depo injection.

This is somewhat off a challenge for the terminally buttockly challenged and I appreciated Jody<s skill and assurance which made the procedure as good as it could be .

Due to our Governments manic interference with all things health I now have to have the other injections at my GP,s , and unless the Orkney Doc is prepared to have the cost off it out of there budject it means getting back to London at the beginning off June.

But it would be churlish to concentrate on that . I    do    no   have   a    recurrence    off     the    Hodgkin and I am one very relieved old aids fart with a very sore right buttock.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 10:48:15 am »
So happy for you Michael! Great news!!  :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 11:19:10 am »
Thank you Mitch its such a pleasure to write about good health things .

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:08:20 pm »
Hey Michael,

I have been remiss in keeping up. I am very glad you are feeling better.

It sounds like the sore tush was worth it.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Theyer

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 06:28:50 am »
During the Hospital stay a referral was made for me to be an in patient at a Hospice 5 mins from the London Flat. I had been an in patient there during and after the last Hodkin,s treatment , Anyway I was too healthy , for the inpatients but not for the day patients and the assessment interview was on Friday.

Outcome , I start Physiotherapy This coming Tuesday . Can have access to a range off complementary doings which I will take up in the Autumn as I want the summer in Orkney.

What I had confirmed for myself is that this is where I can get services that I got 8 years plus ago on the grounds off having an AIDS defining episode. These are no longer but I can access good services through the Cancer route. So UK folks in similar situation please note.

The Hospice is a delightful place , very much a part off Clapham , hopefully my link below will work.

http://www.trinityhospice.org.uk/support
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:41:45 am by Theyer »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 10:03:32 am »
There is no doubt about it I am having a wobbly. After a good month last Monday the feet/body pain came on with a vengeance and I have spent the week on the sofa. Most off the pain gone but the ball off my right foot never ease,s up and I have accepted that there is never now time without pain, I am just able to deal with at times better.

The fact that it is never going to go has to be accepted but its bought me low.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 12:34:38 pm »
While my chronic pain is at the opposite end of the body I know it's not easy.

Here's hoping you have another good month coming your way soon. :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 01:24:42 pm »
Michael, I'm sorry you're in constant pain, and I can definitely relate.  I can't think of the last time I was pain-free, probably when I was under anesthesia during my last operation lol.

That Hospice sounds really nice with their outpatient therapies.  It would be nice if that were universal.  I'm sure you will do well!  I'm thinking of you. :-*

Offline Theyer

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »
Problem off the week is dental. Gums are very sore , dentist yesterday and tomorrow. The day patient thing at the Hospice is slightly overwhelming as they are being so pro-active . So I now have 6 weeks off physio aimed at maintaining/increasing balance, reflexology, and next week meeting with a volunteer who will help with the never ending project off decorating.

Completed  the form all UK folk who are receiving disability benefit are having to do , I loath any form to do with HIV and have over the years created merry ding dong with them. Am glad to say have matured enough to have found a system that works now for me and gets them done, this one is a record as its only 6 months late.

However today is the Ist anniversary off my Mothers death .And that has dominated all,The sense off time flying by is not at the moment comfortable , cannot quite articulate why I feel disturbed but disturbed I am. In a very quite reflective way , not mumbling in the street way. At the moment there is too much loss. Off loved ones and the life I thought I would have .
Hey-ho
m

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »
Michael, I get it.  Anniversaries of significant dates sneak up on us, and we don't always realize why.  But the feelings of despondency often pass, sometimes slowly, other times more quickly.

It sounds like you've got a good system there for your physical, dental etc. needs.  I'm so glad.  I wish the Hospice here was like the one there.  Good luck with it all.  I'm wishing you the best!

Betty

Offline Theyer

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 04:50:38 pm »
Thanks Betty , its also Mothers Day this weekend in the UK and I do find many things poignant about it.As the single sibling my role was to spend it with her if she was not travelling to stay with Brother and Sister , which due to 10 years off ill health before her death was enough for it to be a pattern for me .But the disturbance has settled and I feel OK and pleased that I completed ,for me , a very busy active week.

The Dental work is too advanced for my dentist and she has referred me back to the Hospital .The sore month is due to minute tooth moments ,rubbing gums and I now have a pain relieving mouth wash and gel and pastels to create saliva .

My physiotherapists is excellent and is researching through her network a comprehensive foot care clinic. I do get benefit from her manipulation though at times it is unbearable  then delightfull. The end result is  more flexible ankle,s and feet. Next week I have the first reflexology and group physio sessions.

I hope you are enjoying the MOD role and your own recovery is tip top.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 07:50:17 am »
At last I can add something positive.The reflexology and physiotherapy have helped beyond the very pleasant experience off having them.I am having less fluid build up at the end off the day at sock elastic rim, and the feet do not fell like blocks off concrete , this wears off before the next appointment but its the first sign off improvement for a very long time . Pip- PIP for sure.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 11:38:43 am »
At last I can add something positive.The reflexology and physiotherapy have helped beyond the very pleasant experience off having them.I am having less fluid build up at the end off the day at sock elastic rim, and the feet do not fell like blocks off concrete , this wears off before the next appointment but its the first sign off improvement for a very long time . Pip- PIP for sure.

That's good news! Hope your feetsies continue to improve!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 01:36:30 pm »
That's great, Michael!  So, the reflexology helps quite a bit?  I've never had it done, but it does sound interesting.  I hope you continue to improve.

My recovery is going well.  Still can't lift anything heavy (at least not that I can tell anyone lol).  See the surgeon on the 15th, hopefully he'll release me from any restrictions. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 06:44:17 am »
That's great, Michael!  So, the reflexology helps quite a bit?  I've never had it done, but it does sound interesting.  I hope you continue to improve.

My recovery is going well.  Still can't lift anything heavy (at least not that I can tell anyone lol).  See the surgeon on the 15th, hopefully he'll release me from any restrictions.

I am Finger wagging you Missy , no can,t keep it up giggling instead .

Thanks for the feedback Mitch and Betty , I think I will keep this thread going for ever as the title I like very much , it sums up the past 10 years and convalescing is nicer than fucked or crap more Jane Austin than Irving Walsh.
I had the first group gym session this week . I was on my best behaviour but I do not know how I will resist showing the darker side off what amuses me with a room full off people with serious Cancers doing a work out.

All is crossed for the 15 Betty dear , just walk into the room singing   ' Please release me let me go..........For I,ve no gold to pay your bill ........

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »
Michael, I just love you, you have such a sharp wit.  Now, what is the "group gym session?"  I mean, what do you do in this?

Offline Theyer

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 09:55:57 am »
I lifted tiny handweights that usually come in Pink. They must be hugely expensive as the metal was so dense making  them surprisingly heavy. I had 3 differing ways to lift them.
I walk on springy foam between parallel bars stop with one foot  directly in front of the other touching and remain stationary.
I bicycle on a machine and think about advanced societies ability to create objects like a stationary bicycle.
I try to remain upright and still on a big inflated plastic/rubber pimple/
I sit, strap leg weights around my ankles and then lift legs and hold  the lift for 10 secs. The leg weights are made from the same dense material as the pink things.
I place a large inflated beach ball between the small off my back and the wall ,bend my knees until I am swatting ,rise. Repeat.
When i have completed a task I tick it off on my personal exercise list.
Each off us do one off these exercises for 90 seconds , stop , move on to the next and start again for 90 seconds .
Two sets.
Stretching warm up /cool down movements beginning and end off session
The big boys played on a rowing machine , and a small trampoline , Miss said she would see when I could.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 10:03:44 am »
Sounds all very similar to what I just finished doing for 2.5 months of physical therapy.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Theyer

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 04:42:33 pm »
Sounds all very similar to what I just finished doing for 2.5 months of physical therapy.

I enjoyed it and I think you did also , what I think was skilled is that although I slept until 1 pm then again till 6pm I do not have any aches or pains like I usually do after a bout off physical activity above the norm, sanding for decorating say, which has had me groaning the next day.

Well paced by the physio,s . Hopefully I will be awake tomorrow.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2014, 08:18:25 am »
Health wise its been a bad 4 weeks with anti bee treatment for Pee infection that the Doc wants to Talk to me about.

However last 4 days much better and am about to fling myself off the wagon with some jolly good herbal remedies because I want to , very much indeed.

PIP PIP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2014, 08:58:21 am »
I enjoyed it and I think you did also

I don't detest it so much that I skip sessions, but I would not use the word "enjoy" when just riding the stationary bikes hurt because I have no fat on my ass.

It's also been six weeks since my last session and I've yet to receive any billing from them which is quite odd.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2014, 06:57:25 pm »
Health wise its been a bad 4 weeks with anti bee treatment for Pee infection that the Doc wants to Talk to me about.

However last 4 days much better and am about to fling myself off the wagon with some jolly good herbal remedies because I want to , very much indeed.

PIP PIP

toke away, hope you continue to see improvements.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 07:05:54 am »
I don't detest it so much that I skip sessions, but I would not use the word "enjoy" when just riding the stationary bikes hurt because I have no fat on my ass.

It's also been six weeks since my last session and I've yet to receive any billing from them which is quite odd.

It was the last activity before the 4 weeks off Pee infection.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2014, 07:25:58 am »
Its mid day and I still have to eat  dress etc. I have had yet another sleep a thon 24 hours and am feeling disturbed. Have to take this to the Doc. I am working towards going to pick up drugs at the clinic. While I am there I will get bloods done and book an appointment to discuss it.

Am Low at the moment , very low.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2014, 03:22:12 pm »
8pm . Got to the Hospital , two vials off blood +urine sample see my Doc on Thurs, which I am most impressed by , then depressed by as I realize that with 8000 people attending the clinic you have to be a real old grizzled aidsie to get such lovely quick treatment. I have earned it as there has not been a time I have been there with out really really needing it.

Entire time out felt that I could collapse at any time, on the bus a middle aged lady suddenly became a Jack-in-the-box so quickly did she leap out off the disabled seat for a grateful me , the Taxi driver who concluded the journey home offered assistance too, so I conclude I looked as good as I felt.

However as is often the case with me I feel better in the evening , lunch was good at Carluccio,s wild mushroom & smoked Bacon soup + fancy breads and a Choc bread and current pudding with vanilla sauce , espresso double and I was fast asleep one hour after it, think I am immune to caffeine.

See what tomorrow brings.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »
Sorry you are feeling so wiped lately Michael. Nice to hear people have been kind along the way.

Wishing you the best with Thursdays appointment and hope you stay impressed with your doc.

You usually feel better in the evening? My best hours are between 11AM-3PM. A short window if I want to get anything done.

btw, the soup sounds delish but I'm always skeptical about you Brits and what you call a pudding. lol. Caffeine wires me out for hours but not in a good way. Jitters.

hugs.

Offline Kardean

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2014, 07:48:35 am »
"Windows" of feeling better?  Is there any rhyme or reason you know of?  Is it the meds maybe?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2014, 07:54:16 am »
"Windows" of feeling better?  Is there any rhyme or reason you know of?  Is it the meds maybe?

I am not speaking for Theyer but allot of us long timers that suffered extensive damage from HIV have our good days and bad days or even moments . I can sometime work harder than most people I know only to find myself in bed for days or weeks at other times .

We treat what we can and live with the rest best we can . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Kardean

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2014, 08:00:35 am »
I am not speaking for Theyer but allot of us long timers that suffered extensive damage from HIV have our good days and bad days or even moments . I can sometime work harder than most people I know only to find myself in bed for days or weeks at other times .

We treat what we can and live with the rest best we can .

What sort of damage may I ask?  Don't mean to be nosey... just curious.  The HIV itself or the treatment?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.