Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:38:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 590
Total: 590

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Far Infrared Rays Treatment  (Read 4102 times)

Offline echolad

Far Infrared Rays Treatment
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:48:21 am »
Hi all

I was told by a nutritionist that Far Infrared Rays (FIR) will kill the bad viruses in our system at a certain temperature (say 39 to 42 degrees) above normal body temperature. All the good bacteria/virus will not be affected at this temperature. Sounds like a very good alternative method besides taking meds?!

I think there are scientific research done on FIR in countries liks US and Japan.

Offline sharkdiver

Re: Far Infrared Rays Treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:22:05 am »
Interesting
    The search I did came up with a site that claims FAR is not only a treatment for HIV, but hepatitis, herpes, gout, acne and body odor, to name a few.  ::) They also sold products for detoxing foot baths. Sounds like a bunch of malarky!   
    This is why it is recommended that you see a medically based nutritionist that specializes in HIV.

Well if you do find a link for the research, please include it. And maybe in another forum (research?)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:26:23 am »
Hey Echolad,

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but in the nearly 24 years since I tested positive, I have heard of all kinds of unusual or off the wall treatments to rid the body of HIV.

I have never heard of far infrared rays nor have I heard of any research being done into this type of therapy. But it does sound like a type of treatment tried many yeas ago where the blood was removed from the body, heated to kill off the virus and then replaced into the body.

It didn't work.

To date, the only known way to control the replication of HIV in the human body is through ARV therapy, i.e., the meds.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:30:36 pm »
Infrared therapy has a fair pedigree as a therapeutic for localised external infections, certain types of wound healing and as an anti-inflammatory therapy, and an experimental role for tumours (in mice). But HIV? No, not much pedigree.

The anti-inflammatory effect of the right kind and length of FIR therapy being helpful is not a barmy idea.

Reducing inflammatory immune activation is a topic of research for drugs and other agents, the theory being it reduces damage to the immune system therefore slow progression.  BUT there are precious few sound small-scale, and no really good large studies on FIR and HIV-positive people, but I do not think it will be a bad thing to do this. Provided you don't expect more than (perhaps) a brake on things (and perhaps nothing at all), and do do the other healthy living things like modest drink etc, good diet, sleep, fruit & veg that contribute to a low-inflammation lifestyle. Sleeping properly is likely to be as beneficial.

But in terms of killing off the virus? hmmm..me steps back to meds at that point.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:30:39 pm »
There seems to be a phase I clinical trial currently recruiting applicants.  "The investigators are proposing that energy specific electromagnetic radiation of the central nervous system, the viscera and the endocrine system has the potential to enhance the immune system; thereby enhancing the production of killer cells to fight and destroy the human immunodeficiency virus."

MORE

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00574522

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:02:38 am »
  I think the confusion comes from when people post things without any web links to begin with (and yes I have been guilty of that before). The internet can be very useful and misleading at the same time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.