Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:09:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladie's Thread-Part 48 Cooling off of temps, cooling off of tempers  (Read 49844 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Ladie's Thread-Part 48 Cooling off of temps, cooling off of tempers
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2008, 07:54:21 pm »
Nothing new with me. I went to a Halloween party the day after Halloween at a girlfriends house. I was a kitty cat. I got the tshirt half price for 5 bucks because it was the day after Halloween. Likely the most comfortable costume I've ever worn and it was not reveling either. Seems like all the cute costumes now adays are too trampy for me.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2008, 08:42:56 pm »
Hey everyone-
BT- Last time I posted I meant to congratulate you on your time sober, that must feel really good!  That is so nice of you to give your friend your car.

Confused- I went to my doc last week and got my latest labs.  He told me that your numbers can vary alot by what time you get your blood drawn, early morning vs. afternoon,  if you have been sick, sleeping well, stressed, many things can affect them so try not to get too worried.

Win- Cute pic!  We went trick or treating Friday and my oldest wore a creepy mask, the younger boys were a pirate and a vampire and my daughter was Snow White.  I dressed as a witch and was supposed to carry an apple to give to my daughter but I forgot it at home.  The cost of the costumes is gettting crazy and they are made out of crap.  How have you been feeling?

Sweet C- That will be nice to move and have a change of scenery, re-decorating always makes me feel better.  I can't say anything about your SO cuz it took me 3 years to finally get tested.

Viv- You really do need a vacation and you need to make sure you do something for yourself.  I hate to hear that you are still not feeling well.

Tendai- You are far from being a loser!  You are one of the strongest people I know.  You are a beautiful person inside and out and have a wonderful sense of humor and outlook on life.  Trust me, that things are not always what they seem.  People can have everything in the world and still be miserable.

Keeping- How are things going with you?

Hi Queen!

Has anyone heard from Drag or Mum?

Wow- I am watching Intervention and this women is bulimic and a dancer.  A person of her height and weight should eat around 2500 calories a day and she only eats 150.  That is scary!  I have been kind of blah lately, just trying to get by.  I haven't found where my sons father is living so I haven't been able to have the sheriffs office serve him papers yet.  I know he is in a sober living place but I doubt they would give me any information if I called around to all the houses in the town he is in?  I am glad we finally get to vote here in Mass tomorrow.  I feel so bad that Obama's gramma passed before she found out if he won or not ,but I am sure she will be there for him in spirit.

I hope everyone is well!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2008, 09:49:41 pm »
I feel mostly ok. Thank you for asking. I have a little of the post nasal drip cough sometimes but its nothing really. Most of the time my nose is clear. I've noticed when I wear makeup it acts up more. I assume the powder is the culprit. Again, not a big deal.
Billy is having surgery on his sholder in the morning. Hopefully that will fix his troubles enough to make day to day living less painful. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Have a lovely night.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2008, 11:03:53 pm »
It sure is nice to hear from everyone!

I went to the doctor today about my lingering cough. I told him about the pain and he had me stand up while he put his hand under my boob (where it hurt) and the other on my back. He told me to breathe in and then he applied pressure.... :o Let me just say, it REALLY hurt then. I couldn't even continue the deep breath. He said that I definitely strained that area in between the ribs. He suggested wrapping the area with an ace bandage...yeah, right. He also said there is still wheezing and he gave me another antibiotic and a expectorant. Hopefully I can get everything out so I don't have to cough anymore. It just hurts everytime. I guess I'll just wait and see...

I hope everyone remembers to go and vote tomorrow! No matter what opinions we have they need to be heard. The kids are going to vote tomorrow at school. Of course the only ones who can are the ones who registered...LOL!

Wendy-Cute picture!

Snow- I hope you can get things worked out and don't have to worry anymore about your ex

Tendai- I was just curious what made people not want to take meds. I really wasn't presented with much of a choice. It was either live or die. I do know about the potential side effects in regards to the liver but it seems really small compared to the latter.

Anyways...I've had a long day and I am ready to go to bed. Have a good day tomorrow!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2008, 11:21:31 pm »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, I sure hope you get better soon.  You should take a few days off and rest up. 

Sweet C, congrats on the move. 

Wendy, I love your costume.  That is so cute.  I'll be thinking of Billy tomorrow morning and hoping all is going well.

Snow, you're right; the house he's staying at wouldn't tell you anything.  I wish you could find out so the sherrif can give him those papers.  It sounds like your kids had a nice time trick-or-treating. 

I voted today.  Here in Hoosierville (Indiana) they had early voting.  I was in line for 3 hours.  But it was worth it, I'm all done with it.  I'm so tired of the political ads on t.v. I could scream.  Not just the presidential ones, the local ones as well.  Eek. 

Yesterday myself and two of my girlfriends went to see "Brahm Stoker's Dracula."  It was a play at the Civic Theater in my town.  The actors and actresses did an excellent job.  There were no children allowed.  It was very convincing (the fake blood and all).  I loved the movie; in fact, I own it.  Anyway, it was a pretty nice day. 

Today I just paid bills and did laundry, besides the voting.  I'm pretty tired and am going to read and crash.  I hope you ladies are having a good evening. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

tendai

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2008, 08:34:49 am »
snow -thanks for the kind words. i hope SB doesnt give u any trouble..

betty - u asked about mosquitoes once and i wanted to say u should come into our bathroom at any given time.  place be buzzing with mosquitoes all the time.  funny thing is they dont bite me while im bathing, guess they're gentlemen, and theres no way to get rid of them coz the door leaves a gap of about 10cm from the top and from the bottom so if u sprayed anything it wouldnt be that effective. guess we've learned to coexist with them. right now im more afraid of catching cholera than malaria. can u believe this guy who put poison in someones borehole coz they wouldnt give him water.  about 15 people died including members of the borehole family and innocent neighbours who had bought water from them. yes people are selling borehole water to their neighbours coz of the shortage of water. fortunately where we stay we still have water so the mosquitoes are just a minor inconvenience compared to the risk of catching cholera like in some other areas.

sweet c - congrats on the move. i hope your man gets the nerve to get tested soon. anticipation can be worse than the actual thing sometimes.

wendy - u look cute in the picture.  i hope Billy's surgery goes well.

i hate the time difference its 3.30pm here and america hasnt voted yet. we have to wait till 6am tomorrow to get real results.  i'm hoping and praying Obama wins. the dawn of a new era. i wonder if he realises just hot that seat is going to be when he gets it. i hope he wont disappoint.
and i miss shyguy, really feel like calling him

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2008, 09:57:03 am »
I voted last week. I was in and out of the place in maybe 5 minutes. Getting ready to take Billy to the doctor. Thanks for your well wishes.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2008, 01:41:18 pm »
Hey ladies,

Tendai, what is a borehole?  I guess I sound pretty ignorant.  I've just never heard of it.  I'm sorry the misquitos are the problem they are in your part of the country.  Have you been vaccinated against malaria? 

Wendy, please let us know how Billy's surgery goes. 

Nothing to report, really.  I did my shopping today. I went by the place I usually vote to see if there was a line, and there wasn't.  So I probably should have waited until today to vote instead of standing in line for 3 hours yesterday.  Oh well.  I'll have MSNBC most of the day, and all night until a winner is declared.  Lord, let it be Obama.  If McCain wins, I just fear what will happen to those of us with chronic diseases and those of us on social security.  Anyway, you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

tendai

« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2008, 01:40:34 am »
betty - im sure theres another word for the borehole but i cant think of it. its a hole in the ground where people extract fresh water. using either a pump or plain old buckets. and no u dont sound ignorant at all. i havent been vacinated against malaria, never even thought of it. i doubt if the hospitals have any and if they do its probably unaffordable.

and OBAMA WON!!!! WOO HOOO!!! I bet u're thrilled to bits. History is in the making. This is so awsome! (doing a happy dance)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2008, 04:08:48 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

All I can say is that for the first time in quite awhile, with all honesty I am proud to be an American through and through.  Even the state I live in, Indiana, who has not voted Democratic in 44 years, turned blue.  The waiting I did for 3 hours Monday for our early voting paid off.  I stayed up until way after midnight.  When President-elect Obama gave his victory speech, I couldn't stop crying. 

It's a beautiful thing.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2008, 09:02:30 pm »
Billy's surgery went well. They removed the bone spurs in his shoulder and some calcium deposits on tendons and resurfaced an area that was arthretic.
He is in pain of course but we have pain medication that helps a little and his shoulder is swollen and he has 4 holes with one stitch in each. We went to the post OP appointment today and they removed the bandage so we where able to see the damage and clean him more properly this evening.
I got the doctor to prescribe him a sleeping pill because he did not sleep at all last night. I showered him half an hour ago and put clean bandaids on him and put him in bed. I have not heard a peep out of him yet so hopefully the sleeping pill works.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2008, 10:58:38 pm »
Wendy- I think I have missed something. What happened to Billy? How have you been feeling? Did all that stomach pain ever go away?

Nothing much going on here. I had a late training and Friday I have a parent conference with one of my kids who just is not turning in his homework. There are a lot of them this year. I just found out that I have report cards due in a couple of weeks so of course the stress meter has started to go up...oh it is never ending...LOL!

Have a good night everyone!  :)

tendai

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2008, 06:59:16 am »
viv - sounds like u got a bit of stress there. hows the cough now?

wendy - im glad Billy's surgery went ok.  u sound like u're enjoying looking after him. i thought men were generally cry-babies when they're sick. sounds like he's a good patient

betty - congrats again to America. but i dont understand why they have to wait till january before he starts officially or did i get that wrong?

nothing much going on here either, life is kinda boring these days, gotta get up to some mischief or something..

and someone needs to start a new thread....

Offline vivyt

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2008, 08:13:34 am »
Tendai- The cough is still here. I just can't get rid of it. The new president does not start until the new year begins. Right now he is the "President Elect". Each president's term is 4 year physical years.

I am SOOOOO tired! I am thrilled that we get Monday and  Tuesday off from school next week. I need those extra days of rest!

Have a great day ladies!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2008, 12:01:44 pm »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, take a deep breath (hee).  I hope you get plenty of r&r on your two days off. 

Wendy, I'm glad Billy's surgery went well.  I hope he has an easy time with the healing.

Tendai, I hope you find some good mischief to get into.  I would try myself, but I always seem to get caught. ;)

I'm just waiting for my therapist to get here.  I was reading an article this morning that Palin didn't know Africa was a continent.  Geesh.  Thanks heavens her and the "other one" didn't get elected. 

Last night's class (Forensic Psych) was alright.  The teacher has ADHD.  Yes, she told us all she did, which came as no surprise.  She's all over the place when teaching, but it's still a good class.  I think one of the reasons she's scattered is because she's teaching 16 classes at 4 different universities.  Craziness.  I have class tonight (Human Sexuality).  Hopefully that will go smoothly.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2008, 07:12:15 pm »
Andrea - The surgery was for normal wear and tear and maybe predisposition for shoulder problems and things he has done or happened to him in his life. The calcium deposits on his tendons could be related to HIV meds but most likely its primarily just from life stuff.
He talks in his sleep sometimes but with the sleeping pill my goodness he was chatty mc chat chat last night. It was almost comical.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.