Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Recieving Oral sex fear..  (Read 19983 times)

Offline Littleorko

Recieving Oral sex fear..
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:34:32 pm »
This past Saturday I meet up as these stories usually go with a man I have been talking to for abit but not very long.  I always try to play it very smart and never put myself into any situation that I would regret down the road.  We made out and touched and he performed oral on myself and as we lay there I noticed a few times that we would be playing with my anus with his finger.  Nothing deep or penetrating just along the outside and slightly pressing in.  I don't know if there was a chance he could of had pre-cum on his finger as he did it or not which is why I have not slept in 2 days.  SO my question what are the chances had he that I could have become infected?  Thanks for all the feedback

Worried in KY 25

Offline RapidRod

Re: Chances of Infection?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 08:57:44 pm »
No, there is no way you could become infected in that way. Please read the "Welcome" tread at the top of the page.

Offline Littleorko

Follow up question..
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 02:22:27 am »
I know once anxiety sets in there is nothing anyone can really say to make the 3 months till a acurate test come quicker.  But in responce to my last question and answer.  A quick overview.  While making out with a guy I noticed he was playing with my anus and slighty pressing inside nothing really deep maybe a quarter of a inch if that.  I have read many many posts and CDC website and everyone says the same thing you cant catch anything from fingering and that it is a safe means of sexual contact.  But my fear is how can it still be safe if there is a possibility that there may have been pre-cum on his finger.  Since HIV can be transmitted through pre-cum and the wall of the anus is thin and tears easily how am I still safe?  I want nothing more than to wipe my head take a nice shower and play with my puppy and go on like nothing happened and go along with my last responce "I have nothing to fear" but how can I ignore the possibility that pre-cum may have been present.  Does the 0% chance still apply with fingering as a whole or does the possible Pre-cum make me a likely candidate for hiv transmission?
Thanks for all your feedback
Worried in KY 25.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
Re: Follow up question..
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:03:32 am »
Littleorko,

The virus would not remain viable long enough to be introduced to you in this manner.  No risk.

That said, you should be posting in your original thread:  http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2699.0  Do not create a new thread for each additional question or comment.

Our posting guidelines are explained in the "Welcome" thread at the top of this forum along with some great information on the "real" risks for hiv infection.  I encourage you to read it and it's associated links.

Thanks,

Morgan
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:08:31 am by Morgan »
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 04:42:24 am »
Little,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hiv is a very fragile virus that quickly becomes damaged and inactivated when outside its preferred environment of the human body.

Changes in moisture levels, pH levels and temperature all damage the outer envelope that surrounds hiv. Hiv needs this envelope - and the plugs on the envelope's surface - to be intact and undamaged in order to infect a new host. This happens very quickly when hiv finds itself outside the human body.

Successful hiv infection normally occurs INSIDE the body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and very, very rarely, inside the mouth when giving a blowjob. The mouth is a very hostile environment for hiv and there must be unusual circumstances for transmission to occur in the mouth.

When I say INSIDE the body, I mean where hiv has never been OUTSIDE the human body - and in your situation of precum on a finger, the virus, IF it were present, would have been OUTSIDE the body before it ever got near yours.

So that leaves unprotected intercourse as the main route for hiv transmission to occur.

Use condoms for intercourse and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple. Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 06:44:05 am »
Thank you everyone...Im going home, taking a bath, playing with my pups and letting the subject drop..Between everyone here, the people Ive talked to @ work (nurses and a few doc's) I can hopefully let it fade as a bad decision and now begin my life as a lil Monk in the hills of KY lol. 

Thanks again everyone and God bless for being to tolerant and honest and upfront with me.

Offline Littleorko

Oral/PreCum Transmission Worries..
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 03:09:23 pm »
Im sure this topic has been drilled into the ground so please forgive me for what im sure is a repeat topic.
About 2 weeks ago I preformed oral sex on someone.  Being the Germ-o-phobe that I am I did it no longer than 10 seconds but I am pretty sure I tasted precum on my tongue.  To the best of my knowledge I didnt have any Cuts in my mouth or Bleeding gums.  I do however have geopgraphical tongue with the ugly little ridges in it lol (but all websites say that doesnt put me at risk).  Every place I search on the Net says so many things..One says I have a slim chance others say no..Some say Oral sex holds Few cases with oral transmission others that Pre-semical fluid doesnt hold enough viral loads to infect someone, for a lack of a better example like spit, which is why kissing is safe.  So my question.  Should I continue to worry or am I just unfounded and letting guilt and my imagination take hold of my better judgement and run with it lol. 
Thanking you in advance..
Littleorko

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Oral/PreCum Transmission Worries..
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 04:21:52 pm »
Ork,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. What don't you understand about "please do not start new threads"? Get with the program, mate.

Successful hiv infection normally occurs INSIDE the body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and very, very rarely, inside the mouth when giving a blowjob. The mouth is a very hostile environment for hiv and there must be unusual circumstances for transmission to occur in the mouth.

It is highly unlikely that you would have become infected from giving head for ten seconds. You're more likely to win a ten million dollar lottery draw with a ticket you found lying in the gutter.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 01:29:32 pm »
Thanks everyone..sorry I double posted..In the time it took to sum up the guts to post I jumped the gun on the rules..
But something is still nagging at me. How you said my odds are in my favor and your comparison to winning the lottery.  Are nearly all other websites saying that Precum can give you HIV just a hypothetical then?  That since it can pass on other std's that HIV can be passed even though all reported case's of HIV transmission came from Oral sex where ejaculation took place.  Looking forward to your reply.
Worried in Ky

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 03:12:19 pm »
Ork,

It's rare for a person to become infected from giving a blowjob, even when that blowjob lasted for quite some time and with ejaculation as well. There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

This shows us two things. One, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. Two, oral sex is much lower risk than previously believed. We now have the evidence that oral sex is a very low risk activity where hiv transmission is concerned.

THAT is why I said you are more likely going to win the lottery than to become infected from ten seconds of giving head.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 09:09:53 pm »
Thank you ann for all your kind words and assurances. (Sorry im a horrid speller)

But I just cant get over the fact that Ive put myself at risk.  I know I dont want to be on any pity train.  That does nothing to help and only plants more doubt in myself than I need.  But the odds of 1/10000 still scare the poop outta me and its only been thanks to the aide of sleeping pills that I have been able to sleep the last 3 days. 
*sigh*

But my point in writting again was just to say thank you...for taking the time to hold my hand and just tell me to breath and the odds are in my favor that I am fine.

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 11:31:48 am »
Please forgive me for asking a question that is rather out there in terms of where I am posting.  But does anyone know of any National Suicide Hotlines?  I can't sleep or eat and the only time I stop crying is while asleep. Im not out for pity.what I did I can only blame myself for its outcome.  But I am scared I will hurt myself..I dont know how I can last another 2.5 months without knowing if Ive put myself and my lover of 6 years at risk.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 11:48:30 am »
Contact the suicide hotline at any health crisis center in your area.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 01:26:49 pm »
Ork,

Get a grip of yourself. You're not going to get infected from ten seconds of giving head.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 11:27:58 am »
Once again thanks Ann..I guess yesterday just wasnt a good day for me.  Odd how things turn out.  My friend who I had the possible exsposure came over and we chatted for a long while.  He told me that If he did have Hiv it would be a suprise to him to and as far as he knows he has not put himself into any possible risk of infection.  So between his statements that he doesnt feel he put himself at risk and my chances being so large in the first place I guess I just need to chill out.  It just seems so hard.  The past 2 days (Possible exsposure is exactly 3 weeks tommorow) I keep telling myself to stop reading into everything.  But my stomach has been feeling weird the past few days and ive not been hungry and had to force myself to eat.  Im not running a fever, no vommiting, and had one case of the nasty squirt poos 2 days ago but I drank bada week old exspired milk <(*XoX*)>, and had a spell where I felt like throwing up but nothing would come up.  Since im right at the 3 week line and thats typically but not always the case for the time frame for seroconversion.  Should I be worried about my stomach cramps and lack of being hungry?  Or could my flu vaccination at work last friday also make me sick...Grrr going out of my mind.
Searching for strands of hope... Ork 
P.S. you need to snag a P.O. box so I can send you a nice thank you card once all this is over and done with be it good or worse case scenerio.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 11:44:52 am »
ork,

Every last thing you report sounds like nothing more than the effects of anxiety on your body - and of course drinking sour milk. Relax and stop looking at your body through the lens of hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 09:35:07 am »
Wouldnt you know right when Im feeling better something has to go and happen. 
Well my good friend David whom I gave oral sex to (with precum present but no orgasm) has been very understanding with me and my fears and is getting tested on monday morning with his doctor and he assures me has has not had any bareback sex and doesnt see any reason for worry on his end that he has anything.  But this morning after going though all my usual paranoid states..I wake up and the first thing in my head is did I have nite sweats..check for rashes..but wouldnt you know when I looked in the mirror this morning to brush my teeth I had bleeding gums. *cry*.  I know oral sex is on the low end of the risk scale.  But now thanks to my gums im working myself into a state again.  Does my low risk exsposure now get turned into a high risk one since I cant tell 100% if my gums where bleeding when I had precum present in my mouth.. Any and all feedback very much welcome. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 09:44:08 am »
NO it does not change the risk. If you are that anxiety filled just test and collect your negative result 13 weeks post.

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 07:43:37 am »
Please forgive this question as I posted it waay back in august but want to make sure I understand 100%.

Make the story short..Meet a guy blah blah..No Anal, I preformed no oral, but there was fingering I believe couldnt tell be it that or just slightly rubbing the outside of the anus and slighty pressing in..but for the sake of sanity and accurate answers lets say he was in fact fingering.  While he was playing with his penis in between various positions (NOT TRYING TO BE GRAPHIC just set up story to best ability) he was able to in theory to get Precum onto the same finger that he was using on my anus.  SO sum it up...Finger+precum+anus= according to you guys NO risk for HIV exsposure..I take you guys and gals advice to heart and see no reason to doubt anything you would say..But how is that exsposure any diff then if a man had been jacking off had possible precum on the head of his penis and you were to then bttm for him without a condom? 

SO. example 1 = Finger+Precum+anus= OK no risk involved..
      example 2 = Penis+Precum+anus= Major No No Major risk involved. 

I swear im not trying to say you guys are lieing or anything i just want to understand is all and I dont see how the math adds up. 

Thanks for your input.. <(*^o^*)>

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 08:30:08 am »
orko,

Example two is a risk when the penis is actually INSIDE the anus and the pre-cum is not at any time OUTSIDE the body.

Example one is NOT a risk because the pre-cum has been OUTSIDE the body. You have already been given this information:

Hiv is a very fragile virus that quickly becomes damaged and inactivated when outside its preferred environment of the human body.

Changes in moisture levels, pH levels and temperature all damage the outer envelope that surrounds hiv. Hiv needs this envelope - and the plugs on the envelope's surface - to be intact and undamaged in order to infect a new host. This happens very quickly when hiv finds itself outside the human body.

When I say INSIDE the body, I mean where hiv has never been OUTSIDE the human body - and in your situation of precum on a finger, the virus, IF it were present, would have been OUTSIDE the body before it ever got near yours.

So that leaves unprotected intercourse as the main route for hiv transmission to occur.

Use condoms for intercourse and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple. Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence.

Ann

I have given you this information two times now and this post makes three. Please read it this time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »
Please forgive me Ann..the honest to god only time I feel halfway decent is when I am on here seeing that others are in the same boat as myself.  My lover tells me I am fine and not to worry, the guy whom I had the possible infection from tells me I have absolutely nothing to worry about, but all I do is cry and sleep..so please please forgive me. 
I know a test at 84+ days is 99% accurate saying anything higher and you would have lawsuits on your hands lol, and at 6 weeks its a very good indication of your true status and on rare occasion it is rare to change..How on average seroconversion takes places in 22 days..My question..well today is lovely day 25 for me..well 24 if I cant count the actual day..this morning I had blood drawn.  I know I know...you cant say its 80% accurate or anything..but what is average mean for seroconverstion at 22 days? 80-85-90 precent..so when I call tommorow god willing I can dial the number I can breath a little better..
Also I know this isnt a spot to chat with others about stupid fears but is there a spot somewhere that you know of..not a pen pal...but a post-forum-anything where I could find someone near me..this would be alot easier if I had someone else who was scared and not someone looking in on me who actualy can never know that fear.
As always with Love and warm wishes to you and everyone always..
Scared in Kentucky.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 02:48:52 pm »
I know this isnt a spot to chat with others about stupid fears but is there a spot somewhere that you know of

orko,

Yes. It's called a counselor or therapists office. You won't find one of those on the internet. Do yourself and your loved ones a favour and get the face to face help you need with this.

You have NOT had a risk in anything you've brought to this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 06:18:00 am »
Just a little update..
Got my HIV test results from 25 day post exsposure and it was *Negative*
David my friend whom I had the possible exsposure with however small that risk was still scared me.  His results from his last sexual encounter before me was 6 or 7 weeks before me..so add the 3 weeks from that when david was tested we get about 9.5-10.5 weeks and his blood work came back hiv negative as well.  So I hope im fine in saying that the only thing I had to worry about was a bad case of the NerveBug these past few weeks from my lowlow risk oral risk. 
But I still want to thank everyone for there help..made this alot easier and dont worry I still plan at 13 weeks to get a orasure test so and small lingering scares will be put to rest..Thanks again everyone. 

Worried in KY..                   

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 11:51:27 am »
Another question..

I was feeling good in seeing my friends HIV results down at 9.5+ weeks since his last sexual excounter before me come back negative.  However in him telling me the good news to help calm me down he let it slip that I got him worked up with all my worrying as well because this past month he was ill with a upper respiratory infection / asthma.  I did notice when we met up that he had a little case of the sniffles but with allergy time we all do.    Is it possible that while he did test negative at 9.5 weeks that if he in the Accute Illness phase during seroconversion that his test could have showed a false negative.  Or another way to say it that when we hooked up and I gave him oral for 10 seconds >< he was in the begining of seroconversion and it progressed into his UTI and then three and a half weeks later he went to the doc to get tested finally getting over his bout with the bug and could have tested false negative at 9.5 weeks. 
Or do you think that Im trying to build something up in my head?  My armspits have been sore for the past 6 days and its starting to scare me.  No fever rash or anything else..but from reading I know Hiv in the beggining gathers in the lympnoids to multiply and Im at my wits end and his test's neg and mine at 25 days have done nothing to cool down my fears.. Any and all input is welcome..Please.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 11:57:22 am »
Short and simple NO. Seroconversion starts at 2-4 weeks after exposure. His 9.5 week test is reliable.

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 12:06:54 pm »
Thanks rod..thanks to you its been the first time ive cried because I was happy in weeks...I was under the assumption that the accute illness thing could happen anytime along with seroconversion meaning anytime up to 3-6 months you could come down with a sudden illness..was unaware ars happens in the first 2-4 weeks, so he would have been sick before we got together.. so his 9.5 week test is now my little gimmer of hope again..well that and my 25 day one. 
Thank you, I dont know how you can listen to people like me cry and whine and yet be so strong living with it and still able to help other's like myself.

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2006, 10:33:45 am »
Last question I will ask before I just have to wait the remainder of time for a accurate test at 90 days.  But do I really have any reason to be scared now about my 10 seconds of giving oral with precum present.
With David testing neg at 9.5 weeks he was ill during the test which my mind shot to this was his accute infection stage *sigh* and with me testing neg at 25 days post possible exsposure and the low the infection rate through oral sex is.  I know you can never read symptoms and god knows Ive tried not to,  but my underarm mainly right has been sore but no fever-rash-loose stool-I did get a kinda dizzy feeling now and again until I realize ive been up for 24+ hours and need to sleep lol.  But for the last post over this until I post my 6 weeks results do I really have just cause with everything I know to still be scared?
Thanks..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2006, 11:27:56 am »
Your friend couldn't have passed a virus to you which he doesn't have. I expect you will both continue to test negative.

Discuss your swelling problem with your doctor. You would not be having ARS at this late a date after the incident you are concerned about.

Get busily productive and it will make the remaineder of your waiting time pass more quickly than you can imagine at this point.

I expect you to come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Littleorko

Recieving Oral sex fear..
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 10:37:57 am »
First please let me say that I am sorry for the double posting under my name. I log'd into my name and in old posts and did not know how to post a new topic. 
Forgive me again for being graphic.  But yesterday I recieved oral sex from someone I had just met.  During the encounter the head of my penis was licked and I was deepthroated a few times.  At the end of the encounter I masterbated and he swallowed and thus ends the encounter. 
Now my question.  The CDC says getting a blowjob is at a risk for catching HIV due to blood in the mouth by gums or other things could then get into the Urethra.  Yet they also state that this is the same scenerio as with french kissing as anothing possible risk.  Since from what I understand from other websites such as WEBMD and others that I have nothing to honestly worry about since there has been 0 documented cases of ppl catching HIV from recieving a blowjob.  Am I correct in that I am fine and #2 that they had to say that yes there is a fear just to cover the bases for anyone who might for whatever reason let someone perform oral sex on them with blood oozing from there mouth.
Thank you everyone for your responses.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Recieving Oral sex fear..
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 11:03:39 am »
Orko,

This is the THIRD time I've had to merge your threads. Please read the following instructions this time and remember them.

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You have already been told here that getting a blowjob is in NO WAY a risk for hiv infection. Re-read your entire thread and make sure you review the Transmission Lesson. A link to it is found in the Welcome Thread. Read the posting guidlines found there while you're at it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 01:38:44 pm »
Thanks Anne once again. 

Somtimes I need someone to yell at me even within a post to let me know I am fine.  I just had to ask to know 100% that I was fine and able to have relations with my partner of 7 years without the fear of hurting myself and him in the process. 
So once again Thank you and I have nothing to fear as I wont be the first to go down in history for catching HIV from recieving a blowjob. 

Hugs and stay strong, People like myself need you more than we can ever let you know via blogs. 

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 05:12:50 pm »
So is everyone in agreement with Anne that I am fine, Ive read the intro forum and Ive read everything anne has wrote but just any other nod that Insertive oral sex is not something to worry about in terms of HIV transmission. 

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 05:13:21 pm »
Ooops "Ann" meant no disrespect ^^

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 05:15:33 pm »
Orko,

Yes. We all agree with Ann.

MtD

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 04:44:51 am »
Please forgive me for asking to clarify things but I am so confused.  WebMD says I have a .5/10000 chance of recieveing HIV from getting oral sex.  Many websites also state that yes it can happen and Yes there have been cases of recieveing oral sex can lead to HIV transmission.  So if there have been cases of this happening then how can you say that there is no need to be scared I have caught HIV, even if my chances are slim at best.  Because if there was god forbid blood in the person giving me oral sex's mouth, and god forbid it did enter the tip of my penis and infected me then wouldnt that take it out of the theoretical possibility and into a fact that yes that can happen, and just because there hasnt been a documented case doesnt mean that it doesnt happen, and even if at a small risk factor (.5/10000 on webmd, to .004% on others), why would they state that it does happen and give percentages if in fact there is no risk? 
Thank you for all your help in calming my roaming mind..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 06:09:38 am »
Orko,

That number you quote is, in a word, fictitious. It was published in a study that has been discredited because they pulled numbers out of thin air. You'd know this if you would bother to take the time to read our Transmission Lesson. You should know where to find it by now.

You need to understand that many websites out there - including the CDC - have the hidden agenda of wanting people to only have sexual relations within a traditional heterosexual marriage. They use scare tactics to get you to practice abstinence.

We don't make moral judgements of people's sexual activities here - we only give risk assessments based on the science of hiv transmission. The science of hiv transmission dictates that transmission does not happen from the oral cavity to a penis or vagina. It just doesn't work that way.

The fact remains that not one single person has ever been infected through GETTING a blowjob - not one! Not only is saliva itself not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

You've been coming to this website for nearly a year and it's time you realised that our answers are not going to change, no matter what discredited studies or judgemental websites you manage to find on the internet.

It may be time you sought professional help in the form of counselling for your sexual anxieties. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

Precum ~ Cut on Finger
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 04:23:22 pm »
My question concerns possible HIV transmission from Precum to possible open cut on knuckle of my pinky finger. 
Last night while out with friends I being my shy backwards self decided to tip a male stripper without looking at him.  More so to get him to go away than get attention.  While I had the money held up in my hand I was turned talking to a friend when the stripper smacked his erect penis onto my hand, getting precum on my fingers.  I know it was precum because after feeling something wet smack on my hand I turned to see what it was and the stripper was milking his penis to maintain his erection.  I am not trying to be nasty but get a accurate description of the event.  I know I felt the fluid on my Ring and middle finger.  But on my pinky finger I have a Cut that is still healing over.  It is not bleeding, and does not bleed or ooze when I flex the knuckle.  However I took a chunk the size of the head of a pen out of the knuckle when I fell on the ground 3~4 days prior.  While @ work I use Hand Sanitizer very often and it burns everytime that I use it. So I know to some degree the cut is still open and not intact.  So my question after all that is said..

What are the chances from the exsposure from the possible exsposure of precum to my semi open cut on my pinky had the two come into contact? 

Offline Littleorko

Precum~Semi open cut on Finger. Should I be scared?
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 04:26:31 pm »
I lo'd into my account and if i posted wrongly I am sorry , I replied to my last post and it didnt make a new topic.  So please forgive me if I made a new topic in error. 

My question concerns possible HIV transmission from Precum to possible open cut on knuckle of my pinky finger. 
Last night while out with friends I being my shy backwards self decided to tip a male stripper without looking at him.  More so to get him to go away than get attention.  While I had the money held up in my hand I was turned talking to a friend when the stripper smacked his erect penis onto my hand, getting precum on my fingers.  I know it was precum because after feeling something wet smack on my hand I turned to see what it was and the stripper was milking his penis to maintain his erection.  I am not trying to be nasty but get a accurate description of the event.  I know I felt the fluid on my Ring and middle finger.  But on my pinky finger I have a Cut that is still healing over.  It is not bleeding, and does not bleed or ooze when I flex the knuckle.  However I took a chunk the size of the head of a pen out of the knuckle when I fell on the ground 3~4 days prior.  While @ work I use Hand Sanitizer very often and it burns everytime that I use it. So I know to some degree the cut is still open and not intact.  So my question after all that is said..

What are the chances from the exsposure from the possible exsposure of precum to my semi open cut on my pinky had the two come into contact?

Thanks to everyone who replies.   

Offline Littleorko

Re: Precum~Semi open cut on Finger. Should I be scared?
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 04:27:53 pm »
Ooops I see my topic under the old header under my new post.  IM sorry ><

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 06:16:52 pm »
Your whatever on your finger from 3-4 days prior to your stripper event would have been well closed long before you got the guy's pre-cum on your finger. To the naked eye it might have appeared like an open sore, but in fact the way it works is the skin very quickly begins forming an invisible cover (to the naked eye) when there is an injury.

Nicks, cuts, bruises and such -- there's never been a documented case of transmission in this manner and it's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first.

Please cooperate with our policy and keep all of your comments in this thread. I've merged your latest with the previous ones.

I don't see any cause for concern about HIV. 
Andy Velez

Offline Littleorko

New question for 5-30-2008
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 10:49:29 am »
Im back once again with another question or more like scenerio to pass by everyone.  Ive been doing realy good and dont what I think Ann told me to do and go get some therapy for my sexual anxiety.  But here is my question.

I meet up with somoene just to masturbate nothing else.  He jacked himself and I did myself, he reach a few times and stroked my penis for about 30 seconds and I kinda took it away from him more of less >< lol.  But after we were done I went home and took a bath and soaked forawhile and then sat on the edge of the tub and examined my penis.  After my 4th inspection under everykind of lighting I could see I see no cuts or open areas.  So I dont think I have anything to worry about there.  But what if there was precum on his hand and he stroked my penis and it got into the urethra or while in the tub and washing I washed the precum onto the rag and then it went from the bath water to my eyes and into my membrane?  Has anything like this ever turned up to be a HIV transmission fear or am I getting worried over #1 a jackoff session with nothing to fear and a bath with no way of catching it even if there was precum on my penis ?  God I hope this all made sense. 
Thanks for all replies. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008, 11:13:56 am »
Orko,

This latest question is really no different to some you have already asked. Do you bother to re-read your thread when you dredge it up, or do you just post? Whatever.

In terms of hiv, mutual masturbation is one of the safest activities you can do with another person. As you've already been told, hiv transmission doesn't happen once hiv finds itself outside the body.

Even if this guy did have pre-cum on his hand, you weren't at risk for hiv. No way, no how.

If you keep coming back over this no-risk situation, you'll be quickly timed out. You should know the ins and outs of hiv transmission by now, you've been coming here for nearly two years.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 11:22:37 am »
Thank you ann.  Im sorry everything just flooded in at once and I ran back to everyone who would look at it with facts and with my fear with a grain of salt I guess.  Sorry I upset you >< really I am. 

But I get it, Him touching me even IF he had precum on his finger I couldnt catch it once its out of the body and not one case form Mutual masterbation documented.  And as for me worrying about the bathtub issue it would relate to the fact you cant catch HIV from pool scenerio correct? Nobody has caught HIV from semen or precum in water ?

SO 100% nothing to worry about . . . correct?  no ifs ands or buts? 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:11 am »
Orko,

If I thought you had anything to worry about, I would have told you. For the last time, hiv is NOT transmitted outside the human body and that includes in a bath.

You haven't upset me, but it does get frustrating when we don't seem to be getting through to people and they keep coming back with elementary transmission questions. As I said, we've already answered this type of question for you a few times now.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. Really! I would't kid you! Now log off this website and get on with your life. Don't even bother coming back to say thanks - your silence will be thanks enough.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Littleorko

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 10:57:33 pm »
I have another question about this encounter that hopefully you can answer without getting upset that I asked it.

During said encounter the male was jacking himself and he would on occasion play with his nipples.  I on one occasion licks and sucks on his nipples.  I have a fever blister that is still cracked and oozing sometimes bleeding.  Do I have anthing to fear had by chance precum went from his hand to nipple and then while licking on them I managed to get precum onto the open fever blister.  Im scared because this is a open sore and precum is a valid fluid for transmitting the virus.  If you say no that I have nothing to fear could you please back it up with some sciene behind it and not just a you have nothing to fear and elementary questions etc.
I am really worried about this.

Thank you
Littleorko

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2008, 03:49:03 am »
Again, no risk. Take the time and read the lessons found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 05:26:12 am »
Orko,

You're beyond our help. How many times do you have to be told that hiv is NOT transmitted in this way?

And you know what? A "fever blister" is herpes and you should not be going near ANY part of someone else's body with your mouth when you have an active outbreak. That's how herpes is transmitted - skin to skin contact - UNLIKE hiv. Here you are obsessively worrying about getting hiv in ways that are impossible, all the while spreading your herpes around. Unbelievable.

I'm giving you a long over due time out. If you want to know what that means, read the posting guidelines found in the Welcome Thread.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.