Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:10:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XXIV: Shake the Cobwebs Off and Get Your Asses in Gear.  (Read 57071 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies:

Mum, what you do is just wonderful.  What you do with your family was already unbelievable, now to read what else you do, well, you're really something else, lady.  I honestly don't know how you do it all.  Do you have some kind of special speed you're not coming out with? ;)

TreDai, I'm glad you're here.  Please tell us more about yourself. 

This morning I crawled out of bed with severe body aches, the runs.  Hmmmmm.  Now what can this be?  Oh well, I'm not going to worry too much about it.  Maybe I'm getting the 'flu' I missed out on this winter.  Of course, the winter doesn't seem to be over with here.  It's grey again.  Maybe I'm having withdrawals from warm weather.  Seriously.  Ladies, I think my time of smoking is again coming to an end.  I'm so tired of hacking (it sounds gross), blowing my nose, etc.  all the evil that stems from smoking.  I don't even like the taste of cigarettes.  I never have; the only reason I like smoking is because of the calming effect it has on the nerves.  But I suppose I can find something else for that. 

Well, we didn't hear from Cin all weekend; we haven't heard from Camms in quite awhile.  And Queen, I hope you're doing alright.  I'm with Wendy a little on this dying thing; I'd be a little suspicious until it was confirmed.  Why someone would lie about someone dying would be beyond me.  But that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen.  Just be careful, gf.  Ok ladies, I'll check in later. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
Good morning Ladies,

I hope everyone hade a blessed Easter. Mines went ok. After our first service yesterday, my lil cousin who is 18, called and said her baby had gotten worse. He is 19 months. They flew him to the childrens hospital which is like 1 hour away. He was on life support. He has sickle cell anemia and pneumionia (sp?), so one of his lungs had collapsed. I have my faith in God that he will be alright. I started my 8th online class today. I'll be happy when I get this all done with. Me and my SO picked an wedding date. It will be May 10. The colors will be Lavender and Canary Yellow. Enough about me.

TreDai- Glad to see you in the forum

Mum- I use to cross stich a while back. I could make some awesome work.

Betty- Glad to see your still holding strong

Queen- Sorry about your friend, but it does seems strange that you would get that call and then a week before just been added to his friend list.

Blessed - Great news hun, I hope you get your AA degree. I know how hard it can be. Im working on my Bachelors in Healthcare currently. I wont graduate until next year

Win- How are you feeling

Snow- How are the children, I bet they enjoyed their break out of school. My 8 yr old was out today and last Friday.

Thats all for now. I will check back in later.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Keeping, when my daughter was born 1/4 of one of her lungs was collapsed and she had pneumonia (though she didn't have sickle cell thrown in on top it that).  She was out of the hospital in a week.  They can do miraculous things today.  My thoughts are with the little one.  Please keep us informed.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
keepingfaith - Best wishes to your cousin's baby. Its sad to think of a small child having such serious health problems. I hope he heals quickly.

I started feeling ok but I'm back to feeling like crap again. That ear infection has pretty much cleared up but its in my sinuses now. Plus I took the old guy I take care of to a Primacare clinic and God knows if I picked up something there. I've been taking my Bactrim.
Its all upper resperatory crap and diareah of course. Seems like I always pick something up when I go to a clinic or hospital.
I'm still able to run around and work and stuff so its not too bad. Only low fevers when I get them. The highest was 99.6.
I'll be glad when this crap is done so my immune system can get back in track.

I swear I should walk around with a mask in public. To protect me not them...LOL

Hope ya'll have a marvy day. I'm going to cruise the rest of the forum for a minute then look for a recipe online.

Offline thandi

Just to say hi to everyone, I am still getting to know all of you. Wow it is end of the easter weekend and its work for me tommorrow am not looking forward to it at all. Sorry ladies I hear its quite cold in your part of the world we are enjoying a lot of sunshine hear.

Betty- thanks wont fret about disclosure anymore.

Take care

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Yes, the weather is absolutely frigid here.  And I for one am sick of the whole thing.  Thandi, I think I remember you're in S. Africa, correct? 

Wendy, I feel ya baby.  Sometimes I feel like holing up in my apartment and just hiring someone to do all my running around for me.  Yeah, right.

I hope all the other ladies are doing alright.  Haven't heard from Wishful in awhile either.  I'm going to be getting informed in the next few days what we'll be doing about my father's house. He owed $53,000 on it when he passed.  The mortgage payments were always up to date, but damn.  He also owed credit card bills, and my mum's medical expenses from when she was alive.  I told my sisters that the dr. (from my mum's expenses) will write off what is owed.  Fuck the credit card and let the house go back to the bank.  But, my sisters have this idea that since my father always kept up on his bills, it would be a dishonor to let that happen.  Whatever. 

Have a good one ladies-

Offline Snowangel

Keeping- Sorry to hear about your cousins son, I hope he gets out of the hospital soon.  My kids had Friday off and all went back to school today, thank goodness, cuz I am sick as a dog.  :-\ Congrats on setting a date!  Is it May of this year?

Betty- I hope you feel better.  That must be hard when there is other people involved to figure out what the best thing to do with your parents home.  There wasn't anything in his will about what he wanted done?  Is the bladder infection better at least

Hi Thandi- The sun is shining here but it is still cold, probably in the high 30 or low 40's.  It was nice enough to let the kids do an Easter egg hunt outside.

Win- Sorry you still feel like crap.  I feel the same way about using the masks sometimes especially going into the kids school.  Parents these days don't keep thier kids home if thier kid is sick and they end up bringing germs and illnesses back and forth. 

Blessed- Good for you for getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight!  I am still not there and it will be 5 yrs in June  :-[  I am glad you recovered from your c-section.  My oldest was 5 when I had mine and he kept wanting to see the "nails" in my stomach.  What did you do about the pain of your milk coming in?  I used cabbage leaves for both pregnancies, something in the leaves, numbs the area and makes it drain a little.  I looked really funny but it felt sooooo good :)

Both my parents came out for Easter and they picked up my son on the way.  We ate when they got here around 3 and then I gave the kids thier baskets and we went outside for an easter egg hunt.  I got camo, spiderman, cars and princess eggs so they would all have thier own to look for.  They all get a long and usually help each other out but it was easier for me that way.  Last night, I felt like I got hit by a truck.  My back and my feet were killing me. I took a bath and that almost made it worse.  I feel a little better today, my feet and back don't hurt much but I just took the kids to school and went back to bed until 12:30.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline thandi

Yes Betty I am in South Africa.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Fuck the credit card and let the house go back to the bank.  But, my sisters have this idea that since my father always kept up on his bills, it would be a dishonor to let that happen.  Whatever. 

Assuming he doesn't have a will?

$53,000 isn't chump change. I say if your sisters want to fork over their own money more power to them. I love my parents but I sure as heck am not going to take over their debts when they pass away.

I don't think it is a matter of honor unless he owed a debt to someone he knew on a personal level. If my father wanted to make sure his debts where paid in the event of his death he would have made arangements in life to assure everything would be taken care of. Like a will, life insurance, savings, ect.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Please go to the new thread.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.