Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:00:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto claims he eradicated HIV using GcMAF, a macrophage activator  (Read 61969 times)

Offline leit

Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto claims he eradicated HIV using "Gc protein-derived Macrophage Activating Factor" (GcMAF):

Immunotherapy of HIV-infected patients with Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor (GcMAF)

ABSTRACT

Serum Gc protein (known as vitamin D3-binding protein) is the precursor for the principal macrophage activating factor (MAF). The MAF precursor activity of serum Gc protein of HIV-infected patients was lost or reduced because Gc protein is deglycosylated by alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase (Nagalase) secreted from HIV-infected cells. Therefore, macrophages of HIV-infected patients having deglycosylated Gc protein cannot be activated, leading to immunosuppression. Since Nagalase is the intrinsic component of the envelope protein gp120, serum Nagalase activity is the sum of enzyme activities carried by both HIV virions and envelope proteins. These Nagalase carriers were already complexed with anti-HIV immunoglobulin G (IgG) but retained Nagalase activity that is required for infectivity. Stepwise treatment of purified Gc protein with immobilized beta-galactosidase and sialidase generated the most potent macrophage activating factor (termed GcMAF), which produces no side effects in humans. Macrophages activated by administration of 100 ng GcMAF develop a large amount of Fc-receptors as well as an enormous variation of receptors that recognize IgG-bound and unbound HIV virions. Since latently HIV-infected cells are unstable and constantly release HIV virions, the activated macrophages rapidly intercept the released HIV virions to prevent reinfection resulting in exhaustion of infected cells. After less than 18 weekly administrations of 100 ng GcMAF for nonanemic patients, they exhibited low serum Nagalase activities equivalent to healthy controls, indicating eradication of HIV-infection, which was also confirmed by no infectious center formation by provirus inducing agent-treated patient PBMCs. No recurrence occurred and their healthy CD + cell counts were maintained for 7 years.

...And it's not the first time:

- FOCIS (Annual Meeting, Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies) 2006:
"Eradication of HIV By Treatment of HIV-Infected/AIDS Patients with Vitamin D-Binding Protein-Derived Macrophage Activating Factor GcMAF"

- FOCIS (Annual Meeting, Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies) 2008 ("Eradicates" - even more explicit title):
"Treatment of HIV-Infected Patients with Gc Protein-derived Macrophage Activating Factor (GcMAF) Eradicates HIV-infection"

This is Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto's biography and Personal Insights.

... And, finally, Catie's warning:
"Cell stimulant touted as yet another cure - proceed with caution"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:49:46 pm by leit »

Offline bimazek

Re: Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto claims he eradicated HIV using GcMAF
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:56:23 pm »
this seems to be from 2006 so it is old news or am i missing something
also for many years i have seen a poz friend of mine who has been struggling for decades and he constantly goes tanning and is very tan, releasing Vitamin D and perhaps helping naturally produce this factor, i am not trivializing this discovery
i am seriously stating that i feel that this one individuals survival is because of his constant tanning and release of vit D and associated factors along with the natural sunshine tanning, that is the only thing this of course he takes meds

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:31:28 pm by bimazek »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 02:08:18 pm »
I drink red wine. I tan. I had viral loads in the millions. HAART knocked it down thousands fold, in a few days, and now in a few months will knock it to below detection.

Wouldn't it be lovely if red wine soaked beach holidays cured HIV. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline freewillie99

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:45:07 pm »
This sounds like a joke.
Beware Romanians bearing strange gifts

Offline leit

I'm instinctively sceptical, too. Nevertheless, is it possible that NO PEER took the trouble to examine just ONE of the 15 patients Dr. Yamamoto claims having eradicated HIV from and to ESTABLISH THE TRUTH once and for all?
What are NIAID's SOS for, if nobody cares to other researchers' work and verifies the results they claim???

Offline georgep77

Hopefully...   :D

I found this link about Dr, Nobuto

http://www.4marks.com/articles/details.html?article_id=2457
Come on Sangamo,  Geovax,  Bionor immuno, ...Make us happy !!!
+ 2008

Offline georgep77

the opinion of Cancer Research UK about Dr. nabuto claim.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2008/12/03/cancer-cured-for-good-gc-maf-and-the-miracle-cure/

:)
+ 2008

Offline leit

the opinion of Cancer Research UK about Dr. nabuto claim.

VERY interesting, both post and comments!
...But my questions remain: why, instead of simply discussing papers, no peer examines a patient "cured" by Dr. Yamamoto or tries out the same protocol?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 04:48:23 am by leit »

Offline freewillie99

...But my questions remain: why, instead of simply discussing papers, no peer examines a patient "cured" by Dr. Yamamoto or tries out the same protocol?

Hmmm...perhaps because Dr. Yamamoto's (aka Mr. Robato) "cure" was a scam, sham, or fraud?  Just sayin.
Beware Romanians bearing strange gifts

Offline georgep77

I just sent an email to Bill & Melinda gates foundation about Dr. nobuto claim, I know they care about alternative solutions, let's see their opinion.

I'm instinctively sceptical, too. Nevertheless, is it possible that NO PEER took the trouble to examine just ONE of the 15 patients Dr. Yamamoto claims having eradicated HIV from and to ESTABLISH THE TRUTH once and for all?
What are NIAID's SOS for, if nobody cares to other researchers' work and verifies the results they claim???

I agree with you Leit
+ 2008

Offline leit

Thanks, "georgep77"!
Please keep us advised!

Offline stargate12

Georgep77

Why  nobody from Gates foundation reply to you ? Have you sent the email to the right address ?

Offline georgep77

Georgep77

Why  nobody from Gates foundation reply to you ? Have you sent the email to the right address ?

Maybe they don't want to lose time with Nobuto's research  :'(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:40:51 pm by georgep77 »
+ 2008

Offline Bobitalia

;D  http://lilanew.forumup.it/viewtopic.php?t=1888&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165&mforum=lilanew

;D

"Hello there,

I'm afraid I do not speak Italian. I speak English, and I am also a writer.

However, over here (I live in America) Gc-Maf has not been covered by the media at all, and I believe that needs to change. Also, many people here are skeptical.

I have sent some major news agencies information about this treatment, as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. However, I believe that we need more spreading of the word this side of the waters if it's to become "big news" here.

I understand from running some posts through Google Translate that you wish to broaden your information campaign to the world. However, the language barrier is a problem for you. If you guys would like, you could send me the letters you'd like to send to the English-speaking world (it's fine if they are in Italian, Google Translate will give me the gist of the message contents. I would then translate them or write you a new letter in English which you could then forward on to the English news agencies of your choice. This could all be done via PM.

What do you say?

EDIT: I apologize for my English. If there is someone here who can speak English and Italian, perhaps you could convey the gist of this message to the other members here? What I'm offering is a concise, well-written, and personalized letter in English to send to news agencies.

Sincerely,
aardvark."

One of your members came over to an American board a while back to talk about the Ensoli vaccine. Out of curiosity I followed the link yesterday and I was thrilled to find not only active discussion of Gc-Maf, but an active campaign to inform the wider world of it.

The english is pretty good, but not perfect. This is why I offered to write English letters for people. Google can confuse words and make things hard to understand. If a letter is written poorly, or with a translator, many people would throw it away.

That is why I'm offering to write English letters to send to American and English news stations - so we can have a real hope of Gc-Maf becoming a reality."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:38:27 pm by Bobitalia »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Immunotherapy of HIV-infected patients w/ Gc protein-derived MAF
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 07:23:22 pm »
Has anyone heard of this treatment approach? I read it through once, the language is technical, but it sounds very promising.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19031451

Offline stargate12

Re: Immunotherapy of HIV-infected patients w/ Gc protein-derived MAF
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 05:31:08 pm »
What about FOCIS 2009 ?

T.101. Treatment of HIV-Infected Patients with Gc Protein-Derived Macrophage Activating Factor (GcMAF) and Its Coned Derivative (GcMAFc) Eradicates HIV-Infection

Nobuto Yamamoto1, Masumi Ueda1, Kazuya Hashinaka1, Theodore Sery1 and Charles Benson2

1Socrates Institute for Therapeutic Immunology, Philadelphia, PA

2University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA

Clinical Immunology
Volume 131, Supplement 1, 2009, Page S80
FOCIS 2009 Abstract Supplement - 9th Annual Meeting, Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies

It seems that new Gc-Maf works faster, they claim hiv eradication in 8 - 13 weeks.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 06:53:29 pm »
People who want to read the whole caboodle it's here (PDF):

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/121531612/PDFSTART

Very promising stufff, kinda seems to be ferrtting along unnoticed.

Pay attention to the CD4 and viral load tables, and the median viral load and proviral scores after treatment.

I wonder what happened after to the 20 odd study subjects.

- matt (no press release) the newt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline stargate12

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 07:35:31 pm »
The reseaerch presented at FOCIS 2009 is not the research pubblished in January.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 07:41:37 pm »
The reseaerch presented at FOCIS 2009 is not the research pubblished in January.

How can one find what was announced at FOCIS 2009? Do you have a link?

Thanks ;)

Offline georgep77

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 07:49:29 pm »
"healthy CD + cell counts were maintained for 7 years."

The big pharma is not going to be happy with this research   ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:53:11 pm by georgep77 »
+ 2008

Offline Matts

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »
The J. Med. Virol.study is interesting; all patients  reached undetectable VL and normal CD4 counts after 8 weeks, maintaining for 7 years. Yamamoto had similiar results with Cancer patients.

Arizona State University has developed a similar form of Gc-Maf, but can only use it in animal models, because Yamamoto owns the patent, as G. Ghirlanda told me. Link ASU LAB
But they founded the company Susavion Biosciences (link),
and have some patents for Gc-Maf like this one:LINK WiPO (Laura Eggink,Kenneth J. Hoober)

Immune Research Inc. already offers Gc-maf:Link

More about Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto:Link DCA
A study from 2003 using DBP-maf:Link PDF
Dovato

Offline Bobitalia

FOCIS MEETING 2009

POSTER T.101. _Treatment_of_HIV-Infecte d_Patients_with_Gc_Protei n-Derived_Macrophage_Acti vating_Factor_(GcMAF)_and _Its_Cloned_Derivative_(G cMAFc)_Eradicates_HIV-Inf ection_

Nobuto Yamamoto1, Masumi Ueda1, Kazuya Hashinaka1, Theodore Sery1, Charles Benson2. 1Socrates Institute for Therapeutic Immunology, Philadelphia, PA; 2University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA

Serum Gc protein (known as vitamin D-binding protein) is the precursor for the principal macrophage activating factor (MAF). The MAF precursor activity of serum Gc protein of HIVinfected patients was lost or reduced because Gc protein is deglycosylated by serum alpha-N-acetylgalactosami nidase (Nagalase) secreted from HIV-infected cells. Since Nagalase is the intrinsic component of gp120, serum Nagalase was already complexed with anti-HIV immunoglobulin G (IgG) in patient blood stream. The IgG-bound virions were infectious and retained Nagalase activity, leading to immunosuppression. Stepwise treatment of purified serum Gc protein or its cloned Gc protein with immobilized beta-galactosidase and sialidase generated the most potent MAF (termed GcMAF or GcMAFc, respectively) ever discovered, which produces no side effect in humans. Macrophages activated by intramuscular administration of GcMAF or GcMAFc (100 ng/patient) developed a large amount of Fc-receptors as well as enormous variation of receptors that phagocytize IgG bound and unbound HIV virions. Cells harboring HIV provirus were unstable and spontaneously released the virions at a high rate. After less than 18 weekly intramuscular administrations of 100 ng GcMAF or GcMAFc to twenty-four nonanemic patients, they exhibited healthy control level of Nagalase activity, indicating eradication of HIV-infection. Since GcMAFc has a potentmitogenic activity on myeloid progenitor cells (MPC), intravenous administration of GcMAFc allowed rapid interaction of GcMAFc with MPC in bone marrow and the systemic cell counts of the activated macrophages increased to 220-fold in 2 days. Weekly intravenous administration of 100 ng GcMAFc to HIV-infected patients eradicated HIV-infection in 8-13 weeks.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Am I reading this wrong or is this news major?

Bobitalia: Do you by any chance have a link for the above, I was trying to find something with news from FOCIS 2009 and could not.

Thanks ;)

Offline Luke

You are clearly supposed to believe that it is major; but I suspect that it is only big news in the Federation Of Canteens In Schools ;)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
You are clearly supposed to believe that it is major; but I suspect that it is only big news in the Federation Of Canteens In Schools ;)

I totally understand your cynicism about it but the thing is U. of Pennsylvania and FOCIS are reputable organizations. They wouldn't risk their reputations by making false claims etc.....that's precisely why it sounds so compelling, because the source of the claims is legitimate.

Offline Luke

FOCIS aren't making any claims - 'tis merely smoke and mirrors.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Don't be dissin' U-Penn -- I'll have you know it's Ivy League and Miss P. gets her dental service for free there.  They love my AIDS.

That reminds me -- I need to scamper out and see the Sun Ra/Chicago Afro-Futurist Underground exhibit at ICA.

But yeah, Dr. Yamamoto sounds a bit quackish.  I was surprised to see the U-Penn imprimatur.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline positivmat

If you google his name and cancer and the GcMAFc cancer "study" from a while back you will find angry letters from cancer patients about the lack of scientific method used in his research. This "study" seems similar.

Offline Bobitalia

1) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WCJ-4W5XH6K-84&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F2009&_alid=942456218&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_cdi=6740&_sort=r&_docanchor=&view=c&_ct=7&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=e3492a5b0d48987abc7e5492f3e60ad3

2)E D I T O R - I N - C H I E F
ARIE J. ZUCKERMAN
Royal Free and University College Medical School
University College London
London, England
E-Mail: j.m.vir@medsch.ucl.ac.uk

U S E D I T O R
BRIAN W.J. MAHY
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Atlanta, Georgia
USA
E-Mail: virology@bellsouth.net

E D I T O R I A L B O A R D

LARRY J. ANDERSON
Atlanta, Georgia
USA

ANN M. ARVIN
Stanford University Medical Center
Stanford, California
USA

ALAN BARRETT
University of Texas Medical Branch
Galveston, Texas
USA

JÜRG BÖNI
University of Zurich
Zurich,
Switzerland

W. DAVID CUBITT
Hospital for Sick Children
London,
England

BETRAM FLEHMIG
Hygiene-Institute der Universität
Tübingen,
Germany

WOLFRAM H. GERLICH
Justus-Liebig Universitat Giessen
Giessen,
Germany

PAUL D. GRIFFITHS
Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London
London, England

IAN D. GUST
University of Melbourne
Melbourne,
Australia

TIM J. HARRISON
Royal Free and University College Medical School,
London, England

JACQUES IZOPET
Institut Fédératif de Biologie de Purpan
Toulouse,
France

DENNIS J. MCCANCE
Queen's University
Belfast,
N. Ireland

JOHN F. MODLIN
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Lebanon, New Hampshire
USA

PHILIP P. MORTIMER
Central Public Health Laboratory
London,
England

ISA K. MUSHAHWAR
Viral Discovery Group, Abbott Laboratories
North Chicago, Illinois
USA

PIERRE ROLLIN
Atlanta, Georgia
USA

B.D. SCHOUB
National Institute of Virology
Sandringham,
South Africa

VINCENTE SORIANO
Hospital Carlos III
Madrid
Spain

LAWRENCE R. STANBERRY
The University of Texas Medical Branch
Galveston, Texas
USA

EDWARD TABOR
Quintiles, Inc.
Rockville, Maryland
USA

G.A. TANNOCK
RMIT University
Victoria,
Australia

STEVEN TRACY
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, Nebraska
USA

KOICHI YAMANISHI
Osaka University
Osaka,
Japan

A. ZANETTI
Istituto di Virologia
Universita degli studi di Milano
Milano, Italy

TANYA SHENNAN
Royal Free and University College Medical School
London, England

J o u r n a l P r o d u c t i o n
John Wiley & Sons
Paula Vetrovec
Journal of Medical Virology

Link :

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090041793

http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20090212ptan20090041793.php

3. google.it  : nagalase, Yamamoto

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:24:31 am by Bobitalia »

Offline Luke

Bobitalia,

You have simply posted a list of members of the editorial board of a journal. They aren't actually endorsing a single word of Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto's 'research'.

Offline veritas

Complete eradication is impossible to say with 100% accuracy due to the fact HIV can hide in many places that can't be tested for the virus (ie: the brain). There is also a question about the patient who had the bone marrow transplant ------ calling it a functional cure ( not that there's anything wrong with that!). Anything that can help safely  toward that end is worth pursuing .

v

Offline Luke

Complete eradication is impossible to say with 100% accuracy due to the fact HIV can hide in many places that can't be tested for the virus (ie: the brain). There is also a question about the patient who had the bone marrow transplant ------ calling it a functional cure ( not that there's anything wrong with that!). Anything that can help safely  toward that end is worth pursuing .

v

True, but Yamamoto gets serious credibility problems when his idea of eradication of HIV is a viral load <400 copies/ml, so not even the <50 copies/ml goal of current antiretroviral treatments.

By his measure, I was cured of HIV within two weeks of starting treatment with Sustiva & Truvada ;)

Offline veritas

Luke,

I haven't followed Yamamoto's research that closely, so my comment was really meant to be more of a general statement. If he truly said that eradication is a viral load of <400, then I certainly agree his credibility is suspect.
Even the therapy that I am following closely and am very excited about (anti-ps) will really never be able to be proven a cure for the same reasons that I stated above.However,to build an immune response that can functionaly cure HIV without needing a "cocktail" is everybodie's dream.

v

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Maybe it's because my eyes tend to glaze over when I read these articles, but nowhere did I see mention of viral load testing - and I did look for it. All I read was - "After less than 18 weekly intramuscular administrations of 100 ng GcMAF or GcMAFc to twenty-four nonanemic patients, they exhibited healthy control level of Nagalase activity, indicating eradication of HIV-infection." Since when was Nagalase activity levels an indication of the eradication of hiv infection? Am I missing something? ???

Ann
(who wants to know)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Luke

Maybe it's because my eyes tend to glaze over when I read these articles, but nowhere did I see mention of viral load testing

Ann, try CATIE's debunked version: http://www.catie.ca/catienews.nsf/00a48c8905294f0b8525717f00661eb8/59637160717da4f785257520005c5bac!OpenDocument

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Thanks Luke, that's a very informative article - and it didn't make my eyes glaze over! ;)

I found the "cautions and concerns" section quite interesting.

I'm wondering if this might turn out to be a less toxic treatment, even if it isn't a cure - although the thought of weekly intramuscular injections makes me shudder.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline veritas

Look on the bright side --------- the injections could be subcutaneous!!!! (lol).

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
... Since when was Nagalase activity levels an indication of the eradication of hiv infection? Am I missing something? ???

Ann
(who wants to know)

I think you have precisely fingered the weak point in both the cancer and the HIV papers; he has concluded that Nagalase activity is a marker for cancer activity and HIV and infers that reduction in Nagalase activity to normal levels indicates a cure. 

He does not verify that inference using modern tests for HIV.

Nor does he cite to anyone else who has verified that this secondary marker (Nagalase) is or remains a reliable indicator in the presence of therapy that directly targets Nagalase.

5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Bobitalia

mail  Niaid:
NIAID Office of Communications and Government Relations [niaid@AIR.ORG]
A: xxxxxxxxxx - Italy

This is in reply to your inquiry dated January 8, 2009, to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH), concerning an article reported in the January 2009 issue of the Journal of Virology.

While the report of this immunotherapeutic intervention is very interesting and very important, it is early to know whether GcMAF can actually eradicate HIV. Further research, using modern plasma viral load assays, would be important in determining the significance of this treatment.

That said, harnessing the power of the immune system could be a very potent way to treat HIV infection. A number of strategies are being investigated to suppress the virus and enhance resistance to HIV. NIAID will continue to support the fundamental research that will be the foundation for new therapeutic approaches to HIV/AIDS.

We hope this information will be helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Specialist

Legislative Affairs and Correspondence Management Branch

Office of Communications and Government Relations

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

Offline Bobitalia

mail :
The Hiv Eradication article pubblished by prof. Yamamoto on January 2009 on the scientific Journal Medical Virology, has had little feedback...better say, no feedback at all even by the national and international press too.
This fact is very strange!
Only  some associations have posted the news on their home-pages but the news has dropped away without any feedback.
Some Hiv+ people have activated a series of initiatives to contact the directors of the JMV, responsable of the publication.
The publication of Prof. Yamamoto is rich of significant data and descriptive tables about the research and are of a big impact.
The directors of the magazine, Prof. Zuckerman and Prof. Mahny have answered to the questions, guaranteeing the validaty of the data, eventhough in an elusory way, but at the same time threatening to sue us without any reason. The questions were legitimate and politely done!
Is it possible that nobody wants to comment this article of such a big impact!?
Anyway it has been prepared the following e-mail and sent to the most prestigious agencies.

Dear director  of Aids Operative Centre.
more than 4 months ago has been possible to notice the publishing, on the scientific Jornal Medical Virology, an article on HIV eradication by Prof. Yamamoto, explaining the way he obtained the Hiv eradication in only 18 weeks by injecting, weekly, 100ng GcMAF, an  activating factor of macrophages obtained by the Gc Protein. This is shown by a fully successfull experiment, done  in 2002 on 15 assintomatic Hiv+ patients and non anemic one; these patients have been healthy without having a viral feedback (HIV-RNA, HIV-DNA) and immune alterations such as CD4, CD8 and their percentage absolutely normal) in more than seven years (J. Med. Virol. 81:16-26, 2009).

We have been trying to inquire with the help of the associations, specialists and even embassys without having a feedback, particularly:
1 - [authorised ethic committees]
2 - [centres and patients]
3 - [contacts with the authors]
4 - [contacts with the directors of JMV]

Now, since the issue continues to cause serious disturbance among all the Hiv+, and we are not in the best possible conditions, we ask to You and to Your Institution, authority of national importance, to clear up the points above, in order to ascertain whether we are faced with a falsely  clamorous scientific discovery or a true one.
Certainly we would like to see confirmed the latter one. We are convinced that you would put under exam the GcMAF, a low-cost molecule and of an easy preparation, for further clinical trial in case of the results of Prof Yamamoto would be authentic. This would represent the salvation of millions of Hiv+ people all over the world.
Dispite the disappointment in case the trial is not true, we are greatful to You for having provided to us an answer.
Hopefully in an acceptance of our request, we thank and cordially greet.

117 Hiv+ patients.

Immunotherapy of HIV-infected patients with Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor (GcMAF).Yamamoto N, Ushijima N, Koga Y.
Division of Molecular Immunology and Immunotherapy, Socrates Institute for Therapeutic Immunology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19126-3305, USA. nobutoyama@verizon.net

Serum Gc protein (known as vitamin D3-binding protein) is the precursor for the principal macrophage activating factor (MAF). The MAF precursor activity of serum Gc protein of HIV-infected patients was lost or reduced because Gc protein is deglycosylated by alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase (Nagalase) secreted from HIV-infected cells. Therefore, macrophages of HIV-infected patients having deglycosylated Gc protein cannot be activated, leading to immunosuppression. Since Nagalase is the intrinsic component of the envelope protein gp120, serum Nagalase activity is the sum of enzyme activities carried by both HIV virions and envelope proteins. These Nagalase carriers were already complexed with anti-HIV immunoglobulin G (IgG) but retained Nagalase activity that is required for infectivity. Stepwise treatment of purified Gc protein with immobilized beta-galactosidase and sialidase generated the most potent macrophage activating factor (termed GcMAF), which produces no side effects in humans. Macrophages activated by administration of 100 ng GcMAF develop a large amount of Fc-receptors as well as an enormous variation of receptors that recognize IgG-bound and unbound HIV virions. Since latently HIV-infected cells are unstable and constantly release HIV virions, the activated macrophages rapidly intercept the released HIV virions to prevent reinfection resulting in exhaustion of infected cells. After less than 18 weekly administrations of 100 ng GcMAF for nonanemic patients, they exhibited low serum Nagalase activities equivalent to healthy controls, indicating eradication of HIV-infection, which was also confirmed by no infectious center formation by provirus inducing agent-treated patient PBMCs. No recurrence occurred and their healthy CD + cell counts were maintained for 7 years.

s.o.s. FROM ITALY

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?

Look on the bright side --------- the injections could be subcutaneous!!!! (lol).

I did weekly sub-Q injections for a year when I was on Interferon for hep C. They were a horror! I never could bring myself to stick myself - my daughter usually did it for me. I was fine once the needle was in and I could take over from there, but I could never stick it in me. I'd break out in a cold sweat and start shaking! I'm such a wimp when it comes to needles. Intramuscular injections would be even worse, IMO.

I think you have precisely fingered the weak point in both the cancer and the HIV papers; he has concluded that Nagalase activity is a marker for cancer activity and HIV and infers that reduction in Nagalase activity to normal levels indicates a cure.  

He does not verify that inference using modern tests for HIV.

Nor does he cite to anyone else who has verified that this secondary marker (Nagalase) is or remains a reliable indicator in the presence of therapy that directly targets Nagalase.

Thanks for that, I'm glad it's not just me who thought it was strange.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline parteboy

not sure if its just me but on page 19 of the journal article he describes the method he used to measure viral load

HIV-1 RNA in serum was measured by a RT-PCR kit
(Amplicator HIV-1 Monitor, Roche Diagnostic Systems,
Basel, Switzerland) as described by Hashida et al.
[2000]. The cutoff value of this assay is 400 copies/ml.

whilst 400 copies is not a cure maybe its enough to keep the balance and hence manageable.

Even if this is not a lead its seems as if we constantly write articles about refuting the research. it seems to be discussion paper after discussion paper. why not just check the results, check the patients and then either say yay or nay....

What i am extremely surprised about is the lack of a global reseach catalogue. A central repository of all research that is going on, been done, being thought of. i just read a couple of articles and they are talking about the same thing.... Isn't this just duplication of effort?

Anyway just my thoughts and feel free to correct me if I read the journal incorrectly always up for learning how to read research papers.

Offline georgep77

Somebody get me the "18 weekly administrations of 100 ng" I'll do it

I'm going to tell,  if this treatment works or not.

:)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:22:20 am by georgep77 »
+ 2008

Offline Bobitalia

if this treatment works or not   :)
OHHHHHHHHHHH
YES!  if or if .

Thank you very much :)
Re: Re: FW: FOCIS 2009Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:54 PM
From: "nobutoyama@verizon.net" A dd sender to ContactsTo: xxxxxxxxxxx.

Dear xxxxx

I wrote you and ask Dr. Benson to foward it to you (see below). But apparently, he did not. I read your email address to Dr. Benson today.

Regards,

Dr. Yamamoto
-------------------------

Jun 20, 2009 03:24:42 AM, nobutoyama@verizon.net wrote:

Dear xxxx

Up to the recent FOCIS meeting, we presented clinical studies supported by Japanese IRB. We do not plan to present our studies in future HIV Meetings, until US IND approval and clinical studies.

Your statement “amazing results” is over exaggeration. All HIV virions in patient blood stream are bound with anti-HIV IgG (non-neutralizing). Activated macrophages have a large number of Fc receptors that rapidly phagocytize IgG bound virions. In fact, one Japanese group (Nakagawa et al. 2003) already published that oral administration of a feeble macrophage activating agent NK-4 increased CD4 counts and decreased Nagalase activity with Thai HIV-infected patients (Anticancer Res 23: 4389-94).

If you are interested in GcMAF therapy, we are glad to help you as soon as IND approval. In your next communication with us, please identify who you are (e.g., your institution, position and title). Otherwise, our Record Department easily dismisses your request.

Sincerely,

Nobuto Yamamoto, Ph.D., Director

Socrates Institute for Therpeutic Immunology

------------------------- ------------------------- ----------------------

Jun 18, 2009 07:41:58 PM, cebenson@vet.upenn.edu wrote:

Charles E. Benson, Ph.D.
Professor emeritus of Veterinary Microbiology
School of Veterinary Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104
_________________________ _______
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:51 AM
To: Charles Benson
Subject: FOCIS 2009

Dear Charles Benson.

I have read the article available on line http://www.sciencedirect. com/science?_ob=ArticleUR april 2009 ( you have presented that research at FOCIS 2009 T101 Treatment of HIV-Infected Patients with Gc Protein-Derived Macrophage Activating Factor GcMAF and Its Coned Derivative GcMAFc Eradicates HIV-Infection ).

I would like to know if you are planning to present that amazing result at IAS or other well known HIV MEETING.

Would you be so kind to provide me some more information about future clinical trial ?

Best Regards

xxxx

Offline stargate12

You have simply posted a list of members of the editorial board of a journal. They aren't actually endorsing a single word of Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto's 'research'.

You are wrong, the scientific members must have absolutely approved the published research, don't forget that is a peer-review scientific magazine. How come you claim the scientific members do not approve a single word of Dr. Nobuto ?  Have you got  more informations ?

Offline Luke

You are wrong, the scientific members must have absolutely approved the published research, don't forget that is a peer-review scientific magazine. How come you claim the scientific members do not approve a single word of Dr. Nobuto ?  Have you got  more informations ?

Actually, I am not wrong. They are simply the editorial board and are in NO WAY endorsing his claims to have eradicated HIV in his test subjects. Where are you getting your information from? I assume you don't understand the process of peer-review if you think they are agreeing with him.

Also, I didn't actually say anything at all about not approving what Yamamoto says. I said that they hadn't endorsed it. Subtle, but very crucial, difference. Clearly it has been approved for publication; but in a month of Sundays that can't be stretched to imply that they in any way agree with his conclusions.

The mistake, of course, is to have thought that peer review was any more than a crude means of discovering the acceptability — not the validity — of a new finding.
Richard Horton, editor of the The Lancet
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:07:54 am by Luke »

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
You are wrong, the scientific members must have absolutely approved the published research, don't forget that is a peer-review scientific magazine. How come you claim the scientific members do not approve a single word of Dr. Nobuto ?  Have you got  more informations ?

Publication of a paper in a peer reviewed scientific journal does not mean that each member of the editorial board agrees with all statements made in the paper.  In fact few, if any, of the members of the editorial board may have read the paper before publication.  The editorial board usually serves as a pool that recruits authors and papers, recruits peer reviewers and oversees the procedures for review at a rather general level.  They don't all get involved in the review of each individual paper.

Assurbanipal (who has both published and peer reviewed)
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
According to the CATIE article, re: the 400-limit viral load assay,

In these five people, viral loads fell to low or so-called undetectable levels over the course of the first six weeks of the study. Bear in mind that the viral load assay used in the study had a lower-limit of quantification of 400 copies/mL. More sensitive assays with a lower-limit of quantification ranging between 75 and 40 copies/mL are routinely used in high-income countries such as Japan. That the MAF research team used an older and less-sensitive assay is unusual and suggests that its pilot study was done many years ago when high-sensitivity viral load assays were not yet available. As a result of using the 400-copy assay, it is possible that low-level viral replication that the assay could not detect was taking place in study participants.

It's also possible the viral loads could have been as low as undetectable or <50 but there's no way to tell if 400 was the lower limit of that particular assay.

This work obviously needs to be repeated, which is the hallmark of any experiment worth it's salt: can it be reproduced? If that is ever done, more advanced and sensitive viral load assays can be used and the validity of the therapy can be better assessed.

It's confusing to know where things stand with this, at the very least it deserves a closer look and legitimate peer review.

PS: I assume the mention of "University of Pennsylvania" in one of Bobitalia's posts was a typo because if they are involved with this it does give the whole thing more credibility.

Offline Luke

PS: I assume the mention of "University of Pennsylvania" in one of Bobitalia's posts was a typo because if they are involved with this it does give the whole thing more credibility.

No, it isn't a typo; but nor does it imply the University of Pennsylvania's direct involvement or endorsement.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
No, it isn't a typo; but nor does it imply the University of Pennsylvania's direct involvement or endorsement.

I didn't see any mention of University of Pennsylvania in the link you provided. It's possible I missed it but I looked carefully. The Socrates Institute for Therapeutic Immunology, which is mentioned and is in Philadelphia I believe is Yamamoto's company.

I do think that an established Ivy League institution such as U Penn would not want their name anywhere near any research that would tarnish their stellar reputation. I'm still not convinced they are involved though, the only indication seems to be one of Bobitalia's posts on this thread.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.