Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:25:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773195
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 260
Total: 262

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I got my schedule!  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
I got my schedule!
« on: June 22, 2006, 06:45:56 pm »
For next year. :) We do a schedule for A-F. Each day is given a letter in order. So the first day will be an A day, and then through F, and then starting back at A. Okay? So a class I have A-F is every single day. If I just have a class A, C, E days I have it every other day. Got it?

Period 1 (A-F) - ALGEBRA 2
Period 2 (A-F) (Semester 1) - CREATIVE WRITING 1
Period 2 (A-F) (Semester 2) - INTRO TO SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY
Period 3 (A-F) - HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
Period 4 (B/D) - HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE LAB
Period 4 (A, C, E) - PHYS ED GENERAL
Period 5 (A-F) - ART 3
Period 6 (A-F) CP BRITISH LITERATURE
Period 7 (A-F) HONORS WORLD HISTORY
Period 8 (A-F) SPANISH 3
Period 9 (A-F) CP GEOMETRY

So, I got both math classes that I wanted, AND the writing classes I wanted. Observe - no lunch period. I'll be working very hard. I didn't get HONORS BRIT LIT because apparently I was missing a pre-requisite paper that I was NEVER told I had to do. Fuckers.

Oh, well.

What do you guys think of the classes I chose?

Offline Nadine

Re: I got my schedule!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:06:29 pm »
Wow Jaser, that's quite a schedule you have!

I don't really get the A-F thingy though.  ???

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:22:49 pm »
Okay, the first day of school will be an 'A' day.
Second day 'B' day.
Third day 'C' day.

And so on.

Until day 'F', the day after, we start back at 'A'.

So if I have a class A through F, I have that class every single day.

If I have a class A, C, E days, it's every other day. As is B, D, F.

So, yeah.

We do that so if there is a snow day or a holiday, we don't have classes schedule per day of the week, so I won't miss a class, it always goes in the same order. Cause let's say we have an A day, and then a snow day. The day after the snow day will still be a B day even though we didn't have class the day before.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:42:07 pm »
OMG...I'm more confused than ever! LOL

Must be my blond hair!  ;)

anyways, your classes look cool, you sound very pleased with them.

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:01:29 pm »
OOOOOO Sci.Fi and Mystery is a good class...i took that....

Honors World History? IMPRESSIVE! :)  Have fun...that is a cool ass class! -one of my favorite non-art classes :)
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 10:01:46 pm »
im worried that you have no lunch...you have to eat..you shouldnt go all day without eating something.

Guess the Mom in me is coming out.

Teresa

P.S. congrats on the honors classes. You are one smart mouse!
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 02:45:20 am »
Just keep a little cheese in your backpack to nibble on.  :D

I'm impressed Mr. Smartymouse!
Member since March 2004

Offline allanq

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:49:51 pm »
I don't know how many courses you're taking that are over and above what's required, but 9 periods a day of classes without a break seems like too much, even for a very bright person such as yourself.

I think it might be best not to schedule so much. Having one less course could give you the opportunity to spend extra time on a course that you find especially interesting. (Or to just give yourself a break.)

Between school work and extra-curricular activities, students nowadays seem to have too much of their lives scheduled. I think everyone needs some free time in their lives.

Allan

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 02:31:26 pm »
Everyone keeps saying that - but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. I don't like going to lunch, and I can eat throughout the day, especially if I get the teachers I requested, and generally in my highschool the food/drink rules are pretty relaxed and as long as you're not throwing food around and making it really noticeable that you're eating no one says anything. :)

And I am pretty happy with my schedule cause I got everything that I wanted, so I'm not really willing to take anything out. I'm especially lucky I got the writing classes because they're in high demand, I need to take the Spanish class, and I promised my parents I would continue with Art, so I need to keep Art 3 in there. I went through a lot to get Algebra 2 into my schedule.

Everything else is required.

Offline Christine

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 06:48:43 pm »
I think you are one smart guy! I am impressed! Just make sure you get enough sleep, and eat well, and take care of yourself. The Mom in me is coming out too!

And hey, you don't have gym first period. That is a good thing. I had that one year, and it was gross.

Hope you are enjoying your summer!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Jody

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 07:07:07 pm »
That's quite a schedule Jaser...The science fiction and fantasy course sounds very cool, I think you will really enjoy that...Algebra and geometry in the same year, wow that is alot...I actually found trigenometry easier than geometry which I really bombed in...And get your exercise in gym, that will help you stay healthy and strong !!!

Good luck, someday I predict you will be a huge success !!!

Jody  ::)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 07:58:31 pm »
Wow, that is impressive!

Wish I'd had classes like that in high school -- maybe I wouldn't have been bored enough to dip into the donut sales fund of the National Honor Society and buy beer after school on a regular basis.......

Good luck to you, kiddo!

Take care (and don't buy beer with donut money)
John

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.