Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:31:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: might be infected  (Read 6472 times)

Offline bkdude

might be infected
« on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:27 am »
Hello Guys i am a newbie here .

Here's my story

9 months ago  i had an unprotected sex with  an older lady .After 3 days i started  having some weird symptoms.The lady i was with  she told me  , she was diagnosed  for mono  and i was bit worried.Maybe that's why  i felt all the symptoms.
everyday i used to wake up  , i had to puke .

Now all sudden  i noticed a white path on very back of my mouth  on the left side.That's got me to worry and i have this cold blister or fever blister on my upper lips.I used to be  220 lbs  now i am 214lbs  but everytime i finish eating my weight bit increase   then after i pooped  it goes back to 214lbs.

I've been having running nose lately. i know  i can't diagnose myself online  but i am just curious to know  what are these symptoms that i feel  .If they are related to hiv or other stds..
inside mouth cheeks.. i have two painless bump , to me they look like something that i bite but who knows..  please help

Offline bkdude

your symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:56:35 am »
what was the first symptom you had ?
I need to know  because i think that i am  HIV+

first symptom was: vomit in the morning

feeling weak,one  bump at the back of my tongue
weight used to be 220lbs  now  214lbs  on my 9th months

9 months later i developed a white patch  at the end of my mouth which is unclear to me.
-stuffy nose,running nose
-sore cold on lips    , some says it looks like fever  blister.
- i feel warm inside but outside is normal.
please let me know if any of these could be  hiv+ symptom or anxiety

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: might be infected
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:04:18 am »
You had unprotected intercourse so as a precaution you do need to get tested for HIV. Since that event was 9 months ago, you can get tested now and get a reliable result.

HIV is not easy to transmit and it's significantly more difficult to accomplish from female to male. Given that it was a single incident the odds are in your favor that you are going to test negative.

As for your symptoms, there's nothing even remotely HIV-specific about them. You should be discussing that problem with your doctor.

You do need to learn from this experience. You can have intercourse with anyone you choose. Just do it the safer way and always, no exceptions, use a condom. They provide very effective protection.

Good luck with yoru test result. I expect you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline TabooPrincess

Re: your symptoms
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:05:43 am »
I think this should be in the am I infected section?  It sounds like you haven't tested....
09/ 2008 - Seroconversion
11/2008 - Tested pos, cd4 640 vl 25400
12/2008 - cd4 794 vl 27798, 35%
03/2009 - cd4 844 vl 68846, 35%
06/2009 - cd4 476 vl 49151, 33% (pregnancy confirmed)
08/2009 - cd4 464 vl 54662, 32%
Started meds for pregnancy (Kaletra, AZT, Viread)
09/2009 - cd4 841 vl 3213, 42%
10/2009 - cd4 860 vl 1088, 41%
11/2009 - cd4 771 vl 563, 38%
12/2009 - cd4 885 vl 151 42%
Discontinued meds after baby born
02/2010 - cd4 841 vl 63781, 38%
05/2010 - cd4 1080 vl 113000, 39%
08/2010 - cd4 770 vl 109242
12/2010 - cd4 642 vl 111000, 34%
06/2011 - cd4 450 vl 222000, 33%
11/2011 - cd4 419 vl 212000, 24%
03/2012 - cd4 280 vl 118000, 26% (repeated Cd4 at 360)
05/2012 -cd4 360 vl 99,190
10/2012 Atripla, cd4 690, vl 80
12/2012 Darunavir, norvir, truvada, Cd4 680, vl u/d
07/2013 cd4 750,ud

Offline bkdude

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:13:48 am »
Thanks Sir Andy  for your fast reply.I will definitely  do that.

I was bit scared to go for test.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:33 am »
what was the first symptom you had ?
I need to know  because i think that i am  HIV+

Quite right Taboo.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 12:56:51 pm »
EVERYONE who goes to get tested gets nervous and scared. Fortunately having those feelings are no accurate indication of a forthcoming test result.

The odds are in your favor that you will come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:08 pm »
BK, this is the only section in which you should be posting questions and comments. And keep all of your entries in this same thread. I've merged your threads.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:04:00 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline bkdude

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:07:28 pm »
1) When does  oral thrush start on hiv?

2) Can you be hiv + without having any symptoms?

3) How can you tell if you are hiv+ without having  testing yet?

I am worried about my back mouth.. close to my wisdom tooth  on the left side.
when i look further  back  going  below  tongue area   there's this  white  color area on the skin tissue. could this be oral thrush or  cancer?  could that be a symptom of hiv?
the skin tissue  look  like this picture  the white area  http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/HARDIN/md/pictures22/cdc/6054_068_lores.jpg  mine bit whiter.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:40:02 pm »
1. Oral thrush is diagnosed by a doctor.
2. Yes
3. The only way to know your status is by testing.

Offline bkdude

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »
i feel burning inside   and sometime i feel  cold inside    is that one of the symptom of hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:15:38 pm »
TEST now and your test will be conclusive.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 07:31:15 am »
No, those are not HIV-specific symptoms. We can't diagnose anything here but that sounds more like something related to anxiety than anything else. If those symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

Meantime how about putting an end to this worrying about HIV and just getting yourself tested. It seems pretty clear you will do it eventually, so how about not dragging this out any further and just doing it.

The odds are in your favor that you will test negative.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.