Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:42:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: in your opinion do the meds age your face?  (Read 21110 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: in your opinion do the meds age your face?
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
I was really thinking of the deluded types my age on my local Internet cruising site, for example.
Just saw one i know well, claims to be 35, is 50. He looks perfectly hot and great for 50, but he simply can't go there.  And only wants to screw young guys as well.  Screwed me when me met, but maybe it was a mercy fuck!  LOL
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »
I have a friend who just turned 48 and I'm quite sure he still lists 39 on pick up sites, and he only aims for the "barely legal" 18 year olds if possible. It's quite sad. I've known him for 20 years so it wasn't a big deal back then, being 30 and dating guys ten years younger but now it's just scary. Now, he looks good for his age, but not 39... maybe 45 would pass, and he stays slim thanks to Miss Tina.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 06:56:35 pm »
The last time I had a date with a guy he lied about his age and that ruined it for me and I didn't want a second date . It was a blind date and he had told me his age on the phone so I actually confronted him about it when we met . After one glass of wine I asked him whats the deal with you telling me you are 45 , is that internet years or what . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »
Well, some guys lie about their age but they really don't think they look 10 or 20 years younger.  They are just ruthless or desperate to get laid.   Also, its kind of a different subject - mature guys who only want to date younger.  When I said "deluded" I was referring to the guys who really believe they look a decade or more younger.  Naturally this can occur much earlier than 50! I know 35 year olds who truly believe they are convincing skater types!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:13 pm »
Maybe a complex forumula is needed?  Or maybe a simple one;  multiply listed age by 2 and subtract 15.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2011, 01:36:24 am »
The last time I had a date with a guy he lied about his age and that ruined it for me and I didn't want a second date . It was a blind date and he had told me his age on the phone so I actually confronted him about it when we met . After one glass of wine I asked him whats the deal with you telling me you are 45 , is that internet years or what . 

I actually give people a chance to come clean about their age if I think they're lying about it.  I almost find the guys who lie about 2-5 years to be worse than the ones who make up the massive lies.  I mean who thinks the difference between 37 and 39 is a dealbreaker?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2011, 01:42:55 am »
I actually give people a chance to come clean about their age if I think they're lying about it.  I almost find the guys who lie about 2-5 years to be worse than the ones who make up the massive lies.  I mean who thinks the difference between 37 and 39 is a dealbreaker?

Its just the lying as a first impression that breaks the deal for me . Its not attractive .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 01:45:25 am »
Its just the lying as a first impression that breaks the deal for me . Its not attractive .

I definitely feel you on that one.  Lying about something as inconsequential as age.  Truth of the matter is if you find someone attractive knowing the number that quantifies how many years they've been on the planet shouldn't change that.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 06:41:55 am »
The only deal breaker for me is when they lie about their name and I'm never able to find them again.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.