Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:26:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 224
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Really think somthing is wrong.  (Read 13165 times)

Offline cnscred

• Standard
Really think somthing is wrong.
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:12 am »
So I am really looking for some advice/ opinions. My story briefly: I had unprotected vaginal intercorse for close to 5 minutes before i put the condom back on. When I finished later I noticed small abrasion to my penis from the rough sex. 3 weeks later i developed weird symptoms. I had red bumps on both forearms, nausea, fatigue, loss of apatite. No fever though. I really began panic mode. I tested with oraquick swab at 1 month,negative. then i took a elisa 3rd generation at 1 month 4 days negative. the symptoms pretty much remained so at 6 weeks I took another elisa with a negative result. Just a few days ago I took my 8 week elisa and that was negative also.

My question would be how accurate would those test I have taken to this point be? would me having symptoms of ars mean that my immune system is strong enough to make antibodys? Maybe my body isnt making antibodys so would me getting a 4th gen test done be better? thanks for any advise

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Really think somthing is wrong.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:51:08 am »
You did have a risk and you were right to test . The appropriate time to test is 6 weeks post exposure , you did and it was negative . You will need to wait until 3 months post exposure ,  then you can test for your final conclusive result .

It would be rare for a 6 or 8 week test to come back positive at 3 months so I think you are going to come out of this OK .

You symptoms are specific to HIV so if you are feeling unwell see your doc and find out what's wrong , it doesn't sound like HIV . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:54:11 am »
cn,

While you are unlikely to go on to test positive this time, you need to stop having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse with persons of unknown (or positive) hiv status. You may not be so lucky next time.

Please make sure you confirm your negative result at three months.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 11:25:34 am »
Thanks for the answers! they are a bit of a relief, but I still can't put these symptoms to anything else, and way too coincidental. I'm def not making symptoms up due to stress.

Would the most reliable test be to just to wait this last month for a 12 week antibody? If my 6 and 8 week tests couldn't detect antibodys, could I assume the an rna would be able to pick up the virus now? Thanks.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »
Thanks for the answers! they are a bit of a relief, but I still can't put these symptoms to anything else, and way too coincidental. I'm def not making symptoms up due to stress.

Would the most reliable test be to just to wait this last month for a 12 week antibody? If my 6 and 8 week tests couldn't detect antibodys, could I assume the an rna would be able to pick up the virus now? Thanks.

Its best to wait the full 3 months post exposure so you wont be left uneasy wondering if you tested too soon .

As for symptoms , HIV is but one of the many of thousands conditions they could relate too , so the odds overwhelmingly are in your favor that its not HIV .

When it comes to guessing whats wrong instead of seeing a doc , Google is not your friend .       
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »
Thanks for replying to me. I know yall read threw tons of posts and answer alot.

I just cant help but think these symptoms are due to hiv. Ive never had loss of appetite, Esp for over a month! And the nausea and fatigue persists. I had been reading threw some of the other forums on here and had been looking at other peoples seroconversions and they kinda sound like mine with negative tests also!

Needless to say im soo worried. Is there proof that drawn out ars lasting longer than the "average" time frame makes seroconverting delayed? I have read that delayed seroconversion is a myth?? Im going to see my doctor in 2 days for some tests. I think ill order a 4th gen test, so maybe they could see the antigen if my body isnt making antibodys? thanks so much.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »
If your body was no longer producing antibodies you would be in the hospital near death .
By the time a person stops anybody production they are a few days if hours away from death .

I bet the minute you accept that you do not have hiv after your 3 month test all of your symptoms will vanish . I had a friend stop over at my house last month , she told that  her grandchild had got head lice at preschool . I was never near this woman or the child but I be damn if my head didn't itch like crazy for a week until I asked the guy that cuts my hair to look at my scalp , after he told me there was nothing there the itching stopped . Stop telling yourself you are sick and see if you feel better and try to find something to do until you test again other than reading about HIV and its symptoms .

I be you will come out of this OK , so get busy with something fun to take your mind off all this .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 06:33:52 pm »
Thanks for your answers.

I still am feeling pretty horrible with symptoms... I am still experiencing loss of appetite, fatigue, joint pain in elbows, and pains under my arms, and these weird red bumps on both forearms. most of the symptoms have been here since week 3, it is now almost 11 weeks and still feel it. I know ars is not supposed to last this long, but I was reading some of the forums on here and read that other people were having long ars bouts also.. My tests have been all negative at 1 month, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and just recently 10 weeks negative using eia 1 and 2 antibody test.

Wouldnt my 10 week be able to detect it by now?, I now have about a week and a half till i get to my 12 week test, have you ever seen someones change to positive with a neg 10 week?

Why does ars last longer in rare cases?

Could i get a 4th gen now and be conclusive?

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:43 pm »
cn,

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. With that ten week negative result, it's a foregone conclusion that whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Jeff did tell you that you wouldn't be satisfied with a less than twelve week negative, and yet here you are. You should have just waited and got your official conclusive result in another two weeks.

Your six and eight week negatives were never likely to change and you've got more chance of winning a multi-million lottery than you are to go on to test positive after a negative at ten weeks.

Chill out already and again, if you feel unwell, go see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv. You have - for all intents and purposes - ruled hiv out of the picture.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »
Ive been seeing my gp and got my full cbc back today, everything was in normal limits, but then again I hear acute hiv has no effect on the cbc values.

Im getting pretty desprate for some relief of these symptoms, I just have no appetite at anytime, joint pains are pretty painful, and these damn red bumps all over both arms.

If I had a normal cbc can i put 2 and 2 togeather and say my immune system should be good? I never get sick before this.

I know im sounding kind of repetitive but I am really desperate here.

You guys have been on these forums for quite awhile, did you ever see someone with a long bout of symptoms with a positive test later on? I really cant find anything else that is making me feel so bad.

thank you

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 06:33:36 pm »
Your HIV test at 10 weeks isn't going to change so you need to go back to your doctor and find out what's wrong if you are sick .

I warned you about testing too early so that when your 3 months was up and you tested again you could accept it and move on , your results are not going to change so if you are ill you best be looking elsewhere for the cause . Are you going to be able to move on when its time to test and its negative again ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 06:50:07 pm »
Thank you for the encouragement, it really does help.

I think I could try and focus on another cause for these symptoms if I did get my 12 week done. Ive been a wreck recently and cant do anything productive, prob cause I dont have the energy to.

I will do one more test at 12 weeks and be my final, I will let you guys know the results.

Would having an undiagnosed cancer delay seroconversion?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »
Would having an undiagnosed cancer delay seroconversion?

No , it wouldn't . You are going to have find another horrible disease , this one just isn't going to work out for you .  ;) 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 06:11:34 am »
cn,

Have you tested for all the other, MUCH more easily transmitted STIs, or are you only worrying about hiv?

If it were hiv causing all these symptoms, you would have tested positive by now. The symptoms some people experience are not due to the virus itself, they are due to the process the body goes through while producing antibodies.

Not everyone experiences symptoms while going through seroconversion. That is why neither symptoms, nor even the LACK of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about your hiv status. ONLY testing will - and your test indicate that you do NOT have hiv.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what, if anything, is actually wrong with you. Whatever that may be, it isn't hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »
I have tested for other stis, all negative except hsv1 which I knew I had from years ago from my ex gf.

I really do hope I come out ok from this, but I did already have one disease I caught...

Thanks for answering my questions, it means alot. Im just sitting here feeling so bad, I cant stomach anything cause of no appetite, and diarrhea if I do eat throughout the day. and these damn red bumps on my arms my gf keeps pointing out.

The girl I had sex with is finally going in for her test, so I will feel good if hers comes back negative, then I will have to find something else that is causing these syptoms like jeff said.

So is 3 months 100% conclusive? or 97% ?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:11:53 pm »
I have tested for other stis, all negative except hsv1 which I knew I had from years ago from my ex gf.

I really do hope I come out ok from this, but I did already have one disease I caught...

Thanks for answering my questions, it means alot. Im just sitting here feeling so bad, I cant stomach anything cause of no appetite, and diarrhea if I do eat throughout the day. and these damn red bumps on my arms my gf keeps pointing out.

The girl I had sex with is finally going in for her test, so I will feel good if hers comes back negative, then I will have to find something else that is causing these syptoms like jeff said.

So is 3 months 100% conclusive? or 97% ?

Three months is considered conclusive. Period.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 12:58:12 pm »
I am about 3 days away from my 12 week test, but now I am scared out of my mind for my girlfriend.

Just lately she has been expierencing headaches and fatigue. I'm so worried that I have infected her. I'm going to get the 4th gen test at 12 weeks. I really do hope my 10 week was true.

It's it common to be infected from swallowing semen? The rest we had protected vaginal.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 01:28:32 pm »
I am about 3 days away from my 12 week test, but now I am scared out of my mind for my girlfriend.

Just lately she has been expierencing headaches and fatigue. I'm so worried that I have infected her. I'm going to get the 4th gen test at 12 weeks. I really do hope my 10 week was true.

It's it common to be infected from swallowing semen? The rest we had protected vaginal.

Thanks

Guilt is likely what's got you into overdrive of fear and anxiety. Your previous negative resut at 10 weeks is extremely unlikely to change when you re-test. All generations of HIV tests in use today will give you a conclusive and reliable result at 12 weeks.

The person who is giving oral is well protected by their saliva which contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

Your gf's symptoms are something she should discuss with her doctor if they persist. At this point you are mistakenly interpreting EVERYTHING that happens to either of you as another sign of HIV when in fact I don't see you having an HIV problem for real. A couple of more weeks and you will get confirmation of that.

Meantime pay attention to other things in your life. You will find that will make the waiting time go much easier than you may imagine is possible.
Andy Velez

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 08:15:34 am »
Thanks for your reply.

My symptoms have finally all gone away. So weird. No more loss of appetite, I finally went out to eat and food was appetizing again, the red bumps on my arms all went away, and no more joint pain. It all went away within a day. This is 11 weeks 5 days from exposure.

I'm glad the symptoms are gone, but I'm freaked out that maybe this was the seroconversion finally ending?

Does seroconversion typically happen when symptoms go away if one had symptoms or body producing enough antibodys to combat?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 08:51:03 am »

Your six and eight week negatives were never likely to change and you've got more chance of winning a multi-million lottery than you are to go on to test positive after a negative at ten weeks.

If it were hiv causing all these symptoms, you would have tested positive by now. The symptoms some people experience are not due to the virus itself, they are due to the process the body goes through while producing antibodies.

Not everyone experiences symptoms while going through seroconversion. That is why neither symptoms, nor even the LACK of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about your hiv status. ONLY testing will - and your test indicate that you do NOT have hiv.

cn,

You don't have hiv. Hopefully your twelve week negative result will finally convince you of that fact.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 04:15:16 pm »
Hey so I'm posting an update/and question. Thanks for looking

I went and did a 14 week post exposure 4th gen test and it was negative.

I was relieved at the results but began to panic when my gf had oral thrush and is having reaccuring uti. And the fact I had all those symptoms for so long and then they all just disappeared a week after my 14 week test, and it was def not symptoms made up from anxiety.

Today is 4 months 1 week post and I've started noticing rashes randomly around my body, no other symptoms.

I came across this article that is well documented and it really freaked me out, wondering if you guys could give your input on it? http://mobile.journals.lww.com/aidsonline/_layouts/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=2010&issue=06190&article=00002

Also if I didn't have enough antibodys at my 14 week test, would the dna portion show up?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 05:30:02 pm »
You are HIV negative . The test you had is accurate and you can rely on the results as conclusive . You need to move on and accept your results as valid .

You have tested way out beyond the testing window period and are conclusively HIV negative .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 05:31:10 pm »
If the HIV infection you are worried about is your girlfriends, not yours, then why not suggest that she test?

I did read the rather exhaustive report of the twenry-five known cases of people who tested negative (or, rather, inconclusice) on the ELISA teats yet developed HIV symptoms. Out of over 33.4 million people living with HIV worldwide, that's what science calls an outlier. Moreover, since the tests seem to al have garnered a faint positive line on the ELISA test, a confirmatory western blot test would have been run to detect the viral particles. By the way, many of these situations seemed awfully sketchy to me in terms of the generation of test used. Most tests used in the US are indeed fourth generation tests, which, as explained in the article, test for antobodies AND antigens.

By the by, that article was not research based, but an aggregate of existing case reports, each of which deserves scrutiny as to the calidity of research that I frankly have no inclination to pursue.

Amd as you mention, your test was a fourth generation so none of the case studies cited in the article apply. The article seems to be a push to get fourth gen testing to be widespread, which would not only catch outliers, but reduce the testing window significantly across the board.

But if you believe that you will be patient number 26 in this rarest of rare situations, by all means spend as much time and money as you want to test as conclusively as you can.

However, it is VERY important that your girlfriend get a full STD panel, including an HIV test. If you are serious about the possibility ot being an outlier of fantastic proportions, you are essentially assigning her a death sentence by not getting her tested. The patients in the study you quote progressed rather rapidly, and the mortality rate was very high.

As your girlfriend is experiencing UTI infections, I certainly hope her doctor has been testing her for chlamyduia and gonorrhea at any rate.

Syphilis, of course, is easily undetected as the chancre is painless and often in an easily overlooked place. Most STDs impact females far more invasively than males. And untreated syphilis, of source, causes irreperable neurological symptoms, madness, and death.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:11 pm »
What test would you recommend I take to this point then? All the doctors are saying my dna portion of the test wouldn't be accurate this far along. But isn't that only true if your body isn't producing antibodies?

Is there any sort of possibility I could be positive with both those tests in your time and experience in your opinions, without the standard answer?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 10:49:42 pm »
What test would you recommend I take to this point then? All the doctors are saying my dna portion of the test wouldn't be accurate this far along. But isn't that only true if your body isn't producing antibodies?

Is there any sort of possibility I could be positive with both those tests in your time and experience in your opinions, without the standard answer?

If I am to play along with your theory regarding being one of these incredibly rare outliers (though you, unlike them, took a comprehensive HIV duo fourth generation test) I would say the following:

As you took the fourth generation test, the latest test which detects not only antibodies but also antigens, you would need to find an infectious disease specialist, not a general doctor, to administer your next round of expensive tests. Because your case would be far above and beyond the cases outlined in the study you quoted, which specifically mentioned the NEED for fourth generational testing to prevent these exceedingly rare tragedies.

Meanwhile, your girlfriend might be getting sicker as undetected chalmydia, gonorrhea and syphilis damages her fertility and begins the slow march towards blindness, madness and death.

From what I read however, most of the people in the study (who did not use fourth generation duo tests but instead used standalone ELISA testing) progressed so quickly that most were dead within nine months. So time seems to be of the essence here, for both of you.

I assume you have gotten her tested?

The odds of TWO people being this incredibly rare outlier is beyond astronomical.

She could already be tested, and if positive, be on meds that will alllow her to lead a normal life, have children, continue to fulfill her dreams. Each day you spend not getting a full STD panel (not just HIV) done on the woman with whom you had unprotected sex after you had unprotected sex with another, is a day lost to testing and treatment.

Lost, to quote Roy Batty, like tears in rain.

However, I do NOT subscribe to your farfetched and unsubstantiated theory and your misinterpretation of a study that patently had NOTHING to do with you. You HAD a fourth Generation test.

You tested negative.

You ARE HIV negative.

However, you need to get yourself and your girlfriend tested for the other STDs that you COULD have. Chlamydia, which is outpacing antibiotics and takes multi-pronged therapy. Gonorrhea, which is doing the same - and both of which can render a woman infertile.

And syphilis, which can lie dormant for decades before literally eating a persons brain from the inside out.

HIV is not your problem. I suspect you know what a decent person would do at this point.

Welcome Thread

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 10:53:31 pm »
What JK said  ^ , especially the last part . Listen and learn .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 10:26:02 am »
I'm not sitting here trying to find ways to discredit science behind testing. I know there are always rarities that no one can really explain in the medical field. I'm also not trying to be a "worry well" as you guys call it, believe me I want all this to be behind me and get back focused on my life that is being put on hold ATM.

I just wanted some real opinions from you guys after the years of knowledge and time being on these fourms.

It just makes me question my negative results, because one the girl that possibly exposed me refuses to test when I have asked her multiple times. Two those symptoms I had for so long were all unexplained in the time frame when hiv symptoms typically begin, but Also took so long to go away.

I had read on the I tested positive page where people had some strange symptoms and tested negative, only to come up positive later, which makes me worry that is my fate.

Sorry to be a nuisance but I just can't get back on track with my life until I get a fully conclusive test result? Or a cause to those symptoms which my doctor couldn't give me.

I'm going for another elisa this week since the symptoms are gone, maybe I had converted? Would all you guys have the same opinion that I am conclusive?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 10:38:51 am »
You're HIV negative. Period. There is no science-based reason to doubt the validity of your HIV negative test result.

This is all about drama in your head and guilt about having cheated on your gf. We can't help you with that. You did what you did and now you need to get on with your life.

We focus strictly on HIV here. If you have concerns about other possible STDs you need to discuss that with your doctor. We can only tell you confidently that HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 10:16:39 pm »
It's def not in my head or drama as you guys think..

The fact that other people on this very site have had negative tests after the "window period " only to test positive later on is really making me a nervous wreck about taking this test this week despite you guys being so confident about my results.

This will be 17 weeks post exposure, my 4th gen test was at 14 weeks, but I still had symptoms at the time that test was taken. 1) if someone had ars symptoms does that mean they are still converting, and only after symptoms are over they have seroconverted? 2) are you guys all agreeing that I am def negative conclusive? Just need some nerves to go take my last test

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »
We cant help you if you do not believe in our assessments . JK went to great lengths to show why your theory is flawed , we all have .

If you have any further questions you should address them with your doctor . We cant go on over and over a definitive HIV negative diagnosis . HIV isn't your problem so you need to seek help outside of this forum for your irrational HIV phobia . Best of luck .

This ends now , Im warning you not to come back with more of the same or you will be given a time out . Go see your doctor . 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:39:54 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:54 pm »
The fact that other people on this very site have had negative tests after the "window period " only to test positive later on is really making me a nervous wreck about taking this test this week despite you guys being so confident about my results.

Okay, gloves off.

I have been on this site for over ten years, and NO WHERE have I seen ANYONE test negative at three months and THEN test positive. It might not come out instantly, but each and every (scant few) times someone has done this, they have admitted to other unprotected anal/vaginal sex, or extended periods of meth or alcohol fueled blackouts during which they had sex.

You will NOT find the argument to support your position here. If such incidences were even remotely common (or had ever been documented) then I would be spearheading the charge to ROLL BACK the HIV transmission guidelines on this site.

I have not, and do not intend to do so.

Sure, we get people who test positive and come in and claim an "immaculate infection." But they almost ALWAYS give themselves away. Sometimes months, years later. But it happens. And in the meantime, they have the worst possible time adjusting to their status because they realize that there's no "good people" or "bad people" HIV.

The older I get and the more friends I lose, the less tolerant I become in those situations.

YOU are HIV negative. Moreover, your silence has told me that your girlfriend, who you ADMIT is showing what you perceive as "symptoms," has not been informed of your activities nor availed herself to a full and complete STD panel.

That makes you complicit in whatever illnesses she might have as the result of A) your misguided actions and B) Your misguided choice to continue unprotected sex with her while YOU THOUGHT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO HIV and C) Her obviously complete misperception of you, unless desiring (at best) a scarred uterus or permanent nerve damage with the possibility of a slow and avoidable, yet undiagnosed death was what she was shopping for.

In which case, of course, well played.

You have tested negative- but only for HIV. You have used your trusting girlfriend as a guinea pig to prove your lack of STDs rather than test at the appropriate time for them all. You have come here multiple times talking about HER symptoms, yet find nothing in your heart that seems remotely concerned with anyone but yourself.

You need to go away now. You seriously need to go away.

you are HIV negative, and I have helped you in good faith.

I cannot do that anymore, and will report each and every post you make from here on until you are timed out or banned.

The next conversation about STDs is not one you need to have with us. And I think you know where that conversation needs to go.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:00:14 am by jkinatl2 »

Welcome Thread

Offline cnscred

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:45 am »
I don't like it how you are making me out to be a bad guy, please don't judge me over the Internet...

For one we have both tested for the common Sti's because she kept having the Utis so her doc tested her.Two I was not having unprotected sex with her until after I got my 12 week negative and every forum I visited saying 12 weeks is conclusive, but after that she started having weird symptoms it really freaked me out, and after reading stories on this site didnt help ease my worrying.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just wanted true opinions from you guys that maybe I could still be infected after my 14 week duo test. I just had so many ars type symptoms that really ate at me, that were just unexplained after an exposure so of course hiv is somthing to worry about.

I'll update my result this week, hopefully

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 11:09:21 am »
Whether you accept your negative test result as valid or not is up to you. As far as we are concerned we are all in agreement here that you are reliably HIV negative. Period. End of story.

I'm now going to warn you that we are not going to indulge you in an endless round of doubts and what ifs about your HIV status. You ARE HIV negative.

If you can't let go of your unwarranted fears I suggest you see a therapist or other professional to help you sort the matter out.

But I will also say if you continue to return here about this same issue, you are going to find yourself getting a time out from the site. Consider yourself warned.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:21:03 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.