Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:27:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 233
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV out in Public and trying to Have a good time with Non - HIV @ Happy Hour  (Read 19035 times)

Offline Miamiguy

• Hard Day of Fishing
Well hello everyone.. another Happy Hour - Friday night has come and gone and I left alone due to my choice. Im not a bad looking guy, & I do alright ..but when it gets time to seal the deal, I remember what I have and what I cant do without protection .. and converstaion. ( Converstaion = informing the other person that I am HIV. ) Anyways .. I am home once again alone and am going to wake up tomorrow with a new day starting. I have been a member of a couple of online paid dating sites for at least 2 years and have met maybe 3 .. or 4 potential females for a possible relationship, but they all ended in a dead end. I dont know why people that choose to join a dating site online never fullfill their desire to have a relationship. All I asked for on these sites is a female that is Thin / Attractive / Loves the beach / and is Drama free.. guess that is a large order to fullfill. She doesnt have to work as I do allright money wise .. but it wouldnt hurt to contribute. I see so many people with HIV on disability and requesting SS which in my opinion is sad. If you can type and be in a chat room 10 hours a day then you can get a job and support yourself as well. Anyways .. my initial point being is that these females where I live think of you as a Sugar Daddy and want you to support them in their life's goals...anyways .. 1 simple female thats not over weight .. attractive .. and has no drama in her life is all I ask for .. its not alot .. I cook .. I clean .. I have my own finances and pay the bills .. without ever having a cigarette or drug in my life. I do have the occassional happy hour cocktail every friday to relax with friends, but it doesnt make me a drug addict or alcoholic.  Anyways .. if youre a female and think you might be what im looking for.. then dont waste 1 min to contact me, everyone have a Great night .. im off to bed to start a new day .... God Bless . If you want better photos if youre a female then send an email to me and I ll forward you pictures. I have nothing to hide but wont send offensive pictiures, just normal ones.

MiamiGuy

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
 I'm one of those sad people on SS . After losing my insurance social security and medicare has kept me alive . I spend allot of time typing away online , it helps me to stay sane because I'm uninsured , unemployed and bored out of my mind most days . Don't misinterpret my tone here I'm not angry that people think I'm a slacker , there is a good reason for me being on SS . I don't think many people would willingly choose to live this way , poor and marginalized . At least I'm alive and who knows if my prayers are answered maybe one day I can work and pay  taxes again and even afford a day at the beach myself .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Miami~  Best of luck to you in your quest for a relationship.  It isn't easy!  I dated and dated lots of neggie guys, disclosing right and left, with lots of rejection.  Its been 12 years since my husband died of AIDS and being single can sometimes weigh on a person.  I am in my 4th LTR since he's passed. I have had the LEAST amount of luck on Poz sites, so I have always tried others, where it was ALL neggie men.

I have found a great neggie guy and we have been together 6 months.  It takes time, but don't give up!

Best of luck to you!
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Optipessimistic

Don't post often so it must have been your charming personality that has led me to post here.   I can't believe a gem like you has not been taken.  Why?  If I was not married right now I would fly my employed butt....

as....

far....

from....

Miami as possible!!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

Opti~  Play nice or stay the hell out.  The man is venting here, for goodness sake!

>:(

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
I'm one of those sad people on SS . After losing my insurance social security and medicare has kept me alive . I spend allot of time typing away online , it helps me to stay sane because I'm uninsured , unemployed and bored out of my mind most days . Don't misinterpret my tone here I'm not angry that people think I'm a slacker , there is a good reason for me being on SS . I don't think many people would willingly choose to live this way , poor and marginalized . At least I'm alive and who knows if my prayers are answered maybe one day I can work and pay  taxes again and even afford a day at the beach myself .

O RLY?  Well, you should be.  Allow me to be offended on your behalf then.  Listen up, Miami:  It's mighty damn presumptuous of you to make such sweeping statements about what people are and ought to be doing.  Some of the people typing away here are doing so from a horizontal position, sugar...recuperating at home or even posting live from the hospital bed.  And a good many of them may be vertical, but are still suffering from all manner of ailments about which you know nothing about.  So pipe down already and go sailing or something.  

She doesnt have to work as I do allright money wise

That's rich.  You go from maligning people here on SS - who have not been so fortunate physically as you have been - to attempting to woo the women with a flash of cash in one big sweep.  Charming.

No luck on the dating front?  Color me suprised.

And Cindy...I gotta disagree with you on this one.  I don't think Mr. Miami was playing very nice either, and some backlash is justified.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

Opti~  Play nice or stay the hell out.  The man is venting here, for goodness sake!

Respectfully Cindy who made you judge and jury? I found his post offensive. Freedom of expression doesn't exempt you from freedom from response.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Oops.  I misread your statement, jg.  I thought you were saying that you understood why people thought you a slacker.  Sorry about that.

The rest of my post stands.

Actually, I'm not sure about your statement, jg.  I can't tell how to read that bold sentence of yours.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:43:47 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
::feels offended::
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

Hey guys, I didn't mean to offend.  I certainly understand that many here are on SS and disability, but who am I to get into a pissing war with Miami?  I try to read posts and just tell myself that people are venting.

I identified with the difficulty Miami was having with dating, as you guys know I went through a rough time last year.

I think Opti was pretty damn harsh, but I see both points of view (Miami's dating dilemma and Opti's offense at the statement).

I just wish people would work on their delivery sometimes.

OK, I'll be quiet now, don't want you guys to get upset with me.

:)

Offline Dachshund

I see so many people with HIV on disability and requesting SS which in my opinion is sad. If you can type and be in a chat room 10 hours a day then you can get a job and support yourself as well.

Maybe you should get out more. I volunteer at a local ASO and over the years have delivered meals to the disabled. Some whose only contact with the outside world is their computer. Some were blind, some were amputees, some were bat shit crazy. Each had one thing in common they would have traded places with just about anyone.

Offline Dachshund

I just wish people would work on their delivery sometimes.

testify

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Miami, I found your post offensive.  You're saying people on disability (as I am) shouldn't be on the computer?  Is that a right reserved only for working people? 

And then you're saying a woman wouldn't have to work?  What do you really want-please do tell.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline dgr20002

I am not gonna say what I really want too but I was waiting on someone to call this guy out on his statement about people on SS.  No one has any right to determine someones eligibility for benefits based on their belief that if they can sit in a chat room all day they can support themselves. All some people are able to do on their best days is chat to keep themselves occupied.

David

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Miami, you've mixed the issues up here and it doesn't serve your main one well -- wanting to find someone in your life.

Focus on what you are looking for in your life and skip the judgemental comments about those who are on SS and disability. In my experience blanket judgements of that sort are NEVER accurate and at the very  least are hurtful  and insensitive to the real life situations of others, including some of our membersi. Just speak from the "I" perspective about your problems and your quest and don't go any further into that other area which is totally irrelevant to what you started out talking about.

As for everyone else, this is the sort of "discussion" that can easily degenerate so I'll just say that now several people have expressed their ire at Miami, back off a bit before sparks become flames. Thanks for your cooperation. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:35:55 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Look, Miami:  I had a peek at your posting history.  I see you are new here and don't appear to be a bad fella, really.  I just think you made some rather inappropriate and sweeping statements without carefully thinking them through.  At least, that is what I would like to think is the case here.  Welcome to AIDS Meds 101 - we are very protective of our own.  And in situations like this, immediate cases spring to our minds from those among our family so we want to defend them.

So after tearing you a new one, allow me to say:  Welcome to the forums!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Welcome Miami ... Now don't start to feel special around here you are not the first to welcomed with a beat down LOL .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline next2u

hey miami,

yeah, thats a tough statement you made. ill have to back cindy on this one, dating is a bitch. in all fairness, a lot of people on ssi are on it for valid reasons. and yes, while some can work, if they happened to lose their job due to illness, fatigue, pn, or any other malady they may find themselves without income & medical coverage. it's really not their fault, as the system is broken and does not reward people who try to work.

back to your main point. dating is a bitch. dating online is even worse. all i can say is cast a bigger net. loosen up on the preferences and be willing to travel. are there any aso's, yahoo groups, or poz travels or retreats in your area? what about volunteering for an aso or aids org? you'd extend your network and possibly meet someone this way. im not saying this shit is easy or that you have endless hours to meet the perfect mate, just offering other ways of meeting people. good luck on your quest and welcome to the forums. if you are successful in your adventure, please share you story. to date, i have not been successful in mine. i do not volunteer, but i am a member of 2 hiv groups and have found one poz activities group. fortunately, i live by los angeles.
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Hmm, I figured I would wait and see what everyone else was going to say about Miami. I was more than ready to rip him a new one. In all honesty, it sounds to me like Miami is looking for some type of Barbie. Isn't there a chick out there who actually did plastic surgery to make herself look like Barbie? Instead of looking here maybe you should do a google search.

It's great that you have money and is living LARGE. Maybe you need to get out in the real world and see how people struggle to live with the disability check they receive. I get one, did not want one but was told that I couldn't work a job anymore. I may not be rich with money but I am rich in personality which means more to me than looking for a person who based on their appearance. You say you have your own money and it doesn't matter if SHE works, hmm, sounds like you're looking for a gold digger to me, shouldn't be hard at all to find those in Miami.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline next2u

haha, tokie kept it real.
sept07 - tested poz
july15 - STRIBILD
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
I don't know why, except for one freak I have been so lucky on the poz sites, to meet the nicest kindest men. Even though nothing came out of it romantically.

Once I met a guy on Poz or Pozmatch, can't remember. He was from 2-3 hours away so that was a good start. We had a good chat on MSN for about 2 hours. At some point he turned on a webcam, and I saw something strange. It turned out that half his face and whole body were paralized from toxoplasmosis, which was how he was diagnosed - first with the toxo then with AIDS. His wife had died from AIDS too. I remember being really shocked b/c his CD4s at the time were twice as many as I had been diagnosed with, a little lower than what I had at the time. I understood how close I was to his state, bedridden, dependent on others, on help from the state, totally and forever.
He was not looking for love he said, he just wanted to talk to someone, we kept talking and he asked for my picture, I sent him one.  I'll never forget what he did, he improved my picture using some program and sent it back to me, so that I would have a nicer portrait to send other men.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline next2u

dragonette,
what happened? are you two still friends? hey, thanks for the info on pozmatch, ill be posting a profile there today.

http://www.pozmatch.com/

on a side note. the guy im trying to date is turning out to be a prude. im still pursuing this, but damnit, my whorish ways may be too much for him. we were talking the other day and he listed 4 reasons he didn't want to go to an event. my response, those are all great reasons to go!!! (white party - drunken men, randy sex, acting a fool, and partying all night). like, what if i catch him checking out some hot guy and decide i'd want to watch them have sex? sheez, i have a job, i go to school, and above all that trivial bullshit (the great american dating standards) i am a nice guy who wants the world to be a better place, is it horrible that i want my partner to be really dirty in bed?

just a thought.
sept07 - tested poz
july15 - STRIBILD
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Next2U, nothing happened. We didn't stay in touch afterwards, we were not friends it was a one time online encounter. He disappeared, I didn't see him online again when I used messenger, and I guess I was also dealing with a lot of stuff to try to contact him again. You can say it was a chance encounter. I mean not by chance but he was not looking for a relationship online in his state, I guess he was looking for someone to talk to just that evening. Months and months later he sent me some invitation to some site, but I never followed it.

I guess that was my association for people spending hours in chats... I had a feeling that he didn't want anyone feeling sorry for him, he said he had what he needed & he was complete with his life, that his helper would help him get on the street in the wheelchair and in the summer he's sit on the promenade and have a beer and he didn't need anything that he didnt have. I have no really idea what went on in his mind, but if I have to guess, he couldn't even entertain the hope of ever getting with a woman and he had to adapt to that awful reality and make himself really accept it.

But a little urge remained, and I guess he wanted to be in control where he was equal as a man meeting a woman, which is where the internet came in... He didn't tell me right away, but once I knew about him, he turned it around like he was helping me, and help me with my quest. It was just giving each other something we needed that evening (though not sex, romance or dating, but still something). He needed to be gallant and I needed to believe in male kindness.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:24:20 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
 I see so many people with HIV on disability and requesting SS which in my opinion is sad.

I agree, it is sad.   You should try living life on THIS end of it, then you would really be sad.

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
I'm not offended.
I've been on SS before. I'm not currently. There are people on SS that don't need to be. Don't anyone try to argue with me about that one. But there are plenty who are on disability who legitimately need to be as well.

His post wasn't intended to offend anyone. Good grief. The no fat chicks thing kinda amused me but hey, he is the one looking for a partner and is well within his rights to post what suits his fancy. 
If I could live comfortably and not have to work hell yeah I'd be all for doing that. His choice of words just rubbed some of ya'll wrong. It seems to me his post was not an intent to piss anyone off. I'm sure he will be more aware of some peoples sensitivities before he posts again.
And if he doesn't, oh well. I don't believe it was intended as a personal attack. So its not a big deal to me.

Its hard as hell to find a partner who fits all your desires. Best of luck to you.

Offline Dachshund

I'm not offended.
I've been on SS before. I'm not currently. There are people on SS that don't need to be. Don't anyone try to argue with me about that one. But there are plenty who are on disability who legitimately need to be as well.

His post wasn't intended to offend anyone. Good grief. The no fat chicks thing kinda amused me but hey, he is the one looking for a partner and is well within his rights to post what suits his fancy. 
If I could live comfortably and not have to work hell yeah I'd be all for doing that. His choice of words just rubbed some of ya'll wrong. It seems to me his post was not an intent to piss anyone off. I'm sure he will be more aware of some peoples sensitivities before he posts again.
And if he doesn't, oh well. I don't believe it was intended as a personal attack. So its not a big deal to me.

Its hard as hell to find a partner who fits all your desires. Best of luck to you.

Gee thanks for explaining it to us Winnie, guess we should just dismiss the feelings of the people that were offended now that you say it's OK.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:35:47 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Well gee smarty pants. I don't believe I suggested you should share my opinion.

Love ya.

Offline Miamiguy

• Hard Day of Fishing
Well let me start by saying I'm very sorry if I offended anyone here. I maybe should have reevaluated the way I posted this thread. I do know that there are people on SS and really need the help .. no doubt about that.. what maybe I wanted to say was there are some people that abuse the system which takes away from the people that really need the help with bills ... medical care and what ever else they need to get by in life.. these abusers are physically fit with nothing stopping them from going out getting what ever they want in life. I met one female who is HIV and working as a stripper in a NYC Club sliding up and down on a pole and collecting SS , I dont see that being right. Am I looking for a gold digger ? no I'm not ..Ive tried the poz online sites with some meets and connections, but like alot of you know, it ain't easy. I know it takes time and patience...guess i was just having one of my moods last night when I vented and didn't think before I posted. Once again .. I'm sorry for anyone getting offended .. I ll now send myself to the timeout bench.

Offline Dachshund

Well gee smarty pants. I don't believe I suggested you should share my opinion.

Love ya.

Sorry W, but I just thought it a tad presumptuous of you to tell us what Miami meant. He's a big boy, he can tell us what he meant if he chooses. We don't need a translator. More importantly, I'm not wearing pants. :P

ps see winnie  

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Not wearing pants aye?  Damn you, you know how to distract me now!

And its so unlike me to be lacking in modesty or impolitely assertive. LOL

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
 Miamiguy I see now that you really mean no malice here , but its clear that you just don't understand how some people get trapped in a system that is not designed for people who suffer life long chronic health conditions . I have had to work while collecting SS just to eat and put a roof over my head . Some might think I abused the system I feel like Ive been abused by the system . Its all too complex to discuss in a simple post within a thread .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Longislander

Hi Miami, Welcome to AM.
When I was reading your post, I noticed you said you left alone because you knew what you could and couldn't do and the conversation. JUst a thought, but perhaps just keep the goal to leave with some phone #'s exchanged. When I met my first BF  in a club after I became pos, we just exchanged #'s. We went on a few dates and I got to know him before I had the conversation.  He got to know me as something other than just a guy with HIV, and we were together for almost a year ( he's neg.)

Good luck, and again, welcome.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
More importantly, I'm not wearing pants. :P

Typical.  At least if you're posting we know you're indoors.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

Typical.  At least if you're posting we know you're indoors.

I have windows, big windows.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
 Tim that's one hot tater you got there
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
I have windows, big windows.

A butt that size would require them, I imagine.  Pervert.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

A butt that size would require them, I imagine.  Pervert.

sad but true :'(

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Tim that's one hot tater you got there

I know that.  I've got eyes.

I've been staring at it all afternoon, and playing with my spud.

-Pow!  -Zing!

I don't need no stinking potato thread to keep 'em rolling!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

I heard the Burger King got arrested for messing around with some tater tots.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
I heard the Burger King got arrested for messing around with some tater tots.

Yeah.  And I hope he fries for it, too!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline next2u

less innuendos and more sex over here please...
sept07 - tested poz
july15 - STRIBILD
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Miamiguy I see now that you really mean no malice here , but its clear that you just don't understand how some people get trapped in a system that is not designed for people who suffer life long chronic health conditions . I have had to work while collecting SS just to eat and put a roof over my head . Some might think I abused the system I feel like Ive been abused by the system . Its all too complex to discuss in a simple post within a thread .

I agree with you jg.....it's a very complex situation.

Miamiguy, I realize that you meant no malice, apology accepted.   Some of us are a bit touchy.   I speak only for myself here, but in my particular case, it's a "pride" thing.   You see, AIDS has stolen pretty much everything from me, including most of my dignity.   So I can be a tad too sensitive to comments that were not directed to me, specifically. 

Best of luck in your search for a mate.

hugs,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Miami---

It's good you clarified what you meant. Uh, a stripper collecting SS, as hard as I am trying, I can't think of a thing to say in her defense. I thought strippers got paid pretty good unless she's one of those strippers with stretch mark and dimples in her ass....*shudders*...Maybe she got a slew of kids? Oh forget it!!!

Future reference from someone from the hood, take it for what it is worth to ya. I wouldn't put it openly out there that you are financially made, maybe say stable. And don't mention sailing right away. You got to leave 'em wondering. It scares the gold diggers away, well, most of them. ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:13:26 am by Queen Tokelove »
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline komnaes

less innuendos and more sex over here please...

On my way!!!!!!  ;D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline next2u

shaun - you gonna give me some of that inner peace? haha, thats comedy.

tokie-love knows how those gold digging hoes operate. they can smell a nugget a mile a way. maybe we should play some kanye for him.
sept07 - tested poz
july15 - STRIBILD
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline komnaes

shaun - you gonna give me some of that inner peace? haha, thats comedy.

Oh yeah, peace of all blissful states of peace is what we call the post-orgasm bliss... ;D

And I don't specialize in comedy.. I am usually not that funny

Peace, Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Miami, thanks for the 'apology.'  Good luck in finding someone.

As for people abusing the system, well, that's not up to use to call who is and who's not.  As for the stripper, well, I was one many years ago, and can tell you that the job doesn't require a whole lot to do, just conning and dancing.  Believe me, if I could get away with it (living on SSDI/stripping) I probably would also.  But, years, weight etc.  has affected me too much. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
 I am sure you are still lovely Betty .... I think we are never too out of shape to work a pole
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
I am sure you are still lovely Betty .... I think we are never too out of shape to work a pole

Oh yes, I believe I'm still somewhat lovely-just not put together as well as I used to be. :P

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Miami, thanks for the 'apology.'  Good luck in finding someone.

As for people abusing the system, well, that's not up to use to call who is and who's not.  As for the stripper, well, I was one many years ago, and can tell you that the job doesn't require a whole lot to do, just conning and dancing.  Believe me, if I could get away with it (living on SSDI/stripping) I probably would also.  But, years, weight etc.  has affected me too much. 

My first thought is that stripping doesn't provide health insurance, and that the stripper is stays on SS to maintain her Medicare coverage.  Alas, HIV complicates EVERYTHING in terms of going back to work

People reading here that are NOT on SS need to keep this in mind:  once you go on SS and, for example, it takes you 5 years to get your body physically back up to speed, how do you explain a 5 year hole on your resume?  Should we all be forced to take a job such as stripping, which has no medical insurance, because it's the only employer willing to hire us?

As Alan said, this issue doesn't work well with simplistic black and white thinking.  I wish it did, but it doesn't.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.