Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 04:33:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 182
Total: 183

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: An on-going thread  (Read 321804 times)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: An on-going thread
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2014, 04:53:26 pm »
Im sorry to hear about the ribs Michael . You are going to have to heal and then sit quietly until you are able to come visit ... so please wrap yourself caution tape and be careful with yourself .

Those that know me know that I am the its all ways something guy ... You and Mitch are now official members of my its always something club .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2014, 03:18:04 pm »
Many thanks everyone.No morphine for 24 hours and survived a poo.

Pain now when I burp , lay too long in any position , blow my nose , or jar my boy. Frequency off all this happening much less , though level off Pain still is involuntarily combined with a vocal reaction to it. Or in other words I scream.

Bloody exhausting time off it though , and yet again my imaginary man servant , Raul ,  is away .Yet again his poor old aunt in Munich is ill !

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:21:10 pm by Theyer »
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline weasel

« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2014, 12:57:57 pm »
Many thanks everyone.No morphine for 24 hours and survived a poo.

Bloody exhausting time off it though , and yet again my imaginary man servant , Raul ,  is away .Yet again his poor old aunt in Munich is ill !

OMG !  I hope you survive with no Man Servant  :o  , I could not .....    LOL's

I do hope you are feeling a little better each day . Sounds dreadful !   
   I'm like an old person now , I put grab bars in my shower . Never know when a leg or two will
 give out while taking a shower  :-[

Carl

P.s.  On a good note :   We got all painting done  ;D

AND I SLEPT TILL NOON TODAY !!!
" Live and let Live "

Offline Theyer

« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2014, 02:43:27 pm »
   OMG !  I hope you survive with no Man Servant  :o  , I could not .....    LOL's

I do hope you are feeling a little better each day . Sounds dreadful !   
   I'm like an old person now , I put grab bars in my shower . Never know when a leg or two will
 give out while taking a shower  :-[

Carl

P.s.  On a good note :   We got all painting done  ;D

AND I SLEPT TILL NOON TODAY !!!

Noon Noon your are a Lark Carl, I am typing this at ,mac said ,1913 and I have just managed 1.5 pain de raisons and a half Gallon of coffee and fresh raspberry and apple juice.

But still no morphine and far less turret,s like episodes off body jerk and scream noise.

As to Raul my imaginary Man Servant is nether here when needed , he seems to have extended family all over Europe , though they do seem to only live in Fashionable Europe . He also has 4 Passports and the worlds largest collection off credit cards , which he intends to do something Jeff Koons with , at least that's the best defense I can come up with when he is done for Fraud. However his insurance Policy , a range off pictorial evidence off Raul and the many Men in High power he has known and there expressions off physical fondness for him they just had to declare will probably steel the deal.

The only reason I get 80 hours a year care is that  so he can claim Volunteer nurse status , a gig his uncle got him with the World Health Authority.

Anyway enough off Raul.
Is the working holiday still appealing ? for God,s sake do not agree to anything that Raul may Post about work offers. The last man who did I have just located in a state psychiatric Hospital in Bulgaria .

I am working towards dealing with what appointments I may have missed due to my ribs and the medical treatment that though pretty effective had a side effect off me being completely off my face..

Yours in solidarity
Michael
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:46:28 pm by Theyer »
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mitch777

« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2014, 07:04:32 pm »

Those that know me know that I am the its all ways something guy ... You and Mitch are now official members of my its always something club .

No offense but I desperately want OUT! I'm getting the feeling I bought an nonrefundable lifetime membership.

In the last three days I had 3 dental visits and a tech guy sent from HP who arrived an hour after we had a power outage. Dermatologist on Friday. Been very behind on catching up here. Maybe tomorrow. lol.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2014, 07:07:46 pm »
No offense but I desperately want OUT! I'm getting the feeling I bought an nonrefundable lifetime membership.

In the last three days I had 3 dental visits and a tech guy sent from HP who arrived an hour after we had a power outage. Dermatologist on Friday. Been very behind on catching up here. Maybe tomorrow. lol.

The only way out of the its always something club is in a coffin ... and it will probably leak because its always something .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2014, 07:28:32 pm »
The only way out of the its always something club is in a coffin ... and it will probably leak because its always something .

Ha! I'm going with cremation.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2014, 07:34:29 pm »
The best bit is its only a part off what goes on ,which M & J when you think about it is hilarious,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2014, 07:38:32 pm »
The best bit is its only a part off what goes on ,which M & J when you think about it is hilarious,

It would take fingers and toes to count the woe's
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2014, 12:58:02 pm »
ON Friday night I  broke/cracked my left rib on bathroom tub ledge must off past out after getting up from Lav, off my face thankfully at the moment, can walk with two sticks but opiates do not aid my posting . Feels better than yesterday but I am still crying out coz it hurts so .dam it .

Quite Michael on FORUMS while he is so medicated

I've been slow to catch up here. Yikes! (((Michael)))

Offline Theyer

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2014, 03:50:41 pm »
I've been slow to catch up here. Yikes! (((Michael)))

Dats OK your insensitivity has only been partially crushing.

I am however surprised how this  healing has progressed.I have gone from the weekend  in huge pain if I moved and had physical jerks also while still.

Could not imagine that by today I am on the whole pain free to the extent I changed the bedding. But I still have these jerks ,spasms, twitch.s and though less painful there still a for a short while incapacitating ,sudden pain so I cannot prevent crying out , they hurt. In between ,nothing.

Anyway physio at Hospice takes a Gander tomorrow, and its a pound to a penny I am off for x-rays.

Any stories would reassure ,

Offline mitch777

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »
So sorry to have partially crushed an already crushed man. Glad you are feeling better and are on the mend. I see from your thread that no broken ribs were involved. Next time make sure to put on your toilet seatbelt. Safety first.

Went to the dermatologist today. Most likely another basal cell surgery on the agenda... an inch or so from my eye. Will delay it until after my return from Alabama. Something to look forward to y'know.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:13:19 pm by mitch777 »

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2014, 07:30:15 pm »
Why, in the HELL, are you going to Alabama?! Especially this time of year. Do you like to wilt in the heat and humidity? I mean, I have to go because I have family down there. There are just some things you have to do. What's YOUR reason!!!

Did I give it the right amount of drama and incredibility?

Hugs, kisses...
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2014, 07:35:39 pm »
Why, in the HELL, are you going to Alabama?! Especially this time of year. Do you like to wilt in the heat and humidity? I mean, I have to go because I have family down there. There are just some things you have to do. What's YOUR reason!!!

Did I give it the right amount of drama and incredibility?

Hugs, kisses...

He is coming to see me ... your banned  ;) . It was rather shocked my self when he volunteered to come visit in the summer . I do have them there fancy cold air holes in the ceiling so he wont heat stroke out on me .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »
I must agree. It's the height of craycray to visit the Deep South in the summer. Especially mid-July through the end of August.

Of course, it's crazy to visit 'Bama any time of the year unless you're attending a Klan meeting.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2014, 09:12:44 pm »
I must agree. It's the height of craycray to visit the Deep South in the summer. Especially mid-July through the end of August.

Of course, it's crazy to visit 'Bama any time of the year unless you're attending a Klan meeting.

You are just jealous because Im fabulous ... non fabulous people are always saying hateful mean things to fabulous people to make up for their lack of fabulousness .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2014, 01:52:09 am »
So sorry to have partially crushed an already crushed man. Glad you are feeling better and are on the mend. I see from your thread that no broken ribs were involved. Next time make sure to put on your toilet seatbelt. Safety first.

Went to the dermatologist today. Most likely another basal cell surgery on the agenda... an inch or so from my eye. Will delay it until after my return from Alabama. Something to look forward to y'know.

I do not understand what the Basel  therapy is, however an inch or so above the eye sounds alarming and I do not like the sound off it

Offline wolfter

« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2014, 05:23:54 am »

Plus, it'll be like the real housewives of Connecticut join HeeHaw.  :)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2014, 12:22:30 pm »
I do not understand what the Basel  therapy is, however an inch or so above the eye sounds alarming and I do not like the sound off it

It's the most common kind of skin cancer. The biopsy isn't confirmed yet but she seems pretty convinced. It's actually under my eye along my nose. A tender area. I had one removed near my temple a couple years ago. It wasn't really all that bad but I'm not looking forward to this one because of the location. Probably too much worry on my part.

Oh, and she also said that I have the early signs of Rosacea. Prescribed some cream that needs to be applied daily... forever. Add another script-for-life. :( I have fair skin like my dad. He has the same issue but I don't think he does anything about it.

------------------------------------------

As for my trip to Alabama in July, my original thought was to visit in September or October but recently discovered that my disability hearing will likely be taking place anywhere from Sept-Nov. Backlog bummer. So, needing a break from the stress and a battery recharge I chose to go now. Heat and humidity be damned. Craycray maybe, a real housewife of Connecticut, lol.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2014, 02:12:14 pm »

Oh, and she also said that I have the early signs of Rosacea. Prescribed some cream that needs to be applied daily... forever. Add another script-for-life.

Child please. I'm younger than you and have already had this issue for 8 years. Get in the back of the line. What cream did you get -- my recommendation is to insist on the clear stuff. Insurers used to balk at it (Metrogel) because it wasn't generic and the white ugly cream was, but as of the past year they now have Metronidazole Gel, USP 1% that comes in a handy pump. Do you also have enlarged pores from the rosacea with gargantuan amounts of puss building up? Do you look like Rudolf when you don't use your cream?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2014, 06:29:28 pm »
Child please. I'm younger than you and have already had this issue for 8 years. Get in the back of the line. What cream did you get -- my recommendation is to insist on the clear stuff. Insurers used to balk at it (Metrogel) because it wasn't generic and the white ugly cream was, but as of the past year they now have Metronidazole Gel, USP 1% that comes in a handy pump. Do you also have enlarged pores from the rosacea with gargantuan amounts of puss building up? Do you look like Rudolf when you don't use your cream?

Have you ever used a Clarisonic?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mitch777

« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2014, 08:51:58 pm »
My heavens! I just got diagnosed with it two days ago. Kenny forgot to bring home the script so I honestly don't even know what it is yet.

As for the symptoms, they are minor. So minor that I didn't bother even mentioning it to her. I just thought it was heredity. Thin skin and blood vessels coming to the surface with aging. No large pores, no puss, no Rudolf. Maybe she was wrong? Maybe she sees it in it's earliest stage and is looking to prevent further issues? I'm not a doctor and really have no reason to doubt her.

It doesn't seem to be a big deal at this point but just not thrilled with another lifetime prescript to be filled and another lifetime regimen. My plate is spilling over in so many ways already. Tired and just didn't need it now.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2014, 11:07:38 pm »
It's actually called nasal sebum -- fabulous! :-\

Supposedly you can squeeze out the excess and apply to heal chapped lips.

Offline weasel

« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2014, 09:15:40 am »
  " Went to the dermatologist today. Most likely another basal cell surgery on the agenda... an inch or so from my eye. Will delay it until after my return from Alabama. Something to look forward to y'know. "

OMG !    I hope you will be OK , sounds dreadful to me .

Sending you a big hug to bring to Jeff  ;D

Have a great time !!!!

Carl   
" Live and let Live "

Offline mitch777

« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

It's the clear stuff in the handy pump. Applied my first dose and I'm still here to talk about it.

@Carl- I'll live but probably will not be able to wear my glasses for a week or so. I will still pass along your hug. Is there a specific technique that you would like me to use?  :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »
It's the clear stuff in the handy pump. Applied my first dose and I'm still here to talk about it.

So it's the same as what I have. You have to use it every day. If I skip a few days it comes roaring back and then takes another few days to get rid of -- by then a week has gone by and my face looks dreadful.

Also, for some reason travel activates it too. I think it's if I go from some location that has "hard water" versus "soft water". Just google "hard water rosacea" and you'll see what I mean.

This happens every time I go home to visit my parents -- the difference in the water between here and there always causes a breakout even if I'm using my rosacea medication.

I've also started to use a facial cleanser before putting on the rosacea medication that has argan oil and is sulfate-free -- it's made here in Philly at a store downtown specializing in natural products and is meant for problem skin types. If you want some you can order it here.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:40:56 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »
my face is not a mess. i think she is just seeing the early signs and is being proactive about it.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2014, 05:17:33 am »
Being as I have very lovely skin, I can only imagine the issues you all are suffering.  ;D  Perhaps it's the over exposure to the sun for all these years?   ;)

Mitch, I hope this doesn't get any worse and is taken care of.  You've sure had your load to carry of late.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2014, 05:56:36 am »
Yeah those skin issues sound awful.  So sorry you're going through that on top of everything else.

Today I'm supposed to start moving; well, whatever boxes I can fit in my car.  So, in my true fashion, I have strained my right lower leg (that's my good side) and pulled a muscle in my right lower leg.  I went to a Med Point (walk in clinic) yesterday and begged the doctor for a couple day's worth of Prednisone.  He acted like I was asking for keys to the vault lol.  He ended up giving it to me though. So, I'm hoping if I take that I can move without too many issues.

The bad thing about where I live is that there are 2 steep steps going off my porch (I mean, very steep), and that makes getting things out difficult, for me.  Then, you have to walk about 1/2 a city block to get to the back where the vehicles are parked.  So that's even more challenging.  But, whatever.  Today is like pre-move day, but I will be taking like the frozen food and my clothes over to the new house, then tomorrow is the "big" move.  Which means, my friend who is helping is getting here at 7 am and we will go get the U-haul.

Wednesday was the closing, and I have keys, and the remote that opens the garage door.  I can't believe it.  It's surreal, and probably will be until I actually have stayed there for about a week.  Please wish me luck and send all the good energy possible!!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline wolfter

« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2014, 07:20:42 am »

Wednesday was the closing, and I have keys, and the remote that opens the garage door.  I can't believe it.  It's surreal, and probably will be until I actually have stayed there for about a week.  Please wish me luck and send all the good energy possible!!

Absolutely sending you positive energy.  I know what you mean, it seems surreal for me also.  I'm obviously upset about my mom's passing, and yet excited at the same time.  That's one hell of a mental conflict. 

Sure wish I lived a tad closer as I'd certainly jump in and help.  DON'T be over-doing it!!!! 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2014, 07:31:41 am »
Betty ... be careful . My momma told me once when I was doing something I shouldn't that if I broke my neck she was going to kill me ... I wont kill you but I would hate to drive that far to meet you for the first time just to give you a spanking . Just saying .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2014, 10:33:45 am »
Congratulations Betty! Wish I were there to help as well. I would tell you to take it easy but we both know THAT'S not going to happen. Guess I will just have to get in the spanking line. Good luck with the move and I hope it all goes smoothly!

On another note, I got the call yesterday about the biopsy. Basal cell confirmed. She said this one will be more difficult for the surgeon but really didn't explain why. She is sending me to Yale. Hope to get an honorary Yale basal cell diploma when he is finished with me.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:15 pm »
Yale A if you are not careful Mitch my dear I might start calling you Ivy.

Never something to look forward to    face  op .  Time to concentrate on 50 years ago when the story would not be so good . None of these fancy creams , just a bucket if you lived in the country, Brown Paper Bag for them there city folk. The village ordered my Great Great Uncle Shawnebus Elindin Ezekiel  To never be seen in public without a milking Pale over his head. Mind you those where the years off the Manor House being the seat off the Mammer-Stokkes . And they where always trying to annoy the Bloomsbury lot.

At least that's what I do , If its possable . Just the breaks in my ankle 50 years ago would off left Me with a lumpy bony fragile foot , which I have got , but so much less lumpy than it would off been and far stronger.

Same way for grafts X years ago majour skill level op leaving evidence know you would never know plus healing faster too , it works for me dear mitch give it a go , you can go as far back as you like

Betty I hope this new Home sees you in one pain controlled ecstatic nestting home maker extraordinaire Dowerger Duchess, invites please , I send all hope that your home will be your Castle , and for your staff to be honest and loyal.

Details please.

Where how and what are you going to do with it . My tip is to simply invite Greg make sure all the bits and pieces needed for re decorating are in the house ,lying around in full view , after 2 hours he won.t be able to stop himself mending making building .

xx

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2014, 11:13:53 pm »
That is fantastic, Betty!
I remember the feeling terror and giddiness I felt when I bought my house.
Lots of happy, boisterous energy heading your way.

I know you'll love it.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:15:56 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2014, 08:32:33 am »
Thanks everyone.  My first time back here since Saturday morning.  Today I'm seeing the doctor (well, nurse practitioner) for my right leg.  It is now swollen and tight, has been since Saturday. 

But, I got my room all put together, and we (myself, my best friend and her son) have the whole upstairs together.  I texted Jeff a couple pics of part of the deck and back yard if he wants to post them here, it's fine with me.  It's beautiful, and was dirt cheap for the type of property it is, and the area.  It's a 2 level (luckily the stairs are not cheap), 3 bedrooms, bath and 1/2, family room, huge living room, dining area, and kitchen with a shitload of cupboard space and an island, which I'm loving.  Oh, and it has its own private spring fed lake.

Moving went well, even with it being about 90F with 95% humidity.  We had lunch for everyone once the boxes were all brought in.  I now live in Michigan, though am keeping the monthly premium Medicaid in Indiana so I can continue to get the Medicare premiums paid for, and see my doctors without huge co-pay. 

My friend has a chihuahua that is very friendly.  However, my cat is not into it yet, she's anti-social lol. 

I'm very excited, and will have pics following, but I'll have to have someone else post them, as I don't know how to do it and don't want to learn right now.  So again, thanks everyone.  It's nice!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2014, 09:17:23 am »
awesome.  Just take it slow and easy and enjoy the journey. 

I got really lucky after my most recent injury.  Even the NP was surprised that nothing was broken considering how huge the knee was swollen.  Hopefully that means the Boniva is working.  :)  I am able to bend it a little today, so hopefully it won't a god awful healing time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:37:54 am by wolfter »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »
It is now swollen and tight, has been since Saturday. 
how's the thrush? please tell us that it's long gone ;)

we're finally about to get a stove back into the house. We had black mold and the house was gutted from front to back (remodeling in the bed and bath rooms is on the schedule for later this month). We trashed the lop-sided, burners-don't-hardly-work stove when we had a trash pickup to remove the front yard's worth of old moldy house pieces. So we haven't had a stove for two months.

Now, what do I cook first? I could make my "aids cookies". well they are actually chinese almond cookies that I ice with smiley faces and "+" symbols when I give them out to Legislators. the peeps at my ASO say I should, especially when giving them to Legislators, call them "positive cookies"; but i love the look on people's faces when I call them my "aids cookies". ROFLMAO or I could make my AMG-cookbook famous lemonbars. or I could make a pecan pie. the last one I made, in the old stove, cooked for 4 hrs and would never set, so I threw it away. And lasagna! I really need to make a pan of lasanga. I just so excited that I will be able to cook food in something other than a microwave and toaster oven.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2014, 07:45:52 am »
The thrush is gone.  I went to see the nurse practitioner at my doctor's and she gave me a 14 day course of Diflucan and a refill on the Nystatin.  That knocked it out. 

Yesterday I went to see her again, but for my injury.  She sent me to have an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot.  No blood clot, but a torn tendon.  So, now I have to stay off of it as much as possible (yeah, right), and elevate and ice. 

Greg, I'm glad your knee's not broken.  One of mine was fractured years ago and it was painful.  We both have to heal.  But I can't see either of us staying down lol.

Mikie, I can only imagine how excited you are to be able to cook and bake.  Whatever you  make, please send some up to me lol.  No really, I'm glad you're getting a stove.

My friend's mother is paying for a landscaper to come, one time, to take care of the grounds here, as a house warming gift.  I have texted Jeff some pics, so if he knows how to do it, he's welcome to post them.  They were only a couple pics of the back yard and part of the deck.   

Next week I have an appointment with an ENT doctor to investigate what's going on with my para thyroid.  Which reminds me, I have paperwork I have to take and give to them prior to the appointment, and since I'll be in that area today, I'll try to get that done this morning.  I keep forgetting about it lol.                    I hope everyone else is doing alright.  This is definitely something new and, for the time being, very exciting.  My friend told me there are grapevines on the property.  Hmmmm.......

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2014, 09:25:28 am »
The thrush is gone.  I went to see the nurse practitioner at my doctor's and she gave me a 14 day course of Diflucan and a refill on the Nystatin.  That knocked it out. 

Yesterday I went to see her again, but for my injury.  She sent me to have an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot.  No blood clot, but a torn tendon.  So, now I have to stay off of it as much as possible (yeah, right), and elevate and ice. 

Greg, I'm glad your knee's not broken.  One of mine was fractured years ago and it was painful.  We both have to heal.  But I can't see either of us staying down lol.

Mikie, I can only imagine how excited you are to be able to cook and bake.  Whatever you  make, please send some up to me lol.  No really, I'm glad you're getting a stove.

My friend's mother is paying for a landscaper to come, one time, to take care of the grounds here, as a house warming gift.  I have texted Jeff some pics, so if he knows how to do it, he's welcome to post them.  They were only a couple pics of the back yard and part of the deck.   

Next week I have an appointment with an ENT doctor to investigate what's going on with my para thyroid.  Which reminds me, I have paperwork I have to take and give to them prior to the appointment, and since I'll be in that area today, I'll try to get that done this morning.  I keep forgetting about it lol.                    I hope everyone else is doing alright.  This is definitely something new and, for the time being, very exciting.  My friend told me there are grapevines on the property.  Hmmmm.......

I would try to post them but I cant seem to email them from my phone or figure out photo bucket ... I bet Miss P would post them for you ... he is a whiz at that and fast at doing it .

I loved the pics and I can tell from talking to you how excited you are ... not sure its the same for you but when I was able to buy a home it had many different layers of emotions other than Yay I bought a home . It was relief from my struggle to provide security for myself and made me feel hopeful and more secure in how I saw my future .

We have had a hard knock life living with HIV so this is a very big deal and I could not be happier for you . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »
Betty Darling enjoy every exciting minute preparing my holiday retreat , much love
m

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2014, 10:21:13 pm »
I will have to text David tomorrow and send him the pics and ask him to post them.  I am excited.  I feel like doing yard work every day (which is unusual), because it's mine.  It's different when it's mine.  The apartment, I did flowers in last summer, but did not want to do it again this summer.  I do feel more stable also, like you were saying Jeff.  Although I never felt uncertain I don't believe.

Michael, you are more than welcome to stay with us.  If you are ever in the US, in Southwestern Michigan, you have a bed.

Edited to add:  One huge difference-we have well water here and I've always (I mean, always) had city water.  The smell is something I have to get used to.  Though the lady does have reverse osmosis and a separate faucet in the kitchen where the well water is very well filtered.   

We had a horrible storm here a couple nights ago, and lost power.  My friend informed me that when that happens you can't even flush when you have well water.  Different.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:27:21 pm by BT65 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2014, 10:31:30 pm »
I will have to text David tomorrow and send him the pics and ask him to post them.  I am excited.  I feel like doing yard work every day (which is unusual), because it's mine.  It's different when it's mine.  The apartment, I did flowers in last summer, but did not want to do it again this summer.  I do feel more stable also, like you were saying Jeff.  Although I never felt uncertain I don't believe.

Michael, you are more than welcome to stay with us.  If you are ever in the US, in Southwestern Michigan, you have a bed. 

OH OH ... the urge to yard work can get expensive fast ... but its so rewarding and worth it in the end, its also really good exercise . I have neglected keeping my house as clean as I prefer because I have been loving the yard work and gardening .

I can't wait to see more pics !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2014, 08:07:45 am »
Uh, Betty -- you sent me a text of a video slideshow. Not sure how you expect me to post that on a web forum.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2014, 08:08:46 am »
Uh, Betty -- you sent me a text of a video slideshow. Not sure how you expect me to post that on a web forum.

Thats what I was hung up on ... didn't know what to do with it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2014, 10:24:37 am »
Yay Betty! I can't wait to see pictures of you in the garden!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2014, 10:06:30 am »
You're absolutely correct Jeff.  I think when those in our situation are finally able to buy a home and have a sense of security, it has an entirely different meaning.  I think that's partly why I got wrongly upset about the trailer comments.  My dream home was never a doublewide but I'm also grateful to have it.  I've managed to turn it into a nice home. 

Betty, I so disagree about well water.  I grew up with well water and detested the water when I moved to Pataskala where everyone was on city water.  It smelled and tasted nasty to me.  I would always pour myself a cold glass of tap water whenever I visited mom.  I'm on a well at my new place and have no plans to change it.  We have the option of city water, but no thanks!

And the toilet thing?  Too funny.  You can still flush your toilet you just won't have any water replacing the water in the tank.  Having lived country life most of my life, I'll share a couple of tidbits.  ALWAYS keep a few 5 gallon buckets in the closet.  If you suspect power outages, fill them and leave them in the tub.  You just pour water into the bowl and it'll send everything down just fine.

Also, try to keep several gallons of water on hand just in case.  Fill things like your coffee pot, kettle, pitchers...etc.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2014, 10:14:08 am »
Be proud of your home Wolfe ... My aunt just bought a mobile home and if I were the type I would be a bit envious because its really a wonderful home .

I love being in the city but miss living where I can do what ever I want without a permit of the city breathing down my neck ... if not for the convenience of where I live I would probably have bought a mobile home and spent twice as much on a work shop out back as I did my home .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2014, 10:16:52 am »
Also survived my first major storm here.  A few nights ago, we had on-going lightening all night long.  It knocked out my central air unit, phone, cable and internet.  The following night, I called my brother to come take me to a hotel as I can't sleep when it's hot.  He brought me a damn fan and placed it next to my bed.  He said it's ridiculous to go to a hotel because of no air.  Screw him...lol

Was surprised I was able to get it repaired so quickly.  I also managed to get the cable company here within a day.  I was a bit shameless...oh well.  They should never send tall goodlooking thin men with southern accents to my home.  :)  I flirted somewhat and he stayed well over an hour.  I gave him a wicked smile when he asked me if I wanted him to check out the bedroom outlet.

We hung out on the deck for about 15 minutes when we were done.  I did the ploy of throwing out a comment about some guy I used to date.  That's a quick way to discover information.  He didn't flee immediately and started asking about where I hang out and such.  I invited him to stop over for a beer anytime he's in the hood.   :o  and he said he just might.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2014, 08:55:11 pm »
Yay Betty! I can't wait to see pictures of you in the garden!

I have no idea how to post pics on here.  I can take them with my cellphone, still haven't found my camera yet.  I suppose I should e-mail them to myself or something, but I don't want to right now lol.  If anyone wants to pm me their cell phone number, I will text the pics to you.

Betty, I so disagree about well water.  I grew up with well water and detested the water when I moved to Pataskala where everyone was on city water.  It smelled and tasted nasty to me.  I would always pour myself a cold glass of tap water whenever I visited mom.  I'm on a well at my new place and have no plans to change it.  We have the option of city water, but no thanks!

And the toilet thing?  Too funny.  You can still flush your toilet you just won't have any water replacing the water in the tank.  Having lived country life most of my life, I'll share a couple of tidbits.  ALWAYS keep a few 5 gallon buckets in the closet.  If you suspect power outages, fill them and leave them in the tub.  You just pour water into the bowl and it'll send everything down just fine.

Also, try to keep several gallons of water on hand just in case.  Fill things like your coffee pot, kettle, pitchers...etc.

Greg, I never drank the city water.  I had a Brita, or drank bottled water.   

My friend said at her old house, when they knew a storm was coming, they got buckets of water so they could flush their toilet.  Guess we didn't expect to get knocked out the other night, but it was a pretty bad storm.  They've had 11 confirmed tornadoes in the surrounding counties, with many people in this and a neighboring county, just getting their power back on today. 

We did find a nice farm mart about 5 minutes away.  They have an orchard and make all sorts of homemade goodies..fudge, different salsas, jams, plus having berries, cherries, and soon peaches and pears.  My friend bought a peach salsa, and it's to die for.  I bought some pumpkin pie fudge and it is soooo good. 

Greg, sounds like you may have a future cable guy in your itinerary.  You should have him fix it so you can get cable for free.  Maybe if you're good he will do that lol. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2014, 09:17:10 pm »

Greg, sounds like you may have a future cable guy in your itinerary.  You should have him fix it so you can get cable for free.  Maybe if you're good he will do that lol.

Even I found it a tad strange when he called later that night to inquire how everything was working.  Perhaps he liked the red silk boxers and tight black tank I was wearing.  I truly was dressed like that because of the crutches, but I probably pranced (even on crutches) a little more than necessary.  :)

Too bad I hadn't had a couple of wines when he called.  We chatted for quite a while considering and I threw that offer out about a cocktail to which he said sure.  I just oh so hate disclosing the next morning...lol  JK folks.

I had peach salsa once but I found it too sweet. 

OH, and I'm having such a thrilling Saturday night.  Paying all my bills online and balancing the check book....whoot, thrills I tell ya.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.