Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:53:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 166
Total: 167

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Time for a look see  (Read 4467 times)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Time for a look see
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:27 am »
OK, I have been focusing on the humps for so long I overlooked some other things.

For one, I haven't had labs done since November, so its about time to get poked again.

I asked for a lab slip from the doctor. He is checking the usual CD4s and viral load, as well as the ever-troublesome lipids and CPKs.

I also have a few other problems to discuss, but they be may more age related than HIV.

I have had to stop taking the Naproxen I have taken for the joint and muscle pain. I was taking 750 mgs a day and it was beginning to really bother my stomach.

So, I am sans pain pills and not really liking it much. I can live with it if I must, though.

I am not sure if the pain is HIV related or not, but I will ask the doc what he thinks.

I also did a naughty thing. A friend wanted to borrow my cement mixer (why I own a cement mixer is a topic for another thread.)

I helped him load it onto a utility trailer. It is a venerable mixer, solid steel and caked with dried concrete from many years of use.

In a word, it is heavy.

It took three of us to lift it onto the trailer, but when I did, I think I did myself an injury. Since then, my back has been hurting and, at various times, it either creaks or grinds.

Feels great when I am in the jacuzzi at the gym. Other than that, it is a bit troublesome.

So, I guess I have a few things to talk about with the doc.

I suspect the CPKs are still high, based on how my muscles are feeling. So, that will be another thing to talk about.

But I have a great idea about the aching back.

I need a young 20-something, preferably muscular and adept with his hands, who could massage my sore spots.

Chances are, I won't get the massage, but it was a nice thought.  :)

HUGS,

Mark

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:18:04 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Time for a look see
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:31:05 am »

In a word, it is heavy.

HUGS,

Mark

;) You should have removed the cement from the mixer, first Mark. It would make it lighter. ;D

But seriously,  good luck on the upcoming tests, and get that back checked out.

I need a young 20-something, preferably muscular and adept with his hands, who could massage my sore spots.

Don't we all!!  8)

Good luck Mark---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bear60

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:24:47 pm »
Hi Mark
I heard that writhing around on some tennis balls will give you a fairly decent massage.  But a 20 yr old would be better.
Hope you are doing ok with the labs.

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:03 pm »
Hey Mark, I'll take 2 20 something yr old massage studs along with a nice bottle of Merlot  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:02:41 pm »
Mark , I am also about to have a full lab test with discussion on the 24 may. I hope you can find some pain relief soon, putting up with pain can drag one down , without in my case really realizing it.

However good luck with the tests and the 20 yr old massuse , I think our health system lets us down by not providing on demand massage , shall we campaign ?

m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »
Regarding the 20-something position post...I can only imagine your interview scheme for potential job candidates and the orientation for the new hire.   :D

BTW, hoping you find relief soon.

Best.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.