Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:53:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 205
Total: 205

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Anne please explain neuropathy associated with HIV  (Read 5628 times)

Offline lindy

Anne please explain neuropathy associated with HIV
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:04:20 pm »
hi. please can you answer me and let me know if i'm at risk for hiv?
first i'l start with first so called risk . I went to a clinic and thought nurse may have used dirty needle because after this a month or two had weird red mark on my arm that looked like a sarcoma after using tons of coirtisone it finally went away. at 11 weeks or twelvew can't rememeber i tested neg.   after this i open mouth kissed someone and my gum may have been slightly bleeding. after this  went to a shopping mall rest room and wipeed my self unknowingly with toilet paper that had blood on it .(wasn't mine) came out of dispenser like this. I don't know how it got there but it was there cause after i wiped i looked down at the toilet paper and the blood was sought of dark almost looked dried.   can you guys tell me if i'm at risk for hiv? i would appreciate your thoughts,  I did not get tested after kiss and toilet paper. everyone told me not to worry. i've been getting weird rash on my forearm also itchyness on my neck and have a sore throat for couple of days. with fever spiradically. also next door neighbor had bleeding arm and brushed against me ,next week is when i came down with rash and one or two days of fever now the sore throat. going on third week with rash.   

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
Re: am i infected
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:20:43 pm »
NO, to all of the above.....

please educate yourself on HIV transmission & prevention....
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline lindy

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:33:29 pm »
thanks AIDS2, i do know transmission risks but i also know theoretical risks, and that is what made me become afraid. My brother is a virologist. and i have asked him same questions and he said probably not but  theoretically yes. there is still that risk and even though small,it is still possible and that is why iv'e become afraid . thank you for answering

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 11:06:07 pm »
Lindy,

There is a theoretical risk of being hit by a meteor while sitting in your lazy boy watching TV.

There is no risk in anything you describe.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:47:15 am »
Lindy,

It sounds to me like you see hiv lurking everywhere, waiting to get you. It isn't. It's a very fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is spread through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

I suggest you seek the assistance of a mental health care professional so you can talk your concerns through with someone face-to-face before this takes over your life completely.

You haven't had a risk in anything you bring to us. Not in the real world.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lindy

Anne please explain neuropathy associated with HIV
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 12:07:57 am »
Hi Anne, can you explain to me what nerves are damaged that is associated with hiv.   Is the neuropathy caused by the meds ?  do you get this in the last stages?? any info would be greatly appreciated

Offline RapidRod

Re: Anne please explain neuropathy associated with HIV
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 02:53:02 am »
Read the "Welcome" thread. Follow the links and you'll get the information on PN. Please keep all your questions and concerns in your orginal thread.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 03:07:11 am by RapidRod »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Anne please explain neuropathy associated with HIV
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:53:59 am »
Lindy,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

In most cases, neuropathy is caused by the meds, yes. However, in order to have any sort of hiv related neuropathy, you have to first actually be infected with hiv. Unless you've been having unprotected intercourse with someone who is hiv positive, it's more likely that you are booked on a flight to the moon for Labor Day weekend than you are to have hiv.

I suggested to you a month ago that you get some professional help with this hiv anxiety - but it looks like you'd rather let it take over your life. It's up to you, but you really don't have to live with this anxiety. There is help available, help we cannot possibly give you on this website. Please turn off your computer and go find the face-to-face help that would benefit you enormously.

As long as you are using condoms for intercourse, every time, no exceptions, you do not have to live in constant fear of hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.