Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:59:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very confused and shaky- blood in hand!  (Read 10654 times)

Offline greeseboga

Very confused and shaky- blood in hand!
« on: January 09, 2012, 06:07:38 am »
The woman was having her period. After her pee, she wiped herself with a tissue. There was some blood in the tissue. Then she barely washed her hands and immediately (within a few seconds only) started to masturbate me using baby oil. Her hand had some blood stain and some vaginal secretion. My worry and question is:I hear the mucuous membrane of the penis easily absorbs hiv infected fluids. I am worried I may have contracted the virus during the masturbation process as her hand had some blood and vaginal secretions. I dont know what to say to my wife. She will freak out. I need to cook a different story to tell her. Please help! :'(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Very confused and shaky- blood in hand!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:15 am »
Greese,

Why tell your wife when you had absolutely NO risk for hiv infection?

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. This is why even if she had hiv positive blood on her hand from touching the tissue, you were in absolutely NO danger of becoming infected. NO RISK.

Not one person has ever been infected from a massage or handjob - regardless of blood or other bodily fluids on the other person's hands - and you are certainly not going to be the first. NO WAY.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:02:24 am »
Dear Ann,

What about the 'mucous membrane' of the penis easily absorbing hiv fluids' statement. This line is sending shivers down my spine. Please if you could elaborate on this mucuos membrane issue. Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:03:37 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 07:07:02 am »
greese,

It doesn't matter about your mucus membranes. What matters is that the virus would not be able to infect once it was outside the body.

As I said previously:

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. This is why even if she had hiv positive blood on her hand from touching the tissue, you were in absolutely NO danger of becoming infected. NO RISK.

You did not have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You were not at risk.

You were NOT at risk for hiv infection. If we thought you were, we'd tell you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:17:30 am »
'HIV is uanable to reproduce outside its living host' - Wow! This statement hit the nail in the bud! So this means you have to have sexual intercourse for the risk to be present? If there was a small cut in the mucuos membrane accidentally by her long fingernails while performing masturbation, there is no cause for worry as well? Since the virus needs a host?? This willl be my last posting on this issue. Please reply. Thank you so so much for the assistance - I didnt sleep a wink for the last 34 hours!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 07:22:18 am »
Greese,

No, you do not need to worry one little bit about hiv in this situation, not even if she scratched or cut you with her nails. Hiv is simply NOT transmitted in that manner.

Sexually speaking, the ONLY proven risks are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did NOT have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

You did NOT have a risk, so relax and get on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 07:25:34 am »
Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:43 am »

RapidRod,

Thanks for your wonderful statement saying ' hiv is unable to reproduce outside its living host'. Therefore no infection. Thanks so so much!

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:37:32 pm »
Just 1 question:

When you say NO risk, does it mean 100% ZERO risk??

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:17 am »
Um, there is not a 100% chance that the sun will come out tomorrow. There is not a 100% chance of anything. Such a thing is scientifically not feasible.

What we DO know is that in the recorded and extensively researched history of the HIV pandemic, no one has EVER been infected by the means you describe, which would fall in the realm of casual contact.

No one in his/her right mind would consider this an HIV exposure or even a remote possibility.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 02:04:41 am »
What if there was no blood and vaginal secretions on her hand which masturbated me - would it then be considered as 100% ZERO risk??

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 02:12:59 am »
As someone who uses REAL science instead of mainstream misinformation, I and all those who give assessments here at AidsMeds will tell you that 100% ZERO risk is only found with your own hand,

However, I will say that if you became infected through the activity you described, you would open a new chapter in HIV transmission theory, as no one has ever been documented as having acquired HIV through that manner.

It would likely mean that either your immune system was unique, or that HIV had somehow mutated into another form, a form highly infectious and far more sturdy than the HIV we have studied thus far.

In short, real science does not do 100%. If you want catch phrases or dumbed down rhetoric, you might have to look elsewhere. This site is based solely on first tiered, peer reviewed science. Also, insofar as the physical biology of HIV in concerned, we tend to stay within the boundaries of the Socratic Method.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 03:46:47 am »
Should I then get a blood test done for hiv? Or would it be a complete waste of time?
Please advice! Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 04:00:37 am »
Reread the replies that Ann gave you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53:57 am »
Greese, theoretically nothing except sex with your own hand is 100% safe. However, we know through long history in the epidemic that the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it.

So you are worrying needlessly.

Also, while I am writing to you, you need to stay out of the threads of other members. Only those who are authorized to do so may respond to members, as you would know if you had read the opening thread for this Forum. Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 12:23:47 pm »
I have a question:
You say hiv blood is de-activated almost immediately once its exposed to air. Was there some experiments done to confirm this? If so, where and when, would you know. Thanks!

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »
Maybe my latest post did not go through.

My question is: If Hiv positive blood almost immediately within seconds become non infectious when exposed to air, were there some experiments done to confirm this. If so where and when? Thank you.

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:24 am »
I am wondering why there is no answer to my question. Am I offending anyone asking this question? Please respond. Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 03:29:38 am »
I am wondering why there is no answer to my question. Am I offending anyone asking this question? Please respond. Thank you.
Read reply #6 by ANN and then read the posting guidelines which you should have already done before your first post.

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 05:36:21 am »
I just read #6 Ann's reply and also read the posting guidelines just now.
But my question still remains. I couldnt find this answer as per your suggestion.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 07:13:44 am »
Greese,

We know that hiv does not remain viable outside the human body for quite a few reasons. One notable reason is the difficulty research labs have in keeping hiv viable for research purposes. This, in fact, is one of the reasons hiv research has moved so slowly. We used to have an hiv researcher who posted in these forums - and he often spoke of his frustration where this is concerned.

And yes, many, many experiments have been performed over the years to see how long hiv remains viable outside the body.

All of our risk assessments are based in hiv science. Every single one of them.

If you cannot bring yourself to trust our assessment of your concern, go test, collect you negative result, and move on with your life. However, you will NOT be permitted to use this forum to wring your hands over you NO RISK handjob.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to and have been repeatedly asked to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

PS - if I ever catch you posting where you're not supposed to again, you will be permanently banned.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:15:49 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 08:42:36 am »
Thank you!

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 08:31:09 am »
If a hiv -ve man has unprotected anal or vaginal sex with a hiv +ve woman, would it be 100% certainty that he will contract the disease with just 1 sex encounter? Is it possible that he may not get the disease the first or second time, but on the third sex act with the woman?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 08:54:25 am »
Don't have unprotected anal sex with anyone and you won't have to concern yourself with HIV.

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 08:59:32 am »
But if one has this sex, is it possible with 100% certainty that he will contract the disease in the first instance itself?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 09:40:25 am »
No, it is not a 100% certainty that a man will contract HIV from a single/first exposure. 
Andy Velez

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 10:16:05 am »
i wonder why?
Since the other person IS HIV POSITIVE, what is the protection that the certainty of diagnosis may not be there. What can the reason be behind this?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 10:35:18 am »
Many factors come into play in the situation including how strong the immune system is of the person being exposed, what the VL is of the infected person, what exactly the nature of the exposure was and for how long, etc.
Andy Velez

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 08:17:33 am »
Sorry..... but I'm still waiting for the answer on this. What is it that can protect the person from getting the disease, despite the other person being HIV +?

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:01 am »
I just saw the answer. Thanks for the renponse. Appreciate it!

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 10:00:18 am »
Talking about immune system - can a person's immune system be considered healthy despite the presence of one or two chronic diseases? In my case, for example, I haven't had a fever in the last 30 years, but I am plagued with auto-immune disease. Can this presence of disease still indicate a healthy immune system?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 12:39:59 pm »
You ought to be raising these questions with your doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 03:21:58 pm »
The center of my throat from the inside has started aching, 11 days after the incident with the woman. It pains when I swallow my saliva. I know you said I am not at risk, but I never had this problem ever before. Could this be due to some oily food I had ingested or is it an hiv symptom? Please help again!

Also yesterday I had kissed another woman on the forehead which was dripping with sweat. Did i put myself at risk again? I dont know why women are a weakness for me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Sweat isn't infectious.

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 03:35:10 pm »
I dont know why I cant get this off my mind! I keep thinking why my throat aches, despite your humble assurances. I hope I dont get insane!. I had no sex at all - just masturbation by the woman's hand. I know i shouldn't feel the way I am feeling. Is it possible the throat ache could be due to eating some oily food? Is that possible?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »
Greese,

I can't think of any more ways to tell you that you have not been at risk for hiv infection. It's all been explained to you in great detail.

And if you'd read the Transmission Lesson linked to in the Welcome thread before posting like you're supposed to, you would have known that sweat is not infectious.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:03:09 am »
It was FRESH menstrual blood on her hand while peforming masturbation on me. Halfway through the process, baby oil was used to lubricate the penis. Wouldnt the fresh menstrual blood constitute a risk through the mucuos membrane on the penis??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:07 am »
It was FRESH menstrual blood on her hand while peforming masturbation on me. Halfway through the process, baby oil was used to lubricate the penis. Wouldnt the fresh menstrual blood constitute a risk through the mucuos membrane on the penis??
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:54 am »
Greese,

We have repeatedly explained to you why you were not at risk. Re-read your entire thread until it sinks in. Our answers are not going to change, regardless of how many details you add.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we tell you that you had NO RISK, go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

If you continue to return with more questions about this NO RISK handjob, you will be given a second time out - 56 days this time.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED FOR THE VERY LAST TIME!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:41 am »
Dear mentors,
I have had a roller coaster ride the last 2 months, thinking I may have been infected. It was like hell!
For peace of mind purpose, I got tested at 8.5 weeks for my first incident on masturbation risk. The results were back as negative. 

I have had bouts of flu,cough,throatache and a low grade fever on 4 separate occasions in the last 2.5 months. This is in stark contrast to having only 1 flu every 3 years or so in the past.

I have not tested for the kissing incident where sweat is involved. Its been 10 weeks now and I dont feel like getting tested again.

My questions are:
1. What can be the reason/s for having 4 flu's in a span of only 2.5months, when my usual is only 1 flu every 3 years for the last several decades??

2. I know sweat is not infectious. But why is it not. It is also a fluid coming from the inside of our bodies, so why is it not infectious.

Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:30 am »
Just because you only had flu at a certain time previously and subsequently have had it more frequently doesn't change the evaluation of your sexual experience to something risky. You were never at risk. Unfortunately you continue to misinterpret everything that happens to you through a mindset of affirming HIV as the problem.

Frankly we're not going to indulge you in your demand that we persuade you that you weren't at risk. If you come back again about these non-risks you are either going to get a Time Out or be banned entirely from the site.

You have not had a risk for HIV. Period.

Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:43 am »
Thank you, Andy!
Your reply is very very very much appreciated.
you're a great guy!

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:02 am »
Dear Andy and the rest of the crew,

No further questions or concerns from me anymore.

I am putting an end to all this and consider this episode Closed for Good.
NEVER EVER am I going to go through this terrible mental anguish again!!

Everytime I have an sexual urge, I 'll shake it through by my own hand.

This chapter is closed for good now. Too much grief,tension for the whole family in exchange for a few fucking seconds of pleasure. What insane minds we humans have!

Once again I wish to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for putting up with me time and again. Thank you VERY VERY much, guys/gals!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:44 am »
You're welcome.

Even though at this moment you're thinking you will not stray again, just remember that the only risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as condoms are always used for those activities you would have effective protection. It really is that simple.

Good luck to you.

Andy Velez

Offline greeseboga

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 09:38:03 am »
No Andy, not even protected intercourse for me anymore!

The fear of a condom breakage would hurl me into a much bigger SPIN than what I underwent these last 2 months.

I LOVE YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS ARE TRULY GREAT!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:36 am »
OK. Understood.

Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.