Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 218
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Oops forgot about PN......  (Read 20564 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Oops forgot about PN......
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:57 pm »
My feet were damaged so long ago (1992) by ddc...they have 'recovered' to some degree, so much so in fact that sometimes I almost 'forget' I have PN.   I was recently reminded of it, in a BIG WAY....

I went to a wedding and wore my "church shoes" (car to church pew, back out to car, then home) and stood and danced in them all night (huge mistake!); I knew they "hurt" but hell, all shoes hurt my feet....so I just drank a few more glasses of wine and continued to dance and have a ball.   The next morning, my left foot was swollen and had quite a few black and blue places, and one purple toenail.... had some X-rays taken Friday, and yes, I broke a bone in that foot at the wedding.

Now, my clinic nurse can't understand HOW someone can break a bone in their foot simply by wearing a pair of tight/uncomfortable shoes (and I think she thinks I am lying)....and it does sound kinda silly.  But it's the honest truth.   Those of you who suffer from PN know what I mean.   Sometimes, I can injure my foot and not realize it.   I have worn shoes before that gave me a black toenail, and I had no idea they were doing it.   It's like certain nerves in my feet just don't "fire" correctly.   The ones that register pain are definitely showing out now though; I have the swollen toe (4th) taped to the one next to it...the X rays showed that I also had at least one 'old' fracture in that foot, that had healed improperly....

Ah, the joys of being a Long Term Survivor (well, let's say some days are more joyous than others, right?)

hugs,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Oops forgot about PN......
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:46:09 pm »
I know what you mean about forgetting about things.

But hon, this sounds like you really forgot.

I think you are right. I believe the PN does stop the nerves from firing appropriately. Instead, we get pain when there is no reason and no pain when we would benefit from it, like you wearing your church shoes to the wedding.

I hope your tootsies feel better soon.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:30:29 am »
Ow ow ow

I hope you had a whole lot of fun at that wedding and dancing. Sometimes, we just have to wear the tight shoes, and dance through the pain. The joy needs to be worth the price we pay :)

Weems to me, for you, it was.

Note to Alan: wear sneakers to church! God would approve.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 08:18:27 am »
Alan,

Hope the feet get better soon. If I have the wrong shoes on, my feet will remind me of that later on !!

As far as bruising and/or swelling. I haven't had the swelling problem, but have had occasional bruising. It doesn't take much. Seems my feet like to come into contact with the leg of the bed frame on occasion. ( and other things)  :o   OUCH !

Take care of yourself----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:11:30 am »
Ow, Alan.  I can relate to PN; it's gotten worse since being diabetic, and not having controlled blood sugars for a few years.

I agree with Jonathan-wear tennis shoes to church.  Darling, I can't wear uncomfortable shoes anymore, vain or not.  Please be kind to your feet. :-*
  Luv ya,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:32:29 am »
Alan, when I went to Vegas with Mark, Debra and others, I wore some new shoes that I found in Sears that after all these years; felt fantastic.  Then we walked about two miles on the strip and wouldn't you know, I went home with feet that I couldn't walk on for a week. 

Then about two months ago, a friend asked me to go on a short hike near here, and I did and really enjoyed it.  However, next three days I was screwed for walking.  Buying shoes has been a pain in the ass, and I have a closet full of "these shoes are made for people with foot problems" kind of shoes, and wouldn't you know, they all cause me a whole passel of problems. 

Funny thing, I'm going to Big 5 this morning to get some new sneakers that I stopped buying becasue they don't last that long, but are comfortable.  Shit, the PN is a pain in the ass, feet and everywhere else.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 09:49:58 am »
Yes it is Tim.   And buying shoes:  that's a joke, for me, these days.   I can try them on but I honestly have no idea how they're going to work out until I get them home and wear them for a few days.   Sometimes I get lucky....most times, not.

Hard for someone who was always a shoe-a-holic....I did love me some pretty shoes.    Wing tips, tassel loafers, kilties, little low-cut Italian loafers.....goodbye designer shoes, hello Dr. Scholl's. (and I can say that my Dr. Scholl's suede lace-ups and my Dr. Scholl's sneakers are my most comfortable shoes).

I'm wearing my suede "bootie" house shoes at work today -- screw 'em, right?   lol

I also used to LOVE to go barefoot, around the house, etc.   Can't do it anymore.

many hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 10:58:44 am »
Oh Alan,

Barefoot was one of my favorite things. Not any more.

The only time I am barefoot these days is at the gym, when I am going from shower to hot tub. It is one of the luxuries I allow my self.

The hot tub is nice for my back, but I'll be smacked if it doesn't make my feet hurt!  >:(

They swell if I stay in too long and I have trouble walking to the locker and any pair of socks I try feel like I am wearing rough burlap.

Why I still exercise, I don't know. It doesn't help in the looks department. But, I do feel better, so I guess that is worth it.

Take care of those tootsies and get another pair of Dr. Scholl's. Believe it or not, I have a pair of Red Wing Shoes that are great.

BIG HUGS,

Mark

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:00:34 am by aztecan »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 11:54:58 am »
We all must suffer for the Fashion Gods.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:31 pm »
My feet are so big (size 13D) that I'm always limited to what I can find or wear.....however here are the most comfortable shoes I have ever found, and I have both pair of them

and ,yes  Philicia, I too sufer for the fashion gods, due to my feet being so big  ???

my toes look like fingers , and my big toe looks like a thumb  :-[

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:31:12 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 04:37:22 pm »
Size 13 you say?  What time is dinner?

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 05:02:08 pm »
My feet are so big (size 13D) that I'm always limited to what I can find or wear.....however here are the most comfortable shoes I have ever found, and I have both pair of them

and ,yes  Philicia, I too sufer for the fashion gods, due to my feet being so big  ???

my toes look like fingers , and my big toe looks like a thumb  :-[

Size 13 you say?  What time is dinner?

Maybe we can make it a community feast?

Poor Alan.

The founders of the church wore sandals...
Hopes for a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:05:49 pm by rondrond »
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 08:04:52 am »
Denb I have had two pairs of Sketchers, but both of them cracked right under the ball of my foot.  I guess these have different kinds of soles, so I will go ahead and try to look for them.

I have a pair of Timberland shoes that are truly comfortable, but the high tops rub my ankle joint and it hurts like hell.  Unfortunately the fit in the store was so comfortable that it brought tears to my eyes.  However, I didn't notice that the tops were rubbing my ankles.  I also have a pair of Hush Puppies in suade, but they are mauve golfing shoes, and I just haven't worn them that much.  I got them in Macy's on a close out for $3.00.  I also have a pair of German shoes that are really nice and made for people with neuropathy, unfortunately they cost $250.00, and I can't wear them anymore because they hurt like hell after about an hour. 

Shoes, BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      I keep asking my doctor to cut my feet off and give me some of those really cool leaf spring attachments.  He just looks at me like I am crazy.   :)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline denb45

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 02:04:07 pm »
Denb I have had two pairs of Sketchers, but both of them cracked right under the ball of my foot.  I guess these have different kinds of soles, so I will go ahead and try to look for them.

Here you go: http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7374538/color/3898

they even have FREE SHIPPING
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »
I wasn't wearing my house shoes this morning, sat down at the computer and slightly bumped a couple toes on my left foot and thought I had accidentally put my foot in a light socket. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline denb45

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 10:17:58 pm »
I wasn't wearing my house shoes this morning, sat down at the computer and slightly bumped a couple toes on my left foot and thought I had accidentally put my foot in a light socket. 

ouch  ??? I know the feeling

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 08:37:42 am »
Alan as a fellow PN'er, I feel your pain. I'm always on the lookout for shoes I can wear at work. Unfortunately, budget constraints pose a problem when it comes to footwear. Even the expensive ones I own, never really alleviate the pain.

So, you can kiss Aunty D's throbbing tootsies after I share some helpful news. I was at the local Walmart perusing men's shoes when I hit the motherload. They have a ten dollar pair of men's crocs (womens too) that are like walking on air. They slip on like houseshoes (no bending, no tying) and are the MOST comfortable shoes I have ever worn. They're stylish, with a think rubber sole. I was so impressed with the first pair, I went back and bought a second pair. I use one pair for work (dreamy) and one for home. They're durable enough to wear outside to walk the Sammers. I think you will love them and you can't beat the price. I've worn mine for a month now and still swear by them.

Now I know there are more Walmarts than pine trees in 'bama so limp over to the nearest one and getcha a pair. You'll thank me.

Aunty D

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving doll!

Offline bear60

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:35 am »
Reading all the responses here.....just goes to show that each one of us has unique solutions.  Kurt went through a dozen pair of shoes and boots looking for foot comfort before settling on SAS shoes. (I think these are the ones nurses wear, too)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 11:10:38 am »
I have PN, but it's decreased greatly over time.  I can still wear all of my extensive shoe collection and rest assured it's a gay version of Imelda Marcos, though less the PN for me it's the lack of a layer of fat on my soles due to lipoatrophy that causes any discomfort walking, and the consequential build up of callouses that I must attend to daily with a pumice stone and when I can remember nightly applications of moisturizers.

I think PN causes a slight swelling of the foot in the middle section and can cause one's shoes to seem a bit more tight, at least that's my experience.  I just deal with it though -- I can't be wearing ugly shoes, girls.

Offline denb45

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 11:18:03 am »
I have PN, but it's decreased greatly over time.  I can still wear all of my extensive shoe collection and rest assured it's a gay version of Imelda Marcos, though less the PN for me it's the lack of a layer of fat on my soles due to lipoatrophy that causes any discomfort walking, and the consequential build up of callouses that I must attend to daily with a pumice stone and when I can remember nightly applications of moisturizers.

I think PN causes a slight swelling of the foot in the middle section and can cause one's shoes to seem a bit more tight, at least that's my experience.  I just deal with it though -- I can't be wearing ugly shoes, girls.

I have an extensive (size 13d) boot collection , that I can't even wear due to PN, I can wear them, but, not for long periods of time, if I do, I pay in a very painful way  ???

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 11:34:30 am »
Running barefoot around our pool all Summer, I didn't notice the slight PN that has come on in the last year and a half. I mean everyone had burning feet on the aluminum deck surrounding the water.  :D I was just one of the crowd. LOL

But this Fall, I've already bought 5 pair of new tennis shoes to replace the ones that finally bite the dust at the end of Summer. The burning is still there on my soles, of course; but after having let my feet be free and naked for so many months, just having the shoe material wrapped around my feet hurts like heck now. (I agree with Philly about the swelling. Trying on these new shoes, I noticed how tight they all seemed to be around the middle when I got the right size to not squish my toes.)

Luckily, since it's been snowy here, I've been wearing my hiking boots around most of the time. Although they weight a ton, they don't make my feet hurt like the newer shoes. I do miss my old tennis shoes though. Just like a good old pair of 501s - they fit perfect, felt great, and were falling apart. Unfortunately, instead of the holes being intriguingly in the right places like in my jeans, the holes in my shoes just let the cold slushy snow freeze my feet. LOL

reading this thread, at least, I feel like I'm in good company and not as crazy as I thought about not finding shoes that didn't hurt my feet. I guess I'll have to hit the stores again and keep looking.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 09:22:07 pm »
Hey Aunty D,

I'll have to get a pair of those Wal-Mart Crocs......guess that would make them "Woks"......   I know the Crocs brand is about $30 a pair, so they must be an 'off brand'.

Today, I wore my lovely brown suede Dr. Sholl's lace ups to Thanksgiving dinner.  :-*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 08:32:04 am »
I'm going to check those crocs out also.  Thanks for that tip, Aunty. 

Alan, I wore my comfortable white Puma tennis shoes I've had for a year yesterday to Thanksgiving dinner.  The older I get, the more comfortable I want to be.

Offline aztecan

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 09:02:36 am »
I will check out the Crocs too. Thanks Auntie Doxie!

I still wear the Red Wings I bought a year ago. They are so comfy, they slip on, no ties (a big plus because of my lipo belly), and I could polish them, if I ever was so inspired.

I have the tennies I bough in San Francisco at AMG. They are Nike, and were very comfortable back then.
Today, they seem a bit too tight.

That sucks, considering what I paid for them.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 06:17:22 am »
I think my feet would freeze in Crocs.

My feet burn & tingle (pain is mainly under control now) but they are always freezing (even though they burn)  does this make sense to anyone else?

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 06:46:46 am »
I think my feet would freeze in Crocs.

My feet burn & tingle (pain is mainly under control now) but they are always freezing (even though they burn)  does this make sense to anyone else?

AA

Yes, I call it Fried Ice Cream.

Reminds me of when they say,"They have Ice in their veins"
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 07:40:55 am »

AA

That's how my feet are, constantly freezing. Even though they are warm to touch. When the PN was at it's worst, it reminded me of a constant frostbite type of feeling.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:16:34 am »
Mine are really 'tingly' right now also.   Almost like I have a bunch of mini tasers in my shoes....burning, yet cold.

Part of my problem, I fear, is the Epzicom I recently switched to from Truvada.   Why is is that for LTS like me, they REFUSE to offer us the great drugs with 'no' side effects?   They keep sticking me with this old shit that I've taken over the past 15 years....this time around, the 3TC will probably give me a buffalo hump to go with my skeleton face.

Note to medical professionals:   There is an important thing called QUALITY OF LIFE.   For us who have managed to crawl back above ground out of the grave, it sure would be nice to take some medications that don't torment us.

OK that's my rant for today!  lol   

hugs,  Alan

PS - they're getting used to seeing me in my house shoes at work.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 10:29:45 am »
I always wrote off my tendency for my extremities to feel cold (also happens to my hands, actually all of my limbs) to my lipoatrophy.  Not having a layer of fat in all of those places makes you like an 80 year old in this respect.

And Alan, they simply SHOULD be offering you the newer medications or at the very least YOU should be insisting on it.  I've actually never encountered any resistance with this, and in fact my doctor prioritizes quality of life issues.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 06:07:20 pm »
Note to medical professionals:   There is an important thing called QUALITY OF LIFE.   For us who have managed to crawl back above ground out of the grave, it sure would be nice to take some medications that don't torment us.

hugs,  Alan

Amen! 

Offline aztecan

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 09:14:22 am »
Why is is that for LTS like me, they REFUSE to offer us the great drugs with 'no' side effects?   They keep sticking me with this old shit that I've taken over the past 15 years....this time around, the 3TC will probably give me a buffalo hump to go with my skeleton face.

Hey Alan, I'll show you my hump if you'll show me yours!  ;)

My PN is about the same. Mostly tingles in the feet, except for the pain on the soles, which is either caused by the PN or the lipoatrophy, or both, and the aching in the leg muscles and muscle cramps I get virtually everywhere these days, which is either the PN or elevated CPKs, or both.

House shoes are haute couture around my house.

HUGS,

Mark

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:20:29 am by aztecan »

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 09:29:02 am »

House shoes are haute couture around my house.

HUGS,

Mark

Same here, if I'm not going outta the house anywhere  ;D

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 05:39:06 am »
I'm sneaking in to second the motion about Crocs.  I bought a pair at pay-less when they had a BOGO sale.  I got a slip on black pair and a tie-on brown pair (looks like a boat shoe).  I have really bad heel spurs and these are the only shoes that I can stand to be in. I wear mine around the house everyday and all over the place in the summer (not much help in the snow) for over 3yrs and they haven't worn out a bit.  Best thing is that when they get dirty, you can hose them off, dry them with a towel, and put them right back on.

I bought Mini a couple of pairs for the summer because of her neuropathy and they seemed to help.  In the winter, she has a pair of "good" tennis shoes with inserts in them.  She still wears her church shoes, but if we are going anywhere after, her tennis shoes come with us.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 06:49:32 am »
Not sure about bone spurs, but having first-hand experience living with the pain of PN, I've tried all kinds of footwear including Crocs. I can tell you, don't waste your money on Crocs, the Walmart brand is just as good. You can't beat 'em at ten bucks a pair.

Unfortunately for those of us living with PN, it all is just a temporary fix.

:-*
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:51:16 am by Dachshund »

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 03:04:08 pm »
The foot with the broken toe is better; swelling is down on the foot, but my 4th toe still looks bad and is painful.   My 'new' clinic doctor (I see a different one every time I go, it seems) thinks that because that toenail has a fungus (thick, chalky nail), that may be the reason it is inflamed.....so I'm taking generic anti fungal.  OK, so what's one more pill in my box?

They will say things like "well you're not currently on any HIV meds that normally cause PN, so I'm not sure what the problem is".    DUH     I'm not like the other 25 people in the waiting room, who just seroconverted in 2004 or 2005, I have been taking this shit for 20 years now.    It totally amazes me that they consistently avoid any discussion of that.  (I am always quick to remind them though!)

hugs,

Alan

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 07:01:59 pm »
You tell 'em Alan!  Quite a few "new" HIV docs weren't dealing with this 15 or 20 years ago, so they sometimes act like we're talking out of our ass.  I suppose we have to stay on them.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.