Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:51:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 627
Total: 627

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Back Again. Worried Again...  (Read 5738 times)

Offline rob765

Back Again. Worried Again...
« on: August 11, 2006, 09:38:53 pm »
I was tested last year in September four months after exposure.  I tested Neg. at four months and once at two months.  I was told I didn't need to take the test again.  Three month is conclusive.  I was the guy who had sex with a girl in South American while on vacation.  I used a condom, but the girl bit me and I was bleeding.  I seemed to do fine after my four months Neg. test last year. But, I was always tired all Winter. Now it is 14 months after my initial exposure and I am having strong symptoms again.  I haven't had sex since that time last year.  In the past couple of weeks. I have been extemely, extremly tired. I am also having night sweats again every night and its cold here and node pain, but no node swelling.  I am also getting intermittent pain on my body, especially in my feet and weird stomach noises.   Last year when I did a full std panel when I went to the Dr about 9 months ago, they said I had HSV 1.  Would HSV 1, delay the test result.  I thought I was fine and didn't think about hiv for the past year, but now I am getting symptoms again and I am again worried. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Back Again. Worried Again...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 09:45:33 pm »
Rob,

Your result is conclusive. HSV1 will in no way effect the outcome of an antibody test. Please read our Welcome Thread.

MtD

Offline rob765

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 10:32:12 pm »
Could HSV 1 or EBV be causing my symptoms?  There is something wrong with me and its not the flu or anxiety.  I still doubting my 4 month test after I've been feelling this way for the past few weeks. I have a Drs. appointment in a few weeks.  Any advice anyone???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 05:13:41 am »
Rob,

If you feel something is wrong with you, why are you talking to us instead of your doctor? There are literally thousands of illnesses that can cause the things you are experiencing. The good news here is that whatever is going on, it cannot be hiv related because you have conclusively ruled hiv out of the picture.

Go see your doctor. We cannot diagnose you.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rob765

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 04:22:02 am »
I know you can't diagnose me, but I'm still worried. I just woke up again soaked in sweat.  Everynight I have been waking up in nightsweats for the past month.  I also still having body pains, also tired and my stomach is making a lot of noises and am having node pain.  I don't trust my Neg. result because I have never felt this way before.  I went to the Dr and got a full blood panel done. I should have the results on Sat. I haven't taken the hiv test again yet.  I am having the same symptoms as I had after I was exposed a year ago.  I have a weak immune system and I also drank some crocodile blood, I bought over the internet. It is suppose to kill all viruses. I took the crocodle blood last year a few weeks before the hiv test. I am still very worried and will take another test in the next few weeks.  I don't know what else could cause me to feel this way.........I never had night sweats like this in my life or had body pains like this.  Right now I don't know 100% sure, but have read where other people coming up Pos. after 3 months.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:33:32 am »
Crocodile blood? Rob, the crocodile blood thing (and yes I've heard about it) is total crap.

You've been told here and in the old forums that symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

You've been told that HSV1 will not skew the outcome of your HIV antibody tests.

You've been told that, if you feel unwell, you should see a doctor.

You've been told to read our Welcome Thread. It contains links to our lessons as well as our posting guidelines.

Now I'm telling you that your fears regarding HIV are outside of the kind of support we can provide here. You need to seek the assistance of a mental health professional.

MtD

Offline rob765

Worried
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:17:04 pm »
I had sex with a prostitute a couple of months ago When I was having sex with her, the condom slipped off and I went in her without the condom two times before I realized the condom came off, ( You see I bought the condoms at a store and didn't realize they were x-tra large. When I went to use them they were loose, but I used them anyway. I'm about 7 inches, I think the condoms were for someone with 12inch's) The condom slipped off and I thrust into her two times before I realized the condom slipped off,  so I was in her for about 3 seconds before I realized the condom came off.  I got painful lymph nodes about three weeks after that lasted about a week. I also had weird stomach noises for a few weeks. , I also got nausea and headaches and stomach pain and was extremely tired. The node pain is gone still have some stomach noises,  and some nausea sometimes, I am now  getting intermittent pain in my feet and some numbness in my index finger. I got herpes from her in my but, and a little bit on my lower balls. I am just a little worried about Hiv because the herpes in my but doesn't seem to go away. Its constant. I did go to the Dr and I tested pos for herpes. Anyone else have herpes and have the same symptoms as me? Should I test for Hiv. What are the Odds of Hiv in my situation? Thanks for you help!

Offline RapidRod

Re: Worried
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:05 pm »
Your questions will not be answered until your return to your Original Thread. Take the time to read the posting guidelines.

Offline rob765

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »
This is my original thread. The other thread I had was about three years ago. This is a totally different situation.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:24:43 pm »
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2386.msg47481#msg47481

Doesn't matter if it was 4 years ago or a different situation. You need to keep all your concern in your Original Thread.

Offline rob765

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:37:42 pm »
That wasn't my threat. I'm not chickenhawk. I'm  rob765.   Also I read this:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.    it says start a new topic which I did.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 09:58:05 pm »
You didn't follow the guidelines back then either.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2808.msg31893#msg31893

60 days does not apply to this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 10:47:29 pm »
OK. I've merged your threads. Keep all of your entries now and in the future if there any, in this same thread.

Nothing about your symptoms is in any way suggestive of HIV, but then neither the presence or absence of  symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV test taken at 13 weeks can give you a conclusively negative result.

In  your case from what you have described the risk was very, very, very low. Even assuming the person you were with is HIV, it is significantly harder to transmit from female to male rather than the other way around. Your risk was very brief and one time event. I certainly expect you will test negative. Given the time frame you're pretty close to the 13 weeks so you only have a little longer to wait.

As for your symptoms, discuss them with your doctor. They don't have anything to do with HIV.

Good luck with your test when you take it. I expect your result to be negative.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline rob765

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 10:53:07 pm »
I forgot all about those posts.  I just read them again and I was having the same symptoms as I am now.
I guess you guys can't help me anyway. The only way I will know for sure is if I take the test again at three months.  I have another month to go. I guess I will have to go back to the Dr and see if he can prescribe some valtrex in the meantime.  Peace and Takecare.......

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:09 am »
And remember for the future that as long as you always use condoms for intercourse you will be well protected as far as HIV is concerned. Make sure they fit you properly and the head of your penis is covered.

Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.