Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:19:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread XXXII: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!  (Read 46668 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Dating Thread XXXII: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 07:04:36 pm »
The ENT today was a very compassionate man, listened to everything I have tried regarding my balance probs.  Hearing is A+, very good, in fact, and the ears look well.  He wrote a referral to Johns Hopkins Vestibular Rehab Center.  He said they put you in a chair and rock and roll you and see how you handle it.  I like rock 'n' roll, but not roller coasters.  The doc said if I went to Hopkins they prob wouldn't find anything, but he knows I want an answer to all of this.

The ENT doc also asked if I had ever been on SSRIs before.  I have only taken ONE dose of Zoloft in my life, years ago, and was so disgusted by how comatose it made me feel that I went back and tore up the doctor.

The reason I bring this up is bec my primary was actually writing a script for an SSRI last Feb and I REFUSED.  I'm not depressed, I'm not suffering from OCD, so what does all of this SSRI shit mean?

Someone please HELP if you have any personal experiences with it. 

I am going to go tip over somewhere with Cheech.

*God Bless Leatherman tonight.   :'( *
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2008, 07:08:03 pm »
Seems like doctors are always trying to push some kind of antidepressant on me.  No clue why but they have done it since 1993 with me.

Sorry your all loopy headed.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2008, 07:09:26 pm »
Damn, Win, I thought you were posting the solution to all of my problems, lol

;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 08:37:45 pm »
Ladies,

Mum, did you get that rejection letter yet?

Queen, it's hard when someone you care about it locked up.  My 1st husband was in jail off-and-on about 9 months out of every year (for child support from his 1st wife).  It was hard visiting him at the jail, having to talk through a plexi-glass.  When my daughter was in the juvenile facility here, I went to see her go to court.  They brought her in in shackles and that broke my heart.  I visited her though while she was in there.  Good luck with that.  How are you feeling?

Snow, I would definitley get a copy of SB's charges to show the judge what an ass he is. 

Cin, I wish I had some clues for you, but I'm coming up empty.  I don't know why the doc would mention SSRIs.  I wonder if he meant they would help the imbalance, or if he thought you were on them before and they caused it.  Will you be going back to him after Hopkin's?  By the way, one of my nieces lives in Baltimore and got her BSN from Hopkin's. 

I did get my place cleaned.  I also checked my bank acct.  Still no stimulus payment.  A friend of mine said I should be getting it in a couple days.  But, I never have a good feeling about these types of things.  I always feel something's going to go wrong somewhere.  That's just me. 

My therapist came over and we had quite the discussion on God/faith etc.  I'm just getting different perspectives and trying to make up my own mind.  Departing from faith in a God when one's been raised Christian is a hard thing to do; well, for me anyway.  I don't know what my outcome on this journey will be yet.  Maybe there never will be an outcome.

I hope you ladies are having a good evening.  Take care everyone.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:37 pm »
Damn, Win, I thought you were posting the solution to all of my problems, lol

;D
Sorry

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »
I'm not planning on going to Hopkins, the doc even admitted it wouldn't get me any answers since my ears aren't the problem.

I will go back to my primary in a month or so and find out about SSRIs.  I'm going to read up on them this weekend as well. I have never been on SSRIs, just took the one pill (Zoloft) which turned me into a vegetable zombie one lovely afternoon in 2001.

Yeah, I'm nervous and my ears won't stop ringing.  Iceman says the allergy meds make your ears ring, but mine started ringing a month prior to my starting allergy meds.

This is just ridiculous.  What I wouldn't give to feel grounded, stable, for just a day or two, so I could rest.  Its making my sugars drop.  I was down to 35 two nights ago and 45 last night.  I am cutting back on the insulin tonight.

Its all very strange.  I am in a good mood, a little tired at the end of the day, but these physical symptoms are nuts.

Ahhhhhhhhh, but it IS an "Iceman Weekend."   ;D

Queen, I told him you were playing that tune for us, lol.   ;)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:01 pm »
You know my ears have been ringing 24-7 since I can remember. I've learned to ignore it and at night I sleep with a fan on to drown it out.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2008, 09:58:37 pm »
I remember you saying that, Win.  I am thinking about stopping the allergy meds which I started on March 1st.  I had never taken them before in my life until this spring.  Maybe that will make the crickets in my ears quit chirping, lol.

Did you check out the BIRTHDAY thread by Alanbama yet, GF?

ITS YOUR MONTH TO SHINE!!   ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2008, 10:01:54 pm »
Evening Ladies----

Next week will be a busy week for me. I have to have a MRI and a sonogram done. I also have to get blood work done for my appointment with my ID doc on Wednesday. I think I have the MRI on that day too. And they want me up at such an ungodly hour.....9am!?! For the moment I am calm about it all and will turn into a wreck closer to appointment time.

I guess being locked up is getting to my son. He called me today with a number to a lawyer he got from someone else in there with him. But when I called the lawyer he said he only does little criminal cases and referred me to someone else. I called that person and he said he would need a $2500 retainer. My son instructed me to call his friend with the news and I did. The friend has other bills he has to pay and honestly, I know he has the money for the retainer but doesn't want to take the chance and lose his money on my son. And I don't blame him. If it's not raining tomorrow, I will go put some money on my son's books but he is driving me nuts with all the jail house calls. I will tell him to write, he has nothing but time on his hands and it's cheaper.

Betty-- I have been checking for my stimulus payment too and nothing. Maybe it will be there tomorrow but then I get like you do and feel I did something wrong when I filled it out. I have been feeling ok, not really stressing or anything, just taking it one day at a time.

Cindy---Is Ice even familiar with Tony, Tone, Toni? I know you are but he gives me the impression he may be a metal head. Sorry you still feel like crap and hope you get some answers soon.

I know what you mean about the antidepressants. I still haven't went back on my Celexa. I am fine and have not been depressed at all. Pissed off, well, yeah but what can you expect with what I am dealing with. But hopefully I will be going to a therapist soon. The receptionist at my ASO called me today and said that Ms Twice A Week found someone for me to go to. So, I am going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

I am thinking of you too, Leatherman..... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2008, 10:02:54 pm »
I remember you saying that, Win.  I am thinking about stopping the allergy meds which I started on March 1st.  I had never taken them before in my life until this spring.  Maybe that will make the crickets in my ears quit chirping, lol.

Shit I forgot about my birthday LOL

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2008, 10:04:05 pm »
LMAO  crazy girl!   ;D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2008, 10:07:10 pm »

Couldn't find it

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2008, 06:15:21 am »
Very early morning ladies,

Cin, good luck with your appointment with your primary doc.

Queen, yeah, of course you'd be angry (and stressed out).  Who wouldn't be.  Good luck with your son.  I'm thinking of you guys.

Wendy, your birthday mention is in there.  I saw it.  So, happy birthday to you!  How old is this one?

Today, my landlord is going to be here in a few hours to pick up the rent.  Then I have to pick up a script at the dr.'s.  I'm going out to lunch with my gay bff.  I was going to do laundry this afternoon, but it's supposed to storm and I'm not fond of carrying laundry in the rain.  So, I suppose I'll read some more.  One of the books I'm reading that I got from the library (The Heroin Diaries) fell apart in the middle.  The pages came detached.  I hope the library doesn't charge me for the book; I didn't pull it apart.  It's not even a very good read.  Eric Clapton's autobiography and Slash's book are better. 

Nothing else to report.  Queen, I hope we get our stimulus payments pretty soon, or I'll probably lose faith.  Have a good morning ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2008, 06:52:39 am »
Hey Ladies

Queen good luck next week with the MRI and all the tests. Cindy hope things get better, its awful not knowing what the problem is - that actually goes for both of you... Mom hope u feel better soon too. Betty hope your check in on the way. Snow good luck with changing the visitation rights (that's what youre trying to do right?) for your kids. Wendy - happy birthday! Your son is a precise copy of you. Tendai thx for the beautiful pics - we have a stunner in our midst...

Hugs to everyone else - you know who you are.

I am leaving now for a 4 day trip to Belguim and Luxemburg. It was kind of a last minute thing as there is a holiday here. see you all soon...
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2008, 07:09:38 am »
Have a load of fun on the trip, Drag!  You deserve it.  Hell, someone around here needs to have some fun.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2008, 09:12:59 am »
Ok ladies...it's FRIDAY! I agree we all need to have some fun...Happy Hour anyone?   ;D

Have a good day!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2008, 10:39:26 am »
Morning Ladies----

My son called me yesterday, he wanted me to call a lawyer for him who ended up referring me to another lawyer who wants $2500 for a retainer. I am going to try to drop money off to him today but it looks as if it is going to rain so I may not be able to today.

Betty-- I am thinking that my stimulus check may be took because of my student loans. I read on the IRS site, if you owe student loans, child support or back taxes, it will be offset, so that means they will get it right? And by the schedule they have for direct deposit 21-75 is suppose to get their checks by May 9th but that was my original date so if I do luck out and still get it, not sure when it is coming since they started them early.

Dragonette-- Have fun on your vacation, you  deserve one, wish I could get one..*LOL*...Next week will be busy with all the tests I have to do but I'll worry when the time comes.

I really need to get ready to do stuff but I bet soon as I get out there, it is going to start raining and I'll be stuck. Guess, I'll wait another hour then venture out. Chat later, ladies....

Did Viv mention, happy hour? I'll take a margarita please....*smiles*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2008, 11:25:53 am »
Quick post, soooooo sorry I can't reply to all of you.

I am going in to work late tomorrow after I have a hearing test and an appt with the ENT.  They want to do the hearing test because I have tinnitus.  Limiting caffeine seems to help although I have trouble with balance when walking, and I certainly can't make any quick moves, lol.

My drive home from work was GOOD, I couldn't believe it, maybe due to less caffeine?  I don't have vomiting or nausea with all of this but I have had sour stomach a few times, but everything else with the Meniere's adds up.  Throw low blood sugar in and an anxiety attack because of the low blood sugar and vertigo and I just need a *!TIME OUT!*  LOL

I just walked a wobbly mile on my treadmill to help my blood sugars but its scary with the unsteadiness and clumsiness I feel.  Yes, my mood is GREAT tonight but I am wobbling here as I sit and type.

Cheech had his annual visit to the vet tonight and needs ear drops.

Imagine that.  LMAO  Maybe I do, too.   ;D

We are both getting our hair done next week, lol, but not at the same place, of course.

Had a great talk (finally) with the new HR girl at work today.  Oh, if she only knew the extent of my health......Good things are on the horizon as far as changes at work.  I will be patient.

Queen, so sorry about your shit, I miss writing to everyone like I used to, but like I said, all of this vertigo crap is consuming me and is very draining.

Iceman is absolutely wonderful!  Friday is 6 months for us, he thinks I will be around for awhile!  I love hearing things like that from him!   :D

Mum, you have allergieeeeeeeeeeeeees.  The pollen is awful and since you mentioned Morgantown and your distance from it, I have a better idea where you are.  Morgantown isn't too far from me.  Its west of me, pretty much, out towards the hills. :)  Take care of yourself.

*thunk*

Ooops, just fell over, time for bed. 

Moon - there are some positioning exercises that can be done that will usually help with the dizziness. I will do my best to google them for you. I worked for an ENT almost two years and we saw many Meniere's patients. The rock and roll test may actually give them some insight. Has anyone done a test where they filled your ears with water?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:32:49 am by fraidknot »

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2008, 11:47:40 am »
Wow - it is hard to keep up with you ladies!! If I don't read for two days I am totally lost.

Truly sorry that so many of you are ill right now. It does seem when the seasons change that it hits everyone and I guess it makes since that it would hit us harder.

Mum - since it sounds like a lot of yours is allergies - saline nose spray is your best friend. You can use it as much as you want, it is not addictive and it keeps whatever is irritating your respiratory tract cleared out. Cheap and easy. Be sure to wash your head before you go to bed at night if you have been outside during the day because pollen collects in it and then it gets on your pillow at night and you inhale it.

Sorry, don't mean to sound bossy or all knowing. Lifetime allergy sufferer and LPN in my previous life. Please do not take my suggestions as medical advice, they are only suggestions.

Can't remember if I mentioned but they started me on meds 4/23 because of horrible fatigue. My viral load was 24,800 and CD4 712 but I just couldn't get enough sleep - even 24/7 wasn't enough. Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir   So far I haven't had any problems except that I had a few days of weepsies last weekend. I am beginning to feel a bit more energetic during the daytime but I'm still ready for bed about 8 at night. Actually I could go to sleep as soon as I get home from work (5pm) but I push myself to stay up and keep moving.

Next week I will be away at Heartsong - a spiritual retreat sponsored by my local agency. Won't have any access to the net but I think that is probably a good thing. Need to get away from it every once in a while.

Even though I don't post every day, I think of each of you and pray that you are well. I'm very happy to have found this bunch of beautiful strong women to communicate with, you encourage and inspire me.

nee

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2008, 12:36:20 pm »
Okay moon, I found it. It is called the Epley maneuver or the Canalith Repositioning Procedure. It is simple, done in the office, no meds required. It does not work for everyone but if it does work it will seem like a miracle. Ask your ENT or the rock and roll people about it.

Offline netta

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2008, 03:13:02 pm »
HI Ladies, thinking of you all, Hope you have a nice weekend.I bought my ticket to return home to Georgia next weekend. I am suppose to get my stimulus check in the mail originally 5/16/08 unfortunately its going to bills but I  have decided to treat myself to something special, that will cheer me up, i want a digital camera, but don't think I can afford one.I have paid my high ass electric bill, so its a done deal, not getting upset anymore over it.I  paid some of my other bills but have to wait on the stimulus check to finish paying the rest,I hope to have at least 100.00 dollars left for myself, its not much but i will do something nice for myself, boy oh boy lack of money can really make you feel down,I  think that's what has me so depressed, but i have decided not to be down, at least my bills will all be paid. I also called a new apartment complex and asked about the waiting list, the woman was very nice and said i should apply in September , right before my lease is up here. So I am going to stick it out and plan on moving again in the fall to a better apartment. If I can't find anything I will be stuck here but I am not stressing over it. I can't wait to get home and see my grandbabies!!Hope you all have a nice weekend! Oh for happy hour I'll have a frozen Margarita!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:20:51 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2008, 03:41:26 pm »
Netta-
I always feel better when my bills are paid too, not that it happens often :)  Do you have a Target near you?  Check the cameras out their.  I got a Samsung for like $35 cuz it was the last one.  That would be great if you could get into the new complex.

Fraid- Glad to hear you are not having any problems with your meds, I just got off those and they were pretty good for me too.

Drag- Hope you have a nice trip!

Betty-  Are you having awful weather out there?  They were talking about tornados on the news this morning, I hope they are no where near you.  Hope you had a nice lunch with your bff.

Queen-  They still have them call collect?  It seems like they should be able to get phone cards or something, that really sucks, I hated paying that bill.  How are the kittens and thier Mommy doing?

I am all messed up, I feel like today should be Saturday.  It is cold and raining here.  I went grocery shopping this morning, the price of meat has gone through the roof! 

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline netta

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2008, 03:48:07 pm »
Good Idea! yes I have a Targets near me.thanks Snow.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2008, 04:21:13 pm »
Wendy, your birthday mention is in there.  I saw it.  So, happy birthday to you!  How old is this one?
I'll be 36 on the 29th

Its a tad early but thank you

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2008, 08:24:30 pm »
Ladies,

Queen, when a friend of mine was in prison back in the middle 90's, I used to accept all his collect calls and I remember my phone bill being as high as $500.00.  Those calls can really get expensive.  Good luck with all that.  Try not to get too stressed out about it. 

Netta, that would be great if you could get out of that place you're in now.  I've lived in those types of places and they're depressing.   I feel ya on being down about having no money.  I wish I could still work full-time at a good rate of pay with benefits.  It's so hard to live on disability, and we never get good raises at the first of the year.  They're supposed to be cost-of-living raises, but they're never enough. 

Snow, we had a couple storms go through here, but nothing major.  BTW, I'm still wearing the necklace you sent.  I just adore it.  I'm also going to have to check out Target's when I get my stimulus check.  I would love to get a digital camera.  Then of course, I would have to learn all about how to use it. :P

Lunch went well with my gay bff.  After lunch, we went to this frozen custard place and we both lusted over some young guys that showed up.  It's always fun when I'm with my friend.  We can talk dirty and I know he won't think I'm coming on to him and vice versa. 

My grandson's birthday is coming up.  It's May 6th and he'll be 4.  I have no clue what to get him.  I don't know what 4-year olds like.  I think he likes Thomas the Train.  At least he did at Christmas.  I guess I'll have to ask the "mother."  That's going to be my new quit date as far as smoking goes.  I was listening to the news this morning and they had on a medical report that said if one smokes, it ages the heart 20 years.  Ugh.

Other than that, I paid some bills and that's about it.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.  Anybody doing anything exciting this weekend?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2008, 09:08:52 pm »
I got a baby shower to go to tomorrow. We will see how exciting that is...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2008, 03:02:25 am »
Morning Ladies---

Yeah, I am up kind of late. Was watching a martial arts movie with my roomie that I had bought from Walmart. I also treated myself to a little cheap digital camera, it only cost 20 bucks and I wanted to get one so I could take pics for my blog and here. So, I have been playing with it and trying to figure out how it works. You ladies will have to be my critics so be prepared for some pics every now and again.

I guess you know the local paper did a whole huge article on the young kids doing adult crime and my son's case was the main one they focused on. They even had a picture in the paper of the guy my son was shooting at and how close one of the bullets came to the baby. Another case going on is about these 4 teenager that stomped a man so bad he had to be put on a ventilator and he died yesterday. When I went to the ghetto store, the girls know my son so they were talking to me about it and this lady came up and told me not to feel bad that they had all her boys and they were all just over 18. One of them was involved with the man who just died. Another case was of this little girl who got jumped by 3 other little girls to the point they broke her hip and she just got out the hospital Thursday, I think. So my son's stupidity is getting me the type of attention I do not like.

Anyhoo....I paid all my bills and I can breath a sigh of relief. I have gotten my gas budget plan current though it is still too much but with it getting warmer, we won't be using so much gas and hopefully I will be able to catch up the bill. Still hoping to hear back from Section 8 soon. Haven't been able to do anything with the car lately but I did price some tires while at Walmart.

The weather has sucked, it has just been raining off and on. That's suppose to keep going up til Monday, I think. I am about to go to bed but here is some pics of Queen Nef and one of her kittens that I named Athena.

[attachment deleted by admin]
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2008, 05:58:33 am »
Ladies,

Yeah, I'm up way too early.

Wendy, have fun at the baby shower.

Queen, yeah, unfortunately sometimes the people we love  bring us bad press, so to speak.  Every time my first ex was in jail, it was in the paper, so everyone who knew us knew what was going on.   Cute kitties, by the way. 

I have to take a shower in a little bit and then I'm headed off to my parents' for the sale of whatever is left in the house.  I hope everything sells.  Whatever's left will be taken to Goodwill.  This will be the last time I'll be in the house that I was raised in, which makes me a little sad.  No more home to go home to and all that.  Anyway, that'll be an all-day affair; the sale is going until 4:00 this afternoon.  After that, I'll probably come home and take a nap. Exciting, eh? 

I can't think of anything else to say.  I'll be back later.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2008, 12:22:57 pm »
Queen- Cute pics!  Sorry to hear about all the unwanted attention.

Betty- I hope your day goes as well as possible. 

I have no idea what to do today.  Looking out the window I thought I was going to be able to take the kids somewhere, but I just went out to fill the birdfeeder and it is freakin cold.  I am so sick of being stuck in the house but my oldest has strep so I guess we will just hang out again today. :(

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2008, 03:44:54 pm »
Just breezing through, nothing really planned for me either. I cleaned the house, trying to keep myself occupied so I don't think about things. But it's not working. Update on my son..his gf called me this morning. It seems my nephew has done a video confession blaming my son for everything and adding things that didn't happen. I guess my son found this out through a PD that came to see him. I am just sitting back and watching everything happen just like I told my son it would if he ever went to jail. So called friends who were gonna drop money on his books never have, it seems I am the only one that has. My oldest sister said she may drop some after she pay her bills. But none of his so called homies have. I am not upset about it cause I know how it is but I bet my son is plenty pissed off. I hope he is taking note of it all. It all is a bit unnerving but it is out of my control. I'll do what I can for him which is basically put money on his books and relay any messages he may want me to pass along. They postponed his arraignment hearing and he doesn't know when the next one is. All I know is that I feel emotionally drained.

Betty-- I know today has to be an emotional day for you. Big Hug to you.

I hope the rest of you ladies chime in soon, I have nothing to read and am getting bored. I hope everyone is well. I will check back in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2008, 08:12:19 pm »
Baby shower wasnt terribly exciting. I was able to be there to sit with my girlfriends mother and I suppose make her feel more comfortable. My second good deed of the day.
My 25 + year girlfriend who lives out of state. Its her brothers wifes baby shower. All the other ladies there where people I dont know. Aside from gf's Mom and the mother to be.

1st good deed of the day was calling to a woman who forgot her cash at one of those check yourself out lanes at the store.

Billy and I had dinner at the Blackeyed pea. I'm tired now.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2008, 08:47:02 pm »
Hi GFs~

Had trouble signing in until now.  I spent all day out with Iceman, he helped me go buy a new mower and then he did all of my yardwork for me.  I got exhausted just watching him, but he did my yard, then we loaded up the mower and the weed-wacker and he mowed the lawn at his place.

Fraid, thanks so much for the ideas about my ears.  I will ask the docs about the conditions you mentioned. 

Funny, I'm relaxing now and I feel pretty good.

I think I'm allergic to work.

Gotta go, I have an Iceman wrapped around me on the couch......Thank goodness for this good man!   :D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2008, 03:59:25 am »
Ladies,

Snow, I hope your oldest feels better soon.

Queen, I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble your son's having.  You never know who your friends really are until trouble hits.  Then people's true colors come out.

Cin, glad you're having a good weekend.

Wendy, that was nice of you to call the lady who left her cash.

Yeah, I'm up in the middle of the night.  I was having a dream (nightmare).  I dreamed I was living with this guy who was a dope dealer.  Well, he thought me and some of my friends had betrayed him.  So, he was permanently maiming them.  Then he was after me and I was running from apartment to apartment in this complex, and he was looking for me with a loaded gun.  Then I woke up.  I have no idea what that's about.

Anyway, the sale went alright.  We (the siblings) made $52/each from my parents' stuff that sold.  I cried a little when I left for the last time.  Other than that, it was just a long day.  I think I might check out a few threads, then go back to bed.  Talk to you all sometime later.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2008, 06:59:58 am »
Good morning ladies!  Sorry I haven't been here, but I've not been feeling very well (again).  Coughing fits started again last night and my chest feels like I've been run over.  Fraid, I've used Saline drops, but my nose isn't stuffy and it's not running either (at the moment).  I've been taking Veramist and it seems to help.  My problem now is that i'm getting a lot of drainage from my head to my chest, which makes my chest tight and my coughing fits.  I'm also taking Musinex which is supposed to dry up the crud in my head - it's not.  The Veramist does seem to help, but the sample I got is only a 30 days supply.  Mini goes to the Doc on Tues (and Fri) and I'll talk to them about writing me a prescription. 

Betty, I'm still waiting for my rejection letter - never been so excited to be rejected..lol.

Queen, good luck with your MRI and other tests.  We're really pulling for you here.

Drag, enjoy your well deserved vacation.

To everyone else, I love you all dearly and wish you the best Sunday EVER!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2008, 02:54:28 pm »
Hello Ladies. Not much going on today. Off work, for which I am grateful cause I don't feel good. I think I am getting sick. My arms and legs ache and I have a good cough going.    Hopefully I'm just tired.          Minismum, sorry you arestill sick. That is ridiculous. I hope you feel better soon or that the medicines start working.                                   Queen, Sorry about your son. I think I remember having that conversation with my 18yo. It went in one ear and out the other. I did send him a money order last week but am waiting to hear back from him.                 I hope that the court system cuts your son a break and realizes that your nephew had something to do with that mess. Keep your head up, lady.                                         Betty, I know that must have been hard to close down your fathers house.    What a fucked up dream. Glad he didn't catch you.        Anyway, I am going to take Robert riding in his truck. Talk to ya'll later. Cristy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2008, 09:00:23 pm »
Hi GFs~

Had a great time with Iceman this weekend, but had to cut my visit short today, he had soccer games to go to....

BT, sounds like a spooky dream, its prob just a reflection of a little bit of stress.  So sorry about clearing out your parents' home, I am very sentimental and can only imagine how tough that was for you.  So damn bittersweet, fun memories, but a chapter closing nonetheless.  :(

Mum, sorry you're feeling like crapola.  You seem to be going through what I did last Fall.  October through New Years I was coughing, snorting, snotting, loosing my voice, it was the damn mold and mildew from when we finally got rain.  Get better soon.

Cristy, I hope you got the rest you needed, its a weird time for everyone to be under the weather, but stress, pollen, work, anything can kick your ass sooner or later.  Hang in there.

I took Cheech for a walk earlier, what a gorgeous evening!  We were out for 15 minutes, I ran him in a big circle around me like you would a horse.  It was fun!  I came back into the house and got on the treadmill.  I went 1-3/4 miles, walking and running for 30 minutes, and then goofed around on my exercise ball to cool down and stretch my back.

I read that a lot of balance probs can stem from a "weak core."  With my lipo pouch I sure have a weak core, lol.  I did push-ups, crunches, bounced around on that ball (GREAT to limber up a stiff back) and my blood sugar was 107 when I was done. 

I can't believe its 9pm already.  I need to shower and try to get some sleep! 

Oh, I hope I do OK this week with the balance/coordination shit.  I wonder if its really from my position doing the work of 2-3 people?  Ugh.  I am scheduling a personal day in the next two weeks to go get my hair done and take Cheech to the groomer.  Also, in June the entire office gets to go on a day trip to Atlantic City, NJ.  Its all paid for.  I'm not excited about being around a bunch of drunk people all day, but it should be fun.  I need to loosen up, you know?  LOL

Sleep tight, my Beauties..... :)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:02:15 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2008, 12:17:48 am »
Hello Ladies,

I was just sitting here as SO was doing the wedding playlist, and it hit me. I only have 5DAYS to go to the wedding. Everything is coming into place just right. As soon as I get pics of the wedding you girls know I will be posting some, or sending to email addresses one. ;D I hope everyone had a blessed a safe weekend. Even though I did get a little depressed this weekend. I get like that sometimes. Even before I was diagnosed or started the meds.

Well me and DD is off to bed while SO still play with the music.

Night everyone.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2008, 07:28:51 am »
Morning ladies,

Not much action on here yesterday.  I guess there'll be days like that.  I hope that means everyone was doing something exciting.

Mum, I hope you get that rejection letter soon so you can get taken care of.

Cristy, I hope you get to feeling better.  Don't let it go too long before you go to the doctor's.  You don't want it turning into something nasty.

Cin, good luck with the appointments.  They're this week?  So, you'll be going to Atlantic City?  That sounds like fun.  I've never been there, but if I did, I'd go on the boardwalk and gamble. 

Keeping, I'm getting excited for you. 

Yesterday I went back to bed, and didn't get up until like quarter till eight.  I did my laundry, vaccuumed out and washed my car and did a little grocery shopping.  I say "a little" because that's all I can afford.  I mean, I only got four small bags and it cost something like $50!  I don't have that kind of money.  Thank god for food banks.  Tomorrow is my state's primary.  Of course, I'm voting for Obama.  I so hope he gets the nomination and kicks McCain's ass in November.  One can only hope.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Section 8 for a re-certification.  Wednesday is the inspection.  So, I've been scrambling to get the paperwork together.  If I didn't have Section 8, I seriously don't know how I would make it on my own.  When I was trying to get back on it (I was on it before, then went into a nursing home), they were going to put me on a waiting list.  I contacted my senator, and his office got ahold of housing.  I was on it in a week.  I try to contact the government whenever I have trouble with a government agency.  It seems to work.  I think more people should do that. 

Today all I have to do is take a book back to the library and see if they're going to charge me for the book falling apart.  I was reading it and the middle of it separated from the binding.  I hope they don't charge me for it; it wasn't my fault and I can't afford to pay the cost of the book.  I hope you ladies have a good morning or whatever.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:48 am »
Keeping- I am glad everything is coming together for you for the wedding......WoooooHooo...Saturday you are going to be Mrs. So and So  ;D

Betty- Glad your day went alright on Sat. that must have been really hard.  Good luck with your recertification and inspection.  Any chance they might give you some more money?  I used to dread those inspections last summer when I was working but they were pretty much slum lords and always wanted to cut whatever corner they could to pass inspection. I was watching Obama on TV this weekend, I might switch over, I am between him and Hillary.

Oops got to get the kids to school.  Hope everyone has a good day!
Snow

Offline vivyt

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2008, 08:30:03 am »
Good Morning Ladies! Monday.... :) This is the last week of state testing at school...YAY! Now our schedule can get back to normal. I didn't do too much this weekend. I saw "Baby Mama". It was funny. Other than that did the same old routine...laundry, grading, planning.

Have a great day!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2008, 01:01:50 pm »
Hello Ladies.

I'm taking a break from house work to catch up with your posts. Its sprinkling outside, it is real nice about 70 degrees. I've got the backdoor open airing out the place while I do the floors and some laundry.

We finally bought a frame and bed for our new mattress. We have had it sitting on the floor on the sheet of plastic it comes in for months now.
Billy is going to go to pick it up today and my son will help carry it and set it up. The mattress is one of those Tempur-Pedic beds and its a bitch to pick up. Sucker is heavy. But its comfortable and is supposed to last a lifetime. Now we just need to find the time and money to pick colors and paint some rooms.

Check ya'll out later.

Offline netta

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2008, 01:30:41 pm »
Good day ladies, Hope all is well, I had an exciting weekend! Friday my nephew who is 18yrs old got into a car accident, crazy drama! some guy threw a bottle at his car and when he got out of the car to confront him the guy tried to run him and a girl over!! My nephew went to the hospital and has a broken hand and a couple of broken fingers. He could have been killed!!the police officer didn't even make a report! My sis went yesterday to the police to file charges against this guy who had a beef with one of my nephews friends.My nephews car was wrecked bad by the maniac who tried to pin him  to  the door of his car! What is the world coming too! So much black on black crime with our young men. My nephew is about to graduate high school in a few week, and is a pretty good kid, who works and goes to school. Were just glad he's alright, my sis was a wreck when she got the call.
Saturday we chilled and went fishing with some friends, this was a lot of fun, we went to the pier in Norfolk and drank beer all day and at fish ate at the restaurant atop the pier, the weather was beautiful! I  hope you all are doing well.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:33:05 pm by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2008, 01:35:29 pm »
That's just nuts that there was no police report made. Its not like it was a simple bump accident with no damage.
Geez, glad he wasnt killed.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2008, 02:37:03 pm »
Good afternoon ladies. This has been a good day so far. Robert and I were going to Greensboro  so he could have his year checkup and his teacher calls at 8:15. Seems today is the day the prek kids do their testing for kindergarten.  I am grateful she called cause I overlooked it in the usual papers they send home with him and they only tested today. So I rescheduled our appointments and took Robert to school.   Must have him in kindergarten next year.          So then I went to the grocery store and came home and took a nap. I feel pretty good right now.                                      Netta, glad your nephew is okay. Your sister needs to push the charges. I think all children that age are insane(especially mine) but your nephew sounds like a good boy. Hope his hand heals well.                                                                           Betty, I hear ya about the grocery store. Our foodstamps got cut and I spent quite a bit on grocery's the last couple of weeks. There was a sale today, sirloin tip 1.87 per pound so I bought 10 pounds and had it ground into burgers. We really watch for the sales, my momma taught me that, and then try to stock up the freezer.                 Win, I meant to tell you, your son is such a cutie. Glad he's gonna help carry the new mattress.  I hope it sleeps well.               Keeping, getting wedding nerves, huh. Hope it comes off fantastically and you are married happily ever after.    Later, ladies.  Cristy                   

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2008, 02:39:17 pm »
Netta- That is f-ing crazy, people don't think anymore, they just let thier anger take them over, it is crazy, especially the young kids.  The officer is a dope!  Did you catch anything fishing? I caught the wierdest looking fish off a pier at Myrtle Beach, it looked like it was part fish, part frog, it freaked me out :)

I got some really good news today!!!  I got a call from the house of corrections, SB violated the restraining order again and is in jail!!!!!I found out  a couple of hours ago and I haven't stopped grinning yet.  I have no idea how long he will be in but I feel so blessed right now.  I feel kinda sad for my son but he won't mind too much.  I am going to call his daughter and find out what happened.

Win-Your new mattress sounds like heaven! I need to start working on my house too.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2008, 02:44:46 pm »
Nothing special going on with me, just got back in from getting my blood work done..6 vials I had to give up for all these freaking tests. Then yesterday my roomie's friend came over in tears cause she caught her man cheating on her. So you can imagine what that was like but I got the crib to myself... ;D

Netta-- Glad your nephew was ok and I know what you mean about black on black crime. I blame these rappers they got now, the olds school rappers rapped about respect and doing things. The ones they got out now talk about shooting, killing, going to jail or fucking.

Wini--It's nice here to but still need a light jacket in the shade. I am just lazing around watching Christine on AMC.

Betty-- I am still waiting to hear from Section 8, I hope it will be any day now so I can go looking for another apartment or maybe a house. I am just ready to get out of here after the last stunt my landlord pulled.

Cindy-- I haven't been to AC in ages but when I went it wasn't to gamble and more of a booty call... ;D

Well, I am bored out of my skull. I need to go do something, I dunno what yet though....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2008, 03:00:26 pm »
Oh how exciting Snow, Cant wait to hear the scoop.

Cristy he is a looker but boy he is hairy. Poor thing.  And he decided to color his hair and facial hair black the other day. It looks unnatural. I prefer him as a blonde. or a light brunette,

I'm playing with the camera right now. Trying to make another animated pic for my signature line.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2008, 04:41:14 pm »
hello ladies,

I am just back from my holiday and catching up with the thread. It was great, but expensive. we were going to rent a car for the weekend relying on it being a long weekend, so planned on getting 4 days for the price of 2, that didnt work out b/c the rental company wised up. But anyway was awsome. When I came back tonight I had just made dinner and was skyping my parents, usually when I am online with them I will check the forums or the news, but I wasnt able to, everything was flashing and I got real dizzy, I couldnt focus on the screen, just shut my eyes. that lasted while we were eating and I had to put off the main lights, now its ok again. so I am thinking about Cindy - you have to deal with that all the time, its awful. Working is so tough - nearly impossible if not totally. I hope and pray you will find the reason and the solution asap. and regardless that you get some workload taken off cos its not funny anymore. 5 months with Ice huh? seems longer to me, but then again time flies and everything happnens so fast once you're 30 (sigh).

Betty, Queen and anyone else who needs it good luck with all the bearocracy. Ive had my share with the tax, what a frigging nightmare, of there's anything that makes me cry out of frustration its that stuff. I havent sorted out any of this yet, I mean I filled the forms but its all stuck and in the meantime am accumulating debts. I can't control it so try not to think about it.  :-\ Same as the prices, food is rising everywhere, fuel, true that doesnt affect me normally cos I dont drive but I might well have to in my next jobs and it makes trains, flights and also food (or anything that needs transportation) more expensive.

Cristy I am going to have to start planning and budgeting way better than I have been doing. I should get some tips from your mom - she would really tell me off I bet as I am crap at planning those things.

Betty that was one freaky dream, but what I like about nightmares is the sheer relief waking up. Good luck with the stopping. You know we are rooting for you.

Mom, hope you feel better, have you tried the open bedside onion? just might help and if not you can still use it for cooking.  ;D

Wendy enjoy the bed! I'd like to have a nice big bed one day (ours is second hand and small so we sleep apart, but then the whole apartment it pretty small).

Keeping good luck, congrats and lots of fun on the big day!

Oh, oh, how could I forget, got the most amazing surprise in the mail. Yes, "the" necklace, its beautiful and sexy and above all, means so much, I am proudly wearing it, and will not take it off except to shower. Thank you so much Snow!!! It was so adorably wrapped as well, can't tell you how moved I am.
 :-*

And congrats on SB being where he belongs...

Netta sounds like a great day out, our weather is great now too, I love being outside. Thank God about your nephew. Young people are so violent nowadays everywhere. It makes me sound old, but yeah there's a huge generation gap. When I was a teen boys had fights, now they stab each other, and I suppose in a country where guns are more available, it gets much worse.

Queen every time you write about your son, I feel how tragic it is that things have developed so messily, and I wish there was something I could do or say, but the only thing is be an ear for you, cos you're doing all you can for him, and its just so sad, I hope that there will be some kind of loophole, solution, something, that will get him out of being trialed as an adult, because at the end of the day, he is not one, and I am sure that he has learned his lesson big time already.

Haven't heard from Tendai, Veritee & Wishful in a while, hope everythng's ok with them and with everyone else.

Lots of love for now ladies,

I knew I forgot someone, sorry - Viv, hang in there, less than a week to go and summer around the corner...

Fraid good luck with the meds. You have very good numbers still. I was dead tired for years but I didnt know what that was about, in a way it made it easier, but I ended up starting meds quite late with a CD4<100.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:53:23 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2008, 06:37:30 pm »
Evening ladies,

Snow, I'm glad SB is back in the slammer, where he rightfully belongs.  Hopefully he won't be able to bail out so easily this time.

Viv, how long did you say you're going to teach summer school for?

Wendy, have a good sleep tonight.

Cristy, sometimes I don't even know why they still give me food stamps-I only get $10/month.  But, that does come through for like milk in a pinch. Oh, by the way, make sure you get out and vote tomorrow, young lady.  Your state's primary and mine are both tomorrow.

Netta, wow.  Yes, young people are really insane today.  A couple weekends ago in Chicago, there were either 32 or 34 shootings just in one weekend (they all involved young men).  It seems to be all about money equaling power.  Which is insane in itself.  The money they make, dealing drugs etc. can be taken away in a heartbeat.  Anyway, I'm glad your nephew wasn't more seriously hurt.  I agree that his mother should really pressure the police about pressing charges. 

Queen, when will you be getting the results of your blood tests?  And when is your first scan?  Sorry, I forget.

Drag, it kind of sounds like you might have had a migraine.  Those can be awful.  I hope that tax thing gets taken care of soon.  That would be something.  Hey, I can relate about the generation gap.  I'm 42 and things just aren't the same as they used to be.  Things move way too fast anymore.

Well, I called the guy in charge of volunteering at my ASO and I'll be talking with him Thursday.  I'll be in that part of town Thursday, as I have an appointment with my doctor that day to get a pelvic/pap smear/depo shot.  And he'll (doc) probably order my bloodwork that day also.  So, I told the guy at the ASO that I would like to answer their phones a couple days a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I picked those days because I don't want to be there on Monday when they get bombarded with calls or Friday when everyone needs something right away.  He told me the hours are 1-5.  That's doable.  I also have to talk to my care coordinator for a re-cert that day.  So, I have two re-cert appointments this week.  Thank god welfare doesn't want one.  Hopefully I won't have another one with them (welfare) until December, but who knows.  They can be sneeky sometimes. 

Anyway, I'm still waiting on my stimulus thing.  I'm sure the IRS is getting plenty of phone calls.  People who "really need" it right away etc.  I would hate to work there right now.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.  I'm almost out of cigarettes, so as soon as I read a few more threads, I suppose I'll have to make a run down to 7-11. 

Offline camille07

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2008, 08:06:02 pm »
Hey Girls-

Sorry to hear about all the dizziness and ill feeling. 

Cin-  Congrats on the anniversary....the time has flown by.  It seems like you were just talking about that first massage:)

Betty-    The heart valve thing is no fun.  I had mitral valve prolapse from phen phen  and started taking coQ10.  Its been reversed so I don't need antibiotics anymore if I go to the dentist.  I'm not advocating the coQ because it is expensive and I know it worked for me, but I don't know about studies that have been done.  When I was in my twenties I was smoking a pack a day and drinking alot.  One christmas eve I started losing my breath and just thought I  just needed air.  My heart felt like  it was spasming and told my husband "i need to go to the er".  It turned out I had an arrhythmia.  My heart is in really good shape now, I've stopped smoking for almost 8 years and exercise.  The heart is a resilient muscle.

Win-  You and your son are incredibly similar in looks.  Yes, you are his mom, but still, you two look soooo much a like....wow.

Queen-  Keep us posted on all your results...I'm definitely praying for ya girl.  Nefer's kittens are too cute.  I'm glad you have a positive thing happening amongst all the chaos.

A good evening to the rest of you girls. 

Hugs,

Camms

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.