Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:45:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 598
Total: 601

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Th9507  (Read 3881 times)

Offline ZCorker

Th9507
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:24:15 am »
Has anyone heard when the next Th9507 trial is going to start in California?  I have been on a 6 drug cocktail and my viral load is the lowest it has ever been, but my percentage of lymphocytes is no longer climbing.  I am locked in at 16% and I would feel a lot more comfortable if they were above 20%.  I ended up going all the way down to 77 T-Cells at less than 9% prior to starting medications in February 2008.  I had substantial drug resistance.

Let me know about Th9507.

ZC
 :'(

Offline veritas

Re: Th9507
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:07:52 pm »

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00608023

I don't think this will help with your viral load or cd4 count, but here is the latest clinical trial.

Offline MitchMiller

Re: Th9507
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 04:58:20 pm »
Z:  You probably wouldn't have posted if you weren't already familiar with the Gladstone Inst. studies showing HGH increases TCell counts... and not in the same way as IL2, but rather in "de-aging" the thymus.  I would like to see TCell counts published from the lipo studies of this HGH pro-drug.  I would expect they are in the complete results, but not in the summarized abstracts that are published in the press. 

Here's just a reminder about the basis for why Th9507 should be studied as an agent to enhance the immune system:

AIDS. 2002 May 24;16 (8):1103-11 12004268 (P,S,G,E,B) Cited:3
[Cited?]
Increased thymic mass and circulating naive CD4 T cells in HIV-1-infected adults treated with growth hormone.
[My paper] Laura A Napolitano, Joan C Lo, Michael B Gotway, Kathleen Mulligan, Jason D Barbour, Diane Schmidt, Robert M Grant, Robert A Halvorsen, Morris Schambelan, Joseph M McCune
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA.
OBJECTIVE: To determine whether treatment with growth hormone (GH) enhances thymopoiesis in individuals infected with HIV-1. METHODS: Five HIV-1-infected adults were treated with GH for 6-12 months in a prospective open-label study. Immunological analyses were performed before GH treatment and repeated at 3 month intervals after GH initiation. Thymic mass was analysed using computed tomography with quantitative density and volume analysis. Analysis of circulating lymphocytes, including naive and memory T cell subsets, was performed using multiparameter flow cytometry. RESULTS: GH treatment was associated with a marked increase in thymic mass in all GH recipients. Circulating naive CD4 T cells also increased significantly in all patients during GH therapy, suggesting an enhancement of thymopoiesis. CONCLUSION: GH has significant effects on the human immune system, including the reversal of thymic atrophy in HIV-1-infected adults. De-novo T cell production may thus be inducible in immunodeficient adults.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.